VIP from SSV

lwien

I ordered the vip by ssv on Sunday because on Sunday it said 'enjoy your favorite herbs and essential oils'. Looked at the site again today. They added the black pen which was great. But they changed the description to 'essential oils'. What gives!

Sent an e-mail and they say now it's for essential oils only.

I'm new to vapes and was going with ssv because of their reputation and now they turn around and confuse the customer with a bait and switch. That's not right.

Bait and switch is when a company "intentionally" baits you with a cheap product for the sole intention of selling you a more expensive product. This is NOT what 7th Floor has done here. They simply made a mistake in their ad copy. Happens all the time. I have no doubt that if you email them and tell them that you ordered the product to use with flowers based on their previous product description, they will gladly cancel your order and refund you your monies.

Slandering a company with a "bait and switch" label when in fact that was not their intent is more than just a bit over the top, eh?

arrr

Official VIP replacement heaters are up on the website now.
They are $20~

Yeah wish it came w/ a mouthpiece. Anyone know where i could buy a mouthpiece that would work with this heater?

And damn $7.50 to ship the heater man that's expensive.

Precise_D

Iwien, your right, it definitely was not a bait and switch situation. I still think SSV is an amazing company and look forward to getting their desktop model. For now, I want a good portable flower vape and I’m going with the PAX.

What happened: Ordered the VIP by SSV on Sunday as their website ‘quick overview’ described the product to one that you can ‘enjoy your favorite herbs and essential oils’. Took a look at the website yesterday and the description changed to ‘essential oils’. Needless to say I was really excited to get my hands on that baby. Only to find out that! It’s really not for flowers. Having already placed the order and the description has changed was heart breaking.

SSV, again I know you have an amazing product and understand these things happen.

SSV has sent me an e-mail saying to deny the package and full refund.

For all the essential oil peeps, I’m sure you're going to enjoy that sweet VIP by SSV vape.

Precise_D,
Reactions: VapeSpace

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is taking time, because the video... a single video will demonstrate what flower use there is, and I am also demonstrating a smaller pen called the VIP2 in the same video.
The VIP2 has an puncture type Atomizer with a small cart. It works with Liquid Oils and Pure Gold using the cart. The heavier waxes and putties are done by removing the center post in then inexpensive to replace atomizer, and just dropping dabs into the cup.
Patience will be appreciated, as the vid covers alot.
The basic excellent Oil use of the VIP will of course be shown.
I am going to pass along a comment on 7th Floors behalf~
"7th Floor LLC is tired of seeing consumers ripped off by unscrupulous e-cig makers. We know you want an oil pen that works, but the Chinese companies use a wide range of materials, and everyone is cutting corners.
We can not compete with the Factories that pump out these small devices, but there is something that we can do-
We at 7th Floor can help by gathering the makers of only the highest quality components, and assembling what we feel to be the best of the best. Rather than see you suffer the indignity of using garbage, we will provide a quality product that we feel comfortable putting our name on, to let the consumer know that this is a product we do support and approve"

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Hey, I hear you on that. SSV has a solid reputation. I researched and their desktop model seems to be the superstar as a very effective product.

However, I ordered the product on the basis of their reputation on the desktop as well as the 'quick overview' description on Sunday which said it can be used for herbs and essential oils and now as of today it says 'essential oil' and they took out the word 'herbs' in their description. That's why I call it a bait and switch.

Hey, now everyone can know that it's not used for herbs and not get their hopes up wondering if it's an effective product for using flowers without the combustion

LSV does both, just sayin... :)

deadheadbill,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

VapeSpace

Iwien, your right, it definitely was not a bait and switch situation. I still think SSV is an amazing company and look forward to getting their desktop model. For now, I want a good portable flower vape and I’m going with the PAX.

What happened: Ordered the VIP by SSV on Sunday as their website ‘quick overview’ described the product to one that you can ‘enjoy your favorite herbs and essential oils’. Took a look at the website yesterday and the description changed to ‘essential oils’. Needless to say I was really excited to get my hands on that baby. Only to find out that! It’s really not for flowers. Having already placed the order and the description has changed was heart breaking.

SSV, again I know you have an amazing product and understand these things happen.

For all the essential oil peeps, I’m sure you're going to enjoy that sweet VIP by SSV vape.

Pretty much the exact same thing happened with the Vaporbrothers Dabbler. They came out of the gate saying it was for oils, wax, and herbs. About a week after releasing info they had to back peddle and removed the use with herbs from the description. There was even a photo of a prototype herb chamber but even that sounds unlikely at this point.

Two solid companies made the same mistake with their pen vapes. Definitely not bait and switch, just overreaching with their goals. I guess the pen market has yet to produce a solid herb pen?

VapeSpace,

lwien

Just for clarification, SSV is not the name of the company. It is the name of a vape that the company, 7th Floor, manufacturers.

lwien,

VapeSpace

Just for clarification, SSV is not the name of the company. It is the name of a vape that the company, 7th Floor, manufacturers.

It's easy to get confused at this point since their new pen has "VIP by SSV" printed on it.

VapeSpace,
Reactions: mmenzie

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSV is also the branding name of a line of SSV Accessories including a bag that says not "7th Floor" but "SSV" and aroma diffusers that are branded and logo'd SSV
The Bags and the aroma tops and the connectors do not say 7th Floor... those and even the wands show "SSV"

Vitolo

Vaporist
They are both great for Wax..perfect.
They both work also with liquid, , but the VIP2 can hold a resevoir of liquid.
It uses less solid oils... pure gold (comes in capsules)... and I am using it succesfully to vape MMJ Glycerin tinctures, as are a half dozen other patients in the community.
This will all be addressed in the video.
I know the video is not taking my usual 2-3 days ...but I keep taking breaks from working on it to field questions here and on other online venues..

JoeKickass

For puregold I get how u can just stick the capsule on the vip2's little needle/spike and it will feed down.

But do they give you little containers to puncture for other things (like your tinc.) or do you have to remove the spike?

JoeKickass,

Breathemetal

Hmm looks like the VIP would be my better choice as I dont care about liquid or pure gold capsules because i never go to dispensaries because they all suck and rip people off lol. Cant wait for the video

Breathemetal,

Vitolo

Vaporist
On the VIP2 I empty the pure gold capsule into the supplied cartridge and then let it feed down onto provided spike.
I never tried the capsule directly on the spike, but that is pretty innovative thinking.
I would fear trying and losing any of my "gold'.
The VIP2 does come with 2 cartriges that fit onto the spike, that are good for oil or tincture.
You only remove the spike to load wax~
(I swear I am working on video... but there is so much to show, and I want to show it all in a brief and succinct statement.)

Breathemetal

So the VIP2 works just as well with BHO, you just have to take off that little spike on the heater core?

Breathemetal,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.

....BUT---->
it only holds a dab.
That dab can last a few hits.
This will be shown in the video as well.

Vitolo,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The heavier waxes and putties are done by removing the center post in then inexpensive to replace atomizer, and just dropping dabs into the cup.

Hey Vito, when you said this, did you mean to say that once the spike is removed, it's not replaceable? I'm wondering if that's what you meant with the "inexpensive to replace" comment. Or can you put it back on and resume normal function?

Looking forward to your video, I have a few people in mind that could benefit from buying a unit like this one.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom