VIP from SSV

lwien

Ummm.........is it just me or does that cut-out look like it was done in a high school metal shop?

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There are a couple of forms of the disease... some more contagious than others-
There is VAD
and then the psychosomatic disorder of Vape Envy
Vape Acquisition disorder can be fed and controlled.
Vape envy is very hard to control... and make the victim feel that everyone elses vape gives better hits.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
How does it compare (the VIP1) to the Omicron O-PHOS?

I need to hunt down that thread, if there is one...

Enchantre,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The VIP1 does not hold the same amount of wax, and is a different system entirely.
The Omicron and O-Phos use a cart that requires that you use a funnel and melt your concentrate down into it. You then can fill an entire gram and use it over a long period of time. It is more elite of a tool.
The VIP uses a 1/4 gram of wax, and has an open chamber ... easy to drop your wax inside with no melting.
I have said earlier here, as well as repeatedly in the Omicron discussions that I can not compare the two.
The only comparison I can make is they both are used for wax.
Same comparison I could give with the Buddha and the MFLB.. they both are used for flowers.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
it's okay, I made a decision... since it totaled less than $100, I went with a VIP2, as I would like a good pen vape to try some concentrates with, but I don't want to spend a whole lot for something I might only use occasionally.

Plus, it's really little and sneaky.

Enchantre,
Reactions: ShipDit

Vitolo

Vaporist
And fact is, you will not have to worry about spare cartridges for a while.
I am certain have lots of fun with it!
You can add to your collection over time.

Vitolo,

Breathemetal

Alright cool, simple enough.
For my uses I think the VIP1 would be a better choice as it would get me through a work shift better than the 2 would.
Even though I suppose it isnt less stealthy to carry a tiny bho jar with you.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Alright cool, simple enough.
For my uses I think the VIP1 would be a better choice as it would get me through a work shift better than the 2 would.
Even though I suppose it isnt less stealthy to carry a tiny bho jar with you.
What if you used a slick ball?

Breathemetal

Those are pretty cool.
I have a nifty little glass jar I keep it in though, just as small as one of those slick balls, maybe even a bit smaller.
Fits fine in my pocket.

Man i want to pull the trigger on one of these but im not sure which...
The main differences to me are:

VIP1 = more oil, less refills
VIP2 = stealthier, better looking imo

dronesensor

What are you vaping in your VIP1, Vito? Mine got extremely gunked up after only 4 or 5 days, to the point where the coil was covered in a silvery, ashy crust that had to be painstakingly burned, scraped, and soaked off. Granted, I was using it every day, several times throughout the day, and brought it over to another friend/patient's house to show it off, but still... I'm dying to know your secret. Is there a certain consistency concentrate that you find works best?

On an unrelated note, I'm afraid my heating chamber might have taken a crap and died on me... It just doesn't seem to fire up with the same consistency, and sometimes won't heat up at all, even on a fully charged battery. I suspect my concentrates might by a little too "liquidy" for it. Of the two I have right now, one is a hard, sap-like wax, a consistency my dispensary refers to as "amber." This stuff works for a few pulls, but after that, the vapor gets really thin, and you can see that the coil isn't lighting up like it should. The other, they call "flake": it almost looks like kief from afar, but it's crispy, translucent yellow flakes of wax. It looks like lemon hard candy, crushed to a powder, and it kinda tastes like it, too. This stuff doesn't work at all. The VIP heats it up just enough to melt it, and let you taste it, but what happens to the rest, I don't know. Dropping this stuff in is just a waste.

I'm going to order another heating element, but I'm a little anxious to see what will happen. I'm really hoping I just got careless and knocked something loose, but I've also read some internet chatter about waxes and such messing up the heating coil of the Atmos Raw, which is the same design. Here's hoping my waxes aren't too much for the VIP on a regular basis. Maybe I should get an Omicron?

dronesensor,

Breathemetal

Now im going to hold off as the bho I use gets pretty liquidy quick, at least in my VB2.0. Within seconds it is a nice amber liquid, doesnt take much effort at all.

