VIP from SSV

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
The VIP gives huge hits, consistently, if that's what you want; just draw slowly, and quickly disengage then reengage the heater just before it times out. If you want less dense vapor (which is usually what I prefer, due to my respiratory issues; more on that later), you can just draw slightly faster, and hold the button down until it times out. Regardless, with this pen, you will not be wasting your wax.

Time will tell, but I have basically no complaints about the actual product, other than a couple cosmetic issues. To my eyes, the pen does look a little cheap. The LCD screen, logo stamp, and button don't line up, which makes the pen look like it has been twisted, if that makes sense. It's also not perfectly straight, giving it a slightly bent look where the heating chamber screws onto the battery. Also, the gaudy, vinyl covered case included with it is not only ugly, but worthless. The brush and dab tool slipped out of their slots during shipping, and the recesses for the other parts are sketchy, at best. Luckily, they also included a small Dime Bags padded case. When assembled, the pen fits snuggly, along with the USB charger (another area where 7th Floor did cheap out a bit; no AC adapter included, either), cleaning tools, and a couple of jars of wax. =quote]

Cool! I found all the same things to be true with my pens! Except I did get an ac adapter and an ego case instead of vinyl covered case. Cool stuff enjoy your pen!

SSVUN~YAH,

dronesensor

I do wonder (and maybe you can tell me this, SSVUN~YAH) if I can buy a cheap backup battery on one of these other websites, considering 7th Floor doesn't have a replacement on their website. It would be nice to have a fully charged spare on hand in case I don't have access to power.

dronesensor,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH

Check ebay, cuecig.com, tastyvapor.us, zainy.net, look for ego 510 should be the fit your looking for.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Well, the Cigo heater does not fit on top of a Thermovape T1 or Alpha Ultra base, as is. I have a couple adapters coming in an order I placed a few days ago, so hopefully one if those can help. If not, I'll be sanding down the unit at the base, getting rid of the inner threads of the heater, and exposing only the 510 connection.

EDIT: Interesting. Upon further inspection, there is no threading on the inner post of the Cigo heater like there is on 510 atomizers and cartomizers. The only threading is found within the sleeve below the battery connection. I'm assuming that this is still 510 threading, but it appears you need a 510 to Ego adapter for it to work on any mods that only take a 510 stem such as the Revolution base or Alpha Ultra.

Bummer.

I'll hold on to it until I receive my adapters, but if it's still a no go, I think it will fit a Gpen and I have a buddy with one.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am having trouble with most batteries and the CigGo
I do have one 900 MAH Ego non pass through battery that it fits..
(with a couple I could slide it on and where there is no inner threading... just "lean it" against the 510 connection).
It fits and worked on this one but only half the coil glowed.

VIP 2 still going strong.
The VIP2 atomizers are dead cheap, but in spite of tearing mine down for wax dabs, and putting it back together for glycerin tincture it still works well.
TIP:
Once you open an atomizer for dabbing, the Glycerin tinctures will not taste so good... almost "greasy" tasting, so it is wiser to keep one for tincture and one for wax dabs.
I used the same one to test longevity.. which is amazing for so tiny a device.

VIP 1 still going great, ond flavor is remarkable. I have stopped my work on herbal use, and surrendered to some delicious wax flavors... and the unit is still running smoothly.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
will it fit the EGO that i have??
Perhaps. All these different batteries, threads, carts, voltages, ohms, and shit is driving me out of my damn mind. It's like all these guys got together and said "Let's make every aspect of this shit as confusing as possible for anyone interested."

Remember when you would just toss a chunk of hash in the bottom of a glass bottle and heat it until you got smoke?

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
So after running a couple grams through the VIP I thought I'd post up. So far so good!

I can only really compare it to the dart/rev. Pretty similar taste wise from what I can tell. Though I seem to have an easier time pulling clouds from the VIP...this could be due to the age of my dart carts though...might be time to send them in for a rebuild. My brother in law has used a handful of different oil pens and commented how much better this one tastes.

Quick heat up, with easy tasty clouds. I like the lcd with the hit counter, though I'm usually getting to ~110 or so and need to do a recharge...not sure how typical that is, seems a bit light compared to Vito's battery life though...

