Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Oh by the way deepfried I waited two weeks for my pd 8 months ago. So you really need to get your facts straight before you say anything. I hate when people give put false info just because they think they know. Allready straightened out but I hate when people try to call me out when they don't know what they're talking about.

And I'm sorry if I seemed like a douche before. I really have no problem with you making these. I just hate when people bash on shit they don't know. I still wanna see one of your finished products. I wanna see how your wood shaping is and the woods you offer. I've always wanted a walnut pd but haven't been able to get my grimey hands on one

minnesnowta,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
Beezleb said:
I cannot fault a person for bringing a product to market, especially one they are manufacturing and selling.
Neither can I. It's HOW he's bringing a product to market that I take issue with, that is:
Using the pic of the competitors product as your main pic to promote your own. A total falsehood.
Stating that these were made just for friends and that all he was doing was selling overstock, which is obviously not the case. A total falsehood.
Stating that his site was just a joke, when obviously, that is not the case either. A total falsehood.
and then not taking the necessary steps to differentiate his product so that it can stand on it's own merits.

And then to add insult to injury, he blames others for forcing him to go commercial. LOL !!!!

So yeah, I agree that I too cannot fault a person in bringing a product to market. But I can fault him on HOW he brought his product to market.
I for one hope that when this thread is closed it is left up and not deleted. People can search, and read the story of this "new" vape from it's beginning and make up their own minds if they want to support actions like this with their money. I know myself and friends are more interested in supporting small businesses with a spine even if there is a wait time. I'd rather wait 8-12 weeks for something special, than 4 days for a blatant knock-off by a (likely from the read of it) not very upstanding opportunist. :2c:
For me, I put my money where my heart is.

indigal,

Beezleb

Oh come on, I bet you would be horrified to learn who and under what conditions most of the things you own and use were made and whatnot.

People acting all high and mighty is a joke. Remember, he didnt come here and he did not technically release a product as of yet.

Looks more like the early stages of a guy making a product ready for release and people who scan the internets for such things came across it and crap snow balled. I wouldnt look too much more into than until otherwise known.

I do agree that the thread is telling about the posters and that blade cuts both ways. So far, we have yet to see a product. How pathetic is it to form an opinion on it before seeing it? Life is not fair and if it is a good product it will sell. I see a few people who happen to be mostly some over protective fans of the pd are classifying this person in way that seems premature.

All this guy did was legally manufacture a similar vape. If Tom or anyone else has a problem with that, then create a product that is copyright protected in your name, otherwise not real prizes for ingenuity and whatnot, understand I am not talking down to the products just speaking generically to the point. Their is no immorality with him creating a similar vape and I would say similar as if it is true regarding the changes he stated he made than it is wholly not factual and misleading to state his product is a knock off the PD when it is just another similar prototype of the basic vape design in question.

As far as we know, this product does not exist. I personally think it would be funny if it didnt but if it does we have yet to see it. The site is not complete so we do not even have basic information about it that we can bank on. This thing may be crap, or it may be better or it may be ok, or work really good early on but have longevity issues. We simply do not know but to form an opinion based on gossip and opinions based on gossip from this site, than that just illustrations a person in what I would call a negative light. I understand people wanting to be protective but this is not a drama website though at times you would think it a soap opera.

We are based on facts and form our opinions and views based on real information. Sure we interpret that information every way possible at least we work from real information.

Once we have something real, let us know, otherwise this is just some sissy stuff in my opinion created for the sole purpose to run down a potential competitor before he gets on his feet. That's all fair in business too. Grant it though, that was sketchy with the pic but I dont see that as something to get overly excited about. All this and you dont even know if the product is real. Too funny.

Beezleb,

vape4health

I have big hands :D

2 1/2" wide and 4 1/4" tall , weight is 10 oz without the cord .

Edit : And I have never seen a PD so Im not sure how close it is.

vape4health,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Beezleb said:
Oh come on, I bet you would be horrified to learn who and under what conditions most of the things you own and use were made and whatnot.

People acting all high and mighty is a joke. Remember, he didnt come here and he did not technically release a product as of yet.

Looks more like the early stages of a guy making a product ready for release and people who scan the internets for such things came across it and crap snow balled. I wouldnt look too much more into than until otherwise known.

I do agree that the thread is telling about the posters and that blade cuts both ways. So far, we have yet to see a product. How pathetic is it to form an opinion on it before seeing it? Life is not fair and if it is a good product it will sell. I see a few people who happen to mostly some over protective fans of the pd are classifying this person in way that seems premature. All this guy did was legally manufacture a similar vape. If Tom or anyone else has a problem with that, then create a product that is copyright protected. Their is no immorality with him creating a similar vape and I say similar as if it is true regarding the changes he stated he made than it is wholly not factual and misleading to state it is a knock off.

As far as we know, this product does not exist. I personally think it would be funny if it didnt but if it does we have yet to see it. The site is not complete so we do not even have basic information about it that we can bank on. This thing may be crap, or it may be better or it may be ok, or work really good early on but have longevity issues. We simply do not know but to form an opinion based on gossip and opinions based on gossip from this site, than that just illustrations a person in what I would call a negative light. I understand people wanting to protective but this is not a drama website though at times you would think it a soap opera.

We are based on facts and form our opinions and views based on real information. Sure we interpret that information every way possible at least we work from real information.

Once we have something real, let us know, otherwise this is just some sissy stuff in my opinion created for the sole purpose to run down a potential competitor before he gets on his feet. That's all fair in business too. Grant it though, that was sketchy with the pic but I dont see that as something to get overly excited about. All this and you dont even know if the product is real. Too funny.
My objections are based only on the back-and-forth of what he himself has posted, and what others have found and posted up in response in the dialog. Personally my gut feeling is that he dropped the ball by talking up the "only for sick cancer patients that don't have long to live" then onto the website featuring another maker's product as his own, hence the "knock-off" label that may end up sticking as first impressions tend to do. Again, it's nothing against the product, it's against the method of product introduction by the maker. I'm not being protective, but frankly the website, pic, and the "you made me go commercial" bs is just not cool in this cottage industry. Yes, legal, no- ethical IMO. And, he is taking orders, and selling- so in my eyes- the product has been launched. To each their own, just my :2c:.

indigal,

lwien

Yup. While I do take issue with what he brought to market, the bigger issue is HOW he brought it to market.

I would think that one of the reasons for this sites existence is to educate people in a potential vaporizer purchase (which, btw Beeze, you have been an outstanding contributor), and in keeping with that purpose, I see nothing wrong in letting those who are thinking about purchasing a vape, to consider very strongly the honesty and integrity of it's maker, and from everything that I have read in this thread, that honesty and integrity is in question.

People should be aware of this issue before deciding to make a purchase. If they then want to purchase it anyway, that's their call, but at least, they have been informed of this vape manufacturers questionable business ethics so in that light, I think this thread is serving a purpose.

Cat in my avy is havin' too much fun, so I think I'll join him (searching for headphones). Laters.............

lwien,

Beezleb

Outside of the whole picture fiasco he is starting pretty much the same as Tom did. Started out making some for friends and whatnot and it snow balled.

Perhaps I missed something in the dialog but I do not recall him being disrespectful for starting anything but I could have missed something.

Considering no one knew of the product before Tom posted it, I do give some merit to his claim of getting interest in the short term. Especially when Tom himself illustrated and shown the way for people to potentially obtain a similar vape without the wait. In the end, it may of been far wiser to simply to not say anything until more was known. It very well is possible the boost in recent interest did affect his decision but who knows. Even if your view is accept so what?

He gains nothing by it so it does not make any sense that he is lying as he gains nothing. The only way the false pic helps him is if he needs the illustration to mask a lower quality version, if this is the case than it would be seen as a low quality vaporizer and of course their would be justification to take issue with the PD pic.

If you was to accept all the negative things said, it still does not help him even if could get away with it as it would only be scam and that would not last. So if he has indeed a quality product than either this is completely blown up or he is the stupidest businessman to come around in some time.

So that is most of my reasoning for saying give the vape a chance to be known before getting excited. I think its more than fair to say Tom is a highly respected vape manufacture and no one wants to see him lose business and I do not believe it will effect Tom truly as Tom cannot handle what he has and once he gets caught up the demand will remain. Keep in mind, it is not uncommon to see other buy other vapes citing the wait list.

Tom creates a very high quality product. He will always be in demand and their is likely more than enough demand for another option. I doubt between the PD, MZ and whatever this can guy can put on the market the total would represent a pittance compared to each company like Vapor Bros, 7th Floor, Extreme, Herbalaire's and dare I say it many a chinese knock off vape which pump out in sales in far greater numbers in the same time frame. So much in fighting over such a small piece of the vapor market that is not properly meeting demand. For those who can do it and are willing to work their butts off for little overhead, its almost like free money but I doubt its much.

Beezleb,

bcleez

I hope some of the high and mighty who cry about HOW he took it to market or WHAT the story behind how it came to market aren't Hypocrites!

Please tell me that you don't live in the usa, do not use any fossil fuel products, do not own diamonds or precious metals, don't eat meat..... because you would be VERY VERY UPSET on the story behind how these products and many more were brought to market.

Oh yeah, I also hope you are not running any microsoft products...which is pretty much the same as this...

bcleez,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Outside of the whole picture fiasco he is starting pretty much the same as Tom did.
It's much more than just the fake pic, Beeze. Ya may want to reread some of the stuff here. That fake pic was just part of the thing that put his integrity in question. But when you put that fake pic in with the other crap he said, it just doesn't paint a picture of someone that I and many others here would want to do business with.

Again, if someone want's a PD style vape but doesn't want to wait, the Zap is an option. Why purchase a knock off vape from someone that has these kinds of questionable issues? Tom sure as hell doesn't have these issues, and neither does Rick.

lwien,

Beezleb

Iwien,

I agree people should understand how a product came to market if they want to know but I do not believe its factual to say what this guy did is something nefarious, what did he do, exactly? I would like to see someone actually state what their issue is without using generic terminology that tends to indicate some type of guilt as a matter of fact. It is misleading to state in such a manner without justification.

I see him being accused of things. I see he came and explained himself, I am with you on some of the sketchy details but honestly so what? I am not making excuses I just cannot see where it makes any sense if he is legit. It only makes sense if he is scamming people to buy something that it is not which does not appear to be the case.

So what exactly did he do besides make a product in the same class as the PD?

Here is what I got:
He used a pic of the PD, Boo! /slap on wrist.
He gave some out to sick people and friends. Some people dont believe that, so what?

What I do know:
*Tom, manufacturer of the PD brought it here, not him.

*He pulled his site, which was not completed, I did look at it myself when it was up. I understand he is going to put the site up closer to when he is going to officially launch. We shall see.

*That a few people have claimed to order and one has received one. We look forward to a review. The size seems pretty small, reminds me of the eterra/moxie size.

*We genuinely know next to nothing on this vaporizer at this time.

Is their something else I am missing?

I am not genuinely discussing this for his sakes or whatnot but FC.com's sake. We have a following because people trust in our advice and view points. I get on average 20 to 50 emails a week from this forum and a few others from people asking for advice or questions and that is not because people like to talk to me, its because I give as fair an opinion as I can no matter if its a popular thing or not.

Not saying I am right or wrong on things as much of what we discuss is subjective but people generally believe we are not simple fanboys here so much, but good vapist taking a roll in the vapor community. I believe we should protect that by allowing facts and real aspects play a role.

I respect your view point. I am not saying you are wrong. I feel for Tom, I believe he spotted the site and freaked when he saw the pic and thought someone was trying to scam people or up to some other type of no good. I think it was probably a guy who was in the process of creating a website and had some help and someone foolishly used a pic of the PD for effect not intending for others to see it but google is a fast indexer as I am sure Tom knows and a simple search probably turned up the site. I dont know if that is how it was or not but that is my general consensus. It is not uncommon for people who are working on website to have it be a work in progress and they should of made it so the pages didnt show.

I give it that leeway solely because their is no benefit for it to be anything else if he has an authentic product. I genuinely lean that it was a youthful business mistake that wont happen again. Before I became ill, I owned a small to mid size management consulting business and the mistakes made in business is actually funny at times. You would not believe the mistakes and errors people and large corporations make. I see this as one of those things.

Add in the issue that it was brought here by others it becomes something more and in my opinion I think its inappropriate to go forward until we learn more.

Dont get me wrong, I am right with you except I am waiting to see the product and how the next steps go before I form an opinion. As of now, we have at best another quality vaporizer on the market to at worst we have another piece of junk vaporizer on the market. Time will tell.

Thats all I really have to say on it and I cant believe I said that much. I bet many wish I didnt hehe. If I am missing something please let me know but if their is nothing else, I stand by my view to let the vape speak for itself.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Am I really fucked up or do those last two long posts by beez not read like he normally does? If ever I thought someone was being impersonated, that was it. Either that, or marijuana is a hell of a drug!

stickstones,

lwien

Beezleb said:
Iwien,

.....the mistakes made in business is actually funny at times. You would not believe the mistakes and errors people and large corporations make.
Oh, believe me, I know. :lol: It truly boggles the mind sometimes.

lwien,

lwien

stickstones said:
Am I really fucked up or do those last two long posts by beez not read like he normally does? If ever I thought someone was being impersonated, that was it. Either that, or marijuana is a hell of a drug!
Funny. I thought the exact same thing. I just thought he must be really, REALLY vaked. ;)

lwien,

Beezleb

Naw, its me, I must be missing something. lol, im always vaked. I always skip a word here and their when I am really vaked, or im just stupid, I tend to think its vake hehe.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
I always skip a word here and their when I am really vaked, or im just stupid, I tend to think its vake hehe.
Being stupid and vaked is not mutually exclusive Beeze. I get stupid every time I get vaked.
Fuck, it's raining like a motha out here.

lwien,

Beezleb

vape4health said:
I did a small review post # 172 Beezleb .
/facepalm

dont know how I missed that.

Does the stuff stay in the bowl when inverted or does stuff fall into it? Does he use a screen or a cross bar like the PD uses. I see people often concerned about the stuff falling into the vape and I was curious to how to deals with that.

It is my understanding that stuff falling into the vape is not an issue with the PD or MZ for the most part.

Another thing that has me confused. He says he removed the fins or some of the fins but doesnt the fins on the PD increase the heaters efficiency? I was sort of expecting the review to say the heat was slow or had a longer time to reheat after take a long draw but the review seems to indicate it heats up pretty quick. Interesting.

Beezleb,

vape4health

I put a screen in it right off the bat . But I told Todd I added a screen and he said something about working out a way to add them .

Stuff has to fall on the other ones too , weather its a little bit or not it's still getting down inside the works , I believe that cant be good but what do I know . I do dump a few small piece's out after a few stems .

Crossbar .

vape4health,

lwien

Stuff falling in really isn't an issue. Just take that puppy, turn her over and slap her bottom.

I just hold the vape at a 90 degree angle and nothing ever falls in.

Don't see why it would be any different with any similar vape to the PD.

One thing about a screen though. Although it makes it harder for stuff to fall in, it would also make it harder to get out if anything fell in.

lwien,

vape4health

I have tried hitting it with a empty stem , just full blown railing it . I cant get it to cool down .

I crushed it like 3 times in a row with the empty stem , as big of a breath I could get , then real quick I stuck a fresh stem on and got a good hit .

Edit : I just did 5 huge hits with a empty stem and that will cool it down , but I am getting vapor again after less then a minute.

vape4health,

vape4health

The screen that I used is finer then the stem screen and I dont suck anything into my mouth when loading .

Something that I forgot to add in the review , I will add it as an edit . Its taking me some time to figure just how to pack a stem to get a nice size load but not hard to draw through . I suck it up in the stem and I'm finding that sucking real easy then stuffing the little bit that is hanging out so its level , not to hard or its very hard to draw .

vape4health,

Beezleb

Thanks I appreciate it.

Any chance of a few pics, especially of the inside and stems, I know more than a few have already asked hehe. Happy Vaping all.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom