710 coils

Enialis

@Enialis The Quartz Pi ball caps are sometimes a little thin between the top flared out portions and I can replace it if you like =)

As for the cap and banger configurations, are you torching or heating with a coil and what type of glass piece are you using. If you are torching and also using an airy piece. You will have to add more heat to try and balance things out. As for the pearls and inserts. I would wait until you dial in the temps for doing a good vapor producing dab and then once that has been found. Add in the pearls and inserts as you will have a valid baseline to work from. If you are trying to spin the pearls, you will need a special cap that spins the pearls =)

Can you send me a pic of your setup?

Let me know if I missed anything and please message me directly if you would like me to replace your cap

As for everyone else. Slurpers dropped today and I am working on adding them to the site =)

Shane
@710Coils and who am i to turn down a free carb cap? I'll gladly take it because I spent $50 on three carb caps and not one of them works in this setup either. I'd like to think it was something simple like an out of spec part causing all of this and not some greater problem with the hole setup.

I have 3 pieces I've tried using it on and get the same results on all of them unless i wiggle the neck of the silcone one around in a circle to move the pearl. I need to start saying move instead of spin because thats what i really mean. Its not that my pearls aren't spinning ala a riptide or cyclone cap, its that the pearls, and my dab aren't getting hit with enough air to move them at all. It just sits there and burns up.

I'm using an enail to heat it up with one of your coils. I'm getting a worse dab in terms of flavor and vapor than I do with a torch in the same setups (swapping the enail and banger for one of your standard sized opaque bangers instead of torching the enail banger). I switched to an enail hoping to replicate the flavor, vapor production, and medical effect that i get from my HVT core/hyperion erig's perfect cold start and uptemp dabs. Right now whether i do high temp or low temp on the enail im not able to get a comparable dab to torch or the erig in any of those categories.

Im getting an auber delivered on wednesday the 14th with an auber i bought along with my flowerpot bundle from NewVape Cannabis Hardware so that way we know Im getting it from a reputable dealer and can rule out the controller being an issue. Everything but that will have come from you at that point.

These are the three pieces I've tried it on, same problem with all of then. I've linked a video of me hitting it at 700 and only getting 3 hits of wispy vapor before its all gone. I'll also link the video i took afterwards of me hitting my erig and having to stop after one puff for comparison since I took both for my thread where im trying to get help trouble shooting this. (The pictures are from before i broke the pi cap, but i have other pictures from after and can grab a picture of the broken pi cap for you since it wasn't broken yet in the 3 pictures im inserting and i didnt use it in the video i took after it had already broke.)

20210409_171141.jpg20210409_171251.jpg20210409_171312.jpg

Video of enail hit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRcNGXVG93_zGApwleS0ZLXx-auXhfcH/view?usp=sharing

Video of erig hit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VgBp_Lpa6OHJHxvQLDl6fHueYYYHJ5MN/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if theres any other information i can give you to try and figure this out and feel free to take this to PMs if you feel that its starting to clutter up your thread.

Enialis,
Reactions: 710Coils

WelshBrok

@Enialis ohhhh hadn’t realised you were doing cold starts/droptech. The 700 setting on the controller makes so much more sense.

I never really got the hang of droptech and just low temp dab instead as it’s much less hassle. I don’t think you’d want the Pearl in there for cold starts as instead of retaining more heat you’ve actually got a colder Pearl in there (coil hottest, banger second, insert third and Pearl coolest part). Other than that, if the hit is too wispy you probably just need to wait longer before hitting it.

makes sense why blowing air at the Pearl is causing more vapour as the pearls the coolest part (furthest from heat source and if it’s ruby, takes longer to get to temp than quartz) the oil is evaporating less around it and it’s shielding the puddle behind it instead of it bringing the heat to the puddle like in a traditional dab.

personally id just hit a dab instead of spending hundreds of $ going through different setups and concentrates when hot thing + dab works so well.

edit:

Actually you can see the difference in the videos. With the erig you can see vapour coming out before you hit it and with the banger you don’t. Just need to leave it longer

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Enialis I agree with @WelshBrok in that you should master the core setup before moving onto the cold start drop tech. I find I prefer a low temp dab directly on the bottom of the banger and I get solid vapor without the hot feeling on the back of my throat and cleanup is still super easy.

Once you know what your core temp is, you can then work from there to find the ideal temp for drop tech cold starts. The main issues you run into with what you are doing are:

1: Temps need to be high to allow a faster heat saturation
2: Higher temps mean you have less tie to get the ideal vapor production since the heat it saturating everything quickly
3: Ruby and sapphire take longer to completely saturate with heat when compared to quartz or SiC pearls

I have my Disorderly controller set to 380 and I blow clouds without any hot feeling on my throat and I am only using a banger, coil, cap, and a glass piece.

@Enialis shoot me a direct message with your order number and I will get a replacement cap sent out and send me any specific questions and I can work on getting you answers =)

Terp Slurpers are officially on the site along with the below

4mm sapphire pearls (4 pack)
6mm sapphire pearls (2 pack)
12mm ruby ball valve (For Slurpers)
6 x 15mm sapphire pillar
6 x 15mm ruby pillar

I am also expecting a large delivery later today of Glob Mob gear!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day =)

Shane

Enialis

@Enialis ohhhh hadn’t realised you were doing cold starts/droptech. The 700 setting on the controller makes so much more sense.

I never really got the hang of droptech and just low temp dab instead as it’s much less hassle. I don’t think you’d want the Pearl in there for cold starts as instead of retaining more heat you’ve actually got a colder Pearl in there (coil hottest, banger second, insert third and Pearl coolest part). Other than that, if the hit is too wispy you probably just need to wait longer before hitting it.

makes sense why blowing air at the Pearl is causing more vapour as the pearls the coolest part (furthest from heat source and if it’s ruby, takes longer to get to temp than quartz) the oil is evaporating less around it and it’s shielding the puddle behind it instead of it bringing the heat to the puddle like in a traditional dab.

personally id just hit a dab instead of spending hundreds of $ going through different setups and concentrates when hot thing + dab works so well.

edit:

Actually you can see the difference in the videos. With the erig you can see vapour coming out before you hit it and with the banger you don’t. Just need to leave it longer
@Enialis I agree with @WelshBrok in that you should master the core setup before moving onto the cold start drop tech. I find I prefer a low temp dab directly on the bottom of the banger and I get solid vapor without the hot feeling on the back of my throat and cleanup is still super easy.

Once you know what your core temp is, you can then work from there to find the ideal temp for drop tech cold starts. The main issues you run into with what you are doing are:

1: Temps need to be high to allow a faster heat saturation
2: Higher temps mean you have less tie to get the ideal vapor production since the heat it saturating everything quickly
3: Ruby and sapphire take longer to completely saturate with heat when compared to quartz or SiC pearls

I have my Disorderly controller set to 380 and I blow clouds without any hot feeling on my throat and I am only using a banger, coil, cap, and a glass piece.

@Enialis shoot me a direct message with your order number and I will get a replacement cap sent out and send me any specific questions and I can work on getting you answers =)

Terp Slurpers are officially on the site along with the below

4mm sapphire pearls (4 pack)
6mm sapphire pearls (2 pack)
12mm ruby ball valve (For Slurpers)
6 x 15mm sapphire pillar
6 x 15mm ruby pillar

I am also expecting a large delivery later today of Glob Mob gear!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day =)

Shane
Okay that seems to be the general consensus. I'm on my way to get more concentrate at the dispensary and will report back with some more videos.

Im hesitant to ditch the pearls because when i don't use them my dab separates into multiple puddles that won't vaporize evenly and then that extra wax goes to waste. I'll do some without it though for science. I also have quartz and sic pearls i can try.

I forget what else I was going to say, I was typing this in line at the dispensary but I'm sure I'll remember it in a minute. Something about the best ways to maximize vapor production but It was something specific.

@710Coils ill get that order number sent shortly. I was thinking about getting some extra pearls and inserts since I keep dropping and losing them with my shaky hands while they're hot but I may hold off until tomorrow when my auber and flowerpot get here.

I'm really hoping this was all just because of the cheap Chinese controller. I'll leave the settings stock at first like you suggested unless you have some specific settings you'd like to try walking me through

Last edited:

mixchu69

Looking at the 30mm ruby insert. How does it fit with the deep dish banger? Does taste really outshine quartz?

mixchu69,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@mixchu69 The deep dish just allows the insert to sit lower in the banger and so the ball cap does not sit right inside it as it can do on the standard size bangers. Other than that, its a total preference thing. Some prefer inserts over straight dabs and so you would want to ask yourself how you prefer to dab and do you want to add more steps to your current dab process =)

Hope everyone is having a great 420!!!!!!!

Shane

strech

My advice on inserts skip quartz and go straight to ruby, sapphire, or sic. I say that even though I haven't used an insert in days normally a daily thing. As Shane said it adds another step if your doing drop ins and what not. I usually drop my first hit in then just dab off the hot insert.

Fuck yeah 4/20.

710Coils

Manufacturer
Hybrid internal round bottom bangers and traditional completely round bottom bangers land next week =)

Hybrid bangers will be 3mm thick and come in 14/90 standard and deep dish 25mm and 30mm

Traditional round bottom will also be in standard and deep dish in 25mm and 30mm

I will also have the marbles in stock for the terp slurpers

Coils and controllers are inbound and all pending orders are just waiting on them to land so they can be completed and sent out

Hope everyone is having a great Friday

Shane

OyVape

Hybrid internal round bottom bangers and traditional completely round bottom bangers land next week =)

Hybrid bangers will be 3mm thick and come in 14/90 standard and deep dish 25mm and 30mm

Traditional round bottom will also be in standard and deep dish in 25mm and 30mm

I will also have the marbles in stock for the terp slurpers

Coils and controllers are inbound and all pending orders are just waiting on them to land so they can be completed and sent out

Hope everyone is having a great Friday
@710Coils, any idea how much $ will the hybrid 25’s be?

OyVape,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Awesome!
I know exactly what I am ordering!

1 hybrid
1 round bottom
jewelry tweezers
...and likely a smooth ruby 25 insert.

FlyingLow,

WelshBrok

I don’t know whether it’s because it’s faceted or the terp Pearl running around the wall as I haven’t got a smooth one to try but with a spinner cap if I pull hard enough the insert levitates while spinning around :lol:. Doesn’t really have any functional use though other than maybe getting the concentrate closer to the air in the deep dish banger as the spinner cap I have isn’t really deep enough

WelshBrok,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@WelshBrok Give it a try without the pearl and see if that helps at all. It also sounds like you might want to add 5 or 10 degrees to help milk up the dab more =)

710Coils,

mixchu69

Purchased a Ruby insert for my 30mm deep dish banger and am impressed. I’m 40 degrees lower on my enail, less puddle (might be because I’m using 2 terp pearls vs 1 when I used quartz insert), better taste. Very happy I grabbed one.

my only concern is the tolerance. When qtipping, I have to be extra careful because the insert bangs on the side. Quartz inserts had a much better fit. I don’t know the science behind thermal expansion, so could be the reason why there is such a gap on the sides (which makes it even more impressive that I’m 40 degrees lower)

710Coils

Manufacturer
@mixchu69 I am expecting more in a little over a week. China is on holiday till the end of this week =)

I just got part of my round bottom order and the other half is due tomorrow. I will get the new round bottom bangers added to my site and see how things go from there =)

Shane

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Purchased a Ruby insert for my 30mm deep dish banger and am impressed. I’m 40 degrees lower on my enail, less puddle (might be because I’m using 2 terp pearls vs 1 when I used quartz insert), better taste. Very happy I grabbed one.

my only concern is the tolerance. When qtipping, I have to be extra careful because the insert bangs on the side. Quartz inserts had a much better fit. I don’t know the science behind thermal expansion, so could be the reason why there is such a gap on the sides (which makes it even more impressive that I’m 40 degrees lower)
I just tried gem inserts and I like how they seem to give a faster and fuller vaporisation than the quartz. And the interval of temperature where you get a good dab seems bigger. So you can go lower, but you can also go quite high.
Quartz gives me pretty sharp flavours, which make me cough, and is easy to clean.
The gem inserts give me a rounder smoother flavour, but are more difficult to clean.
Ruby gives me a little more flavour maybe than sapphire, but sapphire seems smoother and makes me cough a little less even.
These are very small taste differences and I should try with a lot more of varied concentrates and various temperatures, to give a more educated opinion.
But these were my first impressions.

I now use my 25mm insert in the 30mm banger and it seems to work fine and it doesn't break anything while cleaning. The faceted one does even spin clockwise when I clean it with a q-tip counterclockwise :D

Edit: I forgot to add that Shane's customer support is outstanding.

Last edited:

710Coils

Manufacturer
@strech It depends on how well the 90 degree sells. If they pick up momentum. I will expand them to all angles and such =)

Finally got both Hybrid round bottom and round bottom bangers posted to the site and they seem to be doing well so far

Top Bottom