Your desert island vaporizer - if you had to pick only one...

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
For me, I'd have to say, easily, it's the Purple Days. It's the one I keep coming back to and I've taken the scenic route.
I'd miss the collection but only peripherally, loss of the PD would be a wound in my heart, my mind could be tricked but the heart would be saddened; it would be a profound loss.

jeffp,

Egzoset

Banned
On a desert island there would be no human civilisation and hence no vaporizer-compatible power source except the sun so i guess i'd want to have one of these sunlight-powered vaporizers:

vil6c5.jpg

Most evidently...

;)

Egzoset,
Reactions: Seren

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I would follow Egzosets logic, being practical and realistic and not quite totally entering the fantasy. I suppose that you could include some kind of solar charger for the PD- being a desert island there would stereotypically be lots of sun (as well as some coconut palms) and you could keep a PD going.... but there would surely be stormy days where neither this nor egzo's solar vaping would suffice.

On these days I'd kick back, laughing with my Pocket Element Manual Handheld Vape.

product719big.jpg

No idea if it works though.

I suppose that you could also work a VG, A8 (Alivi8- I've just coined the acronym) or Vaporstar with a burning brand, although I think it might be a bit smokey in a natural setting.... I could make some kind of hemp wick substitute maybe from coconut oil and fibres, but again perhaps smokey.

But, if it's a desert island that just happens to have mains electricity, or a never ending generator, then I think I'd probably want my SSV the most. That's assuming that the island has enough suitable ganja growing habitat to make quantity of herb consumption a non issue

If I had to make my finite amount of herb stretch, maybe a barrel of buds washes up on the beach, then mine would be the pd too.

I've thought about it too much :p

WatTyler,
WatTyler said:
I
I suppose that you could also work a VG, A8 (Alivi8- I've just coined the acronym) or Vaporstar with a burning brand, although I think it might be a bit smokey in a natural setting.... I could make some kind of hemp wick substitute maybe from coconut oil and fibres, but again perhaps smokey.

But, if it's a desert island that just happens to have mains electricity, or a never ending generator, then I think I'd probably want my SSV the most. That's assuming that the island has enough suitable ganja growing habitat to make quantity of herb consumption a non issue

If I had to make my finite amount of herb stretch, maybe a barrel of buds washes up on the beach, then mine would be the pd too.

I've thought about it too much :p

Hahaha I have always thought about using hempwick with one of those. Isn't that technically combusting because you are inhaling the burnt material of the wick?

biojuggernaut,

SD_haze

Assuming the plane that crashed on the island had a crate of butane refills i'd happily supreme the rest of my life.

it really does feel like the ultimate no electricity/battery needed vaporizer

SD_haze,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Do you reckon you could you kind of balance the heater block in some hot embers from a fire, if you were careful?

WatTyler,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm assuming there's power/batteries/butane because otherwise Egzoset has the only real choices. For me, MFLB without a doubt.

pakalolo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
No Pakololo, now I'm thinking now that man can easily make a big fire. Which gives many more options...Into the embers of that we can stick the Vapocane (if we can fashion some tongs to take it out) or the Vapbong. Maybe an Ubie too? (although I've not tried these?). And a lightbulb style too could work in that way.

WatTyler,

VaporEyeSore

WatTyler said:
Do you reckon you could you kind of balance the heater block in some hot embers from a fire, if you were careful?
yes. Get some little charcoal furnace going. Pop the metal end in and shield the wood somehow and start blowing should get to optimum temp quite quickly :lol:

VaporEyeSore,

djonkoman

if power etc is no problem, pd definatly
if conditions play a role, VG
then again, I only have a vg and pd and don't know any other vaporists(except here), so haven't tried any others

djonkoman,

Egzoset

Banned
Ha! Ha! I like your comment WatTyler: a big enough solar panel coupled to a combination of battery charger + power inverter would support any electric vaporizer and since i've already got one which i find suitable then i'd just use my HerbalAire, of course! Though i might want to try the Oracle too if one of my neighbours on an island nearby would agree to participate to my vaporizer exchange party, e.g. some sort of a Tupperware-like vaporist gathering where everyone lost on a desert island such as mine is cheerfully invited, by the way!!! Well i hope there's also place for pure alcohol in that scenario of yours 'cause we'll sure need to clean up & reclaim at some point!...

15.gif

Helo BioJuggerNaut, my appologies as it seems i've selected the wrong picture. This one below clearly shows that the BC Vaporizer is NO solar device at all:

We can see why exactly by looking right there, at the bottom!

:D

This leaves only the Solarizer as a valid option in my own scenario:

solarisersilvers8cc.jpg

Back to square #1!

:cool:

Egzoset,
I'm sure WE of all people could compose some BS way of heating the supreme. How dank would that be?! :cool:

^^ has anyone ever used that solarizer? It looks. . . shady. But solar activation looks like the shit though!

biojuggernaut,

torggzorz

All your Vape are belong to us
Definitely would take my Hercules SR-71, but I suspect getting room stable waxes on a desert island might be......tricky to say the least lol. No ice for ice/cold water extraction, no CO2, no butane.... noooooo! But I would need batteries and/or two prong outlet so, I'm going to assume there is ample wax on this desert island. This place sounds more like a paradise all the time lol.

I used to use this "solar pipe" a bunch back in the day when I combusted, it was janky and was very hard to get going so we always ended up using a lighter on it haha. It's difficult to get the focus just right cause you have to make sure you're aimed directly at the sun etc. Though I'm sure theoretically on a sunny day it would get right up to the correct temp if done right.

torggzorz,

crawdad

floatin
ive used mflb, iolite, volcano, solo, pd, ion, crafty, dr dabber, and few i barely remember what they look like so no further comment however my very first vape purchase is still my favorite, glass vg sherlock...its been to an island and beyond already and would not hesitate to take back with no return. i can make fire so no issues there, have also removed the heat diffuser and been able to sustain a vapor with proper flame, slow and steady. :peace:

crawdad,
Top Bottom