Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
yeah, mine still stays in there but it can come out if I pull it, guna have to cough it up and get a new one..they're 40$ tho..that's a little high for a piece of plastic but at least I can choose from a couple different colors now

the turn knob on the vapor blunt site says its for vaporblunt 1 but doesn't mention 2, does anyone know if its the same?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

The are different. If you can't find something on the website it is most likely an over site on our part, just call or email them and they will get your order processed.

TherealVaporblunt,

sterv

Hi! I just got the vaporblunt 2.0 and I am liking it very much as a personal vaporizer.
I only have one problem with the unit - the boil glass piece does not fit into the white plastic (teflon?) ring on the oil bowl. I need to hold the glass in place for it to work.
How do I solve this?

Thank you!

sterv,

Herbal Ant

Hi! I just got the vaporblunt 2.0 and I am liking it very much as a personal vaporizer.
I only have one problem with the unit - the boil glass piece does not fit into the white plastic (teflon?) ring on the oil bowl. I need to hold the glass in place for it to work.
How do I solve this?

Thank you!

Warm up the concentrate bowl first and push down firmly, that's what I did. It was also mentioned by TRVB that you can remove the teflon if you would like.

Herbal Ant,
Reactions: OF

sterv

Warm up the concentrate bowl first and push down firmly, that's what I did. It was also mentioned by TRVB that you can remove the teflon if you would like.

hmm yeah I did read that somewhere and I tried it, but it was quite difficult. I could not get the teflon to budge at all, is it supposed to be hard to remove?

sterv,

Herbal Ant

hmm yeah I did read that somewhere and I tried it, but it was quite difficult. I could not get the teflon to budge at all, is it supposed to be hard to remove?

Yep, mine was hard as hell to get off too. If I remember correctly, there is a rim or two of teflon on the inside that is held by the 6 metal...posts I guess you would call them. So it helps if you try and wedge something very thin, but sturdy, in between the teflon and posts. While you pull up on it with a needle nose pliers or something to that effect.

Herbal Ant,

Breathemetal

Benched my VB2 for a while, brought it back to life a few days ago.
Been getting much better results with a powder fine grind and a tight/heavy pack.
Before i was loosely packing the herb in the thimble, and not getting good results. :mad:

Still diggin' the oil attachment.
Vaped some Strawberry Cough bho out of it this morning....WAM! :tup:

Breathemetal,

zourdiesel

stir cap broke again second time! just got the new one too...not happy...I wana like the vb but the stir cap is so susceptible to breaking

zourdiesel,

OF

stir cap broke again second time! just got the new one too...not happy...I wana like the vb but the stir cap is so susceptible to breaking

I feel left out, I haven't broken even one. Then again I don't pack it in and gronk down on the cap, I wonder if this might be why guys are having them break?

OF

OF,

Herbal Ant

Are the tabs breaking, or are they melting and breaking? If your tabs keep melting, imo, it's prolly because your unit is getting hotter then it's supposed to and is defective, I would contact customer service.

zourdiesel

i was super super careful with it once I got the replacement. I really only use level 2, and after a couple weeks the stir cap came out and I look and most of the little legs are gone, probably melted, now theres only one left...sorta worried I may have inhaled melted plastic? where did they go?

zourdiesel,

OF

i was super super careful with it once I got the replacement. I really only use level 2, and after a couple weeks the stir cap came out and I look and most of the little legs are gone, probably melted, now theres only one left...sorta worried I may have inhaled melted plastic? where did they go?

So it's not a matter of forcing the cover on a jammed full bowl then?

This is strange, most plastics soften ('slump') long before they melt....that's why we call the flexible state "plastic" in so many materials. "Plastic deformation" is in fact a Material Science term applied to metals and other materials that can be heated to soften then distorted without failures. Heat should distort the legs, not break them off......

I suspect the missing parts are in the ABV jar, they for sure did not turn to vapor and go out up the pipe and through you.....

Strange indeed. There must be something else in play here. Lots of us run hotter than 2 and have no problems with ours, for a single guy to have it happen more than once says something else is afoot?

My best guess still comes back to forcing that relatively large stirring rod into an already jammed full bowl using the 'cam action' of the latches? A slight misalignment or other issue could snap them off if you pushed a bit too hard I bet? You've got a pretty effective lever there......

OF

OF,

Old Fart

Yep, mine was hard as hell to get off too. If I remember correctly, there is a rim or two of teflon on the inside that is held by the 6 metal...posts I guess you would call them. So it helps if you try and wedge something very thin, but sturdy, in between the teflon and posts. While you pull up on it with a needle nose pliers or something to that effect.

I'm also struggling with the oil attachment on my nifty new VB 2.0. Looking at the adapter, wouldn't removing the teflon also remove the spring legs and metal cup? If so, where to put the oil and hook up the glass tube?

Thanks.

Old Fart,

Breathemetal

I fail to see how anyone vapes below temp 4.
4 & 5 are the sweet spots for me...then again, i have a rather high tolerance (which i loathe).

I've tried it and all temp settings.
1 just gave me light wisps of flavor, but nothing i could ever get medicated from
2 is so-so, i can get okay hits if i pull for 20+ seconds
3 i can get good hits if i pull for around 15 seconds
4-5 i can get killer rips out of it in several seconds, yes i know im burning it quicker...but the hits are more flavorful and intense.

still loving this little guy...but he will definitely be shelved once i get a cera...or perhaps gifted.

Breathemetal,

Herbal Ant

I'm also struggling with the oil attachment on my nifty new VB 2.0. Looking at the adapter, wouldn't removing the teflon also remove the spring legs and metal cup? If so, where to put the oil and hook up the glass tube?

Thanks.

Nope, the teflon is a separate piece, I have taken it off, and put it back on before.

Herbal Ant,

Old Fart

Nope, the teflon is a separate piece, I have taken it off, and put it back on before.

Ah, thanks. Looking at the adapter and fiddling with it I see what you're talking about. The teflon tube is independent of the rest of the assembly. And, yes, looks like it would be a bear to remove. You had more courage than I do at this point. How is VB on selling me a new adapter if I mess this one up?

Just to tie this off. I figured an easy non-destructive way to remove the teflon tube using small needle nose pliers. (Bent nose type makes it even easier.):

1.Grab and hold the metal cup on the bottom of the adapter with one hand.
2. Use pliers on the tube at a point where the metal prongs are separated. You should be able to get about a 1/16" deep grip.
3. Pull straight up away from the adapter.
4. Once the tube moves, shift the pliers to a gap 180 degrees from the first one.
5. Pull again and you should be there.

No muss. no fuss. Drive on....

mod note: Unavoidable back-to-back posts because edit window had expired. Two posts merged anyway.

Old Fart,

Dunii

So, my charger is dying for my VB 2.0. Vaporblunt informed me today that I would have to replace it at my own expense. Even though the unit is warrantied for 1 year. The only thing with a 90 day warranty is the battery. I was just about to make another vaporizer purchase and I can guarantee you that I won't be looking at their company's products. Too many problems and their service is so-so.

EDIT: Wanted to add that I got an email from TBV. They will not honor the one year warranty. They claim that their warranty does not cover damage to the charger. That seems funny to me, because their site specifically states that the only thing not covered under 1 year terms is the battery. Yep, totally not getting a Pinnacle.

Dunii,

OF

They claim that their warranty does not cover damage to the charger. That seems funny to me, because their site specifically states that the only thing not covered under 1 year terms is the battery.

I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Without looking at the exact wording abuse and physical damage is usually never covered under warranty. The typical 'boiler plate' in such things is covering "...defects in materials or workmanship".

You don't expect Toyota to replace the car you wrap around a phone pole, do you?

By all means spend your money in ways that make you happy, but I don't think their stand is out of line. What, exactly., was the agreement when you purchased? It's a legal contract, if it's covered it's covered, they don't get to decide after the fact.

Good luck with it.

OF

OF,

Dunii

I don't see how I'm at fault here? Their charger is failing after 6 months of use. If I smashed their charger against a telephone pole, I could understand, but the thing is working part of the time, but only when I hold the wire a certain way. It's obviously shorting out somewhere. Their warranty terms are as follows: Warranty
The vaporBLUNT has a 1 Year Limited Product Warranty which covers your vaporizer against defects in manufacturing, parts and labor. If your vaporBLUNT breaks during warranty coverage, we will fix or replace it.
The Battery has a 90 Day Limited Warranty.

These terms don't say a thing about not covering the charger for a full year.

Dunii,

OF

I don't see how I'm at fault here? Their charger is failing after 6 months of use. If I smashed their charger against a telephone pole, I could understand, but the thing is working part of the time, but only when I hold the wire a certain way. It's obviously shorting out somewhere. Their warranty terms are as follows: Warranty
The vaporBLUNT has a 1 Year Limited Product Warranty which covers your vaporizer against defects in manufacturing, parts and labor. If your vaporBLUNT breaks during warranty coverage, we will fix or replace it.
The Battery has a 90 Day Limited Warranty.

These terms don't say a thing about not covering the charger for a full year.

Again, sorry about the problem, but it sure sounds like it's an open (break, not a short circuit) caused by flexing right at the connection....like jerking out a plug by the cord leads to.

True, it doesn't say chargers are excluded, but it does say "against defects in manufacturing, parts and labor"

Just where do you suggest the defect lies? It worked as delivered, it no doubt failed because of flexing the cable over time. If it were my call, I might agree with you, but I can honestly understand (and support) their stand here. They have not refused to do something they agreed to do as I see it.

The charger itself is nothing fancy, you probably have a one Amp 12VDC unit on something else that will work except for 'the funny connector' part. If you're the slightest bit handy (can strip wires and run a screwdriver) you could cut the cord off and use one of these:
http://www.mpja.com/55_21mm-Power-Jack-Screw-Terminals/productinfo/19454 PL/

to plug your other charger into. If you don't have one, the same guys will sell you one cheap:
http://www.mpja.com/12VDC1A-Plug-Supply-Hon-Kwang/productinfo/19466 PS/
http://www.mpja.com/12V1A-Plug-Supply-OEM/productinfo/30225 PS/

You can also get the adapter from Amazon but you have to buy 10 (still five bucks):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MHUN7S/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, good luck with it. But IMO the ball's in your court.

OF

Dunii

Well, I'll have to disagree with you. I don't go around jerking power cables out of anything. I have probably only moved this charger three times since January. Most of the time, the cable is hanging out on the top of my nightstand. Failure of a wire after 6 months is a defect, in my opinion. Anything that fails with normal usage after 6 months, should be covered under warranty, and is covered, according to their own terms.

The thing that they didn't answer in my email is why I get a light flashing sequence when it fails to charge when I plug it in. I get two blue flashes, followed by 5 or 6 rapid red flashes. Not sure if it was due to the battery being dead at the time.

Dunii,

OF

Well, I'll have to disagree with you. I don't go around jerking power cables out of anything.

OK. I never said you did that, did I? I used that as an example of mechanical failures common to such things which I think is what you're facing. I'm trying to help you here, really, looking stuff up for you and offering low cost solutions and trying to explain what I see as the legal and practical reality.

It's clear now you don't want that, I guess you're here to vent......go for it, I'm not going to waste any more effort where it's not appreciated and gets thrown back in my face.

You're on your own, good luck fighting city hall.

OF

OF,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Well, I'll have to disagree with you. I don't go around jerking power cables out of anything. I have probably only moved this charger three times since January. Most of the time, the cable is hanging out on the top of my nightstand. Failure of a wire after 6 months is a defect, in my opinion. Anything that fails with normal usage after 6 months, should be covered under warranty, and is covered, according to their own terms.

The thing that they didn't answer in my email is why I get a light flashing sequence when it fails to charge when I plug it in. I get two blue flashes, followed by 5 or 6 rapid red flashes. Not sure if it was due to the battery being dead at the time.

I have been out of town for quite a while, I am completely out of the loop so I haven't heard of your issue. I can tell you I do not make the charger, it's a standard charger used by thousands of companies. We honor the same warranty they do, which is up to 90 days I think. I agree that it's not spelled out in full detail by us in the warranty terms, but I imagine it would be quite lengthy if I covered every possible issue that might arise.

I will look into why you received the answer you did, and I will get back to you on Monday.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
So, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. I've narrowed it down to this or the Davinci

My criteria is stealth, bowl size, battery life and newbie friendly. Leaf only, oils are not an issue. I've decided waiting on the Inhxp, Ascent or pinnacle to be beta tested by purchasers, plus the shipping delays was not something I was willing to do. :)

So is there any reason I should not get a VB 2.0 based on my criteria? Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks,
Bill

deadheadbill,

OF

So, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. I've narrowed it down to this or the Davinci

So is there any reason I should not get a VB 2.0 based on my criteria? Does anyone have experience with both?

I have and like both. I think for stealth DV has the advantage, for battery life and bowl size VB. I think the display and controls are easier to deal with for new guys on VB, the 'battery meter' definitely better.

Both are good units IMO, neither ideal, either will serve well.

OF

Top Bottom