• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

coma-boy

So what forum do dedicated Cano fans use?

It does seem a little odd that "lesser products" are discussed here much more than the Volcano. I guess it's a price thing.

Surely if every vaporizer cost exactly the same, everyone would be with S&B?.

Personally I think it's worth paying the extra for a Volcano, especially as it pays for itself within a few weeks/months. I have two of the fuckers. Love them more than my friends and family.

Raf007

Retailer
I have a Cano, I like it a lot !!
I like all my vapes !
But it can't feed all the needs, like a thick whip puff, or a bong hit.

Raf007,

Wolface

The cano is a bit of a dinosaur IMHO. Other vapes being discussed here are not lesser products, The lack of cano talk here speaks for itself! If you want to see killer vapor, check out vids of The Supreme vaporizer in action!:ko: When I first arrived here on the forums I too was looking at the cano but only because of popularity and word of mouth. After researching alot in here you may have a different outlook.

Wolface,
I only have love for my Volcano
That thing is expensive but it kick ass
I still ordered a PD, it seem more practical when alone.

Big Dick Baller,

spikyvape

I also got a digit today i sold mine some months ago and tried some other vapes.

But most of the vapes are more like smoking imho, 90% of the users vape at to high
temperatures, me also with a vape like SSV or like that.

But really love the cano ;)

German quality :brow:

spikyvape,

lwien

spikyvape said:
vapes.

But most of the vapes are more like smoking imho, 90% of the users vape at to high
temperatures.....
And your 90% number came from where? Most of the vapes (other than the 'Cano) are more like smoking? Huh? :shrug:

lwien,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
for me, owning a volcano to vape would be like driving a sherman tank to the corner store.

SSS,

Wolface

OK, I agree about the volcano being top notch quality but, for the same amount of $$ you could buy an Extreme Q, Magic flight box and a Supreme! Then you would have 3 excellent vapes to cover all your vaping needs at home or on the go!

Wolface,
Reactions: Vapor X

baurman

I bought me a used Volcano for $300 and I still don't think it has paid for itself yet. I'm using the same amount that I use when I load a bowl to combust, because in order for it to work properly and have a good vapor:air ratio I need to cover the screen of the chamber, and that's about .1-.2 of finely ground herb. If I don't, I find myself being unsatisfied and wanting to load even more in the chamber to get where I want to be. The only thing it does that makes it a tad bit more efficient than combusting, is the fact that I can vape the ABV at higher temperatures to get a small buzz out of it, but I definitely do not get "high" off the ABV once I already run 2 bags at 382-392. nothing beats a fresh bowl at 382 for me, because I do admit that, that 1 bag gets me where I want to be for 3 hours with about 0.1g of herb.
If you can get it used for a few hundred bucks, then go for it. The only reason I am content with the Volcano for now is because for the time being it's more efficient than combusting, and that if I ever want to sell it, I can profit from it. Although, I might just keep it and just bring it out when friends are over.

baurman,
Personally I vape at
First bag : 360 F
Second Bag : 370 F
Third Bag : 380 F
What temperature do you guys use?

Big Dick Baller,

luchiano

baurman said:
I bought me a used Volcano for $300 and I still don't think it has paid for itself yet. I'm using the same amount that I use when I load a bowl to combust, because in order for it to work properly and have a good vapor:air ratio I need to cover the screen of the chamber, and that's about .1-.2 of finely ground herb. If I don't, I find myself being unsatisfied and wanting to load even more in the chamber to get where I want to be. The only thing it does that makes it a tad bit more efficient than combusting, is the fact that I can vape the ABV at higher temperatures to get a small buzz out of it, but I definitely do not get "high" off the ABV once I already run 2 bags at 382-392. nothing beats a fresh bowl at 382 for me, because I do admit that, that 1 bag gets me where I want to be for 3 hours with about 0.1g of herb.
If you can get it used for a few hundred bucks, then go for it. The only reason I am content with the Volcano for now is because for the time being it's more efficient than combusting, and that if I ever want to sell it, I can profit from it. Although, I might just keep it and just bring it out when friends are over.
You know you can get higher with fresh herb if you go up to at least 420f?

With ABV a lot of thc is oxidized into cbn due to the high heat and excess oxygen that has gone through it but if you mix the abv with some new bud it will add to the stone(body affects) from the cbn.

Listen everyone if you vape below 392f, a lot of good chemicals are being left behind such as beta-carophyllene which is good for the immune system and gives relaxing affects and in the case thc are being oxidized as time goes on so if you vape at a later time you won't get more out of it.

You should start low and go higher to prevent smoke from the burning of lower temperature oil but certain vaporizers aren't good with holding temperature so you may still get combustion but if you own a volcano this shouldn't be a problem.

luchiano,

lwien

luchiano said:

With ABV a lot of thc is oxidized into cbn due to the high heat and excess oxygen that has gone through it but if you mix the abv with some new bud it will add to the stone(body affects) from the cbn.

Listen everyone if you vape below 392f, a lot of good chemicals are being left behind such as beta-carophyllene which is good for the immune system and gives relaxing affects and in the case thc are being oxidized as time goes on so if you vape at a later time you won't get more out of it.

You should start low and go higher to prevent smoke from the burning of lower temperature oil but certain vaporizers aren't good with holding temperature so you may still get combustion but if you own a volcano this shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah, but there's a trade off being that as soon as you hit 382f, you're startin' to get some of the bad stuff along with the good stuff and the higher up you go, the more of the bad stuff that your gettin', eh?

lwien,
Why no love for the Volcano hmmm 1.OVERPRICED !!! , 2. Only does bags , 3 aluminum heater ( I prefer ceramic )

BcBud420,

coma-boy

Big Dick Baller said:
What temperature do you guys use?
First - 185C
Second - 188C
Third - 190C

Then a quick crumble/regrind in the palm of my hand followed by as many bags as 190C fills with vapor.

(If ganj is pure/mostly sativa often start at 180C).

Cano is KING!

coma-boy,

luchiano

lwien said:
luchiano said:

Yeah, but there's a trade off being that as soon as you hit 382f, you're startin' to get some of the bad stuff along with the good stuff and the higher up you go, the more of the bad stuff that your gettin', eh?
That's why you start low then go high, the burning of the volatile low temperature oils are what make the benzenes and tars. That is why you vape at different temperatres that prevent burning of each chemical while still getting high.

Plant fibers burn at a higher temperature than the oils we want so if you go low to high you don't have to worry about negative chemicals being made as long as you stay under 440f.
The study that showed the benzene, carbon monoxide, and tar being made saw the beginnings of these at around 385f and it is due to the volatile oils being burned at these high temperatures. If they would've started off lower and made a gradual raise no carcinogenic compounds would have been made due to no burning of oils occuring plus a high amount of oils and positive chemicals would have been released but the study was taken at the beginning of the vape craze and it still is new so in time more info will come out about what I'm stating so if you have an accurate temp vape I think you should be happy you have it and use it at it's fullest ability and not just start and stick with medium range temperatures. You should get the whole spectrum so you can get all the health and high from cannabis and get it fast as opposed to eating which takes longer.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I usually start at 365 F, but I do 2 or 3 bags, and then I regrind/crush in palm of hand for a couple more bags at 390 F. But I usually only use my Volcano with groups of 4 or more, as I'm an impatient toker, and I hate the wait time.

A person CAN mimic a wand-based vape utilizing a clear tube sized to fit over the chamber's spout. However, you have to hold it onto the Volcano as you pass it around. A true party excess.

macbill,

coma-boy

macbill said:
But I usually only use my Volcano with groups of 4 or more, as I'm an impatient toker, and I hate the wait time.
What wait time? Can't take more than about 30 seconds to fill a bag. That's some serious impatience!

coma-boy,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
coma-boy said:
macbill said:
But I usually only use my Volcano with groups of 4 or more, as I'm an impatient toker, and I hate the wait time.
What wait time? Can't take more than about 30 seconds to fill a bag. That's some serious impatience!
If you want to take a hit, it takes a couple minutes to heat up. Sure, when it's heated up no probs. But it automatically turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Usually, I just want a few hits.

I leave my PD on all the time. No wait time. I also like my glass and/or wooden Vapor Genie. No wait time. And I really like my Iolite. A little wait time, but so portable - even moving around the house.

macbill,

coma-boy

Think my Digit switches off after 30 mins, my Classic stays on I think.

And from cold it only takes a couple of mins to heat up, then you can leave it on all day.

Reckon it's worth the wait.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
coma-boy said:
Think my Digit switches off after 30 mins, my Classic stays on I think.

And from cold it only takes a couple of mins to heat up, then you can leave it on all day.

Reckon it's worth the wait.
I have a digit and it turns off with inactivity. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer not waiting for the 2 min heat-up unless I'm entertaining - then my Volcano is used constantly. Everyone has a favorite manner of ingesting: your fav is every bit as valid as mine.

In the end, its all good.

macbill,
Top Bottom