• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano South

I bought mine a few months ago after an extensive usage session at a VW festival. For the record I've got the latest "revision" Volcano (classic) with the Lazy Valve (easy valve).

I notice a lot of people complain about it's price, but I know people who smoke as much as the cost of the Volcano in two weeks. I'm just saying, anyone who spends money on quality product two, three or more times a month can afford it if they really want. Another point is, I don't see any other Vaporizer OEM websites that are as extensively detailed as S&B's website. There's pictures of scientists and engineers with a room full of Volcanos. The R&D they've put into it is no joke. To paraphrase Erowid -- Know your mind, know your source, know body. The research I've seen on the Volcano alone makes me absolutely trust it as a device. I trust papers because well they're papers. Same with glass. Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal. I just wouldn't feel comfortable vaping out of any other Vaporizer because I don't feel like I know the people behind it.

Some people don't like bags, yeah I can understand that. Can't argue with you if you prefer a whip.

Some people say "my friends don't like waiting on bags to fill" -- to that I say your friends are assholes and if you're generous enough to share your Vaporizer with them tell them to GTFO ---> In stark contrast, my friends find it neat and interesting as the bag fills. PS - It takes 30 seconds on a stock bag, big deal.

"Volcano is too big/loud or it's not portable." Hey, I don't live with my parents. If hiding your vaping device is a concern for your parents/grandparents/spouse/significant other figure out a way around it. My TV at regular volume drowns out the Volcano.

I just wanted to end this with, this is not a paid advertisement for anyone. I'm not a shill, bot, plant or anything of the sort. I've just noticed NO ONE gives the 'Cano love on most vaporizer forums. What's the deal?

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
we just dont seem to have many members that like the volcano, that mostly just how it happened

i think most people find this forum while looking for alternatives for the volcano, the volcano certainly gets enough exposure elsewhere, but this forum has tons of info on the lesser known vapes, namely the extreme, which seems to be the primary representative of the bag vapes here

also there are some things that many here find questionable about the volcanos construction, namely that the air path travels through the electronics and the aluminum heating block, while it may be safe for use, is generally looked down upon in the face of ceramic

oh and there are many people here that do just prefer whips, im one of them

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Reactions: CapeDank

Volcano South

I hope everyone took my post in good spirits, I was not trying to be harsh but merely defending the Volcano.

I haven't found any "Active Volcano" (haha) forums. Really I haven't found much, if ANY love for the Volcano anywhere on the Internet. I found some forum that had a Volcano-only subforum but the posts were super old.

If I've been a super idiot and missed the Active Volcano forums, please direct me :)

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I don't like bag vaporizers. I prefer whips.

That said, AOZ hit the nail on the head, most people know about the Volcano, however, on forums like this, a lot of people are looking for alternatives. Although the Volcano may have raving accolades from a devout fanbase, the price, design, functionality, look and operation of the machine turns a lot of people off. Especially me. My friend owns a Volcano and I have only had the 'pleasure' of using it a few times, but each time I just said to myself "You could've bought a cheaper, just as good, vape and a giant bag of weed for this thing". I don't say it out loud because he loves the thing. I hope you wont take offense, I respect everyones choice for a vaporizer, but I will express myself.

I trust papers because well they're papers.
I'd suggest you get to know your source. ;) Do you fully know the processing procedure, chemicals and constitutes in the production of rolling papers? What is known is actually quite scary... :|

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well, I'm glad to finally see some more 'cano love around here. It's a solid bag blower, no doubt.

imo the reason it doesn't get much love here is in fact the price. Again, it's a nice machine, but when you look at what you can get for that money these days it's hard to justify for a lot of people. ex.

150 Purple-Days
160 Da Buddha
50 Vaporgenie
250 herbalAire
------------------

Same with glass. Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal.
:huh:

If I've been a super idiot and missed the Active Volcano forums, please direct me
Haven't seen a dedicated Volcano forum, but most of the big MJ forums have some Volcano threads. Overall it probably has the most exposure online of any vape.

:cheers:

vtac,

Purple-Days

You say, "Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal."

How do you resolve that statement with the official explanation ,"the air is pumped through a heated aluminium block..."

Maybe I missed something.

max

Out to lunch
No one denies that the 'cano is a top rate vape. It's the biggest, most professional company out there selling vapes. You can't go wrong for quality and reliabiltiy.

That said, I think you'll find that most experienced vaporists (the ones that enjoy the vaping experience anyway) end up preferring direct draw, or one that can go both ways, like the Extreme or herbalAire. I used the herbalAire for a couple of years, and liked it (still use it occasionally-especially if we have company), but found that I'm happy with the SSV and Purple-Days, both direct draw.

People also discover, if they investigate, that the cheaper bag units, like the Extreme and herbie, can fill a bag with vapor just as efficiently as the 'cano.

Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal.
Well, if you do your homework, you learn which vapes are safe and which to avoid. If you hate metal why do you like a vape with a big aluminum heating block? Most of us here know that aluminum and stainless steel are safe materials when used properly, but I've run across quite a few 'metal haters' who are afraid of the Volcano.

I just wouldn't feel comfortable vaping out of any other Vaporizer because I don't feel like I know the people behind it
Can't blame you for that, but some of us here really do get to know the guts of different vapes and the people who manufacture them. It's up to us consumers to question 'iffy' products and warn others about vapes like the 'made in China' cheapies. We know they don't care about safety and quality.

If you'd like to hang around and do some reading here, I think you may find some trust for a few vapes other than the 'cano. If you're happy with what you've got, that's fine too. Enjoy the 'cano and the knowledge that you've got a top quality vape. But as a long time 'forum hound', I can tell you that the forums where you'll find a lot of Volcano fans are the ones with the least amount of good, up to date info on the vape market. The forums with the best info are where you'll find lots of fans of the 'best buy' vapes, like the Extreme, herbalAire, Vaporcannon, Silver Surfer, Da Buddha, VaporGenie and Vaporstar, and our newest 'hot' vape, the Purple-Days. The PD uses all RoHS compliant parts (even the wiring), has at a least a dozen happy owners (including some on this thread ;) ) here on FC, and we do "know the people behind it".

There are good quality, safe vapes out there, some at very reasonable prices. You just have to do some research to find them. As for a 'cano forum, you won't find a decent forum for just one vape. This site has a 'Volcano Lounge', but not a lot of activity. This is the only 'active' vape only forum now, and marijuana.com has a very active Vaporizer sub forum. Most others are pretty slow as far as active posting goes.
http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Edit:
vtac and Purple-Days (Tom)-you guys slipped in your posts while I was eating my lunch, and made a couple of my points redundant, but I'm gonna let it stay as written.

And Volcano South, you're right to avoid drink cans for smoking, but there's nothing wrong with stainless steel screens.

Volcano South

Purple-Days said:
You say, "Metal is no-go, however. Hate metal."

How do you resolve that statement with the official explanation ,"the air is pumped through a heated aluminium block..."

Maybe I missed something.
I mean smoking out of a cheap $12 metal pipe with a metal screen.

Aluminum coke can, etc.

I differentiate because air is passing through the heating block on mine, and other vaporizers. Active flame is not touching metal.

Sadly, for the record, I've never smoked out of any other vape than the 'Cano and some cheap fishbowl type one my friend had, but that was only once and it wasn't a positive experience.

Volcano South,

max

Out to lunch
Sadly, for the record, I've never smoked out of any other vape than the 'Cano and some cheap fishbowl type one my friend had, but that was only once and it wasn't a positive experience.
Ahh, the old fishbowl/gumball, conduction vape. That was my first vape-the first generation BC Vaporizer :(. You've gone from one extreme to the other. ;)

Hang around and do some reading and posting VS. You'll meet some interesting people and learn some stuff about the vape market that most of the world doesn't know. This is THE #1 forum for vape info, I can assure you.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, VS!

