VaporGenie

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Damn! That's cheaper than a coil! Good find, any bronze for sale anywhere???

SSVUN~YAH,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

I'd like to see them sold with a 2nd "puck", and why not a spacer too - as i'll provide my own tubing!...

:brow:

Bronze but short would be great, e.g. a metal version of the wooden classic will do just fine actually. I can't tell if that works with a genuine VG since i've modified mine (and look forward for a 4th transformation), but i've started using my pipe in various ways (normal/standard vertical pipe fashion, horizontal side-lightning - which is my method with PVC tubing), etc.

Essentially there are 2 modes:

a) Capture heated air from around the flame
{...my front "Puck" doesn't have to get particularily red...}
b) Turn the (front) "foamy rock" red (~4 sec.) then remove fire while still inhaling (2-4 sec.)

{..more focus on amount vs duration required while heating, also OKay with a blue torch...}

Mode "a)" can be performed without a PVC tubing extension as that's the original way. Mode "b)" probably depends on the fact that my front "Ceramic Filter" is thin and hence easier to redden than a standard VG version. Mine fits with a slightly thicker "puck" near the bowl and a spacer in between (which may become a counter-measure effective against "hot-spots" if lucky)... Anyway, i think mode "b)" helps to reduce fuel consuption and a blue torch flame would only make that better i believe; it also tends to be somewhat more spicy, that is why i appear to require direct eye-contact on the front "Ceramic Filter" (provided through my PVC extension tube).

In both modes i feel having a "2-Stones" configuration is a real improvement and then this is how i come to wish the manufacturer would extend his offer to include kits, perhaps...

:peace:

SSVUN~YAH

After using a VG classic, VG coil, Arizer Extreme Q, Arizer Solo, Digital Volcano, No name wooden box, and SSV all with and without glass. I can confirm for myself, nothing gives me bell ringing rips with my glass quite like the VG coil, it amazes me so simple and so inexpensive!!!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found I prefer to have some kind of ash catcher in line when using my flame vapes on glass, it gives you the opportunity to stop if you start to accidentally combust, before you foul up your entire glass set up, plus I found it easier, visually to have it in line as well.

farscaper

I found I prefer to have some kind of ash catcher in line when using my flame vapes on glass, it gives you the opportunity to stop if you start to accidentally combust, before you foul up your entire glass set up, plus I found it easier, visually to have it in line as well.

is there a VG water tool adapter or is this the kinda thing i need to rig up? recent power outages here have made me question not having a flower vape that is electric free... but im going to need to hook it up to glass. I didnt see anything on the VG site, and am starting to think this is a mod to get it to work... lol can i jam one of the glass bats in a gong fitting?

farscaper,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ssun -- even better than the SSV? That's a surprise...maybe I'll have to break out that little coil again tonight with the Ion...here's to remembering!

jam...I just started trying to mod my cloudbuddy to work with the glass VG top and read your last post. That's a good point about combustion (which I'm confident won't happen once I get my technique down, but I may combust a couple of times before then). regardless, I am going to go back and look at your mods. I don't think I can hang a screen with a wire because the top is tight against the glass. maybe I should get an ashcatcher and mod that thing.

EDIT: farscraper...you and I are on the same quest. VG makes nothing like this and they aren't going to, so it is up to us to figure it out.

EDIT2: farscaper...I just went through all of jam's mods on this thread and the best thing to do is get an 18mm male to 18mm female adapter with a small bulb chamber in the middle for placing the screen. But the other option I am going to try with my cloudbuddy is using a VG wire and screen to produce some tension against a glass area with no pinches or anything for the screen to grab. I'll let you know if this works (it is like how jam adapted the HS pipe for the glass VG top).

stickstones,

farscaper

ssun -- even better than the SSV? That's a surprise...maybe I'll have to break out that little coil again tonight with the Ion...here's to remembering!

jam...I just started trying to mod my cloudbuddy to work with the glass VG top and read your last post. That's a good point about combustion (which I'm confident won't happen once I get my technique down, but I may combust a couple of times before then). regardless, I am going to go back and look at your mods. I don't think I can hang a screen with a wire because the top is tight against the glass. maybe I should get an ashcatcher and mod that thing.

EDIT: farscaper...you and I are on the same quest. VG makes nothing like this and they aren't going to, so it is up to us to figure it out.

well that's not very ambitious of them is it? :disgust:

I have no idea the dimensions, but could the coil not just be used like a VG coil bowl for a bubbler? either 14 or 18, but internet picture sizes can be deceiving, but the coils mouth piece kinda reminds me of that universal fit like what my vapenwiser Ti nail has... and since you mention breaking out the coil and ion i figure it must be something that you have/are going to try,but i could be totally off base.

i did see a youtube vid that a guy took the cap off a wood vg and "screwed?" it onto an og metal bowl (like the ones with the cap we used to smoke whistle out of lol. but who has one of those ancient relics lying around :myday:

sort out your VG mods, lets see em! Jam, im gonna come peruse the HSG mod thread too.

farscaper,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just stuck the tension wire and the screen in the buddy and it is not seating low enough, I think...haven't tried it yet.

I did that whole 'wood top to brass bowl to plastic bong' thing and it hit great. and I have done the coil on the Ion, but I miss the glass vg taste. ultimately, I just need to get the adapter like jam...but I was hoping to use the buddy for dual purpose.

stickstones,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

farscaper

well for 35 bucks from VG its worth it at least to get some of the internal parts i suppose. but yea glass all the way if possible!

for the life of me i cannot find that HSG glass mod thread... :freak:

farscaper,

SSVUN~YAH

I put a small o-ring on the 3rd to bottom rung of the coil and get my best uses from 14 mm female joints via my 18f-14f adapter and reducer...

sticston - yes better than the ssv, but the 7th floor mushroom poker, mine is purple:D, fits the coil bowl perfectly. Pack up just enough to completely cover the screen, lightly press down with mushroom top and blast off!

SSVUN~YAH,

farscaper

I put a small o-ring on the 3rd to bottom rung of the coil and get my best uses from 14 mm female joints via my 18f-14f adapter and reducer...

sticston - yes

nice, is the o-ring just to prevent "play" so to speak or does yours require it to create an effective seal?

farscaper,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH

You've hit on both reasons! But as Stu said before the seal doesn't need to be perfect for it to be effective. If it sways to much with just one use two side by side, I have one just a bit thicker that I put on first then the smaller one below.

I imagine you could use high temp silicone over the whole coil as well, and have heard seen the bat used like that as well but not tried myself...

SSVUN~YAH,

farscaper

Is this the glass bat you observed being used with the silicone?

Very interesting if so :D
You've hit on both reasons! But as Stu said before the seal doesn't need to be perfect for it to be effective. If it sways to much with just one use two side by side, I have one just a bit thicker that I put on first then the smaller one below.

I imagine you could use high temp silicone over the whole coil as well, and have heard seen the bat used like that as well but not tried myself...

farscaper,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just stuck the tension wire and the screen in the buddy and it is not seating low enough, I think...haven't tried it yet.

I did that whole 'wood top to brass bowl to plastic bong' thing and it hit great. and I have done the coil on the Ion, but I miss the glass vg taste. ultimately, I just need to get the adapter like jam...but I was hoping to use the buddy for dual purpose.

I went ahead and used this cautiously with just a sprinkling of goodies and had good results. Got three respectable hits off such a small sample. it would work better if I could figure out a way to secure it lower in the stem. but I went ahead and took it all out since it was too high to accommodate the glass stopper when using the Cloud.

EDIT: I just broke down and got the adapter jam has, even though it will require my 14mm reducer...I figured the restriction in the glass vg was way more than going from 18 to 14.

stickstones,
Reactions: farscaper

farscaper

I figure all I really need is a 18f/14m adapter, that is the bowl area and the reduction into the 14m will be just like the bowl on the vg. I have a low pro reducer already that needs a use...

I think im in the hole for a coil and the "bowl" adapter wich mariposa has the glass adapter for 10 and I need the coil for the filter only really... Wish I could buy just a filter off somewhere/ one.

farscaper,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Farscaper,

...starting to think this is a mod to get it to work...

...it is up to us to figure it out.

Well, i fail to understand why a water accessory should be required while uising a self-moisturizing vaporizing pipe but i can see the need for "modding" too anyway. Actually, i'll have to find a durable fire-resistant replacement for my "2-Stones" configuration as i wish to switch to blue "jet" flame... Also, i'd like to know how much heat punishment a "foamy rock" can take (since i make mine glow red - call that my own favourite "turbo" mode)...

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
UPDATE

How much is too much? Well, i'm finally getting close at last.

dw3scn.jpg

This is how my "2-Stones" 4th Modded VG is presently built, the screen-spacer is about the same thickness than the main spacer and the front "puck" besides it (e.g. 3mm). The main "Ceramic Filter" is 5 mm thick. Everything is nearly 14 mm in diameter...

Below i'm showing how the main spacer fits in, without my front (e.g. 2nd) "puck" installed:

5uqopi.jpg

Now here are 3 prototypes tested:

2u8krc1.jpg

"Target Zone" designates the range of desirable "defocussing" obturation to be implemented.

Practically no "Hot Spot" events occured using the larger bit, a few were still expected with the medium-size spacer. Preliminary impressions are to the effect that "Hot Spots" can be satisfyingly limited while a "1 Hit" session in (hot-red) turbo" mode only takes place in about 5 to 7 seconds it seems. My top "Ceramic Filter" is getting loose from all those experiments, unfortunately; if i forge another spacer it will have a mid-range area, of course, but that will have to wait as i need to better evaluate those one i got already.

Also, it would be interesting to try a main "Ceramic Filter" which has been rendered thinner... Probably 3 mm since that's a common value in this case.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jam...I got my adapter in from pipesdaddy and dropped a screen in and it worked the first time! Now...I didn't put a lot in there and it wasn't thick because I didn't like how the screen fit. It was just resting there gently. How do you have yours? Is it flat or domed a little? And how far into the bulb does it get stuck?

Thanks!

stickstones,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I use a rather large screen, and I dome it a bit. When the glass is clean, it's hard to get it to stay put, you just have to sort of balance the load in there, and try not to move it. Once it gums up a little it stays better. I have mine as far as it would push into the rounded part and suspend.

CheeseSandwich

Well I just received my 2 VG coils from wickiepipe this morning. Came with a free acrylic grinder and two free mini bic's...nice. For as primitive as this thing is it works really well so far. Within 3 bowls i had the technique figured out somewhat? I combusted on the second one but only because I tried my butane torch on it:doh:
I went back to the bic on the 3rd bowl and got 4 nice rips. Nicely buzzed right now...all in all I give it a thumbs up for sure.:tup: And the 2nd Coil will make a great father's day gift.

Top Bottom