Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Copied from the E-Bay Addy... Modified to eliminate crazy symbols only. :cool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Maple...ultDomain_0?hash=item19b81b675f#ht_547wt_1245
---

!!!! Brand New Maple Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

This is a brand new Woodeez SS vaporizer. They have just come on the market in response to other maufacturers have a 2 month wait time. This proven design is one of the most efficient vaporizers available on the market today. All internal components are stainless steel and lead free.The actual herbal chamber is only 1/4" in diameter making it easy to control amount actually consumed. The efficiency of Woodeez is unbeleivable. Comes complete with the Woodeez, 3 vapor tubes, power supply and sample of Woodeez Waxx.

Inspired by current manufacturers, as well as a 1978 patent for nicotine delivery, we are pleased to introduce the Woodeez line of convection vaporizers. This proven design provides one of the most effiicient vaporizers available on the market today.

We proudly introduce the Woodeez SS. Each Woodeez body is hand crafted from rough cut, kiln dried hardwoods. Each one is complety assembled by hand, sanded and buffed to a luxurious luster. It's then finished off with coats of our all natural Woodeez Waxx. Made right here by us, its an all natural wood finish that combines pure beeswax and essential oils.

The heatport and inner sleeve are made entirely from Stainless Steel components. All electronics, wiring and solder are completely lead free, 100% ROHS compliant.

Each Woodeez comes complete with 3 vapor tubes, power supply, copper aromatherapy cup and sample of Woodeez Waxx.

---

Purple-Days,

stinkbud

Looks nice, how are these with heat expansion? As far as I have read on here that is why the Myrtlezap is so successful as the wood lasts longsr.

stinkbud,

Nchomsky

Looked it up online and found the website (I assume) http://woodeez-ss.com/5301.html.

And according to their store
"The Kit comes with the Woodeez, 3 vapor tubes, transformer, car adapter, a small sample of our own Woodeez Waxx, and the copper aromatheapy diffusser cup."
However, I don't see how to purchase one directly.

Nchomsky,

FEAR420

stinkbud said:
Looks nice, how are these with heat expansion? As far as I have read on here that is why the Myrtlezap is so successful as the wood lasts longsr.
You do realize that Tom (Purple Days) is the creator of the Purple Days vape which is what this Ebay POFS is ripping off...

Tom,can you do anything legal about this? Copyright infringement,etc,etc??

FEAR420,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Ummm... Don't we have a user with the same name as the seller here at FC??

Lo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Was viewing the feedback from recent PURCHASES by that seller... Interesting, guessing it's not mass produced judging by the recent purchases!! Very interesting find Tom.

Not too keen on this quote "Includes 3 vapor stems, and woodeez waxx, similar to PD"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280415491496

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280415490831

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290361824421

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400048032270

Lo,

FEAR420

lo said:
Was viewing the feedback from recent PURCHASES by that seller... Interesting, guessing it's not mass produced judging by the recent purchases!! Very interesting find Tom.

Not too keen on this quote "Includes 3 vapor stems, and woodeez waxx, similar to PD"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280415491496

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280415490831

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290361824421

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400048032270
LMAO....me thinks him or someone else is watching this thread,cuz as soon as you posted these...they all disappeared as I clicked on them.

FEAR420,

reece

FEAR420 said:
You do realize that Tom (Purple Days) is the creator of the Purple Days vape which is what this Ebay POFS is ripping off...

Tom,can you do anything legal about this? Copyright infringement,etc,etc??
You do realize that Tom is not the first to make this type of vape. He isn't even the second. Maybe the heat exchanger isn't the same as Tom's.

reece,

Purple-Days

Well, when it all started, January 1, 2008 (for us)... I never expected more than a few sales a month. To friends and family. Then slowly expand into some shops (never went the shop route).

When we leaped into the web (www.com) a realistic goal after prototypes and setup was 5-10 a month after a year of business. Someday expand. We had no idea.

I always knew about this sort of business practice. Sometimes, fantasy of pirates would lurk in my dreams. Who cares? There isn't much money to be made if you do it right. :cool:

Purple-Days,

jumpoff_the_planet

I hope you sue the sh** out of whoever is trying to rip off your idea man. :mad:

Whatever they are trying to do it is not ethical in my book.

jumpoff_the_planet,

Purple-Days

Thanks Jump. Not my style, I will give the whole thing away, before I go to court. No judge can inflict honor. ;)

Purple-Days,

jumpoff_the_planet

It is sad to see this happening. I am a young guy and I know that success comes from making a superior quality product, faster delivery, customer service etc. etc. Have no worries Tom they won't get very far creating an inferior copycat of your excellent device! :ninja:

jumpoff_the_planet,

FEAR420

Purple-Days said:
Jezzus, I just plugged this into my search of e-mails. Wow, I have been searching for a nice piece of walnut for this guy. :lol: He want's another PD. Maybe there will be a walnut Woodeez soon. :lol:
Nice kick in the teeth huh? :mad:

FEAR420,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
hmmm
i might be purchasing one of these in the near future
are stems the same as they are for the pd?

Portability,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Yes folks, I am the one selling the vape in question. It and several others were built by me. The website is SORT of a joke, put together by a friend one night. I have no idea how to take it offline.
If you've read Toms posts about his first vapes, you already know that you cant buy just one vaporizers worth of anything. Lo you are correct, these are not mass produced. I had to build several, but not many. Who knows though?
If you follow the other similar vape manufactuers thread, you may have seen the post about him saying he would be willing to tell how they were made. I took him up on the offer..{Thank You} I had previously written to Tom asking if he would like assistance with PD's, as some folks really dont have the time to wait for one. He said that he didnt think that there was enough demand. I felt otherwise, and jumped at the chance to learn how the "other" one was made.
I sell vapes to ill individuals. Not all of us have the extra 2 to 3 months left. I have a PD, and admit that it is a great vape. I wanted some of my friends to be able to have one. Some of them really dont have that kind of time left.
I based the Woodeez on both the Myrtlezap and the Purple Days. It has more mass in the heat exchanger than either of them. The only "fins" [lockwashers] used are in the upper part of the heat exchanger allowing air to pass. It uses a real stainless steel Belleville spring washer to tension the whole mass together, not just hammerd into place. Similar to both vapes, but not the same as either.
There were a grand total of 25 made. 7 sucked and didnt work well. 12 were spoken for before I even had one completed. That leaves 6 that I want to get rid of. Some are Maple, and yes Tom, some are Walnut. I didnt want to use either Cherry or Myrltewood for obvious reasons.
I dont know about actually trying to make a viable business out of these. For now I just want to get rid of the extra vapes I have and try and recoup the money for materials. If there are people who want one though..... I'm sure that I'll meet more terminally ill people in the future, and will most likely build them a vape. {I volunteer at a local cancer center} I dont know how many of these I will produce, or if they will even remain for sale. I know that I will make and give away more, but how soon I dont know. I'm not trying to piss off the masses, just trying to help some people who need it. If there is a demand for them then maybe I will continue to make and sell them. Like I said, for now I'm just trying to get some of my funds back.

highendvapes,

sour

Wow that was a pretty low thing to do. Even if you wanted to help some friends who don't have much time left, you didn't have to produce an imitation. If you felt that you could improve certain areas (heat exchanger, spring washer for tensioning etc.) then why not design a -different- style. Seems to me you are trying to cash in on MZ and PDs market, which is dishonorable. Your OK with that obviously, which speaks volumes on your character.

sour,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
sour said:
Wow that was a pretty low thing to do. Even if you wanted to help some friends who don't have much time left, you didn't have to produce an imitation. If you felt that you could improve certain areas (heat exchanger, spring washer for tensioning etc.) then why not design a -different- style. Seems to me you are trying to cash in on MZ and PDs market, which is dishonorable. Your OK with that obviously, which speaks volumes on your character.
If you actually read his post you would see that he knows tom well enough for him to show him how to make a pd. hes not trying to steal the idea from him or anything, he just wanted to try and make a vaporizer similar to the pd and the myrtlezap. even if he was trying to "cash in on MZ and PDs market", tom wouldn't put up a thread for his vape. like he said, hes not mass producing them, just hooking up some very ill friends.
i see no wrong in him doing any of this.
:2c:
:peace:

Portability,

Frickr

i see nothing wrong with options, as long as the compitition isnt out to crush the other. i think the steps highendvapes has taken to change the heat exchanger, using differant woods, is alright. theres nothing wrong with inovation is there? now if he out right copied either one of the designs then i could see where some people would be mad. but as he has tried his own variation on the design i dont see why anyone should be mad.

the pd is a great product, no matter how many immitations there are out there, the purple days will still be the major one that sticks out in everyones mind.

and i also feel a little healthy compitition will always help. compitition leads to inovation. why cant we keep updating the design? if we think that the pd and mz are great right now, just think what could be achieved if someone were to update that design further? is that not what tom did was to update the original design to suit his needs? so why is everyone ragging on this guy for updating the design a bit further?

i guess im looking at this all with an extremely open mind, and not picking any sides as in my post i support both sides of this debate. all im really after is just to have people be a bit more open minded to new ideas instead of always sticking to what is the norm.

EDIT: after fallowing this issue a little longer, i withdraw my statement about the movies highendvape is making. now it appears that he is flatout copying the PD. although i feel that inovation is never a bad thing, hes choosing not to change the design. somehting can be said about his ethics thats for sure.

Frickr,

aero18

vaporist
I don't see a problem in there being an assortment of box vaporizers (copy cats of VaporBrothers). Competition is healthy for a market.

The tubes don't look like they are sturdy in the heater... they look like they are about to fall over! Is that just a defect or are all like that?

Few more questions:

Will you be able to do some custom wood requests in the future highendvapes?
How is the heating compared to the Purple Days? The MyrteZap runs at a cooler temp than the Purple Days, is this the same case for this product?
Also, how well does the heater retain heat? As well, or better, than the Purple Days?

aero18,

rotax

Zaporist
There are how many different brands of Tires out there?
Cars?
Lightbulbs?
Computers...

So on n so forth. While you do have the right to respond however you like. The reality of it is, the more popular an item becomes, the more it will be "copied" or "imitated"...especially when the design works!

There are MANY many things today that would not be a success nor mainstream if it were not for some sort of copy, or duplication technique, or rip off..etc
/cough
Windows OS...
/cough

I wonder if the PD got the label as a "copy" design when it was introduced. I know Rick and Tom get along, and both their personalities on this subject is generally pretty cool. But I don't doubt that some of the original Zap-faithful were also upset about the similar design. And, yes, I know it goes earlier than the Zap as well...which should be point enough that the design will advance, expand, and evolve with time..like all things tend to.

rotax,

Cr8z13

highendvapes said:
I dont know about actually trying to make a viable business out of these. For now I just want to get rid of the extra vapes I have and try and recoup the money for materials. If there are people who want one though..... I'm sure that I'll meet more terminally ill people in the future, and will most likely build them a vape.
Best of luck to you, sir. There's clearly a demand for these kinds of vapes and I see nothing wrong with a little competition. That's coming from a proud MZ owner too.

Cr8z13,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom