• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StickyShisha2

aero18 said:
Could a skillet or vapor globe be used?
this is my method 80+% of the time
thumb_up_48.png
you want a patient in his condition to be using a torch?:o
thumb_down_48.png

StickyShisha2,

HumanBeing

@StickyShisha - you got that right! Recipe for instant homelessness (or worse) where I'm concerned.

@aero18 - many thanks for the movie links. Interesting devices. Just not practical for my circumstances, I'm afraid.

I envy you guys the thickness of that mist. I'm not getting anything even nearly like that with the Volcano...

HumanBeing,

lepstadder

Turn your vape up all the way

Get a "zester" something like this

http://www.google.com/products/cata...6FLKeTlweFnNmyCg&sa=title&ved=0CA0Q8wIwATgA#p

grate your hash up into pretty much dust

this may be hard or impossible for you to do with your condition so hopefuly you can ask your supplier to help

this will increase the surface area and allow for a more efficient vape session

If you live in a humid environment or the hash is to sticky/soft place it inn the freezer for a moment to stiffen it up

GOOD LUCK

lepstadder,

HumanBeing

I tried following your suggestions last night, lepstadder. The mist was only very slightly more visible in the bag than at normal toasting levels. Perhaps I have a defective Volcano? Mist is very visible when I use the iolite (which burns at 190 deg C). Hate the idea of having a defective unit but I gotta say, in practice, it's getting me where I need to be.

Maybe it's the actual smoking material itself? Dunno about that though, because I tried rolling tobacco as well and got the same vaguely misty result. However, I have some very oily and sticky Pakistani which I'll try. In the pipe, it's like being hit with a sledgehammer so I suppose I should try vaping it...

Thanks for your ideas, friend.

HumanBeing,
My boyfriend and I own a Volcano. It is the classic version and we always leave it set at 5 and a half. I have no idea what that is in degrees. We usually pack it at least half full. Sometime we finish it off, sometime we don't. I always stir it once at least, crushing the weed finer (it said to in the manual I believe)
People need to mention whether they primarily smoke alone or with two people or more than 4 etc. There's always 2 of us smoking, but we've had up to 8. We definitely smoke less herb when we use mainly the volcano. 2 joints worth of weed will get 8 people high in the volcano, whereas we'd all never be high if we just smoked the two joints.
Before purchasing it we tried many other vaporizers, all were the hose style. We hated the hose ones. You have to suck at the perfect speed and for longer than it seems necessary. Also one persoal one that was very disappointing.
We have no complaints about the Volcano at all. I might say that it takes a while to warm up but that is a minor issue.
With the Volcano you get an almost perfect hit everytime, and everyone gets the same hit. It is so much easier to pass a bag around a room than to have to rotate the vap. or even switch spots with some vaps. We are 100% satisfied with our purchase. We'll never buy a different vap.

StonerWednesday,

HumanBeing

Last night I removed the thick pad "screen" I've been using for smoking hash in the Volcano and replaced it with the two factory-installed top and bottom standard screens. With the unit turned up full, I finally got a definite vapour for the first time ever.

And no hash-melt.

I just thought you should know...

:)

HumanBeing,
I've had a cano for 1.5 years +. I have alot of other vaporizers and it's still probably my favorite - I thought the VG alum bat would take that position but it has been a big disappointment.

I feel my volcano is very efficient. It delivers very tasty vapor and a completely reliable delivery medium. Is it worth 400+? Hell no. But I got mine second hand for about 125. For that, it's worth every penny. These things are built like BMWs in the 80's - they'll run for years and years, and secondhand volcanos do come up.

I hate whip style vapes, the box style. First off they always have it so the herbal material falls on the heating element. What Fing genius designed that? I hate the boxes. I think if a box had a better design it could be great, but as they are, not for me. Lighter based vapes are very attractive to me, but the volcano is still probably my best vape at the end of the day, which is surprising for how little I use it.

Make sure your material is dry, bone dry preferably, and finely ground. Do one at 5, one at 5.5, then open it up and regrind the material - even just rough it up with your fingers while its in chamber. Then another at 5.5, then one at 7.0 to get all the sedative effects. Safe remnants for edibles or the post-apocalypse.

charliedontsurf,

Anthony

Anthony
I have used a classic and digital Volcano and I still think I prefer my Zephyr Ion overall and for 50% cost of a Digital Volcano, just my :2c:

Anthony,

max

Out to lunch
charliedontsurf said:
I hate whip style vapes, the box style. First off they always have it so the herbal material falls on the heating element.
Always? You need to look around a little. Quite a few don't have the unfriendly heater angle, including the VaporTower, which uses a two piece whip. That whip can also be used with units that have the downward heater angle. The 7th vapes are also based on the box design, and are two whip models with no herb dumping issues. Some other box designs have a horizontal angle.

