Which vapes meet my requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeguy

I have an Arizer Solo and Volcano and each have their opposite problems so I'm looking for a new vaporizer.

Arizer Solo problems:
-Too small capacity, I constantly have to refill it

Volcano problems:
-Too big capacity, I go through herb at a rate I can't afford (400-800% more per day compared to using the Solo, but it does have more effect)
-Bag/valve leaks, I'm probably losing half my herb through leaks

So basically when my finances do well I use the Volcano, when I'm broke I use the Solo. However I'm getting sick of choosing between one major problem or another.

I prefer a "bagless" vape but also one that holds more than the ridiculous amount the Arizer Solo holds.

I'd also appreciate "full name" suggestions (such as Arizer Solo rather than AS) or an acronym list because all those 2 letter names mean nothing to me and can't be found on google using just 2 letters.

Thanks

vapeguy,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
If I was in your situation I think I would try to "bridge the gap" so to speak with a vaporizer that is more towards the middle ground. It seems to me that you either have quite a large tolerance; as my solo get's me zooted (for comparisons sake; I go through roughly 4 stems half filled at level 7 for a normal session); to the point where sometime I overdo it. The other possibility is that in your area the herb is of a different grade than what I have here and that you need more of it to get where you want to be.

I would usually recommend a log vape to someone who is practicing frugal vaping. Some of the more popular models still in production are the Underdogs, EpicVape and Heat Islands (if your willing to wait). But those might not do it for you; if the solo already isn't. The Solo, by design is basically a high tech log vape with a battery pack. So they might not be able to put out enough vapor for you.

So in this sort of case I think that you would be happier if you got a 7th Floor vape. The Da Buddah and Silver Surfer are the two best known models that they make. They are whip style vapes and you can greatly vary the level of herb you use in them. I think you could fit about half a gram in there if you wanted, but people can run it with as little as 0.1 and have a good session. I think that they would be a good answer to your problem.

CentiZen,
Reactions: mmenzie

StickyShisha2

i would get a whip hose style vape that allows for smaller loads than the volcano chamber.

also, look into some new volcano bags/valves/herb chamber, no reason for it to be leaking.

StickyShisha2,

SD_haze

I have an Arizer Solo and Volcano and each have their opposite problems so I'm looking for a new vaporizer.

Arizer Solo problems:
-Too small capacity, I constantly have to refill it

Volcano problems:
-Too big capacity, I go through herb at a rate I can't afford (400-800% more per day compared to using the Solo, but it does have more effect)

So basically when my finances do well I use the Volcano, when I'm broke I use the Solo. However I'm getting sick of choosing between one major problem or another.

I prefer a "bagless" vape but also one that holds more than the ridiculous amount the Arizer Solo holds.

I'd also appreciate "full name" suggestions (such as Arizer Solo rather than AS) or an acronym list because all those 2 letter names mean nothing to me and can't be found on google using just 2 letters.

Thanks
Gave the Vapexhale Cloud any consideration? (If it fits your price range, there's definitely a lot it can do that give the cano/solo a run for their money)

SD_haze,

vapeguy

Thanks for the replies.

I should specify I don't want a 3rd vaporizer, I want to replace one of my current ones with a new one. I'm not yet sure if I'll replace the Volcano or Solo but I'm leaning towards replacing the Volcano because of the leaks which waste and the fact I can get more for it, but it will depend on which vape I decide to get but I consider the Solo very good for a portable.

I definitely think I have a high tolerance, by the time my friends say "I can't vape anymore I'm blasted!", I could still go on and on, and I buy potent stuff.

I prefer a log vape as it's also less maintenance, waste and costs (no bags to replace and the vapor doesn't sit in a bag where it condenses to the sides and "dissapears").

The Silver Surfer looks awesome except for the fact that, if I understand correctly, you're stuck with a 400 degree piece of glass you can't put down anywhere between puffs, this seems like a considerable inconvenience and burn risk. So am I right about being stuck with hot glass pieces between puffs on the Silver Surfer? That would suck as it might kill it for me as it's the one and only downside if I'm right about that.

Is the Vapexhale Cloud portable/cordless or corded? Do you HAVE to use that water piece? I prefer waterless vaping. How much can it hold at a time? Due to its price I would have to sell the Volcano to get this one, but I'll read more about it such as whether it's battery or AC powered and if it can be used without a water piece.

Other than the Silver Surfer and Vapexhale what are other bagless vapes that hold at least double that the Solo holds?

Thanks

vapeguy,

SD_haze

Thanks for the replies.

I should specify I don't want a 3rd vaporizer, I want to replace one of my current ones with a new one. I'm not yet sure if I'll replace the Volcano or Solo but I'm leaning towards replacing the Volcano because of the leaks which waste and the fact I can get more for it, but it will depend on which vape I decide to get but I consider the Solo very good for a portable.

I definitely think I have a high tolerance, by the time my friends say "I can't vape anymore I'm blasted!", I could still go on and on, and I buy potent stuff.

I prefer a log vape as it's also less maintenance, waste and costs (no bags to replace and the vapor doesn't sit in a bag where it condenses to the sides and "dissapears").

The Silver Surfer looks awesome except for the fact that, if I understand correctly, you're stuck with a 400 degree piece of glass you can't put down anywhere between puffs, this seems like a considerable inconvenience and burn risk. So am I right about being stuck with hot glass pieces between puffs on the Silver Surfer? That would suck as it might kill it for me as it's the one and only downside if I'm right about that.

Is the Vapexhale Cloud portable/cordless or corded? Do you HAVE to use that water piece? I prefer waterless vaping. How much can it hold at a time? Due to its price I would have to sell the Volcano to get this one, but I'll read more about it such as whether it's battery or AC powered and if it can be used without a water piece.

Other than the Silver Surfer and Vapexhale what are other bagless vapes that hold at least double that the Solo holds?

Thanks
I can't think of any vaporizer better for the high tolerance user than the Cloud. The SSV is great, but its still a soldering iron heating element.

The Cloud is corded and with all glass interior, you want it on a desk where it stays mostly put. You'll fairly soon be able to buy the vapexhale unit without the hydratube, but at the package price you'll be getting the hydratube at such a discount you might be able to resell it on the classifieds un-used and come out ahead.

This video shows you about the max you'd want to fit in the Cloud's bowl piece:

As for using the cloud without water, you can use something similar to this
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glas...aqua-lab-tech-clear-j-hook-adapter-18-mm.html
Best way to go about that would be to contact a local (or online) glassblower directly and have him make one that goes upward and curves into a nice mouthpiece. Its a fairly simple thing so you very well could get that cheaper than the aqualab J-hook

SD_haze,

OO

Technical Skeptical
have you tried tinctures?

another option is to combust before vaping, i'm aware that this technique is effective for many, as well as just waiting for the vape to kick in.

as for heavy hitters, the supreme vape and the herbalaire both qualify as such, but stronger than anything is the skinny pete, a Pasteur pipette.

OO,

vapeguy

What do you mean by tinctures? like a liquid herb extract? Is that the same effect? How does it compare to vaping? Why would people buy vapes if tinctures worked well?

The Vapexhale seems good but I don't like that huge glass piece, it looks expensive and I've already broken quite a few Arizer Solo glass stems. It's also quite pricey, but it's not out of the question yet.

I've seen a video of the Silver Surfer and it doesn't seem like the glass wand would have time to get very hot, but it does seem like it's open ended and that the herb could very easily fall out if it's turned upside down, is that right? Can it still be left to lay flat with no herb coming out?

So far the Silver Surfer seems to be one of my top choices but I'll still look around. I think I'll buy the new one, whichever I choose, before selling one of mine because when I sold the Volcano to get the EQ I regretted it and resold the EQ and re-bought a Volcano, I don't want to go through that again. I don't know why the EQ seemed to work poorly for me despite high reviews.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The wand of the SSV doesn't get too hot, I've never burned myself on the wand (I've had a few close encounters with Solo stems :lol:)
The wand is open, so yes, the herb could fall out if you hold it upside down, I've never really had many issues with that though.
When you put the whip down, I developed a habit of coiling up the tubing under the wand, so it sat at a bit of an angle, so the opening of the wand always faced slightly upwards.

7th floor also make the Life Saber Vaporiser (LSV), which is pretty much my favourite vape I own.
Normally I wouldn't recommend it after you said you don't like to vape through glass (which is my preference), since that is kinda what the LSV was designed for, but it is still a great direct draw device with the transfer wand, and there is currently an awesome sale on.
http://lifesabervaporizer.com/lsv.html
$190 down from $350 :tup:
You could also look into getting a Fatty Transfer Wand Adapter for bigger loads if the LSV's usual amount of herb isn't enough for you.

:2c::peace:

Frederick McGuire,

vapeguy

Firstly it's not that I don't like glass, but I want the glass parts to be cheap because I WILL be breaking it regularly so it has to be cheap to replace.

Wow, that Life Saber Vaporizer seems like my #1 choice so far but I need to learn more about it, I love the look of it too.

Firstly the power cord seems to come out from under it so I assume you can't stand it up? Anyway it's so tall that it might as well be made that way.

Secondly how much herb does the LSV hold? Can you leave the "wand" in without burning the herb?

Lastly, the "wand" seems unnecessarily long but I see they have a short one which they say is to use with the "vapor tamer" (whatever that is), can you just use the short wand anyway? Edit: Saw they have a flexible whip, even better!

So far I think the LSV moved to my #1 choice.

What does the Vapexhale do more and is it worth paying more than double the price? Plus as I said the glass piece for it looks expensive.

Thanks

vapeguy,

max

Out to lunch
What does the Vapexhale do more and is it worth paying more than double the price? Plus as I said the glass piece for it looks expensive.

Thanks
The Cloud doesn't care how hard you hit it. The LSV does. As with the other 7th Floor models, and others that just rely on the heating element to retain temp, you can easily overcome the element with a big hit. So draw speed plays into the temp setting, as well as where you have the temp set. With the Cloud, good heat retention means no learning curve.

If you're sure you're going to break glass though, you're better off with something cheaper than a Cloud. Personally, if I were convinced of certain breakage, I'd stay away from glass completely, although I do think it's pretty easy to avoid breaking a wand, as long as you're not relying on others to take the same care that you would.

max,

vapeguy

To be honest I probably "only" broke 2 or 3 Solo stems in over a year so it's not too bad. As long as the glass pieces are under $15 it's acceptable, but with the whip option for the LSV that eliminates almost all glass outside of the machine.

So for now the LSV is my #1 choice, how many grams can it hold in a load without packing it tight? How does it compare to the SSV?

The LSV/SSV don't even have a thermostat right? It's basically a heating element on a dimmer? That is a downside but it's still my #1 so far unless I find something better.

What about the S&B Plenty? No one mentioned it which is probably not a good sign.

vapeguy,

vapeguy

Wow, I just saw the price of the glass pieces for the Vapexhale ($225), that one would cost me well over $1000 a year just in glass, about as much as the herb would cost.

That's definitely out of the question due to the cost of the glass piece, but it does look like an awesome vape for someone that gets along well with glass.

So that crosses one off the list.

vapeguy,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Volcano problems:

Come on ! Change your habits, put less stuff, use a smaller bag. I cut 42cm bags, and I don't fill them to the max. I use .08 loads, its just enough.

For the leaks, are you using easy valve ? Switch to solid valve so you can do small balloons. The volcano solid valve gets leaky only when not used properly. With the proper setup it's totally leak proof, not like the easy shitty one.

You need to experiment a little more with your volcano before thinking of buying another expensive piece. So buy a solid valve, and don't sell your volcano so soon, cause you're gonna miss it for sure.

Its not a weed consuming vape. He is really efficient. Just because of the large chamber and big default balloons, people tend to put a lot of stuff in it, but is not an obligation, this machine also works amazingly good with small amounts too.

Roger D,

vapeguy

I always felt the Volcano performed quite poorly with such small loads, are you using anything to fill up the extra space? There's also the fact that since it can take that much it's hard to limit myself, I prefer something that forces me to use less.

About leaks, I do have the solid valve and it seems to leak from all around the valve itself. I must say I check for leaks in a dark room by pointing a bright flashlight around the valve and it leaks like crazy from all around and my valve is properly assembled. Perhaps in normal light conditions you can't see this.

I've had a Volcano for many years, it's true that at first I seemed to use less but now I often tend to fill the chamber all the way up, which is probably 1-2 grams per load.

In any case, I prefer a direct inhale vape than one that uses bags which allow for leaks, vapor to condensate and "dissapear", and added cost and maintenance. I would much prefer a vaporizer like the Arizer solo but that isn't cordless and that holds more at a time and the LSV seems to be just that.

vapeguy,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
1-2 grams per load :o is too much. Pretty sure you're lowering efficiency with such loads, creating heat points inside the chamber, killing the air flow.

I load between 0.06-0.25 grams never more ! There is no extra space to fill if you push the grill just on top of your herb.

Witch size your balloons are ?
I really don't have any of the problems you talk about, I also check for leaks with a flashlight , when there is any, I change the balloon. You may also need to change the rubber who holds the balloon.

Are your parts/grills clean ? Maintenance means performance, when the grills are clogged with resin, you're just heating your herb away

For the condensation, you have 10 minutes to kick the balloon. That's why I use a really small 42cm balloon so I generally don't need more than 5 minutes to consume it.
Inflate less ! So you can put less.

Anyway, I understand about the problems of the balloon, its kinda noisy and stuff, and the condensation part is annoying too

If I had the money for a new piece, I'll buy the cloud. But I will never sell my volcano. Really for a waterless vape, Its one of the most unbreakable pieces.

I don't see what kind of vape would meets your needs better, but I'm pretty sure you will find out some good stuff

Roger D,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I have a Da Buddha from Seventh Floor and have had it for years. i love it today just as much as i did when i bought it, if not more!! with the Buddha's hands free ground glass connections you CAN leave it in the glass heater cover in between hits (most people don't but you can, cause i used to do this) so you don't have to lay it down. when i do take it out in between hits i do the coil thing with the tube (which was suggested earlier) and lay the wand on the tube with it angled slightly upward. the buddha is almost the same as the SSV just easier on the budget and maybe the hits are different but since i never hit a SSV i can't speak to that. i will say i get HUGE hits from my Buddha and it's even better when i use the waterpipe adapter and hook it up to my ZOB bubbler.

mmenzie,

weedemon

enthusiast
Any reason you recommend the SSV over the LSV? They seem basically functionally the same but in a different design and I prefer the LSV's design.

Thanks

I hear hte LSV is a great vape too but, I've never had the pleasure of using and LSV. (that's the only reason) but I know I would buy the SSV again in a heartbeat if i needed a vape in a pinch. they have the same element so I would say the LSV would also be another great choice. but... I've never used it. I am only saying that based off what I have read and heard others tell me. I just want to put that disclaimer out there and make that clear! :) I'm sure the LSV is great too!

and about your volcano useage. I have no place telling you how to vape your stash, but myself personally I never fill it more than 5mm thick or so, an that's a heavy load then!! I usually just cover the bottom so that i can't see the screen.

weedemon,

vapeguy

I think filling the Volcano to the edge is a bad habit I developed just recently, I'll take it out soon and try small loads and see how it goes. However I like that the Solo forces me to vape in moderation, I'm not exagerating when I say my herb cost went up at least 400% when I switched from the solo to the Volcano (and I used to have a Volcano before the Solo too).

Anyway last time I sold my Volcano to get an EQ, didn't like the EQ, resold it at a huge loss and bought back a Volcano (it happened that a friend was selling his and I got a good deal). I got my lesson last time, this time I'll buy my new vape (likely the LSV), test it for at least a week, and then decide if I resell the new one or the Volcano.

By the way I'm not sure I got a clear answer on how much herb the LSV holds, and did I dream or did I read about an adapter that allows "6 times more herb", or is that for another vape?

Thanks for all the input.

vapeguy,

vapeguy

I have another question, on the order form I can choose a water pipe adapter size, I think I gave away my water pipe so I guess I should go with the most popular size? If so which size is that? And what about the water pipe adapter length, should I get long or short? Is this different than the "transfer/wand/mouthpiece" (the long glass tube you'd normally inhale from)?

Thanks

vapeguy,
You can go either way. 14mm can sit flush into pretty much any water pipe. If you go 18mm you might as well get an 18mm water pipe, or you'll need an expander to make it fit.

It's worth it to get an expander and a reducer anyways just so you have them on hand.

kingofnull,

OF

I'm going to suggest my traditional recommendation, Herbalaire. Great temperature control, built in adapters for both size water pipes, blows bags if you want. Runs about .5 grams a charge, comes with extra crucibles so you can swap out and keep on if you're not done. Being true convection you can also shut down mid session and pick it up later.

Tough as nails, glass filled nylon body, Teflon seals, probably couldn't break in on a bet. Simple too, load it up, plug it in, set the temperature, when the lights shift (less than two minutes?) you're good to go. You'll have change left over from your used Volcano, too.

OF

OF,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom