• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
you know what would make the Vaponic a perfect unit is to have some sort of heater coil (portable preferably) where the temp is somewhat controlled similar to the pics below taken from the Bud Toaster thread.
Here are some pix of the new PCB and coil with the middle at the bottom ...

picture.php

picture.php

VaporGuy,

axakal

as much as i hate to rely on the flame, the heat coil would probably make the vaponic bigger and more expensive and deprive it from it's unique niche spot, now that the gn0me is probably gone for good. but staying with the electricity idea, it's really a shame, that the lamp heater was discontinued.

you know what would make the Vaponic a perfect unit is to have some sort of heater coil (portable preferably) where the temp is somewhat controlled similar to the pics below taken from the Bud Toaster thread.

axakal,

axakal

i used it with a creme brulee torch and i've been told, it might be too much. i guess this torch also could fall in the same category. on the other hand, when used with a single flame jet lighter i thought, it would be not enough. so, it's all try and error i guess. :)

Good People who have this vaporizer, any experience pairing it with the newport torch? would it be a bit too much for this little thing or would be a perfect fit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FK24GTE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXT0E8KEXMNX3

axakal,
Reactions: mnd99

Roi

Hi guys
I wonder if the silicon ring affects the flavour of the vape... or worst, being heated in contact with the glass tube can pose some health risks... I assume the SS piece is not an issue, from this point of view..

Roi,

z9

No the silicone does not affect flavor and is safe. Whips and some stems are made from silicone and they come into direct contact with heater cores or are just beyond the heater core and are exposed to higher temps than the silicone on the vaponic. If the silcone on this vape is being heated you're using it wrong.

Stainless steel screen are safe at combustion temperatures so naturally they will be at vaporization temperatures.

This vaponic has one of the purist air paths available, especially one at this price point.

Last edited:

axakal

z9 was faster than me. :) under normal conditions you shouldn't taste any silicone at all. if you, you're doing something wrong and you should verify your technique.

axakal,
Reactions: z9

axakal

i used the vaponic for a test run of my freshly cleaned and refilled lighter and it did the trck very well. :) if i manage to get a certain consistency in its use, i can see the vaponic getting more sessions in the future.

axakal,
Reactions: Kief

Roi

I finally got my vaponic last week. It took me only 2 days to loose one of the smaller parts (the mouthpiece), and just ordered another : /

I found the vapour very tasty, but it surprised me how fast the herb is consumed: I could at most have 4 or 5 good drags before the herb went burnt... it run out quickly... and the effect was not that big, either: didn't feel high at all for the first 2 charges; I had to go with a third; and go beyond the burning point... I'm interested in knowing your experience..

Roi,

axakal

My experience is similar to yours. I did three loads with the vaponic yesterday. The taste was there, but the effects lesser than expected. One load got slightly overcooked. It seems to consume more than expected. I used nearly the same amount of herbs in my mlfb afterwards and the trench just didn't want to finish. I like to play with the vaponic for a change, and it definitely has it's advantages, but it's not the best vape, when one is after herb conservation, in my oppinion.

I found the vapour very tasty, but it surprised me how fast the herb is consumed: I could at most have 4 or 5 good drags before the herb went burnt... it run out quickly... and the effect was not that big, either: didn't feel high at all for the first 2 charges; I had to go with a third; and go beyond the burning point... I'm interested in knowing your experience..

axakal,

weedian13

My experience is similar to yours. I did three loads with the vaponic yesterday. The taste was there, but the effects lesser than expected. One load got slightly overcooked. It seems to consume more than expected. I used nearly the same amount of herbs in my mlfb afterwards and the trench just didn't want to finish. I like to play with the vaponic for a change, and it definitely has it's advantages, but it's not the best vape, when one is after herb conservation, in my oppinion.
i believe it all comes down to the user..in my opinion this is the most underrated device on the market right now. the place where you apply the heating also counts. i usually point the torch more or less where the filter is, this way it doesnt heat the herb as much as when pointed to the part where the load is. with the right distance to the torch, breathing technique, rotation speed and timing this is absolutely the best portable one i have used (tops at least my firewood and mflb). and what comes to conserving i fill the vaponic with approximately half-trench (mflb) and it covers 1 long session or 2 normal ones. hits per session vary from 10-20+. and in time i have found out that the possibility to load without grinding is priceless. ease of maintenance (multi-tool) and the portability (marker) also attract at least yours truly. recommended to anyone willing to spend a little bit more time than 1 month with it and giving it the benefit of a doubt. oh, and the taste..beautiful.

ps. play with it..near combustion experiences widen your perspective ;)

