Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

Dodgerdodger

Hey guys/gals.....new here, just got my VB2 yesterday and had a few noob questions. I've been using an Omicron v2 for the past few months (earwax and oil), and love it. Was looking at getting the Pinnacle, and saw that the VB2 did herbs and consentrates, so switched my order to the VB2.

So far pretty good, still need to do some playing with it to get things dialed in. Vape cloud for herb didn't seem very thick, nor did it continue pulling for to long (maybe 4 - 5 minutes on either setting 2 or 3). Am going to try and pack a bit more in the chamber tonight, wondering if I was going a little to light knowing your not supposed to "pack" the screen too tight. Good dry herb, so don't think that's an issue.

Also, tried the consentrate attachment with some real nice earwax.......couple ok hits, and then not much of anything (on setting 5). There was a pool of wax liquid in the bottom, but barely was producing much of any real vapor. A) Am I doing this right? Let it warm all the way up and drop in the wax?? B) How much are you loading for a personal sit down sesh??

I know I'll get more things figured out as I go, but figured I'd also throw a line out to the experts! The Omicron definitely took some time to get all running fairly smoothly......

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Dodgerdodger,

Herbal Ant

I think my UPS man's been wanting to hit me up for a connection since I received the package. I keep avoiding him.
Just the opposite for me, I think the mailman is avoiding me now. Ever since he dropped off the box he doesn't knock anymore, just leaves the package on the porch. He has done it twice now in two weeks...

Hey guys/gals.....new here, just got my VB2 yesterday and had a few noob questions. I've been using an Omicron v2 for the past few months (earwax and oil), and love it. Was looking at getting the Pinnacle, and saw that the VB2 did herbs and consentrates, so switched my order to the VB2.

So far pretty good, still need to do some playing with it to get things dialed in. Vape cloud for herb didn't seem very thick, nor did it continue pulling for to long (maybe 4 - 5 minutes on either setting 2 or 3). Am going to try and pack a bit more in the chamber tonight, wondering if I was going a little to light knowing your not supposed to "pack" the screen too tight. Good dry herb, so don't think that's an issue.

Also, tried the consentrate attachment with some real nice earwax.......couple ok hits, and then not much of anything (on setting 5). There was a pool of wax liquid in the bottom, but barely was producing much of any real vapor. A) Am I doing this right? Let it warm all the way up and drop in the wax?? B) How much are you loading for a personal sit down sesh??

I know I'll get more things figured out as I go, but figured I'd also throw a line out to the experts! The Omicron definitely took some time to get all running fairly smoothly......

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Well I don't think I have attained a proper working unit yet, so take this for what you may, but in my experience, it wasn't a real big cloud maker. I think I saw some people that posted the water tower helped to produce bigger clouds though. Also, try plugging it in when you use it for wax, and your doing it right, but don't use too much at a time. Remember, you can always add more if you need, so start small.

Herbal Ant,

Dodgerdodger

Just the opposite for me, I think the mailman is avoiding me now. Ever since he dropped off the box he doesn't knock anymore, just leaves the package on the porch. He has done it twice now in two weeks...

Well I don't think I have attained a proper working unit yet, so take this for what you may, but in my experience, it wasn't a real big cloud maker. I think I saw some people that posted the water tower helped to produce bigger clouds though. Also, try plugging it in when you use it for wax, and your doing it right, but don't use too much at a time. Remember, you can always add more if you need, so start small.

Yeah thanks Herbal Ant, I know you've had some issues with the VB2, read this entire thread.

Tonight was only my 4th bowl threw this thing.......all seemed to go much better. One thing I guess I missed was letting the unit heat up first, and then drop the full bowl in. Makes sense, just saw it elsewhere to load and heat till ready.

Any who, loaded up just a bit more than last night, a little keef on top, and got a nice amount of vapor for the most part, and stayed about the same for the entire 10 min sesh. So yeah, just some learning of what works best.

Will try a little wax again later and see if anything goes differently.....

Dodgerdodger,
Reactions: ShipDit

Old School

Vape13man
I was hoping to get the pong adapter bundled with a TRVB HT - I don't have one currently. But it looks like I can get the 18mm pong for ~$35, and then get an 18-to-14 adapter, so good point. Still I would prefer a VB2 14mm pong.

I'm with you lets just go with a nice short 14mm pong as the theme I was hoping for was to make the thing shorter and still have a small short glass. This thing is more than a bit too tall now adding another adapter 18mm to 14 mm for the purpose of using a smaller shorter glass seems counter productive IMO.

The attachment we have for sale reduces the 18mm attachment to a 14mm male. Is that what you are looking for?

Is there any chance of you just coming out with a screw on 14mm Pong adapter made to look like the 18mm..?
Like the WT but it is just too darn tall..... it has come so close to taking a tumble its not even funny...

If it connects the VB2 PonG to your pinnacle hydrotube, then yes! Is it available now?

Edit: I don't see it on your website, but think I briefly saw it when you had your new website up last week (but it wouldn't let me order).

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Old School,

Herbal Ant

So my new unit came today with all new everything. They sent the red one this time, looks pretty slick. Sending back the defective one tomorrow, they said I could keep whatever accessories I wanted and just send back the unit. Do you guys think the slightly melted stir cap from the second unit is safe to use with the new one, or no because the plastic is compromised? Don't think a person would really need 2 stir caps, but I guess it would be nice to have a backup is case of a threading issue or what not.

Herbal Ant,
Reactions: ShipDit

RUFrider

So I need some insight on my vb2.0. I've put about 20+ bowls through mine, used 3 different kinds of herb, tried all the different heat settings, tried all the vape tricks and since day one it has had disappointing results. It struggles to produce hardly any vapor at all, and barely gives a buzz. I have to do 2 15 min sessions on the 3rd heat setting to finish every bowl, Setting 4 pretty much starts to combust the herb. It's my 3rd vape...I had an Iolite that produced huge clouds and got me high as hell every time, and an extreme q 4 both of which got stolen. I was hoping this would be an upgrade, but it's quite the opposite.

Here's the catch, I got it off rakuten.com for only $125 new. I was skeptical but figured I had just lucked up on a one day deal or something. The stir knob is the old short one, and the oils glass piece doesn't fit on the oils bowl attachment...wtf? Everything looks just like the pictures though. It also gets really hot on 3 and 4 will burn your skin. Did I get ripped off? I can't imagine there are fakes of these yet, right? Is there anything I can do?

RUFrider,

Herbal Ant

I would message the site on FB, was reading over some of the posts just now and one said they hold their sellers to the highest standards. Plus everyone seems to get a phone call at least, so they might be able to help you. Also found a number they posted in one of their responses, looks a little strange though... 800-800-0800. I don't know if I would order anything else from them in the future though, seems like they have a lot of complaints on FB lately since their name, and most likely ownership, changed.

Herbal Ant,

filteredhead

So I need some insight on my vb2.0. I've put about 20+ bowls through mine, used 3 different kinds of herb, tried all the different heat settings, tried all the vape tricks and since day one it has had disappointing results. It struggles to produce hardly any vapor at all, and barely gives a buzz. I have to do 2 15 min sessions on the 3rd heat setting to finish every bowl, Setting 4 pretty much starts to combust the herb. It's my 3rd vape...I had an Iolite that produced huge clouds and got me high as hell every time, and an extreme q 4 both of which got stolen. I was hoping this would be an upgrade, but it's quite the opposite.
At least one other FC member and I found that using a modified load method for VB2.0 would result in thicker vapor hits. We load approximately .1g of herb on a make-shift screen (placed at the bottom of the heating chamber/vapor tube) and tamped down the herb using bottom of basket. If you try this modified load method avoid overpacking the chamber (e.g. recommend .1g loads, no more than .15g) and twisting the stir-cap knob, all so as to avoid putting potentially damaging pressure on the stir-cap clips and basket screen. There are some pictures of the setup midway down page 36 of this thread in case you are interested in more details.

