Woodeez Aromatherapy Diffuser/ Vaporizer !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezleb

Certainly some fans and whatnot of the other similar products may have their feelings upset. Welcome to business.

A demand was created and highly documented on this site. If a business does not want to potentially keep that they need to meet demand appropriately and being able to manage production better is only a part of that aspect. To not do so will invite competition. It is a virtual given that when demand for product is not meant someone will find a way to meet that demand if possible. It is just a normal part of capitalism.

If the product is quality and able to diligently enter the market place than it will impact the others but probably not all that much.

For ill people, I do not really recommend these type of vaporizers simply because I had assisted someone in getting a PD awhile ago. He was unable to use it effectively because he simply did not have the strength to maintain sucking power over a vaping session. Not an issue for healthy people but this individual was unable to do so. Luckily I was able to work the issue out and was able to find someone who swap vapes with him. He has since passed away but due to this for elderly ill people or those with breathing issues I do not recommend this style of vaporizer until airflow is easier on the patient. I do explain this style of vaporizer to them and about their better use with small amounts but no one has had any interest after hearing of the experience.

I would be interested if this version is easier to pull with. I know for people who read this I make it sound like these style vapes are hard to draw with but only for very weak and ill people and my experience is very limited so I would not take it as gospel matter of fact but im not about to have to deal with a sick individual in virtual panic mode because they cant their medicine effectively for them. I felt very bad and sick inside about it that day but it all worked out.

Beezleb,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am truly weary about what is inside this new vape. That being said, he isn't coppying something thar Tom designed completely from scratch. Rick used the 1978 patten, and greatly improved. Tom, used Rick ideas, and made further changes and improvements. Due to demand, if someone else want to make a similiar vape, more power to him.

Hey highend, any way you can give use some shots of the inside? The HE? Hell, variety is the spice of life, i am always interested in another little buddy.

IAmKrazy2,

reece

sour said:
Wow that was a pretty low thing to do. Even if you wanted to help some friends who don't have much time left, you didn't have to produce an imitation. If you felt that you could improve certain areas (heat exchanger, spring washer for tensioning etc.) then why not design a -different- style. Seems to me you are trying to cash in on MZ and PDs market, which is dishonorable. Your OK with that obviously, which speaks volumes on your character.
Hmm, so if you had been aware of the Eterra first and then saw the Zap or the PD would you be saying the same thing to Tom and Rick? Everything you are saying applies to them. Tom felt he could improve on the a certain area (a couple of areas, actually) of the AromaZap. At first he was just making them for friends and family (if I remember correctly). Yet he did not design a different style. Does that speak to his character? Rick felt he could improve on a certain area of the Eterra (mainly customer service I believe but Rick can correct me on that). Yet, he did not design a different style. Does that speak to his character also? It seems to me, you are applying one set of morals to some and another set to others. Does that speak to your character? You're OK with that obviously.

While you're at it, you should express your disappointment with all but the original makes of the refrigerator, the television, the automobile, the microwave oven, the oven, the frozen pizza, the pizza....

reece,

max

Out to lunch
Pretty much every sucessful vape design on the market has been copied. You can find 'lookalikes' for the Volcano, Silver Surfer, etc. The box design has been copied a zillion times. Even the SSV is based on the box vape and the owner salutes that original whip design on the SSV website.

There's an old saying- "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

max,

Rick

Zapman
Competition is good for CONSUMERS, generally speaking. Somehow, somewhere a product is made by someone. It is pretty good so demand for the product happens. Then it is up to the first person to fill the demand in a reasonable amount of time, coupled with good customer service. We started because we tried a good product and liked it so went back to get another for a friend. The price had gone up greatly in my mind in a two week period and there was little or no feedback from the people selling them. Now a demand that is not being met and/or an incredible price increase because the market would allow it since demand was going up fast. We did not change the design but we did officially add the Aromatherapy function with a nice arty Aroma diffusing flower. Even emphasized aroma in the name, Aromazap. We also changed some physical construction of the heatport for added strength, etc.

Over the years several people have copied us and the Eterra design. Kinda cool really as many would always try for more. More tip load mostly which would not work unless you changed everything. The thing is, the tip load is the primary advantage of this design. Efficient vaping of small quantities. The only part of the knock offs that we did not like was when someone approached us as customer/friends and got much info from us without us having a clue what they were doing. But that is OK too. So we are naive and trusting mostly. I'll take it and will not change my ways.
Highendvapes contacted me about my offer. The two heatport designs had been shown by Tom on his thread, in my opinion because of competition. There were really no more secrets after that. So I gave highend some old blocks so he could see how they were drilled, etc. He did the rest and has to do the rest. The rest is making them and making them work. Selling them at a reasonable price coupled with good customer service which is not easy at times. There is a lot more to do before he affects Tom or us.

Competition is a good thing.

Rick,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
The way I see it, if it wasn't Highend making them... Someone else eventually would make a vape of this style.
It was only a matter of time. And if someone is taking either the PD or MZ and making improvements, no matter how little.. you cannot blame them. I have seen many people IRL that have tried these vapes and have expressed the want too make a similar, if not improved, style vape.
After all, as said above, rick and tom improved upon the Eterra, no one is saying they ripped Eterra off.
When you have a good product and a high demand it is only a matter of time before others start too move in too take advantage of the high demand.

DevoTheStrange,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Concerned also that some of your original builds did not work highend.... what happened?

IAmKrazy2,

reece

DevoTheStrange said:
The way I see it, if it wasn't Highend making them... Someone else eventually would make a vape of this style.
It was only a matter of time.
Exactly. I would really like others made of different wood. I have played around with the idea of making this type vape. The only things holding me back is I have no knowledge of wood or electrical type things. So, it really never got beyond the, "it would be cool if I could make this" stage. Same as my other vapes now that I think about it.:)

reece,

Purple-Days

Like I said,"There isn't much money to be made if you do it right. "

I'm glad to see he's trying to do some things that were important to me... Stainless steel, RoHS, Lead Free, Woodeez Waxx :buzz: .

Like Rick says, "There is a lot more to do...".

Good luck, Todd. :peace:

Purple-Days,

VapoFish

Competition rocks for the consumer and there's nothing wrong with making a good thing better, or simply offering another option.

Good luck highendvapes!

:peace:

VapoFish,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Purple-Days said:
I'm glad to see he's trying to do some things that were important to me... Stainless steel, RoHS, Lead Free, Woodeez Waxx :buzz: .
true... would be sad too see another type of this vaporizer on the market using crap materials. That would definitely be a shame too see someone come out with one made with whatever parts the person could find. Regardless of what they are made of instead of using "Safe"r materials

DevoTheStrange,

sour

Highendvapes I apologize for my previous post. I had not considered that the MZ was inspired by the Eterra and the PD by the MZ unit. As most have stated here innovations and competition can be good things. It was foolish of me to attack your product when I didn't know the full history behind these vapes. Sometimes it's hard to think outside the box!

sour,

Frickr

aaah. a self policing society can be a peaceful society. alot can be said about that.

Frickr,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Thanks for the well wishes. ;) I dont see anything wrong with a bit of competition either, but like I said I dont know how many of these I'm actually going to produce....If there is demand enough to make them I wouldnt leave anyone hangin.
I really wasnt planning on selling anywhere besides ebay just yet, but if orders come thru email they will be filled.

highendvapes,

rotax

Zaporist
sour said:
Highendvapes I apologize for my previous post.
+Rep :)
Now that does show your so called "character", to me.

Sometimes it's hard to think outside the box!
And your right, it definately can be...or to realize that your in the box in the first place, eh?!
I know the feeling.

rotax,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I understand your reasons for producing this particular vape (supply/demand, etc etc) but for me, some ingenuity would have been nice. A good example of this is the Supreme Vaporizer....that dude really put some thought into advancing vaporization tech and his heating element is a good example of that.

We already have the chinese making the "me too" knock offs... :/

stonemonkey55,

lwien

stonemonkey55 said:
I understand your reasons for producing this particular vape (supply/demand, etc etc) but for me, some ingenuity would have been nice.
Agreed. When the PD came out, it was round versus the square Zap. It used stainless rather than brass. It used a copper cup for aromatherapy rather than what the Zap used. It came with a longer warranty. It came with a cleaning bottle and blow bag. It was not marketed as an alternative to the Zap but was marketed on it's own merits.

This is a different animal. Not only isn't there really any refinements or advances to set it apart from the PD, but there's just too many references to the PD in their marketing copy:

"Includes 3 vapor stems, and woodeez waxx, similar to PD"
"They have just come on the market in response to other maufacturers have a 2 month wait time."

One just has to look at Tom's site to see how he very much tried to separate the PD from the Zap and introduce it and market it on it's own merits.

Just the opposite with this one, in that it seems like every effort was made to compare it to the PD even to the marketing blurbs about it being RohS compliant, copper cup, woodezz wax (buzz butter), etc etc etc.

No effort was made to have this product stand on it's own merit.

As SM stated above, "some ingenuity would have been nice"

lwien,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
HighEndVapes,

Congratulations on successfully replicating a functional, home made, imitation PD.

I am sorry to hear that they are not selling like hotcakes.

It is likely that many may prefer to buy a unit from our dear inventor friend (and father of many of our little wooden children) despite of the wait time, due to the comfort that buying a unit from someone with an established reputation for quality and transparency (of the process).

Perhaps if you were able to improve upon the design of the PD, you could compete better in the market.

I definitely give you mad props for striving to help those who are suffering, and hope that those individuals (who can not wait) are able to bypass the wait time by purchasing an imitation PD (and for approaching your project with tact and respect for the individuals whose shoulders you are standing upon).

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ingenuity...that would depend on the purpose.

this looks like a simple 'dude wants to help out some friends' setup with a little extra left over. there would be no reason for him, or me, or anyone else to try to make it better or different in that situation.

if I had made some of these and had some leftovers I wanted to dump I would do the same thing...list them here or on ebay and talk about how I tried to copy the pd. from what highend says, you likely won't see anymore of these after they're gone anyhow.

stickstones,

YoungethKinsaul

I wanna PD/MZ style vape with a built in battery. It wouldnt really even have to last that long, just long enough to get high then you plug it back up that way its always charged.
Cause it just seems the cord could get in the way some time an itd be nice to be able to go all over the house with it and not having to unplug it an plug it in.
That'd be great if possible.
But alas I'm waitin on my MZ hope rick gets it out soon..I've stoped smokin for a week or less if my MZ gets here before that. Imma be zapped when i get it.;)

YoungethKinsaul,

YoungethKinsaul

also ''Imitation is the most sincere form flattery''
Great products will always be imitated an theres nothing wrong with it unless your breaking patents.
An if im right Tom has given the plans to build one to people, so whats the big deal.

YoungethKinsaul,

lwien

stickstones said:
ingenuity...that would depend on the purpose.

this looks like a simple 'dude wants to help out some friends' setup with a little extra left over. there would be no reason for him, or me, or anyone else to try to make it better or different in that situation.

if I had made some of these and had some leftovers I wanted to dump I would do the same thing...list them here or on ebay and talk about how I tried to copy the pd. from what highend says, you likely won't see anymore of these after they're gone anyhow.
If that's the deal, then yeah, I agree. No harm, no foul.

lwien,

Nchomsky

I guess I'm a little confused on all the negatives about the Woodeez, If it's RoHs compliant like the PD how do you improve on something that's already 100% non-toxic. Also like Tom said the original idea came way before the zap and the PD. And as for the copper cup, I thought that the Zap used a copper cup with pedals attached and a handmade dragon fly for looks (unless the actual cup isnt copper of course). And the Buzz-Butter can be found by different names all over the web, does that mean that everyone ripped of the PD's Buzz-Butter? I'm not saying anything negative, I feel this is perfectly legit and it seems as though he is doing this on a person by person basis to cover down for the wait times to people who don't want to wait. The attacks against him (highendvapes) seems unwarranted at best.

Nchomsky,

jumpoff_the_planet

lwien said:
stonemonkey55 said:
I understand your reasons for producing this particular vape (supply/demand, etc etc) but for me, some ingenuity would have been nice.
Agreed. When the PD came out, it was round versus the square Zap. It used stainless rather than brass. It used a copper cup for aromatherapy rather than what the Zap used. It came with a longer warranty. It came with a cleaning bottle and blow bag. It was not marketed as an alternative to the Zap but was marketed on it's own merits.

This is a different animal. Not only isn't there really any refinements or advances to set it apart from the PD, but there's just too many references to the PD in their marketing copy:

"Includes 3 vapor stems, and woodeez waxx, similar to PD"
"They have just come on the market in response to other maufacturers have a 2 month wait time."

One just has to look at Tom's site to see how he very much tried to separate the PD from the Zap and introduce it and market it on it's own merits.

Just the opposite with this one, in that it seems like every effort was made to compare it to the PD even to the marketing blurbs about it being RohS compliant, copper cup, woodezz wax (buzz butter), etc etc etc.

No effort was made to have this product stand on it's own merit.

As SM stated above, "some ingenuity would have been nice"
I agree with you Lwein. You said exactly what I was thinking. your a smart fella!:D

jumpoff_the_planet,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Progress said:
I definitely give you mad props for striving to help those who are suffering, and hope that those individuals (who can not wait) are able to bypass the wait time by purchasing an imitation PD (and for approaching your project with tact and respect for the individuals whose shoulders you are standing upon).
Ok this is the main reason ANY of these were built. If you read my earlier post, I said that 12 had been spoken for. Of those 12, 9 were GIVEN AWAY. 1 went to a woman who literaly will not be here in 3 months time. Not all of us who use vapes are stoners. Some folks need it. 3 were actually SOLD to friends. I didnt build this batch too make money. They were built for sick friends.

For those that are bitchen that I copied Tom, go to your kitchen and look at your refridgerator. Whats it look like? Bet I can guess what it looks like. Who makes it? Are they all from the same company? Same with most appliances. Thats the way of the world. When a product is at the apex of its design, there isnt very much room for improvement.

Rick told me that he had no problem with me copying any of his design,and I would have,
but the reason that I went the SS route is that it is easier and quicker to make. Same with the turned wood body, its the fastest design to shape. Even easier and quicker than a square. Its not about ergonomics, its all about time. Zaps are much more labor intensive to assemble than either the PD or
Woodeez.

I botched 7 attempts trying various different sizes of heat exchangers, improved airflow, more mass, less mass more air disturbance, larger loads, etc.. I finally settled on what I have now. It is not the same as Tom's. Simalar yes, the same no. Its not the same as Ricks, again simalar but not the same.

highendvapes,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom