AIRISTECH airis Headbanger Wax Vaporizer Dip&Dab 2in1 Vape Pen Kit

shredder

Hey gang.... just FYI, it looks like Aris has discontinued the Q1 dip tip for the Headbanger. It doesn't look like they offer any kind of replacement, either. If you love your Headbanger as much as I do mine, you might want to stock up on tips.

Peace.

Perfect vapes website says they're just temporarily out and will have them soon.

BTW anyone checked out an airis dabble. It's kinda like the headbanger, but a different magnetic internal coil and instead of a dip coil it has a ground glass water piece joint for water use.

It has 3 temps like a headbanger but mine hits harder. Like it's tuned for using with water.

The coil is a flat fritted quartz disc that sits in a ceramic cup.

Along with hitting harder it also burns through concentrate faster.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Perfect vapes website says they're just temporarily out and will have them soon.

BTW anyone checked out an airis dabble. It's kinda like the headbanger, but a different magnetic internal coil and instead of a dip coil it has a ground glass water piece joint for water use.

It has 3 temps like a headbanger but mine hits harder. Like it's tuned for using with water.

The coil is a flat fritted quartz disc that sits in a ceramic cup.

Along with hitting harder it also burns through concentrate faster.

I was checking them out but really wanted the dip tip. I ended up ordering an airis 8. Smaller than the headbanger and without the bubbler. It's been sitting in pre-ship mode for a while so I'm hoping something gets moving here soon. My only question right now is the quality of material used in the airpath.
Hopefully they continue making those dip tips because I believe they work for all the airis units that are dippers.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Well, the Airis 8 arrived. I still need to play with it, but it is not a quality thing.

The mouthpiece and area that leads into the airpath appears to be that cheap shiny metal coating that you can peel off the plastic parts. It's almost like sprayed on chrome shit. There was also a little brown blob of some shit sitting inside the mouthpiece. Maybe it was gasket material? Maybe it was bat dung from the wet animal markets of Wuhan. Gross.

The fritted quartz dip tip looks like a good idea. I did get high off it, but had to load a good amount of concentrate to get wispy hits and a lot of vapor just eminating from the tip. I'm sure I need practice to use this pen to the best of its abilty. My fear is by the time I get good with it, most of the chrome paint will be floating through my bloodstream.

On second thought, I'm not going to play with it. Into the hopper it goes. I wonder if the dip tip fits on something else?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
At least others now know to give it a miss...at least you got it cheap!
I have been giving my HB a fair bit of use over the last week as I try to erase 20 years of smoking from my workshop (now a vape cave...almost)

kushkush

happy camper....
Just got my Headbanger and need some help. I click 5 times to turn it on. Then I wait a few seconds and click 3 times for a temp setting, then I click and hold.... and nothing happens. I didn't know how to separate the initial 5 clicks from the 3 clicks several times for green, blue, or red, and then click and hold.... bottom line... how can I tell the thing is even on? Then how do I know I'm at the blue temp (it did show blue once and I think it heated up for about 10 seconds and then just shut off. Otherwise you have to click 5x again to turn it off.

How do you know when it's off? It doesn't blink or do anything when it's turned On or Off.... confusing.

I'm wishing I could just turn it on, choose a color and vape. Having to hold the button down sort of bothers me. Anyway after I turn it on nothing happens so I don't know whether to turn it on again or click 3x for color.... can somebody help please.

Last edited:
kushkush,

shredder

Just got my Headbanger and need some help. I click 5 times to turn it on. Then I wait a few seconds and click 3 times for a temp setting, then I click and hold.... and nothing happens. I didn't know how to separate the initial 5 clicks from the 3 clicks several times for green, blue, or red, and then click and hold.... bottom line... how can I tell the thing is even on? Then how do I know I'm at the blue temp (it did show blue once and I think it heated up for about 10 seconds and then just shut off. Otherwise you have to click 5x again to turn it off.

How do you know when it's off? It doesn't blink or do anything when it's turned On or Off.... confusing.

I'm wishing I could just turn it on, choose a color and vape. Having to hold the button down sort of bothers me. Anyway after I turn it on nothing happens so I don't know whether to turn it on again or click 3x for color.... can somebody help please.
Sounds like you fried a coil, or it's not screwed in all the way. Have you tried both coils?

shredder,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
You can remove any atty and the unit should function as advertised, if it only plays up with an atty in it the atty is probably faulty, here is a quick demo,

LesPlenty,
Reactions: shredder

kushkush

happy camper....
I got'er working now thanks to @shredder and @LesPlenty. And Mr. Plenty needs to put his little video on YT. Short & sweet! Oh how I wish these things had a 'standard' for turning on/off and changing temps. It's too hard to remember which is hot, Red or Green, at least blue seems to always be in the middle. I like blue.

Thanks again, guys. You are true helpers.

:leaf:

Top Bottom