I spent about four months (11/07-2/08) researching before I bought my Extreme. The first vape I wanted was a Volcano...surprise, surprise. I think that is the one most newbies start looking at, due to its exposure. But for me, the price was out of my range. I trolled ebay for months trying to get one for around $300 and missed the only opportunity I saw in that time frame. It just doesn't sell for that amount very often. In the end I found this forum and posed the question 'Extreme vs. Herbalaire'. Those were the two that gave me the functionality I wanted at the price I wanted to spend. Unfortunately there wasn't much info on them anywhere. Ultimately, I think that is why the Volcano does so well in sales...there just isn't enough information on the alternatives. But now there is starting to be, largely due to the knowledgeable people on this forum.

I think if you read a lot of the vaporizer specific threads on this forum, you will come to the conclusion that there a lot of good alternatives out there to the Volcano, and every one of them is significantly cheaper.

I'm glad you are here, as I think you are only the second person here to own a Volcano. It's good to have your opinions and experience with that unit here!

lepstadder

-Is there any commercially available device that allows for the filtration of vapors from the Volcano Vaporizer Solid valve through water?

-I can push mine up against the downstem of several of my pipes but i do not get a good seal.

-I do not smoke anything and the vapes can definitely dry your mouth and irritate your lungs.

-If any of you kind folks have any useful info please let me know.

thank you

lepstadder,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
They sell those bi party globes that you put on top and then attach whips to. You could then filter that through water.

bluntfaced,

lepstadder

You are referring to the vapor globe or dome thing?

If so that thing is pretty lame, top heavy thin and expensive.

Thanks for the info though.

lepstadder,

StickyShisha2

lepstadder said:
You are referring to the vapor globe or dome thing?

If so that thing is pretty lame, top heavy thin and expensive.

Thanks for the info though.
I have that thing and its not as bad as you think. That being said, I almost never use it.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

with the volcano, i filter through activated carbon. I know that some on this board think this will weaken the vapor, but i disagree.

StickyShisha2,

niall

I've got one of Vriptech's Valloons - they were taken off the market after Storz & Bickel threatened legal action over their valve patent. The Valloon valve does fit on top of the solid valve, so you can fill up a Valloon and then attach it to their VWT via GonG downstem, but it's not really meant to fit and Vriptech were planning a Volcano-Valloon adapter so the Steinel heat gun could be replaced by the Volcano as the heat source.

Using the Valloon over the years I have to say it is fantastic. Water filtration makes it more comfortable and enjoyable, in my experience any loss in actives is outweighed by the improved experience.

http://www.vriptech.com/valloon_step.htm

valloonkit_l.jpg

valloon_s11.jpg

valloon_s16.jpg

valloon_s19.jpg

It's a real shame these things disappeared. Very happy I managed to snap one up before they did :D

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Does the carbon filter cause a noticeable difference in vapor harshness?

bluntfaced,

StickyShisha2

bluntfaced said:
Does the carbon filter cause a noticeable difference in vapor harshness?
yes, but its still "dry". I often use my IO through water and that is a vast improvement.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

niall said:
i like the idea of hitting the bag through a GonG. the vapor starts to cool in the bag and finishes in the GonG, and the moisture content the GonG adds to the vapor stream is soothing.

StickyShisha2,

lepstadder

So they no longer offer this valloon device?

That sucks, well any other suggestions?

lepstadder,

niall

I've experimented with an oxygen mask and the Volcano. Instead of the usual size bag I make a small 5-6" length bag and on the end where you tie it off you could insert the end of a whip tube and tie it off on the tube or a length of boro inserted into the end. I just hook up an oxygen mask tube instead.

The only problem is the stability of the solid valve and this small bag - the tube weighs it down and it's not very stable, you end up having to hold the valve down on the Volcano. Some sort of support would do the trick, maybe a kind of flange adapter that holds the solid valve in place so it can't tip over?

I can't believe no-one has come out with some boro Volcano attachments yet. Something to replace the solid valve, or attach to it making use of the blue o-ring (this is how the Valloon valve sits on the solid valve) and then to a ground glass joint from there for whip tubes etc. Should be pretty easy to get someone to make a custom piece like that, just make sure it has a decent weight and low centre of gravity to keep the solid valve in place even with the whip tube moving about...

Top Bottom