Breathemetal,

dronesensor

I've sent an email to Chris at 7th Floor regarding my heating element. I'll let you guys know what he says. It's possible I'm overfilling it, but judging by Vito's video, and the Atmos Raw demo vids I've seen, I'm not being excessive. The fact that the coil just doesn't light up sometimes, even when it seems to be empty, tells me it's either busted, or my wax/how much wax I'm putting in is messing it up.

I've noticed that when it's acting up, sometimes if I put my lips up to one of the holes in the sides of the chamber, and plug the other three with my finger, and blow with all my might (remember, I have CF, this can be quite a feat), some of the liquid that has seeped down through the tiny little hole that the heating coil sticks out of gets blown back out into the heating chamber, and I can get a rip or two (that is, if the coil is getting hot enough.)

While we're on the subject, what do you guys recommend for vaping BHO, if not a pen? I'm looking for something that would fit my needs, but it seems like all the pens on the market have pretty significant drawbacks.

The draw of pens is the fact that they're so portable and discreet, so if I'm experiencing any symptoms at work, I can step out to my car and take a couple of puffs to fix it. The past couple of months that I've been using pens, I've actually been getting more hours in at work, because if I get there and end up having stomach cramps, nausea, or hip pain (I also have osteopenia, related to my CF), I can take care of it. Since I can't smoke (and I wouldn't want to be reeking of weed at work, despite my co-workers' generally progressive views towards MMJ and pot in general), concentrate pens seem like a godsend. I've considered getting a portable vape, but with my tolerance level, it would take a ridiculous amount, and at that point, the heat generated would be irritating my airways nearly as much as smoke would. Not to mention there's a more noticeable odor, and it's less discreet.

dronesensor,
Reactions: ShipDit

pancreas_fractum

Fantastic info here, thanks to Vito and other contributors!

I thought the replacement heaters were $20, now they are $30 on 7th floor's site?

pancreas_fractum,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Looking at the section about using tincture in the VIP2, is that the amount that you used for your drive over to show someone? Because, it sounds like that vastly increases the effectiveness of tincture, being vaped vs. sublingual.

This is looking better and better... I'm glad I ordered it. :nod:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes, that was the amount, though I dod not nearly get even halfway through it.
The Glycerin tincture seems to go a long way~
It does increase effectiveness for a real patient....
If you vape flowers at home, then pg in public and vape the tinctures (which are slower to medicate when vaped)... you are not trying to achieve medicated state.... but just to maintain the vaped state you reached on the last session.
The vaping of Glyc. Tinc. prolongs and maintains your "level".

Breathemetal

Yes, that was the amount, though I dod not nearly get even halfway through it.
The Glycerin tincture seems to go a long way~
It does increase effectiveness for a real patient....
If you vape flowers at home, then pg in public and vape the tinctures (which are slower to medicate when vaped)... you are not trying to achieve medicated state.... but just to maintain the vaped state you reached on the last session.
The vaping of Glyc. Tinc. prolongs and maintains your "level".

Know of any good guides to make your own vito?

Breathemetal,

dronesensor

Well, I emailed Chris at 7th Floor about the heating element last night. I checked my email around noon, and I had a response from him saying they'd sent me a new heating chamber, and a shipping confirmation email from 7th Floor. I didn't even ask for a replacement, just asked some questions (and copy & pasted some passages from my last post here), and bam, new heating chamber. I even mentioned that I might have somehow damaged it in the cleaning process, but 7th Floor lived up to their good name, and went above and beyond.

For what it's worth, Chris also said the issue I'm experiencing hadn't cropped up in the testing they've been doing with these pens over the last 3 months. This leads me to believe I either got a dud, or I'm just a clumsy idiot and messed up the heating element somehow. It's most likely the latter, to be frank... my unit got extremely dirty my first week with it, and I had a hell of a time cleaning it.

Anyway, my hope is renewed, and I'm looking forward to having a clean slate with the new chamber. I'll check back in once I get it and put it through a little use.

I use the DBV Oil Rig for bigger more meaningful hits and sessions.

Is that more or less the same thing as this: http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/ssv-accessories-and-gear/flavor-oil-vapor-kit.html

Top Bottom