• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

Vapodudule

PV has a very high customer services , as always.

But what do you mean by NEW screen? is there an evolution on vaponic design recently?

Vapodudule,

z9

Has anyone tried (or even seen) the new extract screen? Mine is on the way so I'll know soon enough.

z9,

justcametomind

Has anyone tried (or even seen) the new extract screen? Mine is on the way so I'll know soon enough.

Nope. No trace of that on vaponic site so I don't know what to think about this screen. Any link or picture would be appreciated.

justcametomind,

z9

Nope. No trace of that on vaponic site so I don't know what to think about this screen. Any link or picture would be appreciated.

I couldn't find it on their site either. I emailed planetvape about it, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Regardless I'll post some pictures and share my thoughts on it when my order arrives.

z9

Heres an update. I lie, I emailed vaponic not planetvape. Here is their response:

"we'll update that infdo on our web next week and also offer the screens in our online shop.

The resin is rolled up in the screen as shown on the pictures attached. Then it's heated exactly the same way, but as you can't see the change of colour, you need to check every 10 seconds if vapour is already produced.

Best regards

Your Vaponic Team"

Doesn't that sound like a description of the old screens? Maybe the new ones are just a different size or something.
I even pointed out the fact that I ordered the model with the new screens that planetvape has listed. I guess we'll know soon enough.

NineDelta

Vaporize is health

Hi!
I've tried the new screen, it's a good way to vaporize almost all extracts. It's necesary heating a little more time than the weed, I prefer use a torch lighter bigger than original. Some pics:

close-up:

Video using different concentrates:

z9

How many times does that much oil get you medicated? How many hits do you get? That's at least 10 dabs worth of oil to me, probably more.

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
How many times does that much oil get you medicated? How many hits do you get? That's at least 10 dabs worth of oil to me, probably more.
Vaponic is not too much effective with hash oil, but you need other kind of filter to vaporize it well. Look at video: 4'21''
The amount of BHO in video is for about 5 hits, 2-3 of them are good and dense hits.

z9

Well I got my vaponic over about two weeks ago. My first hit ended in combustion, I've never used a flame powered vape before so I wasn't surprised. I cleaned it with iso and it still smelled so I filled it up with iso again and then stood it up in the rubber cap on the bottom of the pen and left it. Well I forgot about it for over a week and finally took it out yesterday.
I'm happy to report the smell and taste are now gone and I was able to successfully use the vape today.

I packed about the same amount I use for my log, two hits of tasty vapor later I am so fried. There is definitely more to vape in that bowl, I just needed enough to lighten my mood after a day of work.

I'm thrilled with the results and so happy with my purchase.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Nice z9, very happy you are pleased with the performance. Vaponic official instructional video on the use of the extract / concentrate screen is now available

WibblyGlorph

I wanted to add a brief review of this product, my first vaporizer.

I've had it about 2 weeks. Was sceptical at first, but I realised it required some practice. On those first attempts, I couldn't really get any vapour with a normal lighter, but had much more success (along with combustion - careful) on a gas stove and with jet lighters.

I use it to vape quite dry, brownish Thai weed. Works perfectly and tastes beautiful (especially those first few puffs), although due to my choice of weed, the 'colour change' test doesn't work very well. For this reason, and for general ease of use, I have found it better to draw air through whilst lighting. Once I begin to detect a change in taste, I stop lighting and continue long slow inhalations. After a few clouds it requires reheating and I repeat the process until the taste turns bitter or I can see combustion (although you generally taste it before you see it with this method.)

Users may notice the inner pipe collecting brownish goo. I have found, using even a normal lighter, I can get clouds just by heating the inner tube (having removed all the other parts) and inhaling. Nice recycling.

I have seen the light. Vapor all the way. (Except when I'm out or lazy).

axakal

after a long time i dusted off my vaponic yesterday. i wanted to give it one more chance and try it with a creme brulee torch. it was a completely new experience. the heat up was fast, the taste really good. the first bowl got a partially burned, but only dark brown not black. the culprit seemed to be a slightly bigger crumb. on the second bowl the abv was almost even. maybe it's subjective, since i didn't weigh the load before and thus only can judge by the amount of the abv, to me it's seemed less efficient than the mlfb. also i didn't grind the load only crumbed it with my fingers. would a coarse grind be a better choice?

axakal,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Interesting.. For the Price and since I already own a torch lighter, I am going to try one of these..

Kuroth1,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
after a long time i dusted off my vaponic yesterday. i wanted to give it one more chance and try it with a creme brulee torch. it was a completely new experience. the heat up was fast, the taste really good. the first bowl got a partially burned, but only dark brown not black. the culprit seemed to be a slightly bigger crumb. on the second bowl the abv was almost even. maybe it's subjective, since i didn't weigh the load before and thus only can judge by the amount of the abv, to me it's seemed less efficient than the mlfb. also i didn't grind the load only crumbed it with my fingers. would a coarse grind be a better choice?

Axakal, i NEVER grind my load in the Vaponic. I put a small nug inside, usually it won't fill half the bowl.

Then i start the regular heating technique, rolling the Vaponic in one hand and going up and down with the torch on the other, that way i ensure an even heating.

I also realized that if you heat it and inhale at the same time, it is much harder to not combust, although this could be due to improper technique since my usual technique is what i wrote above...

So, i suggest you dont "heat and hit" but you heat until your finger (one that is placed close to the red line) starts to get unconfortably hot and then, you stop and hit it.

axakal

thanks, i'll try to experiment with the technique and the load next time. the flavor was tasty, so i might practice with the vaponic a little more. :) with the bigger torch the heat up was really fast, which improves the chances of me using it more often.

Axakal, i NEVER grind my load in the Vaponic. I put a small nug inside, usually it won't fill half the bowl.

Then i start the regular heating technique, rolling the Vaponic in one hand and going up and down with the torch on the other, that way i ensure an even heating.

I also realized that if you heat it and inhale at the same time, it is much harder to not combust, although this could be due to improper technique since my usual technique is what i wrote above...

So, i suggest you dont "heat and hit" but you heat until your finger (one that is placed close to the red line) starts to get unconfortably hot and then, you stop and hit it.

axakal,
Reactions: vorrange

z9

Dammit guys, I'm going to have to start using my Vaponic again.

This is my technique as well, it seems to work best and provide the most even and thorough cooking. Not to mention this technique will provide more convection than conduction, which is a plus in my book.

I have not been able to successfully heat then hit, it always results in charred or combusted bud for me.

However I have not tried a nug in the vaponic, only ground bud because whenever I think about vaping whole nugs I reach for a log vape.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't grind in the Vaponic, and because of that, i started not to grind in my HI as well.
I also believe this will reduce surface area and as such, less material is affected by conduction.

Only after 4-5 hits and some serious vapor forms, i open it up, dump it in my palm and squeeze it lightly between my fingers. OR, instead i make some holes in the nug with the poking tool. Then i take a few more hits, when i start to see the top darker than the bottom, i open it again and leave it a very fine grind for the last 2 hits.
This is when i accidentaly combust, i always try to push it to the max.

I have to give it a few more tries at the heat-while-hiting method. I find that it is more difficult to roll it and it's not as stealthy since i can't really hide it that way, which i need at times.

vorrange,
Reactions: axakal

axakal

just to have an idea, what size of a nug we are talking about? i couldn't get 4-5 hits with dense vapor before combusting, and i was heating then hitting. it's more 3 with the 4th charred. so maybe i loaded too much. although, i let some space in the bowl for the air to pass through. i like the fact that the cool down time is shorter than with the gn0me. at least it appeared to me this way.

I don't grind in the Vaponic, and because of that, i started not to grind in my HI as well.
I also believe this will reduce surface area and as such, less material is affected by conduction.

Only after 4-5 hits and some serious vapor forms, i open it up, dump it in my palm and squeeze it lightly between my fingers. OR, instead i make some holes in the nug with the poking tool. Then i take a few more hits, when i start to see the top darker than the bottom, i open it again and leave it a very fine grind for the last 2 hits.
This is when i accidentaly combust, i always try to push it to the max.

I have to give it a few more tries at the heat-while-hiting method. I find that it is more difficult to roll it and it's not as stealthy since i can't really hide it that way, which i need at times.

Last edited:
axakal,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Did you use the finger to gauge the temp? I use all size of nugs, but usually less than half a bowl.

It is not about the load... although this influences it is not significant IMO. The main problem here seems to be the amount of heating time, which is why i asked if you used the finger to gauge the temp? I'm guessing that a stronger lighter will be more difficult to control... i use my jet lighter with a 5-10mm flame.

The cool down is much faster than the gn0me, as well as the heating time. Hence the more difficult in control for people who are not used to vape.

vorrange,

axakal

no, i didn't use the finger to gauge the temp yet. i got a feeling, that with a torch lighter it took me too long, but a creme brulee torch might be too big on the other hand. well, i misplaced the other lighter, so at the moment i can't do the countercheck. in the meantime i'll try to get used to the bigger torch. what lighter do you use?

axakal,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I use the lighter that comes with the Lotus. Its from HONEST, it's a chinese brand i think but the quality is average and it hasn't pooped on me yet.

Use the finger Axakal. The Creme Brulee torch is too big but otoh you just need to heat it less time to compensate for the higher output.

vorrange,
Reactions: axakal

axakal

funny thing, i bought the creme b torch for the gn0me, because of the slower heat up with a single jet torch that i used before. but while using it with the gn0me it gets way too hot for my liking. never made a creme brulee though :)

I use the lighter that comes with the Lotus. Its from HONEST, it's a chinese brand i think but the quality is average and it hasn't pooped on me yet.

Use the finger Axakal. The Creme Brulee torch is too big but otoh you just need to heat it less time to compensate for the higher output.

axakal,
Top Bottom