Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawsh

BS aside... can someone who has ordered the Woodeez post some pictures of the unit and perhaps a little review? Seems like a viable alternative to those who want a PD and don't want to wait 10+ weeks, and those who are skeptical of the use of Brass in the MyrtleZap.

Healthy competition is good. I love Tom and everything and I own a PD, but the wait time is 10+ weeks and its very understandable that people do not or cannot wait that long to obtain this type of vaporizer (which imho is the best on the market as it conserves the most and ez to use). If highendvapes didn't come out with this, someone else would have... props to him for taking the initiative and using his intelligence to produce this type of vaporizer. This is what happens when supply cannot keep up with demand in our open market society. It was inevitable. The exact same thing thing lead to the creation of the PD. Don't hate the playa hate the game.

jawsh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you found out your Ferrari was actually made by Kia but just had the Ferrari body to it.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Once again, the myrtlewood on my MZ is truly stunning. I also do like the LED, as it stay's in my bedroom. Functionally speaking, the PD is still second to none IMO.

IAmKrazy2,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Purple-Days said:
:

Here is a bit of an e-mail from Todd. "It was purchased on ebay from a person who was selling it for need of money. I got a tea tree and paid..."

What a fuckin' joke.

Here is a screen shot of the Purple-Days Tea Tree unit, on the Woodeez webpage for any doubters, or if it suddenly changes
Yes Tom, the whole webpage is a joke, if you read my original posts it was made by a friend as a joke. There wernet pictures of woodeez on the laptop, so he used what he could find in the picture folder. This vape was never meant to be "commercialized" l. No one is going to purchase a no name vape on ebay, so thus the name was created. It shouldnt have ever been posted on FC. I only wanted to get rid of my overage. There were really only the original 6 to sell.
But you posted this on here, not me. I didnt ask for the publicity. I wanted to sell 6 vapes one at a time on ebay and be done with it. Because of your posts, I received numerous emails and as I had previously posted that I wouldnt leave anyone hanging, I now seem to be almost forced into production.
How would you recommend that I change my design to differenciate from yours? I've already done away with your multiple heat sinks and fins. My heat exchanger IS different than yours. They are both made of stainless, but they are not the same. I have already explained why the round turning. Its faster than any other shape.
Do you and Rick have total control over the simple wooden shape? Is no one allowed to make a vape of this type now that you two have done so? I stand by my comments that this was designed to help some very sick friends and seems to snowballed due to your posts.
Feel free to send stickers with the PD of Calvin pissing on Woodeez.

highendvapes,

lwien

jawsh said:
If highendvapes didn't come out with this, someone else would have... props to him for taking the initiative and using his intelligence to produce this type of vaporizer.
Intelligence?

What's intelligent is to realize a need in the marketplace and then to manufacture and market a product to fill that need WITHOUT virtually copying another product. He's not only plagiarizing an existing product, he's going as far as using pics of the unit he plagiarized to promote his own. Can't you see the ethical concerns with this?

lwien,

lwien

highendvapes said:
Yes Tom, the whole webpage is a joke, if you read my original posts it was made by a friend as a joke. There wernet pictures of woodeez on the laptop, so he used what he could find in the picture folder. This vape was never meant to be "commercialized" l. No one is going to purchase a no name vape on ebay, so thus the name was created. It shouldnt have ever been posted on FC. I only wanted to get rid of my overage. There were really only the original 6 to sell.
But you posted this on here, not me. I didnt ask for the publicity. I wanted to sell 6 vapes one at a time on ebay and be done with it. Because of your posts, I received numerous emails and as I had previously posted that I wouldnt leave anyone hanging, I now seem to be almost forced into production.
How would you recommend that I change my design to differenciate from yours? I've already done away with your multiple heat sinks and fins. My heat exchanger IS different than yours. They are both made of stainless, but they are not the same. I have already explained why the round turning. Its faster than any other shape.
Do you and Rick have total control over the simple wooden shape? Is no one allowed to make a vape of this type now that you two have done so? I stand by my comments that this was designed to help some very sick friends and seems to snowballed due to your posts.
Feel free to send stickers with the PD of Calvin pissing on Woodeez.
This pic of the PD is on your site http://woodeez-ss.com, not the ebay site and your site is OBVIOUSLY a commercial site.

Fuck man, at least use your own pic of your own product.

To state that you just made it for sick friends and then have the audacity to put the blame of commercializing it on someone else is ludicrous.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
that and you can't say that the website was put up as a joke. Especially when there has been html script added for Paypal options since this thread was started (Added poorly I should say, you can see the script, it wasnt there a few days ago)

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Yup.

Ya know what's even more disappointing than what he's doing here? What's even more disappointing is that there are some here who are actually offering up credibility to this guy.

lwien,

Beezleb

I like the different voltage options available. I would like to know the performance difference between the lower and higher end models.

Just different perspectives and view points all with some merit. I wouldn't go so far as to judge people because they do not side with your views.

I cannot fault a person for bringing a product to market, especially one they are manufacturing and selling. If he pulls it off, its a good business story. At the same time it is understandable that those who have come before him will be upset at the competition and loyal users of their products will have strong emotions. That is all this is from my perspective.

I dont understand what is meant about what he is doing here. He didnt start anything here, he has been stand up guy to answer and discuss things that other people have brought here and with even more than few people have been hostile towards him really without known facts I think. I dont think many people would subject themselves in discussion about their product in such an atmosphere so say what you will, its a stand up thing to do. I think we should give him a minute and look at his product and form an opinion based on merit and if its junk its junk, if its good its good and should be acknowledge for what it is.

I do not agree he is doing a clone. He has changed some internal aspects at the very least and he offers more options when ordering. I believe many here would have found these options appealing when they bought their PD and/or MZ. Not saying they should offer them but I would not blame if them if they did.

My view on the issue is simple. Let the vaporizer speak for itself.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
I cannot fault a person for bringing a product to market, especially one they are manufacturing and selling.
Neither can I. It's HOW he's bringing a product to market that I take issue with, that is:
Using the pic of the competitors product as your main pic to promote your own. A total falsehood.
Stating that these were made just for friends and that all he was doing was selling overstock, which is obviously not the case. A total falsehood.
Stating that his site was just a joke, when obviously, that is not the case either. A total falsehood.
and then not taking the necessary steps to differentiate his product so that it can stand on it's own merits.

And then to add insult to injury, he blames others for forcing him to go commercial. LOL !!!!

So yeah, I agree that I too cannot fault a person in bringing a product to market. But I can fault him on HOW he brought his product to market.

lwien,

Beezleb

I agree, their are some shady elements and im not sure if its just youth in business mistake kind of thing or if its a joke. Certainly is bizarre.

Beezleb,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
I have a bad taste in my mouth on this whole ordeal. I can understand the negative feelings and PR due to the launch of the product. What I don't understand is the all the endless hostility against Todd. He is only responding to his customers and potential customers. I am glad he is putting up Paypal options, it will make purchases easier for potential customers when it is up and running.

Even if he did lie about the patients which is an assumption; it effectively worked as a test market for him to see if this was going to be a viable product to sell. He proved that it is. Members here say that's an obvious market, but that's all talk. He did it. Kudos to him.

Tom could be the greatest craftsman in the world and I would still buy a Woodeez or Myrtlezap over the PD. Availability is key for me. I am the consumer. Don't screw me and make me wait 9 weeks or I'll go to the best alternative. The insides are simple and tough. There's no motherboard or fancy graphics card in there.

And as a general rule of thumb, if you can't keep up with demand then stop bitching about people who can offer units immediately. That is their COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE over you.

Lastly, I bought a Woodeez unit from Todd. My birthday is in two days and I wanted a Walnut unit in time for it. I can't get my specific request from anywhere else, even with a wait. I've always wanted one in Walnut. Now, I'll get it in time for a birthday toke and I'm a happy customer for that.

quomist,

vape4health

I'm just glad it was brought to the market . SS , ROHS , small bowl , and NO wait , works for me . I will probly still order a PD if and when the wait time comes down .

vape4health,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think it was stated in the reseller thread that they would not provide a car adatper due to legal consultation. I can't imagine going to that length if it was just a side hobby without business intentions.

stickstones,

jawsh

lwien said:
jawsh said:
If highendvapes didn't come out with this, someone else would have... props to him for taking the initiative and using his intelligence to produce this type of vaporizer.
Intelligence?

What's intelligent is to realize a need in the marketplace and then to manufacture and market a product to fill that need WITHOUT virtually copying another product. He's not only plagiarizing an existing product, he's going as far as using pics of the unit he plagiarized to promote his own. Can't you see the ethical concerns with this?
Yes... intelligent. It takes an intelligent person to to take the initiative, find out how a product can be made, and then use that intelligence and craftsmanship to produce the product. Not only that, but the internal components have been changed slightly, and different woods are offered. He has innovated. Rick nor Tom own any rights or patents for their respective units.. it is fair game. Todd is intelligent enough to capitalize on the PD's deficiencies in supply which is a serious sticking point for many users.

Furthermore, this type of business has and continues to take place ALL THE TIME without any ethical considerations nor government intervention. It's part of belonging to an open market place society. Do you go into a pharmacy and complain to the pharmacist about ethical considerations when you see vitamins made by premier companies and the EXACT same product (without ANY innovation) right next to it labeled as a house brand for a cheaper price? Note here that they ARE exact same... except one has the "name brand" and the other doesn't. Consumers are free to make that decision themselves.

I think Todd would get a lot more props if he said his product was BETTER than the PD then similar (reminiscent of Pepsi vs Coke taste challenge ne one?). The only reason why (that I can see) he likened it to the PD is because he is trying to fill that deficiency in supply for most people interested in a PD unit already... This being his target consumers. Seems like a pretty good marketing tactic to me... and it seems to be working.

Give the man a little bit of time to get his website up and running properly with detailed pictures of his units and such. This IS a viable alternative to the PD and MyrtleZap. To be honest I do not know what else people expect to happen... 10+ weeks to wait for a PD or to go with a Brass filled MyrtleZap (for people vaporizing for health reasons in the first place) is ridiculous. I do not see how Tom nor anyone else didn't expect this to happen eventually. I'm sure he has had the opportunity to produce on a larger scale and refused (most likely to ensure the integrity and craftsmanship of his product which is respectable), but you cannot "have your cake and eat it too". Either you produce on a larger scale and monopolize the marketplace (as I have seen many people have gone to the MyrtleZap due to lack of PD's) or you don't and you can expect this to happen.

jawsh,

bcleez

This is free market capitalism. If you don't own a patent you don't own Sh!t.

American Business has NO morals, did we already forget this lesson? (check goldman sachs)

bcleez,

lwien

bcleez said:
American Business has NO morals.....
Many don't but some do. There's lots of wiggle room within business law to find your ethical or unethical playground to play in. Everyone is free to choose what side of that fence to play on, but from my point of view, if you're gonna play on the unethical side, ya gotta be prepared for the resulting flak that's gonna come your way and the way I see it, Woodeez took the unethical route.

Gotta be careful though in painting anything with a broad brush like you did above. Absolutes like that just don't exist.

lwien,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Love this thread. Business is business after all.

What i want to know is who is going to sell me one of these in the UK? Tom got his waiting list problems but none of you want to ship abroad.

I can see a bit of a gap in the market here - might just set up myself.......... bit of wood a few heatsinks - should make a mint.....

oddjobold,

GhostVapor

I placed an order for a walnut woodeez today. I will post pic's and a little review when it arrives. I was told I'll have it by the end of next week.

GhostVapor,

standard

It's like the gunslinger days of the old west...:cool::cool:

Sincerest form of flattery and all...

standard,

lwien

standard said:
It's like the gunslinger days of the old west...:cool::cool:

Sincerest form of flattery and all...
O.K Corral.

I don't know if it's just because I'm really vaked right now, but standard, THAT was pretty funny. Got a loud chuckle from that. Thanks for the visuals...........:lol:

lwien,

Jikaboom123

Post pics and review of walnut Woodeez please. Love walnut. Really interested in the efficiency compared to the PD/MZ.

Jikaboom123,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
No offense to any of the 'businessmen' here,
but seeing you argue is extremely off-putting, especially from a customers perspective, but even more so as a member of this community and all-around vapor enthusiast.

If you are confident in your product, there is no need to detract from others.
It's petty and a weak business strategy....

This thread should be trashed (at the very least, cleaned up...) and the maker should be allowed to be given a fresh start if he so chooses.

Equality and respect, shouldn't we ask for nothing more here at FC?

FORUM RULES

If there are truths to be expounded, do such at your own caution but remember,
'sometimes it's best to bite your own tongue, rather than lash out at another'

:2c:

SpiralArchitect,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Spiral, more importantly, where can I get a decent replacement wand for the VW3g hands free?

I thank you for your time.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom