710 coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Enialis The quartz pi caps I sell do not spin the pearls, but give you an ideal dab as they help milk up the dab and do not let too much air into the mix. You would need to get a spinner cap if you wanted the pearls to spin =)

710Coils,

Enialis

@Enialis The quartz pi caps I sell do not spin the pearls, but give you an ideal dab as they help milk up the dab and do not let too much air into the mix. You would need to get a spinner cap if you wanted the pearls to spin =)
@710Coils Sorry, let me clarify, by spin I meant able to push it around with directed airflow from the nozzle on the pi cap. It looks like I might not be able to push pearls into the edges of the splash guard inserts due to the lip but I can't find any info to confirm one way or another, would you happen to know or be able to check?

Last edited:
Enialis,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Enialis the splash guard inserts will hold a pillar or 4mm to 6mm pearls and the ball cap will move them around. 😊

710Coils,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just piping in here to say I got phenomenal service from Shane ordering 30 mm bubble cap in wildberry purple ahead of it being listed on the site, he also found one last mood mat for me with the old design blue octopus so I am very excited for that as well!! @510MOD referred me as I was deciding on what colors to go with 30 mm double beveled bottomless banger from him (to pair up with my new Sai+ and quartz bucket heaters) so phenomenal service there too of course! Thanks again both!!!

Enialis

@710Coils are the Sapphire inserts available in non-faceted versions by chance?

I'm looking into getting a ruby or sapphire insert this week and wanted to just start with a normal one since it'll be new territory for me.

I like the ruby pearls I've tried so I know ill like the ruby insert, I think, but I've never seen sapphire pearls.

Can anyone comment on differences between the two? Especially these specific ones? I've read just about everything on the forum about gemstones but haven't seen much direct comparison of ruby and sapphire outside of its tasting slightly better.

Enialis,

Enialis

@710Coils so I've been having some issues with my enail and walking through everything with the members on this board. We thought my controller just wasn't good until I showed them this picture and then they said it was definitely part of the problem

Thats how big the gap is around the banger. I've been told to tighten it but part of the reason I bought from you was because I thought you were the vendor that fitted coils to bangers before sending them out so I wanted to check in on you with what I should do.

I'd rather not have a broken banger and bent coil like the last 3 times this has happened this year with other vendors so I'm kind of hesitant to do anything that could involve me breaking it following your instructions and having to replace it myself if there's an option to send it back and have you do it for me.

Anyone with advice asap would be amazing. I've already gone through so much extra money at the dispensary trying to get this working consistently that I could have purchased a name brand kit with a warranty several times over by now

Attachments

• 20210409_171358.jpg
    20210409_171358.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Enialis,

WelshBrok

@Enialis theres instructions here in the
FAQ

Still think it’ll be the controller if that’s been the common denominator in all the setups you’ve tried but worth a try tightening it. Hope you get it working 👍

WelshBrok,

Enialis

@Enialis theres instructions here in the
FAQ

Still think it’ll be the controller if that’s been the common denominator in all the setups you’ve tried but worth a try tightening it. Hope you get it working 👍

Yea its the controller for the most part but I went out and got a temp gun and noticed that the cold spots were at the gap so I figured I should ask since jcat said that was a pretty big gap.

That guide doesn't really give my much more to go on than the way that destroyed my last coil, and googling the topic either takes me to that page or reddit posts saying not to tighten an axial coil. Eventually for the first one someone walked me through tightening it with a hand vise and 20mm copper tubing but that was a barrel coil. Its now slanted by 20-30° and can't really even be reused at this point.

Does anyone have any advice like that or remember who i am thinking of that did this for people that I could get in touch with?
Not having to do this exact thing was the main reason I got a top shelf enail this time instead of all of the budget ones I tried before it and I can't afford to take a chance on destroying either the coil or the banger or I'll just be SOL for medicating until the fall.
Even after I got the last one finally tightened, I haven't been able to straighten it out in 2 years or loosen it without bending it even more out of shape and starting to undo the bottom wrap so now not only does it not fit but the shape cause it to crack the bangers its attached to.

Looking at the bottom of my coil I don't even see a way to get a pair of pliers on there without bending the last wrap out into a little tail.

Edit, I was able to get it a little tighter by hand, but any more and I would probably bend it sideways. How can I get the bottom snug? The guide says to grab the tip but that maybe sounds like its from the barrel coil days? I don't see a way to grab the tip without deforming it

Attachments

• 20210410_151250.jpg
    20210410_151250.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Enialis,

Enialis

Just want to say that shane gave me a call and walked me through everything and went above and beyond to solve my issues, even offering to help me fix my controller situation although I wasn't able to take him up on it ( i already have one on the way) it was much appreciated!

I can fully rule out any issues with the stuff I got from here, I'm still having some issues that are totally baffling to me but I think it's got to either be down to my glass, technique, or both. If anyone feels like helping me figure out why no matter what I do or how hard I pull I cant get the pearls to move consistently enough to get even vaporization.

When they dont move, my concentrate sits there and boils off and condensates all over the bucket and down the neck and when they do move i get sudden bursts of vapor bigger than i can handle. i have a stereo matrix clone and a basic beaker with just a multi hole diffuser and neither are able to lower the pressure enough in the banger to move the pearls and give me the vapor i want. i dont get any better results in a cap similar but slightly different than the pi, but it has a shorter and wider spout that can help vaporize the last bit of concentrate if that helps narrow it down. They both have pretty free airflow, especially the pi, which makes me wonder if theres to much airflow given how much concentrate is getting sucked down the neck. But these may be problems for a different thread.

Enialis,

strech

Ditch the pearl and get your tech down. The pi cap doesn't spin pearls more like pushes it around. If you want it to spin you need a spinner cap.

strech,

Enialis

Ditch the pearl and get your tech down. The pi cap doesn't spin pearls more like pushes it around. If you want it to spin you need a spinner cap.
Sorry this is the second time I've said spin when I just mean move. I mean they don't move at all, nor is any vapor being produced while inhaling unless I can get them to move.

I've never had this issue before. I've never had a problem dabbing before or even this problem on the enail setups that I've used before. I don't have this problem in my torch banger that I currently have but I also can't use my pi cap in that banger because the tip is to long and it's not a deep dish banger, and I can't use that working cap in the deep dish because it's not long enough which are the only variables.

The things that stand out are that the pi cap hasa very narrow air stream that doesn't go very far down into the dish and it doesn't seem like any air is getting past the neck of the banger down into the bottom. The tip of the pi cap is about even with the air hole in the banger, it doesn't go down into the concentrate area or insert like my other setup does.

And that no matter how hard Inhale it doesn't have much effect on vapor production good or bad because there is almost no air restriction even with the cap on.
On all of my other bubble caps that fit but have nozzles that are to short to work in the deep dish banger doing that will create such a strong vacuum that I can lift the insert up into the air, which is something I've always been able to do on my other setups as well if I tried that I can't on this one.

If I didn't have as much experience as I did with dabbing the exact same way with just a shorter banger and different carb cap I wouldn't be this confused unless their was some enail specific thing but in all the asking around I've done that doesn't appear to be the case.

Enialis,

WelshBrok

So just to sum up you have the exact same setup as me but with a different controller set to 700degrees and the problems you are having:
- concentrate is splashing up the sides and most of the dab is ending up in the neck of the banger
- can’t move the pearls
- only produces vapour when the pearls move
- produces too much vapour when the pearls move and none when they don’t
- the bubble cap won’t work in a normal banger cos it’s too long (even though the bubble caps aren’t specific to the deep dish bangers and should work with any 25mm)
- normal length bubble caps (which the pi already is) don’t work in your deep dish as they don’t go down far enough

Absolutely baffled. It sounds like somehow the coil is only heating the pearls which isn’t possible. Wish I could help more but when I got my setup I gave it a quick clean, attached coil, turned on controller at 500, waited 6 minutes after the controller showed it was at temp and hit a dab. Since then I’ve just reduced the temp for better flavour

Last edited:

Enialis

So just to sum up you have the exact same setup as me but with a different controller set to 700degrees and the problems you are having:
- concentrate is splashing up the sides and most of the dab is ending up in the neck of the banger
- can’t move the pearls
- only produces vapour when the pearls move
- produces too much vapour when the pearls move and none when they don’t
- the bubble cap won’t work in a normal banger cos it’s too long (even though the bubble caps aren’t specific to the deep dish bangers and should work with any 25mm)
- normal length bubble caBX xxxxx X ps (which the pi already is) don’t work in your deep dish as they don’t go down far enough

Absolutely baffled. It sounds like somehow the coil is only heating the pearls which isn’t possible. Wiscdh I could help more but when I got my setup I gave it a quick clean, attached coil, turned on controller at 500, waited 6 minutes after the controller showed it was at temp and hit a dab. Since then I’ve just reduced the temp for better flavour

You summed up my problems exactly, I was starting to worry my rambling wasn't making sense to anyone but you said it all much better than I could. Right now I'm doing cold start/uptemps and drop tek with quartz inserts at 700 on the controller which reads roughly 530 on my temp gun give or take 20 degrees.

Here are some pictures of the caps im talking about showing how some are to long for the standard banger and when my coil and deep dish are done cooling down ill get those too

20210412_132628.jpg20210412_131527.jpg

20210412_132338.jpg

20210412_132429.jpg20210412_132742.jpg

This is the standard banger I bought for drop tek a few years ago, also from 710coils in case things have changed since then. As you can see the pi cap is to long to use with or without the insert or the tip physically touches and moves the 6mm pearl instead of hitting it with air.
The second cap is slightly short with wider airflow so it seems to work better, but still nearly touchs the 6mm pearl and concentrate. With a 4 or 5 mm pearl or the clear round bottom insert that came with it works as desired.

The third cap doesn't work without the insert. It works with it.

Edit: well, apparently nothing about this is going to go right for me. My quartz pi cap rolled into the other bubble cap and the top broke off. F my life. Hopefully there's enough left to use for the rest of the pictures and to have a way to even medicate at all even if it wasn't working for me.

Attachments

• 20210412_131527.jpg
    20210412_131527.jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 6
Enialis,

Enialis

Forgive me forums. But putting this all in one post i think would cause more eyebleeding than editing the last post into a 2 page wall of text.

Well, I broke the top off of my pi cap, pretty upset that a $30 quartz cap can break by tapping into a boro cap with only the force of its own wait rolling it.

I'll attach the pictures but idk how much help any of this is now since I'm going to have to go out and buy a new cap now and it looks like the pi caps are all out of stock even if I could rule out the cap as an issue. I really wanted to find out what the problem was testing the stuff I had so I could make sure the pipe and cap I buy next are perfect and the last ones until I break them.

20210412_142837.jpg20210412_142934.jpg

20210412_142808.jpg20210412_142915.jpg

20210412_142821.jpg20210412_142858.jpg

None of them reliabley move the pearls and produce vapor in the deep dish but also don't work great in the standard.

The only reliable car cap I have is the one that is on my core/hyperion erig.

20210412_144428.jpg

This moves the pearls and produces vapor more vapor in all configurations but none of them get me medicated AT ALL. Unless I get really lucky and use the rubber pipe while rotate my hips like I'm wearing a hula hoop to spin the pearl andaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!a+ load .1-.2 none of the vapor produced medicates me. This is all at 700° set temp, 635° on the heat with a quartz insert and 650° eithout
To contrast that I usually only put 0.025g into my erig for 2 or 3 uptemp dabs that still bust my lungs on about 200°-300° cooler surface according to my temp gun.
I haven't measured the temps i use for torching because I only do it when the powers put and my battery is dead in my erig due to how wasteful it is. I did one dab just now to check and got the banger to 700° and waited until the insert was 550° to put the dab in and it performed exactly like the enail is which is more or less what I expected.
The whole reason I was switching to an enail was because after spending the past few years with temp controlled 510 atomizers with sic buckets run through bubbler attachments or water pipe adapters like the bottomless buckets (sai/Sequoia/dtv4/m22) the flavor and cost saving of ditching the torch and going electric has been INSANE to the point of never wanting to go back to a torch and wanting to switch to a desktop enail since I can't get coils for my 510 atomizers at the moment from the mail ban.

I know enails can be that good with a high end setup, and I'm replacing my controller with an auber and then the jcat nail soon so that I can actually do low temp dabs off gemstone instead of drop tek/cold start with quartz and sic.
I've tasted them before and the 30mm one i had recently thats banger broke and I just got a refund for instead of replacing tasted perfect and had no problem milking up with the large bubble in the pictures and I was using it the same way with the same sized dabs all from the dispensary.

Anyone have any ideas? I guess I need to go look for a cap in person because I don't have the money to go back and buy herb from the dispensary after buying so much concentrate but I can't keep wasting money on parts for my setup hoping they'll work when I'm paying $60 a gram which was lasting me 4 days in my 510 atomizers and erigs with perfect effect and now lasts me only 1 day and doesn't give me any effects no matter how much I use.

Enialis,

Enialis

Taking this discussion to another thread since the topic has little to do with 710coils at this point assuming i didn't get a weird pi cap. I'll leave the links below.

@710Coils would you mind taking a look at those pictures just for my sanity to confirm that the pi cap was normal now that I have to replace because the top cracked off?

The one thing that stands out that the pictures don't really show is that it did t restrict the airflow at all when capping. Like not all at at all, the cap that works so well on my erig and spins the pearls in this setup has a noticeable airflow restriction. Its not anything crazy like sucking through a straw but you can actually tell whether the caps on or off by the restriction on the airflow and the tighter seal it has overall.

Enialis,

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Enialis The Quartz Pi ball caps are sometimes a little thin between the top flared out portions and I can replace it if you like =)

As for the cap and banger configurations, are you torching or heating with a coil and what type of glass piece are you using. If you are torching and also using an airy piece. You will have to add more heat to try and balance things out. As for the pearls and inserts. I would wait until you dial in the temps for doing a good vapor producing dab and then once that has been found. Add in the pearls and inserts as you will have a valid baseline to work from. If you are trying to spin the pearls, you will need a special cap that spins the pearls =)

Can you send me a pic of your setup?

Let me know if I missed anything and please message me directly if you would like me to replace your cap

As for everyone else. Slurpers dropped today and I am working on adding them to the site =)

Shane

Top Bottom