AIRISTECH airis Headbanger Wax Vaporizer Dip&Dab 2in1 Vape Pen Kit

anasrzi

how do you use your dip coil? which temp. ?

Set it at green temp wise, tip you just dip in when pressing for heat @btka.

Like the unit so far, hits the spot but the flavour is lacking, in fact it's not very good considering it's quartz! Need better atomisers without the coil taste in my very limited use, I won't be using it again until it's got a SiC or completely enclosed Quartz cup in use.

Disappointed :(

anasrzi,
Reactions: btka

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Set it at green temp wise, tip you just dip in when pressing for heat @btka.

Like the unit so far, hits the spot but the flavour is lacking, in fact it's not very good considering it's quartz! Need better atomisers without the coil taste in my very limited use, I won't be using it again until it's got a SiC or completely enclosed Quartz cup in use.

Disappointed :(

The HB is never gonna have as good taste as a ti or quartz bucket. Thats the same as any coil based concentrate vape. Mine definatley tastes better than by terp pen though.

Coils are more conveniant than cups, at the cost of flavour.

btka

The HB is never gonna have as good taste as a ti or quartz bucket. Thats the same as any coil based concentrate vape. Mine definatley tastes better than by terp pen though.

Coils are more conveniant than cups, at the cost of flavour.

Funny I like the taste from terp pen better.... more terpy...
you get the burning in your nose feeling from terp pen from the terpens
do you have a coil for terp pen without insulation (first version)?
also I am a bit concerned to inhale quartz particles... with dip coil...

clouds are good... and you do not have to inhale so long compared to terp pen...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I won't be using it again until it's got a SiC or completely enclosed Quartz cup in use.
I find the flavor quite good as long as the quartz is always kept filled and never overcook the cups if possible, that said maybe a Linx Blaze with a butter cup set would suit you better, over $100 more but exposed coils (no matter how they are coated, fritted quartz included, are not for everyone)
https://linxvapor.com/products/blaze

anasrzi

Thanks guys for the feedback, I'm attempting to clean both atomisers this morning after I've burnt off the residue. Dip tip looks to have come out cleaner so far but as I really want the HB to be the bomb I'm going to try again at some point.

I've been using the Longmada Crystal which has a fully lined Quartz cup, ceramic plate and heated fence inside the Quartz is totally kept away from the oil, flavour is excellent. So maybe I was hoping for to much with the HB.

I think pulsing the power button, with the dip tip is likely going to be my best bet. I got some great rips last night using it, so cloud power isn't the issue.

Saying all that non exposed coil, made of Quartz, SiC or ceramic would be very interesting.

anasrzi,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Longmada Crystal
I have a replacement Crystal (warranty from Fastech:tup:) as mine shorted a week into use, I am not sure I will use it as I pulled mine apart after I was told a replacement was coming and found the quartz over the fence element (it was wobbly) is glued into the bottom of the atty. (bit of a worry as it runs so hot):2c:

I have not bothered cleaning my 2nd dip tip, I have emptied 2x full concentrate containers through the one tip only using green temp wise bit never let the tip get fry, I even slow snorted some huge rips while the tip was bouncing in and out of the cup.:myday:
img_20191211_144927-jpg.15193

I have also only used low temp and pressure rosin that has few contaminates to create reclaim:2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: anasrzi

Airistech

Manufacturer Rep
Manufacturer
Got the headbanger, it's currently charging. It's got a small crack on the inside of the water tool/mouthpiece, doesn't effect anything but I'll have to be extra careful using it as I don't want a crack so small to widen.

Overall looks really neat, quite restrictive on the air flow especially the internal atomizer. Can see why adding a airhole here is beneficial @oddjobold but right now I want to test out the dip tip, I'll drill out a hole for the internal fritted Quartz tomorrow and then try that out too.

Like the little starch jars and the magnetic storage on the base. Water tool is so cute and perfectly formed (minus the tiny crack) it makes me wonder how it's been made to such tight margins.

Let testing comense this evening :).
Thumb up

Airistech,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I tried a burn off on my dip tip. Put the HB on red, pressed the button serveral times till no smoke came off anymore. Unfortunatley now my HB tastes burnt and horrible. I tried an iso soak on the tip but still tastes gross.

I am moving soon (not sure when) so dont want to buy any tips on a slow boat from china. Any idea how to get rid of this eghhh taste?

anasrzi

I tried a burn off on my dip tip. Put the HB on red, pressed the button serveral times till no smoke came off anymore. Unfortunatley now my HB tastes burnt and horrible. I tried an iso soak on the tip but still tastes gross.

I am moving soon (not sure when) so dont want to buy any tips on a slow boat from china. Any idea how to get rid of this eghhh taste?

Think I'd just get another atomiser and bin the yuck one myself. I've tried cleaning my dip tip and will give it another try tonight being New Year's Eve and all. I did the burn off myself until I got little to zero smoke, hope it tastes ok but I have my trusty Crystal if it goes tits up :).

Whisper

On a couple of different occasions, I've had to burn off my HB. Usually, it's because I have applied too much oil to it and it has caused my Headbanger to clog. Which means going thru the temps, and pulling on the mp to clear. I always end on red, and burn-off until it's a clear path.
I just re-apply and it's usually smooth and a breeze to pull from it. I have not had problems with mine, and I have been using it daily. Good luck!

anasrzi

Yeah maybe a new tip is the only solution. That might have to wait till i move. In the meantime i am really like the dtv4 with ti cup.

Might well be @oddjobold if it's still yuck after repeated burn offs. I did a few more burn offs last night before use just to ensure as cleaner hit as possible, seemed to work well in that regard. Did a few sizeable hits with the HB last night, flavour was much better with pulsing the power button on green and collecting a small blob of diesel each time, not on a par with the crystal but the hits were thicker and heavier.

With some further technique improvements and more flavourful oil than the diesel I'm sure the HB could come into its own.

Happier now :).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
New coils are less than $2 ea so get a few spares.:tup:
I have just broken the internals of another glass stem...death by ultrasonic cleaner...again.:disgust:
I think my cleaner might be a bit of a demon as it also blows out S&B capsules on occasion.:)

shredder

New coils are less than $2 ea so get a few spares.:tup:
I have just broken the internals of another glass stem...death by ultrasonic cleaner...again.:disgust:
I think my cleaner might be a bit of a demon as it also blows out S&B capsules on occasion.:)

Do you have a link for those coils? I've seen $16.90 for 5 on the airistech web site. (Free shipping)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you have a link for those coils?

$1.67 ea, but only dab coils left at this time,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52

$2.18 each, both styles,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919849053.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.1f1c2e0eS5XmQs

I can recommend the huni badger it is really a different beast...
And only US$189+freight+$60 for water filtration, the HB can be had for US$22.and has 3 temp settings.:2c:

Last edited:

btka

$1.67 ea, but only dab coils left at this time,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52

$2.18 each, both styles,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919849053.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.1f1c2e0eS5XmQs

And only US$189+freight+$60 for water filtration, the HB can be had for US$22.and has 3 temp settings.:2c:
You have tontry it yourself the hunibadger is worth every cent and much powerfull then headbanger and terp pen... big clouds, good taste and you do not have to draw for seconds to get any vspor... after I got my hunibadger I was sorry to spent 34 dollars for the headbanger...

Whisper

@btka The possitive thing for you is, you will be able to sell your Headbanger and not lose a dime. It is well

worth the price, in my opinion. I am very pleased with the money saved by purchasing my Headbanger.

btka

To be honest it is not only the performance, which the hunibadger is much better... I have also concerns about the quartz dip coil... it is delicate I think when dipping in jar you can break some quartz and inhale it... the tip of hunibadger is solid totally different and much better concept then terp pen and headbanger... you have to try it yourself to understand... headbanger is like a gimmick compared to hunibadger in my humble opinion...

You do not need the waterbubbler... I think I will sell my headbanger and buy a waterbubbler for my hunibadger...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
solid totally different and much better concept
Some people do not like ceramic heaters taste-wise (great for soldering irons) and for the money and size a banger and enail would be better/cheaper than a honey badger, but this is the Headbanger thread, a tiny cheap wax portable.:2c:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I can recommend the huni badger it is really a different beast...

You have tontry it yourself the hunibadger is worth every cent and much powerfull then headbanger and terp pen... big clouds, good taste and you do not have to draw for seconds to get any vspor... after I got my hunibadger I was sorry to spent 34 dollars for the headbanger...

To be honest it is not only the performance, which the hunibadger is much better... I have also concerns about the quartz dip coil... it is delicate I think when dipping in jar you can break some quartz and inhale it... the tip of hunibadger is solid totally different and much better concept then terp pen and headbanger... you have to try it yourself to understand... headbanger is like a gimmick compared to hunibadger in my humble opinion...

You do not need the waterbubbler... I think I will sell my headbanger and buy a waterbubbler for my hunibadger...

This is not the Huni Badger thread. Please take your support there. It is inappropriate and frankly, rude to post in a product's thread just to recommend a competing product. It is also against the rules to mention that you are planning to sell something. Please limit sales talk to the Classifieds. Thanks for your cooperation.

pakalolo,
Reactions: btka

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My ultrasonic cleaner has just highlighted another fault in a bubbler tube,
img_20200102_141004-jpg.15442

So that is now 2 broken internals, I might not use my ultrasonic cleaner on my new unit I have on order, I might give a stem to a machinist friend to make me a S/S version for a spare doomsday job.:myday:

Top Bottom