Is it worth 400+? Hell no. But I got mine second hand for about 125.
Great deal, but it's really rare to find a working 'cano anywhere near that price. Most used units are in the $350-450 range.

max,

wak

a couple of months ago i decided to go from being one of the biggest bong heads on the planet to being totally smoke free, i got a volcano and a vapolution with the latter being the most recent but i still find the volcano gets the most use, i love the quality of the whole unit.

The vapolution on the other hand is great for watching movies and tv but it feels a little less professional and i always turn to my volcano when i want to get really baked.

im currently thinking about getting something a bit more portable or a vapor bros but i cant find any vapor bros anywhere for sale in the UK, any ideas that or a portable?

@baller i only vape at 4.5 on my volcano.

wak,
wak said:
a couple of months ago i decided to go from being one of the biggest bong heads on the planet to being totally smoke free, i got a volcano and a vapolution with the latter being the most recent but i still find the volcano gets the most use, i love the quality of the whole unit.

The vapolution on the other hand is great for watching movies and tv but it feels a little less professional and i always turn to my volcano when i want to get really baked.

im currently thinking about getting something a bit more portable or a vapor bros but i cant find any vapor bros anywhere for sale in the UK, any ideas that or a portable?

@baller i only vape at 4.5 on my volcano.

If you like lighter based portability then the vapo-bowl or vaporstar are pretty damn awesome. Given that you could be vaping with a jet lighter in the middle of a raging storm, they're pretty cool.

Guess vaporstar's wood would swell and shrink, ha.

As for the volcano's price, that's crazy. I know some CA dispensaries which sell it for like 420 n tax new.

Edit - one thing I can really say for the volcano, after my recent frenzy of spending (over 140ish) on new vapes, is that it really consistently vaporizes material. Pretty much 100% of a bowl looks identical. Almost no amount of fastidious stirring and breath control can accomplish that exactly on the vaporpro, vaporstar, or vapo-bowl. I guess it comes down to automation, with a fan doing the work human inhalation would otherwise do, and some other vapes have the same edge as the volcano.

charliedontsurf,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I'm a 20 year chronic smoker that discovered vaporizing a few months ago. I have been using a vapor brothers box vape with hydrator, purple days and flight box. I have been satisfied enough with the effects to completely give up combustion. My "bongchitis" is almost gone.

Two days ago I got a digital volcano with easy valve. It only took me 2 bowls (many bags) to realize this thing is totally awesome. I haven't been this high since those first few years. :) It was very easy to figure out how to use (I'm not much on reading manuals). I quickly discovered I could hold the easy valve up to the stem of my old bong (I've cleaned it to like new) and take conventional rips. :D

Obviously it was expensive but as the say the cost is forgotten over time but the quality and satisfaction of ownership will last forever. If the cost doesn't scare you away the volcano is no joke. I will rarely say something is the "best" but I really want to in thise case.

It's not going to replace my purple days for conservation or my flight box for portability but I think the vapor brothers is going into storage for a while.

elmomuzz,

stinkmeaner

Some say the Volcano is too expensive but in relation to other vaporizers I would say it is right on point being that the Volcano has a far more expensive production. The story of the Volcano is one of a good idea followed by a wealthy benefactor, one had the idea and the other had the money to capitalize the operation, that is why there are two names Storz & Bickel and a factory and part design that trumps anything else, just look at these pictures I found of some production areas of the Volcano, they are amazing.

You have to look at the details like special OEM parts, Tooling, design integrity, it is just solid and I believe no vaporizer on the market can match the Volcano in these areas since most are using off the shelf items. Just think about how much work went into the development of Solid & Easy Valves alone, do you realize how much more it is to produce those compared to having a glass blower make up some valves, it requires big expensive equipment with custom injection molds made just for them.

I think most people are naive and think all vaporizer factories look like this, I think most would be shocked to see that most are made in small garage or warehouse type workshops. Just compare the Volcano factory to one if not the largest USA manufacturer, 7th Floor makers of the Silver Surfer SSV

These pictures show some assembly and even evolution in Volcano Design over the years:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/segwayofoakland/page46/ <<<<Lots more pictures here

These are the best Volcano Factory pictures I have seen taken courtesy of the leading Volcano distributer in the USA, Vaporizeit, no affiliation just appreciation

Compared to the 7th Floor shop pictures

stinkmeaner,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Thanks for posting those pictures. It's cool to see where my 'cano was born. I need to tell my buddy to clean the dog slobber of his buddha. :p (food and water dish next to production table)

elmomuzz,

max

Out to lunch
elmomuzz said:
Two days ago I got a digital volcano with easy valve. It only took me 2 bowls (many bags) to realize this thing is totally awesome. I haven't been this high since those first few years.
Two cano bowls is a lot. You didn't get higher because S&B has some secret scientific way to produce more or better vapor, you're just getting more vapor than you do with a PD or LB. It takes a lot of PD bowls or LB trenches to equal a couple of 'cano bowls. People have made the same kind of comment when going from a log vape to something like the SSV. The same applies to a skinny, tightly rolled joint vs. a bong. You usually say 'enough' on the hard to hit joints after a bit, while a couple of big bong hits can get you wasted in a hurry.

max,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I didn't actually fill them to the top. You don't have to agree with my review. All I was trying to say was if you want to get really high the volcano is a excellent choice. Especially if money and weed are plentiful. :)

elmomuzz,
Those pictures of the Storz and Bickle and 7th Floor factories were awesome, thank you for that.

I've never seen anyone pack their volcano chamber full. A 1/2 inch if not super loose would probably be too much.

charliedontsurf,

cujo

I'm having a problem deciding between the volcano classic and the extreme Q.
A little background:
**I don't smoke.
**This is a birthday present for my boyfriend who does smoke probably about 5 days a week, once a day in the evening, and maybe 2 or 3 times a day each Sat & Sun.
**I know he will like this for health reasons :)
**I DO have the money for the volcano, and I'm not looking at the extreme simply because its cheaper.
**I was set on getting the volcano until I started reading forums and happened upon the extreme q and started wondering if maybe he would like the fact that there is a whip available whereas the volcano is bag only. The extras looked nice with the extreme as well.
**I've heard the volcano is not great if you use it by yourself. Because I don't smoke, and when he does smoke its usually at my house, whichever one I buy is probably NOT going to end up being used by 3 or 4 people at a time, or used at parties, etc. Probably 95% of the time it will be just him using it.
**I've heard the volcano uses more herb than just smoking, or even more than other vaporizers? If this is the case he will probably get pretty frustrated. Since he doesn't smoke a WHOLE lot, he wouldn't appreciate watching his herb disappear faster than it has for him the last 10 years :p That would not be cool. On the other hand, I've also heard it uses less herb and/or your herb lasts longer resulting in saving money because you're buying less often.
**I have to make a decision in the next few day or two since his b-day is on the 1st and I have to account for shipping time.
Thanks for any info you can give me!!

cujo,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
cujo said:
I'm having a problem deciding between the volcano classic and the extreme Q.
A little background:
**I don't smoke.
**This is a birthday present for my boyfriend who does smoke probably about 5 days a week, once a day in the evening, and maybe 2 or 3 times a day each Sat & Sun.
**I know he will like this for health reasons :)
**I DO have the money for the volcano, and I'm not looking at the extreme simply because its cheaper.
**I was set on getting the volcano until I started reading forums and happened upon the extreme q and started wondering if maybe he would like the fact that there is a whip available whereas the volcano is bag only. The extras looked nice with the extreme as well.
**I've heard the volcano is not great if you use it by yourself. Because I don't smoke, and when he does smoke its usually at my house, whichever one I buy is probably NOT going to end up being used by 3 or 4 people at a time, or used at parties, etc. Probably 95% of the time it will be just him using it.
**I've heard the volcano uses more herb than just smoking, or even more than other vaporizers? If this is the case he will probably get pretty frustrated. Since he doesn't smoke a WHOLE lot, he wouldn't appreciate watching his herb disappear faster than it has for him the last 10 years :p That would not be cool. On the other hand, I've also heard it uses less herb and/or your herb lasts longer resulting in saving money because you're buying less often.
**I have to make a decision in the next few day or two since his b-day is on the 1st and I have to account for shipping time.
Thanks for any info you can give me!!
I recommend the Zephyr Ion for your boyfriend. It functions just like the Volcano Digital, at half the price. Plus, you have the option of using bags or a whip. As far as efficiency goes, you decide how efficient you want to be. The bowl on the Volcano and Ion are huge, but people have this misconception of having to fill the whole thing. But I can put as little as .025g in my Ion and get pretty vaped. The Extreme, while being a really good vaporizer, just does not compare to the Volcano or Ion IMO.

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom