• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
coma-boy said:
smoknaces said:
I think anyone who doesnt believe that the volcano is the best unit in terms of vapor delivery is probably in denial of some sort.
Too true. The only reason that everyone doesn't love Canos is the price. Although you'll hear all sorts of alternative reasons from those in denial.

After an exhausting couple of weeks trying many, many alternatives, I can conclude that nothing else comes close.
are you saying that the people who claim that the volcano uses too much herb compared to other vapes are wrong?

SSS,

steven22

Iv never used a volcano, but I Can say im pretty fricken satisfied with my Extreme.... and I primarily only use the bag system also... my glass never broke.. its actually good glass, its fell a couple times too (except cyclone bowl, that is delicate, but i dont see that falling on the floor too often, it stays on the unit)

I cant imagine how much better the volcano supposedly is compared to the extreme. but is it really $400 better? (for classic one not digit) hell... with the new extreme Q's selling at $150.... I dont know how much better a volcano would be for $400 more... or $500 more for the digit version that has a digital screen that the extreme already has... not to mention the remote control that I use daily.

steven22,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Too true. The only reason that everyone doesn't love Canos is the price. Although you'll hear all sorts of alternative reasons from those in denial.

After an exhausting couple of weeks trying many, many alternatives, I can conclude that nothing else comes close.
If price wasn't a factor I may have a Volcano, although it still wouldn't get used. I don't LOVE volcano's and i have used one at least 25 or more times. Bag's are the lowliest form of vapor delivery IMO. In my opinion if it wasn't for hype, people would steer away from the volcano. overrated, IMO.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
coma-boy...can you elaborate on your selection process? Most cano fans have not been around the block with other vapes. I'm interested to know what models you tested and why you like the cano better.

stickstones,

reece

coma-boy said:
smoknaces said:
I think anyone who doesnt believe that the volcano is the best unit in terms of vapor delivery is probably in denial of some sort.

A conclusion is the place where we decide to stop thinking (paraphrase).

Or, maybe, just maybe, not everyone thinks as you guys do. Maybe not everyone values the same things in vaporizers that you guys do. Or, maybe, using your logic, you guys need to justify the money you've spent. I bet you guys equate quality and value with price. So you just went for the most expensive vaporizer you could find.

I'm just turning it around on you so that hopefully you can see how ridiculous your statement was.

So you only spent two weeks trying alternatives? How many exactly? I've been vaporizing over 5 years. My first experience was with a Volcano. Actually my first two experiences were Volcanos. It was quite cool. After another bout of bronchitis (which I have not had since switching to vapor) I stopped smoking (mostly). Being that the Volcano was the only one I had tried, I looked into it first. What I immediately realized was the Volcano was absolutely impractical for my needs. How do I hide it quickly? Where do I store it for easy access? If someone sees it, how do I explain it away? "Oh, that's my spaceship paperweight." :uhoh: There were a bunch of concerns revolving around stealth, mainly.

My first vaporizer cost 300 bucks. The Supreme Vaporizer, which hits much better than the Volcano in my opinion. About 3 or 4 years later I bought an Iolite for $250. Then I discovered FC and a few months after buying the Iolite I bought Launch Box for ~$75. A couple of months later I bought a MyrtleZap for $160. (edit: I also bought a Launch Box for a friend's b-day two weeks ago, $100)

So in just a few months I've spent almost the cost of a Volcano. My overall vape purchases exceeds the cost of the Volcano. So, tell me again how the price of the Volcano influenced my decision?

And I'll tell you, I think all of my choices are better for me than the Volcano.

But I'm probably lying about all of that because you already know what goes on in "everyone's" head.

If you pay attention around FC you'll see I am not an aberration. Quite a few members have purchased multiple vaporizers. Some even buy more than one of the same kind. I think there are many factors in why some don't choose the Volcano. Surely price is one of those. But not the only or even the overriding factor.

reece,

lwien

coma-boy said:

Coma-boy, while I totally respect YOUR feelings that for YOU, the 'Cano is the best, what I suggest is that you give the same respect for others who feel that it's not the best, for THEM, rather than claiming that they are in some sort of denial which implies that they are wrong and you are right.

As has been said sooooo many times before in this forum, there is no one best vape, and that goes for ALL of them. Not everyone is going to like every vape, and just because some of them don't have a love for a Volcano doesn't mean that they are denying anything, but in fact, may be in LESS denial than those that have a 'Cano love affair, for a counter argument could be made that Volcano fan boys are in denial to the fact that there are other vapes out there that may provide a much better vaping experience while at the same time, costing a WHOLE bunch less.

Personally, I don't think that anyone is in denial here more than the fact that different people just like different vapes for different reasons.

lwien,

Konrad_Zuse

coma-boy said:
smoknaces said:

Maybe you're both in denial for loving the units? Coma, I would love to know what "alternatives" you've tried in a "few weeks." I've seen a cano, I know how it works, and I can say it doesn't compare to something like the Herbalaire, which is a tri-function vape. It's 1/3 the price as well. The Cano might be pretty efficient, and might be able to blow "bags" but for those, like me, who like a whip on their vape, the cano isn't where it's at. Also the Cano doesn't have the taste comparison to rival any of the top tasters like VHW.

Konrad_Zuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll put my SSV up against a Volcano any day for taste and punch. I'd love to see a 'cano-only-vaper choke on the second and third whip hits from the SSV. My SSV can make even regular bong smokers gag!

stickstones,

Konrad_Zuse

stickstones said:
I'll put my SSV up against a Volcano any day for taste and punch. I'd love to see a 'cano-only-vaper choke on the second and third whip hits from the SSV. My SSV can make even regular bong smokers gag!
Yeah, the ssv gives some pretty sick rips, but I would love to see some "regular" bong smokers hit my SV :).

Konrad_Zuse,

Plant

I use my whip attached to the bag works fine is also less noise now the bag just lays there and shrinks. The volcano is deffinately not the best vaporizer but it's good, mine cost the same as the Stealth i got, but that one is super that realy is "the Rolls Royce of whip vaporizers".

When i use the cano i use way way more weed, have to use a high setting 8/9 to get the same vapor results as with the Stealth but then the taste is not as good. It is easier you have to pay less attention then using the Stealth, at lower settings the cano does have a more uniform taste as with a whip. but i can take bong sized hits with the Stealth and they are so super tasty

I have the PDP coming next, in a few weeks see how that is,:)

Plant,

P0KERF1SH

I should add that I bought the Cano since I read that it would save me $. The fact is my consumption went up quite a bit from when I was combusting. In order for the Volcano to work well especially with the lazy valve! you have to use about the size of nickel coin of ground up material. Now I use 50% less than I used to when I combusted. That said the V does rock as a party vape...

P0KERF1SH,

CharlieBelmont

They were always intriguing to me, but there was no way I would ever drop retail for one. Then, a classic popped up on CL and I snagged it for a smooth hundie - done.

I had never tried one before, and I had the mind to just flip it, but nah!

Does it replace the thick intense bursts you can get off a log or whip? NO... So if that's ALL you are after, forget it...but it does what it does very well.

It can be economical for one person if you just barely cover the screen and raise the temp 3 times/bowl making 3 bags - then its spent. Some stirring/recrunching in between. About the same as a few bowls from a one hitter. Less intense for me overall than WDZ or whip, but nice in its own different way and pretty lasting.

Also, it's a cool device. I enjoy filling it up and I like the noise it makes, and I like clicking the nozzle on... All part of the tradition with it, just like any other vape you get connected to. I probably wouldn't even take 300 for it now. That said WDZ will still be used most because I still heart thick rips the most, and still most economical of my collec.

600 = no
100 = yes
300 = maybe

coma-boy

Ha, yes well perhaps I should have added "IMHO". (Plus I do enjoy stating opinion as fact!)

Just enjoy pointing out how it is mostly the high price that affects other's opinion of this amazing product.

HA I liked, but a hassle to use, and certainly didn't think much of the SSV. IMHO. IMHO!!! IMHO!!!

Cano remains as my favourite, but who knows, perhaps all us Cano owners are in denial too.

coma-boy,

stinac

coma-boy said:
HA I liked, but a hassle to use!
can u explain this ? just put weed in one piece and blow bag under 1 minute is hassle ?
For me DBV is hassle to use, but HA is no brainer

stinac,

Konrad_Zuse

coma-boy said:
Ha, yes well perhaps I should have added "IMHO". (Plus I do enjoy stating opinion as fact!)

Just enjoy pointing out how it is mostly the high price that affects other's opinion of this amazing product.

HA I liked, but a hassle to use, and certainly didn't think much of the SSV. IMHO. IMHO!!! IMHO!!!

Cano remains as my favourite, but who knows, perhaps all us Cano owners are in denial too.
Or the fact that I could get a Herbalaire for 1/3 the price which does a better job than the cano? First off Cano is a bag only vape, so half of the users in this forum wont buy it. 2nd the price is redic, you keep saying price is the only factor, and even if it is, it's still redic overpriced. 700$? I could buy 3 vapes with that amount, doing bags, whip, and portable. Why get a cano? They are overhyped, overrated, and aren't the best, so why get one? Don't get into the "IMHO" you cannot say we are "all in denial" then craw into IMHO bullshit.

Screwdriver

Being an expensive bag only vape.....hmm, do I need to keep going on? It's like if the only sex I got was with my right hand.....It may work, but it's not the best.

Screwdriver,

Wolface

I agree! $700 could buy multiple cool vapes! Makes life more interesting to try a few different models instead of being chained to a tabletop in the house.

Wolface,

coma-boy

HA's double plug is a hassle, especially here in Asia with multiple adaptors. The one I tried "seemed" less efficient than the Cano, took longer to warm up, fill a bag, etc. The HA owner now wants a Cano too after trying mine.

Anyway, probably EVERY vape is fucking good.

My strong (and provocative) views on my Cano should be testament as to how brilliant the Cano is, just as the passionate views of others shows how good the cheaper vaporizer alternatives are.

Just as long as we're not fucking combusting, and still getting high, then VAPE and let VAPE!

The Volcano rules! Other vapes for other tastes also rule! All vaporizers rule! All vaporists rule!

FUCK COMBUSTION!

coma-boy

Wolface said:
$700 could buy multiple cool vapes! Makes life more interesting to try a few different models instead of being chained to a tabletop in the house.
Exactly, time for a portable too.

Fuck knows which is the best, and finding agreement on any one product here is gonna be impossible! As with the Cano, performance is more important for me than price. Perhaps I'll fall for i-Olite's heavy marketing, but hopefully it's actually the best portable.

coma-boy,

Plant

i'll just say one thing a cano buyer is crazy for paying alot of money for a bag only vape but all you glass lovers out there are not crazy for spending a shit load more on some fancy glass. hell i like it but i can get like 10 bongs for the price of one. and i'm not even talking about the really sick glass pieces just a simple RooR bong so explain me that then

Plant,

Konrad_Zuse

Plant said:
i'll just say one thing a cano buyer is crazy for paying alot of money for a bag only vape but all you glass lovers out there are not crazy for spending a shit load more on some fancy glass. hell i like it but i can get like 10 bongs for the price of one. and i'm not even talking about the really sick glass pieces just a simple RooR bong so explain me that then
Ugh lets see. The cano is a 700$ prodo item, while glass is usually a custom made piece, or ACTUALLY takes TIME to blow the pieces, not something on a prodo line. Glass is a collector item to most, people want nice pieces to use, and to experience, usually with the vaporbongs like the vhw or the sv, or even normal home vapes like the extreme are amazing. You cannot vaporbong a cano, can you? Some bong companies are more expensive than others, it doesn't mean all glass is expensive. Hell I could buy 3 of the bubbler I just got, and have the same amount as a cano :).

coma-boy said:
HA's double plug is a hassle, especially here in Asia with multiple adaptors. The one I tried "seemed" less efficient than the Cano, took longer to warm up, fill a bag, etc. The HA owner now wants a Cano too after trying mine.

Anyway, probably EVERY vape is fucking good.

My strong (and provocative) views on my Cano should be testament as to how brilliant the Cano is, just as the passionate views of others shows how good the cheaper vaporizer alternatives are.

Just as long as we're not fucking combusting, and still getting high, then VAPE and let VAPE!

The Volcano rules! Other vapes for other tastes also rule! All vaporizers rule! All vaporists rule!

FUCK COMBUSTION!
Ok, now you're saying one is better because of the adaptors needed for you? haha okay, so it's not the units, but what you have to go through to use the units. All of the HA owners I know can use the high output pumps and get tookez bags full in 4 mins.

Konrad_Zuse,

Plant

RooR is also prodo line same as the cheap bongs i mean thease are made in india orso. And it is the simple bongs i was talking about not the customs, and hell it all takes time to be put together, and i know with glass there is a failure rate but thats mostly for the custom parts, but if i hear someone say that a small straith tube from RooR is the best and they payed like $300 for it, i'm like OK, if i buy the same tube maybe thinner glass but i can break that sucker 10 times and i still would be cheaper, and i don't feel the difference. With the customs i can totally understand the high prices and the wanting something special most of it can realy be considered art.

and FYI i did not pay the full price for the cano it was new but i payd like $400 for it and i could have gotten the digital for the sam price, but hell who wants a digital anyways its all bullshit, a temp indicator on a bag filler!!! who the hell does that???
i have a digital indicator on the Stealth, it doesn't give an acurate reading hell it's not even in the ballpark ,according to the dig.indicator the best tem to suck is between 60 and 70C! use it more as a guideline to see when i can suck IMO it's just a hype the digital readouts

Plant,
Reactions: Jared

Konrad_Zuse

Plant said:
RooR is also prodo line same as the bongs i mean and it is the simple bongs i was talking about not the customs and hell it all takes time to be put together and i know with glass there is a high failure rate but thats mostly for the custom parts but if i hear someone say that a small straith tube from RooR is the best and they payed like $300 for it, i'm like OK, if i buy the same tube maybe thinner glass but i can break that sucker 10 times and i still would be cheaper, and i don't feel the difference. With the customs i can totally understand the high prices and the wanting something special most of it can realy be considered art.

and FYI i did not pay the full price for the cano it was new but i payd like $400 for it and i could have gotten the digital for the sam price, but hell who wants a digital anyways its all bullshit, a temp indicator on a bag filler!!! who the hell does that???
i have a digital indicator on the Stealth, it doesn't give an acurate reading hell it's not even in the ballpark ,according to the dig.indicator the best tem to suck is between 60 and 70C! use it more as a guideline to see when i can suck IMO it's just a hype the digital readouts
Well, yes, there are "prodo" line glass, but they are all blown, there is a phx video showing the steps to making it. Some glass can break, cheap crap or stuff that is china made, or thin pieces. Most pieces are thicker and made with boro :). As for digital readouts most are pretty accurate. Well 60C-70C? That's hella low, something is wrong with your unit, or the unit itself. Never have experienced the stealth or their products, but they are also pricey, and have never heard anything about them. It's not "hype" because my Extreme's digital readout is about spot on, if not a few degrees off.

Konrad_Zuse,

Plant

what i mean with prodo is mass production i live in holland if i go to a headshopp i can get a 4mm clear tube 35cm also made out of boro even a hex foot for $15 no name made by some indian guy for $2 only cuzz RooR has to pay german hands to blow there shit and they print RooR on it, it costs 10x more

and i know there is something wrong with the dig readout but when i turn the knob the temp also changes but it's just not indicating the vaporzone, there is nothing wrong with the unit itself it works just fine and is super BTW it's an al glass a heating chamber, and it has the best taste of a whip vape i have tasted. It's right up there with the VHW, de Verdamper and the herborizer. And if i didn't have to pay shippingcost and then AGAIN customs i could get it fixed. But a dig readout just doesn't do anything for me and i don't realy need the dig temp indicated as long as i'm in the zone which is what they al realy are. analog or dig dig is just more proned to failure.

If it was in one to ten on a dig readout or a some other form would also be ok
the acctual temp wel that's the one you don't know cuzz there is just to many factors to get a constant reliable temp you can say the readout is accurate but is the temp realy always the same diff herbs diff densities and which vape measure the temp inside the herbs? and not talking about the herbchamber. as long as that doesn't happen dig is BS IMO

but enough Hijacking

Plant,
Reactions: Jared

neilito

First of all, some forum contributors should try to be less antagonistic. It's so passe. Life is short, make somebody happy.

Now, my story. I agree that the volcano is overpriced and I think it's a cool idea to try out a bunch of different vapes instead. Personally, I chose the volcano because my first vaporizer was the vapir and it had major combustion problems. I decided to bite the bullet and buy the quote-unquote cadillac model because it pissed me off that I had wasted my money on the first product (in fact, it's sitting in a box in my basement). I still don't think the cano is that expensive if it is saving you from smoking. Cost of well-being: priceless.

I'm sure there are many awesome vapes out there and I've read about many of them. But for me, caveat emptor led me to choose a model that was time-tested and well-received. I have since decided on a PD as well because of its beauty, utility, efficacy, and reliable reputation. I think in this instance and with other quality vapes, any comparison is less a matter of either/or and more a case of both/and. Let's all celebrate the Age of Vapor. B. Y. O. V.

Peace and all that jazz

JAH RASTAFARI

neilito

neilito,
Reactions: Linard
Top Bottom