Last edited:
weedian13,

axakal

just to be clear, i am by all means not bashing it. :) the right technique is definitely something one need to learn with this device. my own results vary from session to session between only two days. first aim was not to overcooked, as it happend with previous uses. i will try out to heat near the filter, as i was only paying attention to the duration and to the color of the flame, not to where i heat. as to the flame, i need the top light blue region, before the deep blue begins(best way i can describe it :) ). what is your advice here? how fast do you rotate?

i believe it all comes down to the user..in my opinion this is the most underrated device on the market right now. the place where you apply the heating also counts. i usually point the torch more or less where the filter is, this way it doesnt heat the herb as much as when pointed to the part where the load is. with the right distance to the torch, breathing technique, rotation speed and timing this is absolutely the best portable one i have used (tops at least my firewood and mflb). and what comes to conserving i fill the vaponic with approximately half-trench (mflb) and it covers 1 long session or 2 normal ones. hits per session vary from 10-20+. and in time i have found out that the possibility to load without grinding is priceless. ease of maintenance (multi-tool) and the portability (marker) also attract at least yours truly. recommended to anyone willing to spend a little bit more time than 1 month with it and giving it the benefit of a doubt. oh, and the taste..beautiful.

ps. play with it..near combustion experiences widen your perspective ;)

axakal,

weedian13

just to be clear, i am by all means not bashing it. :) the right technique is definitely something one need to learn with this device. my own results vary from session to session between only two days. first aim was not to overcooked, as it happend with previous uses. i will try out to heat near the filter, as i was only paying attention to the duration and to the color of the flame, not to where i heat. as to the flame, i need the top light blue region, before the deep blue begins(best way i can describe it :) ). what is your advice here? how fast do you rotate?
the standard to these things are pretty much up to yourself what kind of vapor and session you are looking for. i have now sat on my computer for half an hour and the whole method is very difficult to put in words at least for me ;)
but like in many other vaporizers i tend to start with less heating and then step by step heat it more and taste it. i dont know if this means anything but sometimes when i rotate i keep my fingers very close to the red line and when i start to feel warm in my fingers i know i have heated it enough. obviously the visual control is good to remember. still i dont recommend to follow these instructions very thoroughly instead of trying different variations by yourself.
a video would be great if i only could make it, but lets see.
buenos vapores everybody.:peace:

ps. long nostril draws are flavorful

weedian13,

axakal

true words. get this video done :)

the whole method is very difficult to put in words at least for me ;)
a video would be great if i only could make it, but lets see.
buenos vapores everybody.:peace:

ps. long nostril draws are flavorful

axakal

would one of the fellow vaponic users please tell me, at what distance from the open end of the outer tube the red mark is? i'm using the old vapbong outer tube without any mark. maybe a mark would improve my technique, allowing for better temperatur gauging. :)
thanks.

artist

livin'in vapooodia
would one of the fellow vaponic users please tell me, at what distance from the open end of the outer tube the red mark is? i'm using the old vapbong outer tube without any mark. maybe a mark would improve my technique, allowing for better temperatur gauging. :)
thanks.
hi, the distance from the open end (where the siliconring and the mouthpiece are ) to the red line on the vaponic is: 4,5 cm or 1,8 inch
:-)

axakal

did anyone tried to vape hash with the vaponic? can i use any steel mesh screen vor vaping hash or are there specific requirements?

axakal,

Vapodudule

@axakal
just stick a crumbled hash in th screen and you are good to go.

To check if it is all consumed, open the screen once in a while to re-crumble it if there is still something.

Vapodudule,
Reactions: axakal

axakal

thanks. any screen i find laying around would do, right? i didn't find, that they require a special screen and i don't really want to deform the original 2,5euro a piece screen. :)

@axakal
just stick a crumbled hash in th screen and you are good to go.

To check if it is all consumed, open the screen once in a while to re-crumble it if there is still something.

axakal,

Vapodudule

any screen will do the trick yes. It is there to prevent the clogging of unit and sustain the material inside the bowl.

Vapodudule,

z9

I've used pressed kief on a couple occasions, works well enough. Never traditional hash though. Never had any luck with that concentrate screen for oils... I shall try some organic cotton and bho sometime this week. I went a little overboard and cumbusted during my last use, I suppose its time to clean. Anyone else hate cleaning their vaponic? I feel like the inner tube dirties up fast and cleaning without removing the screen is such a PITA.

Any suggestions/tips for cleaning?

z9,

Vapodudule

Removing the screens is mandatory for cleanning (3 things to clean in the vaponic, 2 glass tubes and 1 inner screen, pretty simple design).

Screen permits to block particles

To wash it, Ethanol basically first to dissolve resin, then reg soap for glass.

You could torch the screen too.

Vapodudule,
Top Bottom