VaporGenie

OF

I refuse to let a Bic meet my VaporGenie, my first VG classic had its filter turn light gray and orangish. All my four others which were never used with a Bic haven't shown any color change or had any taste problems.

I really like using a torch for my coil but hate it for my hand carved, but I believe this to be due to the torch not being an angled torch. I personally think I've mastered all VG usage, hemp wick, torch, soft flame, all can deliver the same but I won't and can't recommend trying to teach new users to use the torch unless it's with glass or water, I've noticed far more uneven vaping and difficulty to vape at lower temperatures for newcomers when it comes to torch usage. Soft flames rarely cause many issues unless wind is present, but then that's when it becomes Hammer time.

I agree, not a comforting place to find strange colors......

I also agree, waving a torch around your nose while trying to get loaded can be distracting. But, I think, can be mastered with little effort. Learning with what you're comfortable with makes sense, but I think guys who don't give small torches a fair try are missing a bet.

OF

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PaytonPenn,

I refuse to let a Bic meet my VaporGenie...

For some reason i no longer wanted to trust Bic MiniTronics after a while, i prefered a lighter i can refill myself using quality fuel of my own choice that happens to be available locally...

...an angled torch. ...uneven vaping and difficulty to vape at lower temperatures...

Even using an "angle torch" i wouldn't have managed when i bought my 1st VG Classic a couple years ago, as a matter of fact even a yellow flame didn't work for me until i decided to moddify the pipe radically.

By the way, here's what is has become lately:

25zt21i.jpg

With it the torch lighter remains a bit difficult to handle so i try to reserve that for pre-heating and instances when it's windy/dark. Once it has warmed up i find more suitable to heat with the soft yellow flame instead, after i removed a supplemental extension. Long story...

In any case, i can only concur with the opinion that the torch requires getting acquainted first or it may start smelling funny around - not to mention i like to turn my front puck red (avoid any attempt to replicate this on a genuine classic!), euh...

Anyway, the truth is i've adopted both lighters and now i wouldn't want to leave any behind.

:peace:

ADDENDUM

Now lets see if i get enough eye-contact this way:

be9c9u.jpg

Hummm... I still need to try this but have no fears as all i need to do in case of failure is to plug the hole with a stick of wood. As for what i used to plug the normal ending it's just glass from a broken Arizer (V-Tower) stirring tool which pieces of electric tape hold in place temporarily. Total extension tubing amounts to 23 cm, from the red mark to some Arizer glass bit (Elbow Adapter) recycled as a mouthpiece, past the blue stripe.

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
UPDATE

More love for my VG:

105blp5.jpg

It may seem to be VG torture though actually this is a winner in terms of cough-proof configuration. Eye-contact isn't an issue anymore, which caused me to re-adjust my torch's flame output, which has become my prefered tool with this one...

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations KidFated,
Salutations PaytonPenn,

That's sickkkkk.

Well, here's more then:

2l9372h.jpg

Unfortunately i had to go back to a no-glass path because it didn't feel convenient anymore, as i needed the flexibility to switch between lighters. It was fun while it lasted but there's a trade-off... This works wonders with my blue jet flame butane lighter, actually!!

:nod:

Such eye-contact view makes a noticeable difference in any case.

Does PVC not have a taste? Any reason you haven't evolved to water or more glass? Egzoset

The pipe is self-moisturizing PaytonPenn, hence no need for water or even any glassware. PVC once had a bad taste bud that was when fresh-new, perhaps you should get more worried about teflon anyway - if you're not using a 3-Stones Twin-Shield (+ Deflector) modded VaporGenie Pipe, that is!...

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PaytonPenn,

The flexibility of PVC plastic feels nice at home in my veranda but i also happen to carry my pipe around, occasionally, so in the end it turns out glass might prove to be convenient enough after all:

24o2g7t.jpg

Simply because this specific item fits in suitably and it also makes it look good. Now, lets see the type of options i have:

Here's how i'd describe my air/vapor path using the glass extension, more exactly:

2q0jatt.jpg

Is that teflon straw 1 cm too close? Etc... Well, ideally the body would be metal and there would be a nipple for direct interface with the flexible PVC joint anyway, to even avoid the need for that teflon straw in the 1st place. But that's theory and there's practice, which i try to focus on to the best of my abilities...

More evaluation time ahead!

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Progress is made!

There can be no going back, this is the level of eye-contact i seek in this application indeed!! :nod:

Yep! But this new layout has unexpected consequences, here's how: lighter-specific holding positions.

106.gif

Well, i mean if i pick my blue jet Slick "Gun" then the pipe kind of fits in my left palm with the index near the tip of its base-sphere; while using my yellow flame Xikar Resource i prefer to handle it by the end (near white circle) where my tubing connects - and i must keep reminding myself that i should stick to that tube because no further than about 3/16 " away there's a hot bowl i can feel actually, so i need to be careful how that particular finger moves... Maybe i just didn't notice something equivalent before but this new configuration translates as 2 totally different ways to hold my pipe, depending on which butane lighter i wish to use. As a consequence such feature can become tiresome when switching frequently between flames.

Other than that i'd say the long path remains the best method to avoid coughing: to see it coming, almost litterally.

It may seem like a radical moddification though in reality it's reversible as i only need to unplug the horizontal hole and seal the top one with that same plug. In the present example it's a short piece of HA teflon straw and a wood stick inserted in its center, quite efficient for the dramatic contrast it provides...

:cool:

Anyway, last but not least comes my glass path item with a PVC one (shown above) that can be added to extend the extension, euh...

Ah, and jet flame is brutal on this eroding modded pipe, i feel 2 to 2.5 mm of ceramic filter stuff in the funel aperture wouldn't hurt, especially now that the 1 mm disc got a bit cracked last time i reconfigured the screen. If i stick to the VG path then i'll have to consider new purchases soon, eventually. Unless i suddenly fall on "Plan-A", but i can be patient. Well, about flames i'd say jet works but it appears to "cook" faster.

Also lets simply mention this is LEGO land: plenty of possibilities to evaluate...

Good day, have fun!

Last edited:
Egzoset,
Reactions: as

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Egzoset I'll be honest and say most of the time I have no idea what your really talkin' about, Not your/my fault I believe it's a language/ cultural barrier That leaves me scratching my head wondering sometimes.

I do have to say that is now one of the coolest looking VG classics I've seen.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Rude Boy,

...a language/cultural barrier...

Since this is work in progress i could hardly predict such conclusion in the begining but i kept tweaking it and a stimulating result is emerging finally, so here it is once more, in picture:

2hxa69j.jpg

Hoping this last illustration takes care of remaining barriers... :D

...that is now one of the coolest looking VG classics I've seen.

The last changes were a bit radical but yes, we appear to concur thank you!

Somehow it pleases me to imagine that the next VaporGenie release might support both fire and magnetic induction, depending on the moment's preference over self-moisturization or thermostatic butane-free action!...

Isn't that worth a scratch on the head or two?

Egzoset

Banned
UPDATE

This is a flexible PVC plastic extension tube ready to be submitted to a couple hot/cold brutal transitions between super-hot boiling water in the micro-wave and tap water that's as cold as it will come in June:

121xv81.jpg

Once my bracing (read pressurizing) tape was taken off (and glue residues, etc., cleaned with alcohol!) i removed the temporary bi-colour section inside and put a clear one in its place as i didn't want this much colour, only some hues. Temperature choc conditioning appears to render the new shape at least partly permanent, my purpose being to gather tension points away from the glass tube.

So here's the result:

zu2ij5.jpg

That later strategy with a teflon nipple staying on the pipe pleases me more as i keep thinking of a bronze version with such feature eventually integrated into the whole profile. The evoked imagery feels stimulating somehow...

105.gif

Switching between tubing configurations can be fun, for example the 3 sections assembled together allow me to use the blue torch lighter to pre-heat my front puck without risking a surprize: the cloud is stretched a lot on its way out and hence this provides the reaction-time i need, although it's not much this still makes a significant difference to me.

:nod:

As the sphere & bowl get hotter i change to a shorter setup and if i start coughing then i consider going back to the previous step (for that one toke), etc... The glass tube may create a sense of luxury but the moment when it really shines is when i can conveniently shake off condensed water to be exact.

By the way, ain't that little beast Self-Moisturizing or what!!

:D

So, this simple custon-made connection system works since the teflon nipple on my modded pipe is used within its operating parameters it seems - or wood should start fuming 1st i believe! The mating female will be a bit colder so i don't mind for high-temperature synthetic material that close to the base, not to mention it's covered with a metal screen that i expect to lower temperature even more...

When cannabic vapour finally touches the PVC plastic i'm guessing there's not much heat left to cause worries, considering the spontaneous formation of a Oily/Watery Demarcation Point just confirmed my initial observations.

In conclusion PVC plastic wins over glass in some contexts while the later remains quite appreciable in a few select others. LEGO land awaits for my evaluation again in anyway!

Egzoset,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Was really hard to take a good photo of the ABV, not very satisfied with the ones I had to settle with. I could have kept vaping for all the bowls except the obvious one. That one I got a little greedy.

e5IzXFG.jpg

y7Qy6k8.jpg

1hdQt57.jpg

1hdQt57.jpg

paytonpenn,
Reactions: $unnyblaq

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations PaytonPenn,

Can you please comment this picture as i don't understand what it is:

y7Qy6k8.jpg

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again PaytonPenn,

Dark abv?

M'yeah, a little incinerated perhaps. Sorry for asking, i needed to feel confident it was real...

4.gif

Or the tube to fip?

Actually i believe you may have meant to provide this reference from a previous post instead...

« I found a bowl you can pickup from Home Depot that will connect your flame filter AND connect to a 14 mm glass downstem. »

OKay, now i get the picture as this is what i wanted myself:

For some persons the modo should be 1 Sip 1 Toke Once Coughing Begins, so i can understand the motivation to adapt a VG sphere to water glassware although it's generating water vapour of its own.

Nonetheless, that ABV may be a hint that your selection of layout/material results in too much radiative/conductive heat, IMO. Not to mention i'd use a finer grind but i also understand it's not always a convenient option. Yet, all i can think of is push the screen ring-support deep down and install a concave screen on it so there's, euh... Oh! Ah, i forgot... "Tube to fip" thing. Hummm... Euh... Any deeper model? Somewhat poorer heat-conducting metal may work too i would hope.

Egzoset,

OF

I'm was stuck between this and the coil but after seeing how beautiful walnut looks I think I've made my choice :brow::cool::love:

I have both and much prefer the more conventional type. Aiming a torch at your mustache a few inches out isn't conducive to relaxing where I come from.

I'm confident if you tried both, you'd agree. You chose wisely, grasshopper.......

Enjoy it, get a good lighter, keep it dry, grind well.

OF

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
For me, use with WTs is where the Coil shines, I cant think of another vape that fits all WTs out of the box that is Soft-Flame Operated(regular lighter)besides Vaporstar? And ive managed some pretty dense non-charred hits with the Coil(requires skill), comparable even to the Lotus....

Last edited:

cat420

Hi there,

just a question : today I v noticed that after a month the metal inside the top part of my VG is totally black...I have cleaned it with a fabric but lot of dark kind of oil acumulated there...
I guess is from the lighter and I do not like it that much : Probably some of this dark is in my lungs as well...isn't it...or the ceramic filter is that powerfull ? I m now using a cheap lighter with electronic ignition just to avoid the bic ..I m still waiting for a couple of torch whcih I ll be able to refill with purified butane.
Is this black staff accumulation normal or perhaps is due to the bad quality of the butane inside my "made in china" lighter ? Thanks in advance.

cat420,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom