Any good Netflixxing going on?

bcleez

Does anyone have any good Netflix Watch Instantly recommendations?

Has anyone seen "The girl that kicked the Hornets nest"?

I feel like I have seen most of the stuff on watch instantly and am looking into more of the Documentary, Foreign, and lesser known movies. Its really hit or miss with most being a big miss.

I would recommend MOON with Sam Rockwell. Its a neat movie.

bcleez,
Reactions: grokit

Snafu

union the business behind getting high
how weed won the west

those are two i can think of right off the top of my head

Snafu,
Reactions: killick

Nosferatu

Try and get into the Spartacus series, as dumb as it will seem at first, it gets good! Just watched AKA Tommy Chong which was surprisingly great.

Nosferatu,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
60034810.jpg

The Corporation
2003UR 144 minutes
Filmmakers Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott explore the genesis of the American corporation, its global economic supremacy and its psychopathic leanings, with social critics like Noam Chomsky and Milton Friedman lending insight in this documentary. With their merciless quest for profit and insatiable aim to sway every aspect of culture, conglomerates' inner workings are scrutinized to draw conclusions about "business as usual."

70132877.jpg

Plunder: The Crime of Our Time
2009NR 106 minutes
Filmmaker and media critic Danny Schechter explores how the current financial crisis was built on a foundation of criminal activity, uncovering the connection between the collapse of the housing market and the economic catastrophe that followed. To get the real story, Schechter -- aka "the News Dissector" -- interviews bankers, economists, journalists and even a convicted white-collar criminal who blew the whistle on dishonest business practices.

70122701.jpg

Capitalism: A Love Story
2009R 127 minutes
Filmmaker Michael Moore (Sicko, Fahrenheit 9/11) takes on capitalism's roots, the floundering U.S. economy, and 2008's global financial meltdown and subsequent bank bailout in this rousing documentary. Combining stories about those who suffer most from Corporate America's greed and insatiable thirst for profits and the people most responsible for myriad crises, Moore embarks on another shocking fact-finding rampage.

70002668.jpg

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism
2004NR 110 minutes
Filmmaker Robert Greenwald delivers a no-holds-barred documentary on Rupert Murdoch's Fox News cable channel, which has been criticized in certain quarters as running a "race to the bottom" in television news. Featuring interviews with a range of media experts, the film offers an in-depth look at the dangers of burgeoning corporations that take control of the public's right to know and explores Murdoch's ever-expanding media empire.

not on instant but i got something out of these...

American Radical
American Radical: The Trials of Norman Finkelstein
(2009) NR

As a descendent of Holocaust survivors and a passionate critic of Israel, American academic Norman Finkelstein creates controversy with his fervent opinions. This gripping documentary profiles him, illuminating his beliefs and those of his opponents. Often labeled a self-hating Jew and anti-Semite, Finkelstein faces criticism head-on while he strives to examine the deeper meanings of freedom, human identity and national interest.

this one's not on Netflix yet, but important also...

9109307.jpg

http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=146

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5VEEepjdk

Important because...

cover_art.jpg

And, if you want more documentary suggestions, look at the list here, (down at the bottom you'll see Robert Fisk and Robert Sheer vids that are pretty meaty)...

http://www.linktv.org/documentaries

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Check out: A Film with Me in it, Dean Stanley, What Doesn't Kill You, Wasabi, Altered, OSS 117: Cairo Nest of Spies, OSS117: Lost in Rio, The Burrowers, Dorian Grey, Suspiria, Franklyn, the beyond, city of the living dead.

DevoTheStrange,

bcleez

cool stuff added most of it. Props on Instant Watch. I hate how netflix displays the movies. It's like their system shows me exactly what I don't want to watch.

bcleez,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I watched Into The Void on Netflix instant the other night...very trippy! Lots of cool visuals.

Purpl3_Haz3,

DeeGee

vapologist
They got a shitload of David Attenborough's stuff like Life of Mammals and Life of Birds.

Fuck yeah to those. I've learned so much it's like going to school.
:cool:

DeeGee,

hereatlast

Netflix seems to have the full Cosby Show catalog :cool:
I'm running through the whole thing now.

Fans of TV series can usually pull quite a few hours in what their interested (The Office, 30 Rock, Better of Ted, Arrested Development). There's some British sitcoms I'd never seen or heard of before that I liked.

I'm definitely into the Nova and educational/documentary epis more than anything else.

Recently cut cable :tup:
Free satellite (analog:digi convertor) and subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu plus have served as replacements.

hereatlast,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Dog bites man and That's my Bush are two shows I can't get enough of lately. Funny as hell.

aesthyrian,

bcleez

Someone here suggested Battlestar Galactica. I always thought it was kind of goofy but it was actually an awesome series once you get into it.

bcleez,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
bcleez said:
Someone here suggested Battlestar Galactica. I always thought it was kind of goofy but it was actually an awesome series once you get into it.

I like the reimagined series far better than the original series. . . not as cheezy or goofy. I recently watched every episode of the new Battlestar right before christmas, took me a week to get through all of them.

MG23

Relaxin'
DeeGee said:
aesthyrian said:
Dog bites man and That's my Bush are too shows I can't get enough of lately. Funny as hell.
Those any good? What kinda humor are they?

I love Dog Bites Man, it got cancelled way too soon. It's a mockumentary(ish) about news reporters.

MG23,

Plotinus

Mother was the best movie of 2010, in my opinion. Definitely don't miss it. Korean cinema is some of the best out there right now I think.

Plotinus,

bcleez

DevoTheStrange said:
bcleez said:

I like the reimagined series far better than the original series. . . not as cheezy or goofy. I recently watched every episode of the new Battlestar right before christmas, took me a week to get through all of them.

Yeah, i was talking about the new one. It was fantastic. Like you said really addictive too.

bcleez,

Theo

Freakonomics

I'm really happy it was turned into a movie and it was really well done, incredibly interesting and awesome.

Theo,
Top Bottom