VIP from SSV

lwien

TVery disappointed that 7th floor couldn't come up with something original....

I'm disappointed as well and if it's any consolation, so is Steve at 7th Floor. They would have much preferred coming up with something original but the lack of funding prohibited that from happening.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Thank you lwien! Though it does irritate me, I do want the best for 7th floor as I am a huge fan! I know it doesn't seem like it, but I am. Sorry Vito I don't get free stuff from other companies just to back them. I am a consumer and I have the right to express my thoughts. I am not promoting zainy.net out of personal gain, but am enlightening others, which is my goal. Is this a sales site or a site for information? The mods chastise me b4, but they were wrong in doing so!

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSVUN~YAH, the reason I get so defensive of these pens, is because I have so darned many.
The VIP1 Heater tastes different than others that I am currently collecting.
The VIP2 is an Ecig that can be gotten directly from China for so low a price that your head would spin.
I have smirked to myself at how I outsmarted the world by paying $20 a piece for products from the orient that cost more here, only to face warranty questions or worse. It is a crap shoot.
When you buy from 7th Floor..... you still did one thing that gives you a feeling of someone "having your back"... and that is .. you bought from 7th Floor~

lwien

Thank you lwien! Though it does irritate me, I do want the best for 7th floor as I am a huge fan! I know it doesn't seem like it, but I am.

I know. I was in the same boat and is the reason that I zapped off an email to them expressing my concerns regarding marketing this product and I was pleasantly surprised that Steve responded and we've been bouncing ideas back and forth.

What I don't EVER want to do is to post up any private email conversations that I have with anyone because I really feel that it is in bad form and a betrayal of trust, but I will post up one of Steve's quotes from one of his emails to me that may put your mind to rest a bit and that I have no doubt, he would not mind me repeating:

"I was thinking of just saying on the site that we offer this, but we did not invent it, then we are being as honest as we can. Say we found this to be the best out there and we are working to make it better? Do you think this is wise? I feel honesty is the best policy."

For me personally, any company who sincerely believes that "honesty is the best policy", deserves my business, and I believe, yours as well.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I hear ya on that aspect Vito, and that is how I felt/feel that way too about the head spinning. Your starting to make me see the light! lol I get worked up by the cheapness, but your a wise man and I understand. Your words have a way of soothing my anger. Thank you!

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
my CigGo from Epiemods arrived just now.
It is a very different piece, but will work if someone is on a budget.
The metal inside appears to be a different material.
The threads are different, so it does not fit the VIP battery, but it does fit some standard
eGo battery.
The coils inside do not readily glow fast... they take time to warm up. The VIP top gets red very fast.
This means that it was harder for me to get any herb vaporization done, as by the time the glow came.. the battery shutoff kicked in... and when I did use a battery with no shut off, the slow heating coil would easily allow combustion, once it did suddenly jump in heat.
I tried with wax...
I had a similar issue with battery shutdown, but timed a "toggle" so I could keep the temperature "up there" and I got some good wax hits, but they were less dense, and had a metallic flavor that reminded me of a copper penny.
I am doing the following with it...
I am donating it, a bit of wax, and the Battery that I found to fit it to a community member with no assets.
He will be told:
"This oil pen is not any official brand, and has it's quirks, but it can function. It was used as a test, and is a gift to you... courtesy of the guys at FC.com ... you can read the thread that inspired this test at: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vip-from-ssv.8905/

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Vito, I sure wish I had a mentor like you around in my younger days.

I wonder if this heater is going to fit my batteries? I might be having to make a donation myself. No wax for the recipient though. I'm selfish that way. ;)

Vitolo

Vaporist
The threads on the cigGo are unusual... they fit some ego batteries, but not others.
They all fit 510 carts(my batteries), but the base threads (of the CigGo)seem unusual. I have two identical Ego batteries here.. both part of a kit bought for my wife. This CigGo fits on one, but wont thread onto the other!

Vitolo,

Breathemetal

Thanks for the video! Really helpful in deciding.
SSVUN, just go away man...you obviously arent a fan of the VIP so go to another thread and hate on something else.

Im thinking I may go with the VIP2 since it's much smaller and from the video looked to hold about the same dab size.

Hey Vito, about how much can you put in the VIP2's chamber and about how long does a max load last?

Breathemetal,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Thanks for the video! Really helpful in deciding.
SSVUN, just go away man...you obviously arent a fan of the VIP so go to another thread and hate on something else.

Im thinking I may go with the VIP2 since it's much smaller and from the video looked to hold about the same dab size.

Hey Vito, about how much can you put in the VIP2's chamber and about how long does a max load last?

That's not fair. SSVUN has a right to be here like anyone else. I've found some of his posts to be rather educational.

Breathemetal

That's not fair. SSVUN has a right to be here like anyone else. I've found some of his posts to be rather educational.

Just sick of him hating on a product that is obviously a decent product from a damn good company.
Anyways, back on topic here.

Breathemetal,

lwien

WRONG ! As Deadshot said, he has as much of a right to be here as you. One of the things that makes FC such a great forum is that, well............it's a forum, a place where people from both sides of an issue can debate and state their opinions. He has been warned on "how" to state those opinions and where the line is that shouldn't be crossed, but to imply that only those that are a fan of a particular vape has the right to be in a particular thread is really the antithesis of what FC is all about.

I'm not necessarily a fan of the VIP either, but I'll be damned if I'm going to leave.

And regarding your comment that the VIP is "obviously" a decent product is YOUR opinion, simply because to others, it may not be a decent product, and therefore, not "obvious" at all.

It is only through these discussions that the word "obvious", gets to be a little more defined......or not, as the case may be.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The VIP2 only holds a Dab.
The VIP1 holds a wad the size of 4-5 dabs
The Dab in the VIP2 will last a good 3-4 hits.

Truth is I have been using the VIP2 for liquid oils and tinctures more.
Interesting story;
I did not know vaping MMJ tincture would really medicate me.
I have some very strong quality tinctures, and was just curious to see how well the VIP2 worked with Ejuice.
I only had ejuice with nicotine, so I decided, what the heck I will use my Glycerin tincture (made with 100% USDA Kosher edible Glycerin.)
The cloud was big, and the flavor was delightful.
wow, it tasted like meds.
I jumped in car to run to go to mall to show the ecig guy the huge clouds from a tiiny device.
Every few minutes, I had to reassure myself that the fog was not a quirk, and that I would not be embarrassed upon my arrival at the mall.... so in my rear view mirror I did one more hit...
Then another.
I did not realize until I got lost in the mall trying to find that kiosk (that was right up front where it always had been) that I was very medicated.
The glycerin tincture when vaped, does not do that much after a couple of hits... but after the drive and 2 dozen hits (I called them "reassurance hits") the meds were sure obvious!

Vitolo

Vaporist
News on vaping herb
I got the last 2 glass discs I ordered..... and I am afraid it is a no-go.
I used only the VIP (a clean one) for herb for 2 days, and got medicated, but it was work.
My most successful ceramic separators were the original ones, but with air passage chipped out around the edges.
dsc02509eo.jpg

The best hits I got were using this as the device between herb and coil.. and the spring removed.
The area for meds is small, and I found that I finish the tiny load in just a couple of hits, and it is not quite enough for me.
I will use the VIP1 for dry herb in emergency only, and will save my "chipped away" discs forthat purpose. It is oil all the way for you, VIP!

Adobewan

Great videos V, thanks, but I had no idea you could shred on the guitar like that!!
Anything these offer that the D9V line or the Dart aren't already providing?
Also wondered if you have or can be persuaded to post your recipe for glycerin tinctures?
TIA

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
[quote="Adobewan, post: 376257, member: 6621"Also wondered if you have or can be persuaded to post your recipe for glycerin tinctures?
TIA[/quote]

i would love to see that too if it is not a guarded secret. i have some tanks for ego-c tank system still that i would love to fill with some goodness :)

mmenzie,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Adobewan... I could not shred, because my toes were busy plugging in the vape, so Patty played the guitar for me.
Recipe for tincture.
I will give link for a good one.
We all tweak our recipes a bit .. and yes there are a couple extra steps I take....
like I keep it under low heat the entire time.... and there are other private secrets I use, that each of you will develop your own secrets for...
This will involve shortcuts or additional steps you will need or only be able to perform due to your own location/circumstance/materials.
If you are going to vaporize it as I did, filter it well through a coffee filter. (This will take DAYS!)
Glycerin tincture

dronesensor

Hey everyone. I'm a new user, been lurking for a couple weeks, and thought I'd join the discussion, as I just got my VIP on Thursday.

Bear in mind that I'm new pens, and have only tried a handful, so, so my input might not be of value to more knowledgeable users. The only pen I've owned is a Cloud, which I bought after trying my friend's microG, and on the recommendation of a head shop employee. After a few days, I realized I'd wasted 60 bucks. After admonishing myself for again not doing any research before taking the plunge (a mistake I made with my first two desktop vaporizers, as well), I decided to go online and do some digging.

I absolutely love my SSV, so I was pretty excited when I saw 7th Floor was coming out with a pen, but was taken aback by the generic look. I couldn't find much info on it, until I found this thread, and read Vitolo's posts. I'd like to give him a HUGE thanks for his descriptive, informative write-up of the pen (and that short vid of the massive clouds it produces), as they're what sold me on the product, and after doing my own exhaustive "testing", I'm ecstatic.

You've all seen the huge clouds in Vitolo's video, but the flavor is something else entirely. The first time I tried it, I dropped a huge glob of wax from my local MMJ delivery service in the chamber, and it tasted completely different than in the Cloud, microG, or "Perfection Pen" my friend just wasted spent $80 on. Not only does it vape more efficiently, it brings out flavors in the waxes that I didn't know where in there. The difference between wax in the low-quality pens I'd tried, and wax in the VIP, is like night and day. When I received the pen, I had already been medicating throughout the day with both my Cloud pen, and my SSV. As soon as I hit the VIP, it cut through, and it felt like my first hit of the day. And unlike my Cloud, if there is wax in the chamber, it's gonna hit; so often, I would put a fresh dab in the Cloud, and simply could not get a strong hit. The VIP gives huge hits, consistently, if that's what you want; just draw slowly, and quickly disengage then reengage the heater just before it times out. If you want less dense vapor (which is usually what I prefer, due to my respiratory issues; more on that later), you can just draw slightly faster, and hold the button down until it times out. Regardless, with this pen, you will not be wasting your wax.

I vape not only because it tastes better. I have Cystic Fibrosis, so any kind of smoking is extremely detrimental to my health. For this reason, not only am I concerned about combustion, I'm also concerned about the byproducts created when cheap materials used to make vaporizers are heated up. My Cloud pen, whether with the original atomizer or the microG coil, added a nasty "electronic," plastic-like flavor to the vapor it produced. With the VIP, all I taste is wax. I wasn't a huge fan of the rubber mouthpiece when I first got it, but it doesn't alter the flavor of the vapors in any way, and the rubbery smell is fading fast.

Time will tell, but I have basically no complaints about the actual product, other than a couple cosmetic issues. To my eyes, the pen does look a little cheap. The LCD screen, logo stamp, and button don't line up, which makes the pen look like it has been twisted, if that makes sense. It's also not perfectly straight, giving it a slightly bent look where the heating chamber screws onto the battery. Also, the gaudy, vinyl covered case included with it is not only ugly, but worthless. The brush and dab tool slipped out of their slots during shipping, and the recesses for the other parts are sketchy, at best. Luckily, they also included a small Dime Bags padded case. When assembled, the pen fits snuggly, along with the USB charger (another area where 7th Floor did cheap out a bit; no AC adapter included, either), cleaning tools, and a couple of jars of wax.

So all in all, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Take it for what you will, being that I'm new to the boards and pens in general, but as someone who is very picky about how I medicate, I'm pretty much in love with the VIP, and highly recommend it.

Top Bottom