filteredhead,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer

Here's the catch, I got it off rakuten.com for only $125 new. I was skeptical but figured I had just lucked up on a one day deal or something. The stir knob is the old short one, and the oils glass piece doesn't fit on the oils bowl attachment...wtf? Everything looks just like the pictures though. It also gets really hot on 3 and 4 will burn your skin. Did I get ripped off? I can't imagine there are fakes of these yet, right? Is there anything I can do?
It's unlikely that its fake. However, $125 is less than what most of our distributors pay for the vb2.0. Maybe refurbished?

TherealVaporblunt,

Old School

Vape13man
At least one other FC member and I found that using a modified load method for VB2.0 would result in thicker vapor hits. We load approximately .1g of herb on a make-shift screen (placed at the bottom of the heating chamber/vapor tube) and tamped down the herb using bottom of basket. If you try this modified load method avoid overpacking the chamber (e.g. recommend .1g loads, no more than .15g) and twisting the stir-cap knob, all so as to avoid putting potentially damaging pressure on the stir-cap clips and basket screen. There are some pictures of the setup midway down page 36 of this thread in case you are interested in more details.

I really like this idea and was about to try it out but, my unit stopped working before I could give it a try. I think I would prefer not to use the stir cap but rather the 18mm adapter instead because I have the DLX package {very nice btw/a bit tall though} I also thought it might be better to try an UBER basket http://www.ozbongs.com.au/Dome-Screens because the way in which the bowl is designed the heating coil is directly at the bottom of the bowl {makes sense why the mod would work so well} however using the original basket or the EQ elbow screen as suggested by FH will direct the material down to the bottom and loose out on all the wall heat {more potential conduction surface} so when I found the UBER screens I thought they might give us a bit more material to play with.

I was a 1st timer when I got my VB2 in early March of this year and it did take some getting used to. RR when I read your post I immediately thought to myself "he should start on 2 and save 3 or 4 for the finish and your comment about 4 cubusting makes me think yours is somehow stronger or gauged differently. I might even try 1 and draw slowly.
Something else I noticed before mine died was that after cleaning the basket I began to notice the vapor quality was lessened for some reason, well eventually it hit me when the sides in particular begin to get gummed up I believe the wall heat was able to conduct more efficiently, therefore I began to work less on cleaning the basket wall. The basket floor is still a must though.

In the end keep in mind that this vape is leaning heavily on the principle of conduction therefore anything you can think of to improve that principle should result in better vapor quality and production.
but before trying the mod I would recommend experimenting with lowering your temp and also slow that draw as much as you can stand to..... I never saw any indication that the temperature was being reduced thereby causing the unit to reheat the chamber but.... that wasn't to say I didn't have a tell.. my tell was the fact that the vapor quality and production disappeared when drawing like I used to way back when in my combusting years {a bit over 40 years} I HOPE I NEVER have to go back EVER!

Old School

Vape13man
Hey all, just blew another 200 beans on my portable vape search and still have'nt had any luck finding a true portable vape that actually works. I am now looking at the VB 2.0 and the Pax,and would like to hear what u all have to say. Is there anyone out there that has both? Main use being dry herbs and Kf. My neck and jaw are trashed so drawing to hard and often creates massive pain! thanks all!

We sound as though we might have a few things in common as I too have migrated to sunny Florida and have also dropped a few too many beans in my search for a true portable. I was 1st introduced to a Pax and that certainly planted the seed for me but he kept his at the lowest temp setting which only left me wanting more so I went shopping with Tim Allen in mind.. more power.... did some reading and shopping on the net but wanted to feel and touch what I was going to buy so I ventured out to our LHS's around town with 1 major hope to find the INH XP but it was not to be found anywhere... I did come home with a VB2 which I purchased just before the store closed for the day. The stir cap and the 5 levels sold me but I so wish I would have found this site before buying. Funny thing was I kept seeing the Fuck Combustion site with just about every search I did but just laughed and never clicked to check it out until after I bought the VB2 which was when I discovered it came with an optional side kick "water tool". Yes I went back a week later and got the DLX double showerhead....again should have read a bit more...

Once I had started reading the FC threads I was pulled in for days of reading...still had a life to maintain but whenever I had a few minutes to spare I found myself researching and searching and I am pleased to say it all brought me right back to the INH XP so I ordered.

Then it happened my VB2 stopped in the middle of a session with my GF and it is late on Friday....OMG I was forced to face my harsh {and I do mean harsh} awful truth.... If I wanted to medicate I was gonna have to go back to combusting......I refused for damn near 2 hours before caving....hope you enjoyed my little story....it just so happens that this story also has a happy ever after...... when I cam home on Monday my INH XP was on my porch waiting for me and I for one feel my search has been fulfilled...

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have even taken it out around town to a few large gatherings and everyone loves it....if I had a few to sell they would have been gone....seemed like everybody told me they wanted to get one too. {planted a few seeds myself}

Had the itch not gotten the best of me and had I been better informed I think I would rather of gone with the Pinnacle and its cute little WT because this VB2 is just way to big to run around with.

Dunii

I'm mostly loving my VB 2.0. I've had mine since January and I've only really had a few problems. The first time I used it, the stirring knob poked through the bottom of the screen. After contacting the manufacturer via their online contact form to inquire about a replacement, and not receiving a reply, I ordered two screens February 12th. So far, the first screen is undamaged after extensive daily use. Now, the feet of the stirring knob are falling off. Two of the feet are missing so far, which lets the knob fall out.

The quality of the vapor is amazing. I love this vape for the house, but I'm going to look for something more stealthy for being out and about. Thanks for this forum and these great threads.

Dunii,

Breathemetal

Still enjoying my VB, but not for herb anymore...
It just fails in comparison to the quality I get from the SSV and MFLB.

BUT! Where it does shine still is with wax, I have yet to clean my oil bowl out since I got it...lol, I guess im a collector.
+1 for the VB2!

Breathemetal,

Old School

Vape13man
I'm mostly loving my VB 2.0. I've had mine since January and I've only really had a few problems. The first time I used it, the stirring knob poked through the bottom of the screen. After contacting the manufacturer via their online contact form to inquire about a replacement, and not receiving a reply, I ordered two screens February 12th. So far, the first screen is undamaged after extensive daily use. Now, the feet of the stirring knob are falling off. Two of the feet are missing so far, which lets the knob fall out.

The quality of the vapor is amazing. I love this vape for the house, but I'm going to look for something more stealthy for being out and about. Thanks for this forum and these great threads.

I'm feeling that ... I too had emailed them {no form} to talk about a few issues 1. I couldn't get that glass straw to fit on the oil cap 2. got a DLX glass that wobbles when I set it down {I've learned VXH have stands thx FC} 3. my screen basket was already separating along the bottom just one wire thread but still was only 1 month of use and as you now have learned they are very proud of those puppies $$$.

P.S. BTW another member Stu {read back a few pages} has informed the forum that those little baskets are identical to the Arizer http://arizer.com/store/8-extreme-vaporizer-parts and they have a bag of 4 for only $ 6.99 ...for next time...

Anyway my experience with them echoed yours as I was given a bit of the run around email... take some pictures of the glass on and off the VB2, the glass straw is meant to be snug like that...nope sorry I saw pictures of one that fit correctly...but I've yet to learn of this wax business that everyone refers to so I still wasn't overly disappointed until I basically told them that I would live with the other issues but the basket thing {and btw why not supply an extra spare with the original package?} is an absolute opportunity for you to turn my frown upside down.... My response from them was "nothing" like you they just didn't respond.... so after a week goes by the separation in the screen was becoming larger so I finally emailed them again and it that next day reply offered my a 15% discount.....

I stewed a while and 9 days in something happened while sharing with my GF and the VB2 stopped heating. I again emailed them and went through the warranty process after exchanging a few emails about trying to wake the unit up from "sleep mode" but once we struck out there they immediately issue me an RMA # and once they received the unit they were able to quickly check it out and determine that a replacement was needed....which arrived last night.
we exchanged a few more emails because I was very curious about this "sleep mode" thing and most importantly how I might avoid a repeat performance....additionally I asked if they had any luck with that darn glass straw....and their reply was not a very good one as they proceeded to tell me that their paperwork didn't show anything coming in the box except the unit itself....well they really had me going as I was about fit to be tied but I kept my cool and replied back to them that I was hoping their paperwork was mistaken and that I again hoped that it was going to arrive with the EO cap and glass still inside the box.......

I was very happily surprised to find that they had sent me a complete replacement with all the trimmings and a new lemon flavored tip to try....Yeah Oh and the best part is that the glass straw in this package fits much better.....what wax?

So now finally back to your comment about mobility and stealthiness....again feeling that for sure and I tried it for about 45+ days...mobility...native Yes but I really like showing off the DLX tube, Stealth... again native Yes but IMO the draw was a bit harsh and dry on the back of my throat... so I'm with you its just not quite stealthy enough. You may want to check out their Pinnacle vape but my concern there would be battery life. I have been running my INH XP none stop since its arrival and although it has very good lasting power it just couldn't quite last an afternoon at the beach so USB UPS pack here I come.....lol

last comment as my shit is way too long...I almost had to force myself to use my replacement VB2 so I guess that's telling me something.....

Old School,
Reactions: satyrday

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Just to clear up, a lot of people pm me on FC about warranty claims or questions, that is not a effective way to communicate. We need all claims to go through our claims department either online or by phone. Anytime someone hasn't received an email within 2 business days please email again or call, there should be no reason that we haven't answered in a day or two. Thanks

zourdiesel

same exact thing happened to my cap! did end up having to replace it or can u make do?

zourdiesel,

Dunii

same exact thing happened to my cap! did end up having to replace it or can u make do?
I haven't replaced my cap yet, because I was hoping to hear from the manufacturer. The unit still works, but the knob can fall out at times. It's really annoying to get a bed, lap, or pocket full of material because the cap falls out.

Dunii,

zourdiesel

yeah, mine still stays in there but it can come out if I pull it, guna have to cough it up and get a new one..they're 40$ tho..that's a little high for a piece of plastic but at least I can choose from a couple different colors now

the turn knob on the vapor blunt site says its for vaporblunt 1 but doesn't mention 2, does anyone know if its the same?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

zourdiesel,

Herbal Ant

yeah, mine still stays in there but it can come out if I pull it, guna have to cough it up and get a new one..they're 40$ tho..that's a little high for a piece of plastic but at least I can choose from a couple different colors now

the turn knob on the vapor blunt site says its for vaporblunt 1 but doesn't mention 2, does anyone know if its the same?

I'm not sure if it's the same but if you order a new one, it will just melt again. Your best bet is to contact the customer service, your unit is most likely defective imo.

Herbal Ant,

IceManTX

Just got my VB 2.0 on Monday and I am very happy so far. I went with this over the Pinnacle because I rock Da Buddha at home. My tolerance is through the roof and I need as big a bowl as possible. :ko: I bought a small key chain pill fob (small metallic cylinder) at the drug store and keep it full for reloads. Top screws off, tap some in the VB 2.0, screw the top back on. Quick and easy and holds more than enough.

Anyway, can't wait until the weekend when I can show this puppy to my friends. If they thought my Incognito was cool they will super trip over this. I love the evolution of the vaporizer in recent years.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I like that keychain idea! If you get a chance to use it with oils, do so...that's where it shines!

stickstones,

IceManTX

Well, I went to this May festival on Saturday and there were cops EVERYWHERE. But with my VB 2.0 I had an utterly enjoyable time anyway!! Two thumbs up for this device so far!

IceManTX,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom