710 coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@flickyourbic One thing I do when I feel I am dabbing more than normal. Turn the temp up 10 degrees and see how crushed you get =P
For the inserts I would go with slit or splash guard and for the splash guard, you just need to make sure you do not overload it so the dab does not escape over the top when hitting it. Slit is better over non slit purely due to it being taller and easier to grab due to the slit =)

Got some stuff coming soon......

Sapphire inserts, pearls, and pills
Ruby pills and I will also add some larger ruby pearls for use with Terp slurpers and such
Terp slurpers with fully worked welds in 10/90 and 14/90
Marble kits for terp slurpers
New 4 prong Jewelry tweezers in blue and will add more colors as they come available
Clear Round bottom bangers in 10/90 and 14/90
Hybrid bangers with round inside and traditional sides in 14/90

Also all coils are now back to the original manufacturer and this means there are 3 color options for coils again =)

Black, Blue, and Red

That's all I got for now and will post pics as things start rolling in over the next month

Shane

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

@flickyourbic
Which type of rosin, flower or hash? And whats your preferred temps ? :-)
I had the same problem as you for a long time with around 1 gram/day on my enail lol. I just took a break and started paying more attention to dosage size, and weigh out the amount your gonna smoke each day in the beginning of the day.

My dab size is 0.03, or 0.05 if i want a big one, 0.3 grams of rosin gives me 6-8 dabs thru out the day.
This is for flower rosin, when i have hash-rosin i feel it lasts slightly longer, can get the same effect from a smaller dab compared to flower.

If you enjoy the ease of use, then dont get a insert. It will just add another step to the process, and imo not worth it all.
I recently purchased one of those super expensive ones at 290$ and it dosnt even taste as good as quartz, and cleaning it is a straight up joke.

flickyourbic

@flickyourbic
Which type of rosin, flower or hash? And whats your preferred temps ? :-)
I had the same problem as you for a long time with around 1 gram/day on my enail lol. I just took a break and started paying more attention to dosage size, and weigh out the amount your gonna smoke each day in the beginning of the day.

My dab size is 0.03, or 0.05 if i want a big one, 0.3 grams of rosin gives me 6-8 dabs thru out the day.
This is for flower rosin, when i have hash-rosin i feel it lasts slightly longer, can get the same effect from a smaller dab compared to flower.

If you enjoy the ease of use, then dont get a insert. It will just add another step to the process, and imo not worth it all.
I recently purchased one of those super expensive ones at 290$ and it dosnt even taste as good as quartz, and cleaning it is a straight up joke.

All flower rosin. I like the yields and usually if I press within a week of harvesting I'm very happy with the quality. I try to dry for about 4-5 days then press once humidity stabilizes around 60-70% then try to let it cold cure but I usually end up dipping into the jar. I've tried making hash rosin from my trim and it's been pretty mixed results. I want to get more into hash and live rosin for sure, but I'm honestly not going to bother until I can afford a freeze dryer.

I mainly want an insert to keep the banger cleaner. I've also heard it's more convenient for cold start dabs. I've never really done those but would be cool to try I guess. I dunno, might order a pair and see for myself. Also want to grab some pearls because that's another thing I've never really done with my dab experience is spin terp pearls.

Right now I'm dabbing around 420-440. Surface temp seems to be ~100 degrees hotter according to my IR thermometer. I'm sure if I bumped it up closer to 500 with a surface temp it'd go a little further at the expense of not being as smooth. When I torch dabbed, I always shot for around 580-620.

flickyourbic,
Reactions: 710Coils

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I only drop various inserts anywhere from 420-500 now and love it. Yeah (obviously), at some point there's an extra step, but I find if I pay attention, overall, the cleanup is better, quicker and easier using them... (after all, the dab surface isn't tethered to a coil with coil clips)

Pearls, for me are important, particularly early on as they tend to quell any spatter (waste) the terps and other low temp stuff (?) create as they begin to boil off... as well the extra surface area, heat retention etc....

Edit: I've been using the same banger for over a week without removing the coil and the banger still looks great...

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

@flickyourbic
Dont let not having a freeze drier hold you back, dial in your dry tech and you can def make some 6 star without one. Issue is the yield tho, and as you mention flower rosin can be really awsome aswell ;)

@Bologna
I did not consider that perspective, so you remove the insert quickly after the dab to avoid the residue burning itself stuck in the quartz bucket, this happens because the temp is constantly the same right?

My approach to that has always been q-tipping really fast after the rip, like riiiight after i exhale i gotta have that q-tip ready and it will clean perfectly, but if i put the rig down and forget about it for even 10-20 sec there will be so much stuff burnt on there.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@Bologna
I did not consider that perspective, so you remove the insert quickly after the dab to avoid the residue burning itself stuck in the quartz bucket, this happens because the temp is constantly the same right?

My approach to that has always been q-tipping really fast after the rip, like riiiight after i exhale i gotta have that q-tip ready and it will clean perfectly, but if i put the rig and forget about for even 10-20 sec it there will be so much stuff burnt on there.
Yep, exactly... even if I do put too much wax in and have to pull it a couple if times to recover, after there's no more vapor to be had (and even using a better than good @710Coils ball cap to finish it off, I then use the jewelry tweezers Shane was nice enough to include with an order after a few mishaps) I place the hot insert into a cheap, rather high-walled glass tea candle holder and squirt a little 99 iso in there (whilst covered w/a napkin if hot and spattering)... then quickly swab the banger, swab the insert, rinse and repeat until satisfied (which can sometimes be all day... with everything at temp, pretty much fresh and ready to go.)

EDIT: Or you can just get a bunch of inserts/pearls and simply toss/rotate them in a SG/DC bath and deal with 'em all later.... the options are almost limitless with inserts, imo....

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I like the multiple inserts in a rotation. Them 1oz plastic shot glasses with lids make awesome bathtub for inserts.
With comparatively cheap quartz inserts, I agree, but maybe not so much with $290 ones... :ugh:

Although I am considering getting another $30 SiC one... :hmm:

strech

With comparatively cheap quartz inserts, I agree, but maybe not so much with $290 ones... :ugh:

Although I am considering getting another $30 SiC one... :hmm:
My sic and sapphire inserts work well and cost much less the $290.

I've never tried a quartz insert. Figured if I was already dabbing of a quartz banger might as well try some other surfaces. Very pleased with my sic and sapphire.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
My sic and sapphire inserts work well and cost much less the $290.

I've never tried a quartz insert. Figured if I was already dabbing of a quartz banger might as well try some other surfaces. Very pleased with my sic and sapphire.
Sorry, that figure was meant more in response to @MegaMan2k (here)...

And I agree and welcome almost any and all options I can afford across the entire vaping spectrum...!

How much are those inserts running you, if you don't mind me asking...? (feel free to PM if uncomfortable in public, or not at all, no worries)

Last edited:

zamboni

@710Coils I was thinking about upgrading to deep dish soon. But i just saw your comment from Tuesday that says you're going to release some new round and hyrbid bangers soon. Are they going to be deep as well? I'm wondering what would be a better upgrade.

strech

Sorry, that figure was meant more in response to @MegaMan2k (here)...

And I agree and welcome almost any and all options I can afford across the entire vaping spectrum...!

How much are those inserts running you, if you don't mind me asking...? (feel free to PM if uncomfortable in public, or not at all, no worries)
I don't remember how much but definitely sub $100 each. I want to say all 4 cost maybe $300.

mixchu69

@710Coils , I am still using the liger with quartz and sic inserts but want to upgrade to one of your setups. i dab hash rosin, medium size dabs. Thinking about getting the 25mm dish and coil (non deep dish). It looks like a lot of coils are sold out.

Any recommendations and when u expect coils to be in stock? Thanks

Last edited:

WelshBrok

Just wanted to emphasize the great customer service from @710Coils . You have a lifelong customer
+100000 for this

52D3E06F-7F41-45D3-A876-13C5C0DFED78.jpeg
since getting the 25mm deep dish (and a rosin press :lol:) I’ve switched over to 100% dabbing and all my flower vapes are slowly being packed away before they gather too much dust

Now I’m just waiting for the sapphire inserts to drop (and probably get an opaque banger at the same time) and also on the lookout for one of those reclaim catchers but with a female connection to the banger (they all seem to be male for some reason)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
+100000 for this
Agreed.

on the lookout for one of those reclaim catchers but with a female connection to the banger (they all seem to be male for some reason)
Pretty sure you can get any kind from this dude...:

I was looking at 'em awhile ago but never ended up bothering....

Guess I didn't really need one like I thought I did... ha.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Whoopee. My 220v 30mm coil and clear banger arrived. Much faster than I thought. Thank you Shane!
I quickly paired it with my mini rig and everything is just perfect and doesn't stumble over.
As controller I use the dabpress enail controller and it seems to work fine and after an autotune even better. I will run some tests later on to know with how much wattage the controller runs the coil.

This is somehow on another level. I thought I knew dabbing since using that dp enail, but not!:lol:

mmmmh love them sour patches

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Those faceted inserts are looking phresh possibly to deth as the cool kids would say :freak: and a solid price too! Really looking forward to snagging one up if they show up in 30mm.

710Coils

Manufacturer
I am working on the 30mm sapphire and ruby faceted inserts =)

Next week a bunch of new stuff will be up on the site., including terp slurpers and the pills and marbles that are used with them

Bangers landed yesterday and controllers are due beginning of next week.

The 25mm faceted sapphire and ruby inserts are live on the site =)

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Shane

Top Bottom