FYI - The toggling on and off with the 5 button pushes had me a bit confused for awhile. I was hitting the button too slowly and not getting it to work right. Quick presses is the key.

Digging this little rig for walking the dog and being out and about. Casually used it at the pub the other night and wasn't given a second look.

Cheers!

SSVUN~YAH

Did you charge it before using out of box? If so how long? Could be the difference between yours and Vitolo...

SSVUN~YAH,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
hmmm, that could be a factor.

I did an initial charge of 2 hours. It said both 2 and 6 hours in the manual for the initial charge...the website says not to charge for more than 2 hours...so I went with that. Light was green (indicating charged) at about 1.5 hours.

I try not to let it die, it seems like the lcd screen dims a bit near the end (right around 110-120) so I shut it down and recharge at that point.

dronesensor

My VIP's battery threshold is roughly the same as yours, Dangus. Probably about 100 - 130, on average.

The one issue I can see cropping up that seems inherent to this style of pen, is cleaning out the heating chamber. Mine got pretty gunked up after only a few days. Bear in mind, I immediately bought 4 different concentrates and started going nuts with it, but this is going to be an issue everyone is going to have to deal with at some point, relative to how frequently they use it, and how pure their concentrates are.

Being a vape pen newbie, when I first saw the crusty buildup obscuring the coil, I thought I had overheated it and melted the coil or something. I fired off an email to 7th Floor, and quickly got a response from Chris, who explained that it was just ash buildup that needed to be cleaned periodically. He gave me several tips on how to clean it, and after some trial and error, it's pretty much back to new and ripping like a champ.

Still loving the hell out of this thing. Today, I MacGuyver'ed a cheapo rig so I could filter it through water and ice, and now I'm even happier. I had 60 bucks store credit at a local headshop for an aborted pen purchase, so I turned that in for some new glass. After getting that home, I cut off a 3'' piece of the tubing from my SSV's whip, and plugged my VIP's mouthpiece into one end. On the other end, is my SSV's "waterpipe adapter" piece, which (duh) goes in the bong where the bowl would go. Works like a charm. It's even easier to get gigantic clouds now that you don't feel the heat after your second or third press of the button.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have a second unit now.
I got only 175 hits on this new battery, but I did fiddle around a little bit.
I know to not pay attention to the actual number, but to keep an eye on the indicator now!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Things are smooth here, and the unit is functioning as it should. I have not gotten a chance to even use my spare Heater yet... which is good!
Battery life on the second battery was at 175- 185 uses, for 2 days, then today I suddenly am at 178 uses and half life is indoicated, and still going strong.
I am not complaining!

Breathemetal

I have not needed to clean it yet, but I am betting 99% Iso is going to be part of the program.

You are still using your first core? Wow. Hardy little guy...maybe I will just bite the bullet and pick one of these up until I decide whether or not I want a Cera. I just want something stealthy and efficient for bho that once filled up will last me a good 10 hour work day.

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Ash057

Breathemetal

I am giving serious ponderage to the VIP2.

Neither, the VIP or the 2 will do herb, right? These are just for ... oil, wax, CO2 oil?

Pretty much. Looks like he has done herb in the VIP1 but its not worth it.
So yeah, oil pens.

Breathemetal,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
And, after further perusal of this thread (see, I do try!), I think I'm leaning more to the VIP 1...

I feel like I'm ready to try the occasional concentrate. And vaping tincture sounds MARVELOUS!

Enchantre,
Reactions: ShipDit

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is the smaller VIP2 that allows use of tinctures(glycerin based tinctures) as well as waxes/full melt concentrates.
The VIP1 is for wax/oil... and can be coaxed into doing herb, but not to a satisfactory level.

I am having good battery life still.
Today, the battery just dipped below 3 lines, and is at a good count~
dsc02541uu.jpg

Vitolo,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hmm... I'm tossing this around with my hubby... he looks at me, says, "we've got a new vape coming now. Do you really need a pen?"

This is a disease, right? this need to try it all? :ninja:

Top Bottom