• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

Just a simple question: any idea why the Solwe LoxLux lamp is no longer available?

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: axakal

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Axakal,

was it available at all? i thought it was more of a "coming soon" thing, wasn't it?

Then i'm hoping others will know why it was never made available, if that's what i must understand...

:peace:

Last edited:
Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
funny thing, i bought the creme b torch for the gn0me, because of the slower heat up with a single jet torch that i used before. but while using it with the gn0me it gets way too hot for my liking. never made a creme brulee though :)

That is funny... i prefer to use my smaller torch in the Vaponic and my bigger one in the gn0me. Precisely because the temperature change is faster with the Vaponic and, thus, a smaller torch gives you more control at the expense of taking longer.

It seems you have the tendency to overheat your gn0me/Vaponic... perhaps you loose track of time without realizing it? Try a few times with a cronograph or something that allows you to control your heating times, and in the Vaponic, remember to use your finger to see if it's ready to hit.

vorrange,

axakal

took it for a test drive again. not sure, what you're meaning by gauging the temeperature with a finger, but i did it like the guy in the video told to. got 3-4 hits from one time heating. dark brown even abv. strong flavor. i was stoned already while i inhaled the third hit. :) small negative, you need good light in order to see the color changing. the room was well lit and i even used my mobile phone to have an aditional light source, but the reflections in the glass made it somehow difficult. i guess it makes it hard to being used in the dark because of the lack of feedback on color changing. what i also really like about it, that it's completely modular and you can always buy parts separately.

axakal,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Axakal, the finger helps you precisely when there is no lighting. You can also gauge the glass temp when the flame stars to turn yellow.. Carefull because you wont need to more than a few seconds at this point.

See the vídeo again and watch where his pointing finger is placed in the vaponic... You will see that as you roll the vaponic you can place that finger on the red line which tells you the limit for you not to burn. Hence, if your finger is on the red line and its getting too hot, you can hit it.

I dont count my hits but i get 10+ hits from 1/3 of a bowl, and i'm pretty lit by the end. :D

I'm guessing you have a few more hits there, because Of the degree of conduction the herbs get prematurely brown without being completely spent... When you notice a bitter taste and a blackish hue, then you're done.

Last edited:
What do you guys recommend for a quality (and small and refillable) butane torch lighter? I'm having a hard time finding any good places to look. I always want to research things as much as possible before I buy, I want something quality that won't break on me.

StraightChill,

identiti66

This could be a really daft question, apologies in advance, but I've been reading for nearly 3 days straight and can't find an answer.. add to that I'm 100% new to vaping and don't smoke.
How would you use a ground herb in a Vaponic?
Mine was delivered last week, still waiting for the jet lighter to drop through the letterbox so haven't used it, and I'm interested mostly in ethnobotanicals.
A lot that are sold appear to be ground - some powdered by the look of it. Looks like they'll just fall from the bowl unless I'm laying on my back.

If I can get on with vaping I'll increase my investment but the Vaponic will have to be my right-now device until I can save/justify the cash.

Thanks in advance.. id66

identiti66,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If you use ground herb you have to tamp it a bit, and yes it could fall but with your draw it helps the herbs stay put. If you fill it enough it will mostly stay in place though.

I only crush my nugg after a few hits. I put it in the bowl whole.

If you use ground herb you have to tamp it a bit, and yes it could fall but with your draw it helps the herbs stay put. If you fill it enough it will mostly stay in place though.

I only crush my nugg after a few hits. I put it in the bowl whole.

So you're still getting good use out of this? How do you like it now that you've had it for some time? Do you use it often? How is the vapor quality (I know it depends on technique) compared to electronic vapes, perhaps like the Solo?

StraightChill,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well, to be honest it hasn't seen much use lately but mostly because i haven't vaped outside my house so i tend to use other vapes.

But i love it! It is the best 40€ i spent in a long time, really. I think it is one of the best vaporizers on the market in terms of price/performance.

Bear in mind one thing, it is manual technique all the way, and it is not one of the easiest to master because it works with heat retention. What i mean is, you don't hit it and heat it at the same time so you just judge if it is up to temp by color and the temperature of the glass.

The vapor quality is excelent, the vapor is not hot and the screen is very fine so there is hardly any harshness unless you accidentaly black your herbs.
But since it is all glass it is easy to clean so near-combustion is not a problem like other vapes.

Regarding the Solo, the taste in the Vaponic is better. The first few hits are much tastier although the taste goes out quicker than in the Solo there is no bitter taste like in those last Solo hits.

Plus, it is so small and pratical unlike the Solo which is a bit big to carry around.

I borrowed my Solo for a while, and when i got it back i kept using the Vaponic because it is just quicker to use and put away.

Plus, i don't need to worry about batteries and i could taste the electronic taste in the Solo. I have sensitive taste buds, as you can see by my vape choices. ;)

z9

I've been using my vaponic more as of late. I reach for it over the NO2.

Even with whole nugs the vaponic delivers a pretty thorough extraction. I get a single wispy hit when I transfer finished bowls from the vaponic to my log. The vapor is surprisingly cool and always tasty.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, many times i used the Vaponic for a quick session over my HI which i don't leave on usually but with the Lotus i don't see the point.

Although i must say that i did use my Vaponic on Saturday and i was rewarded with the slight different high that comes with a vape which employs some conduction. The sedative effect is more pronounced.

It made me realize that the Vaponic does have an additional role in my setup since except for the MFLB which i stopped using altogether, are all virtually 100% convection, except for the Vaponic.

This is truly one of the most undervalued vapes because it is VERY cheap, easily and thoroughly cleanable, great cover and extremely portable.
Plus, it has a very good extraction with good flavour and efficiency. For a vape in this price range i'd say it is one of a kind.

Well, to be honest it hasn't seen much use lately but mostly because i haven't vaped outside my house so i tend to use other vapes.

But i love it! It is the best 40€ i spent in a long time, really. I think it is one of the best vaporizers on the market in terms of price/performance.

Bear in mind one thing, it is manual technique all the way, and it is not one of the easiest to master because it works with heat retention. What i mean is, you don't hit it and heat it at the same time so you just judge if it is up to temp by color and the temperature of the glass.

The vapor quality is excelent, the vapor is not hot and the screen is very fine so there is hardly any harshness unless you accidentaly black your herbs.
But since it is all glass it is easy to clean so near-combustion is not a problem like other vapes.

Regarding the Solo, the taste in the Vaponic is better. The first few hits are much tastier although the taste goes out quicker than in the Solo there is no bitter taste like in those last Solo hits.

Plus, it is so small and pratical unlike the Solo which is a bit big to carry around.

I borrowed my Solo for a while, and when i got it back i kept using the Vaponic because it is just quicker to use and put away.

Plus, i don't need to worry about batteries and i could taste the electronic taste in the Solo. I have sensitive taste buds, as you can see by my vape choices. ;)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'm glad you could respond so quick I got a good deal on an auction! $50 free shipping! And now that I've read your response, I'm SO happy about my purchase, I was really hoping this could finally be the vape for me! People spend up to 5 times the price of this for a portable vape and it's not even necessarily that clean, quality, reliable and healthy. I had a Solo and I recently got rid of it because I as well could taste this (very slight) plastic taste and I did not like the idea of it, so I sold it to a friend who says he does not notice it and is not particularly concerned about it. I then bought a DaVinci Ascent for their "all glass on glass pure vapor path" which I just got Saturday and MAN that thing is TRASH. After TEN 15 minute burn offs it still tasted like I was smoking a new pair of Nikes... pathetic quality control on those things too; the second time I pulled the mouth piece out, the whole top rubber piece pealed up with it! $250 dollars. It isn't worth a penny. And I just bought a pretty nice new 4-piece grinder, a small Honest brand jet lighter and this Vaponic all for $65 dollars! How do you beat that? I'm excited! :D

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Exactly!

I had a bad experience in taste with my original DaVinci too, i traded for the Solo, but after the HI and the Vaponic i didn't use the Solo anymore.

Watch the video by the Vaponic maker, it will teach you everything you need to know. Read the thread, and you will be set! :D

axakal

as vorrange said, technique is key. and from my experience, it's nothing for dark or windy places. at least until you've fully mastered the techique. a word of caution, it's harder to use once you got stoned. :)

identiti66

Still waiting for my jet lighter(s) to arrive, I hedged my bets and bought about 5, so not tried mine yet. I'm SO pleased that I appear to have made a good choice.

Wondering if I could use tinctures as part of any mix I try?

For example, I am looking to mix Blue Lotus and hops.. Could I buy dried hops and add Blue Lotus tincture to it and vape?
Or am I thinking about it wrong?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Still waiting for my jet lighter(s) to arrive, I hedged my bets and bought about 5, so not tried mine yet. I'm SO pleased that I appear to have made a good choice.

Wondering if I could use tinctures as part of any mix I try?

For example, I am looking to mix Blue Lotus and hops.. Could I buy dried hops and add Blue Lotus tincture to it and vape?
Or am I thinking about it wrong?

I think it would be possible, but i don't know the temperature at which the blue lotus extracts but i think it combusts at a lower temperature, so you need to adjust the heating time accordingly.

axakal, any vape becomes more difficult to use once you're stoned. The problem in the Vaponic, for me at least, is when i'm super vaped i need to be carefull not to place the outer tube in a dangerous place because they tend to roll... hehehe.. :)
I just become a little extra cautious but honestly i think you get used to it. The no lights vaping is trickier... i've done it but i need to gauge the extraction by glass temperature and taste so it is not for the unexperienced.

IMO, if you buy this vape you should expect that it takes longer to master than others, but it is not something out of the ordinary and i was always too lazy to time my sessions in the begining so i just kind of eased into it.
I don't mind if once in a while the load gets prematurely toasted because i was high and my mind rambled while i heat it and i overdid it. Hehehe, that is my most common mistake to be honest.

The Vaponic works too well for its own good. hahaha. :D

It is also a good experience for combusters since the high is a little more stoney like they are used to, and for less than 50USD you get to try vaporizing without breaking the bank.

axakal

@vorrange so true about the rolling away. :) the other part is the fear of getting the finger tips burned, when the mind is absent. :) i'm in a second months or so of pondering to acquire a lotus. during this time christmas got in my way and i put the thought on hold for a while. you seem to have both. from your previous posting i deduct, the lotus replaced your vaponic. so i guess, you're not regretting the purchase. am i right?

axakal,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, i hardly burn myself, i put it in my finger like a cigar to hit it and between hits... otherwise what you said happens more often.

Yeah, actually i think i have a great setup with HI+Lotus+Vaponic. All of them are efficient and tasty. Small and easy to carry around. They have good prices for their quality, and they pack a punch.

The Lotus due to being so fast and me not keeping my HI on 24/7, it has been my go to vape at home since i got it.

It has mainly convection and so the hits taste last longer than in the Vaponic, and it is a great vape to hit once in 10 minutes or do a bowl in 2 minuts.. not many units give you such versatility without losing some cannabinoids in the process... the Lotus heats and cools so fast it is perfect.

The HI and the VHW are more for my loungy sessions with my bong on the weekends.

I think you should get the Lotus kit. you will be very pleased. Plus you're german so verdampftnochmal is perfect for you to get the Lotus.

kennyGswag

Yeah, i hardly burn myself, i put it in my finger like a cigar to hit it and between hits... otherwise what you said happens more often.

Yeah, actually i think i have a great setup with HI+Lotus+Vaponic. All of them are efficient and tasty. Small and easy to carry around. They have good prices for their quality, and they pack a punch.

The Lotus due to being so fast and me not keeping my HI on 24/7, it has been my go to vape at home since i got it.

It has mainly convection and so the hits taste last longer than in the Vaponic, and it is a great vape to hit once in 10 minutes or do a bowl in 2 minuts.. not many units give you such versatility without losing some cannabinoids in the process... the Lotus heats and cools so fast it is perfect.

The HI and the VHW are more for my loungy sessions with my bong on the weekends.

I think you should get the Lotus kit. you will be very pleased. Plus you're german so verdampftnochmal is perfect for you to get the Lotus.
Hey vorrange could you or anyone else tell me how long it takes the vaponic online shop to ship to the U.S?

kennyGswag,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
kenny, i honestly don't know but 2-3weeks seems a reasonable time considering other similar purchases i made from the US to the EU.

vorrange,

weedian13

Hey people,
Just wanted to share my thoughts and say that the Vaponic is worth every penny and a must-have to everyone who appreciates the taste and quality of the vapor when little effort and practice is given. IMO

My first vaporizer was MFLB which still has a very firm place in my heart, and in which I still find new features to enhance the experience. As a tapletop device I have Vaporite Mini Air and also a VapoBowl for bong use. And since one month ago the Vaponic has taken its place beside the Launch Box.
What I'm still wondering is comparison between other similar portable vaporizers. Since my own experience is limited to only these two i wanted know if anyone who has used all the following devices cared to sum it up with some pros and cons perhaps..
-VaporGenie
-Vapman
-Lotus
-Vaponic
-MFLB

This all just because I am finding the Launch Box and the Vaponic very, very quality products since you get over the learning curve which can be reduced to a minimum thanks to all the tutorials found very easily. And still I want to know if any other same caliber vape can outshine these two.
Sorry if off-topic dudes/dudettes

Last edited:
weedian13,

Vapodudule

well @weedian13 vaponic is mostly conductive heating as mflb.

IME all vape have its on way to extract with a balance of conduction(touching hot surface)/convection (hot air flows)/radiation (hot material radiates heat). it is slighly off-topic to compare vape in dedicated thread but mods will findout.

Let me place your list on my preference order (+ to -)
-Lotus (cv/ra)
a beast/champion to produce clouds out made of unique flavor and richness. radiation litteraly explodes trich. no battery only torch lighter.
-MFLB (cd/ra)
top vape which can make it all with all accessories. eletricity needed but lifetime warranty
-Vaponic (cd)
clean path/ you can control the extraction
-Vapman (cd)
discreet piece of art. need practise.
-VaporGenie (cv)
practical, robust and cheap as f*ck but inhaling fumes from butane combustion (incomplete combustion with yellow flame lighter)

Vapodudule,
Reactions: weedian13
Top Bottom