• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaponic Herbal Vaporizer

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Is it possible to use regular lightes Ike a bic with this vape or do you need to use the tortch lighter?

I think it would work but it would take a long time and you can't touch the glass with the flame because it will form a black stain from soot.. of course, it can be cleaned easily so not really a BIG problem.

I understand, by watching the video, that the guy uses the vaponic in a way that allows for conduction to be a major part of it's process. He says he heats the herb until it starts to change its colour.. which means there is decarboxilation going on before you even hit it.
Does this affect cannabinoid extraction in terms of efficiency? How about taste? In theory, this method will only allow for one not so flavourfull hit and a few tasteless hits, which considering the almost all-glass air path, it's a shame.

And comparing to the Vapbong, the hitting method would be different since there is almost no extraction via conduction.

Any users who have both, and maybe a VG or a gn0me, can chime in? Much apreciated.

vorrange,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Is it possible to use regular lightes Ike a bic with this vape or do you need to use the tortch lighter?
Hi HSIHP,
Yes, like vorrange mentioned, it will take a lot longer to heat and depending where in the flame you hold it, could get soot on the glass making it hard to see inside the tube then. We recommend just a small, inexpensive wind proof type jet lighter.

I think it would work but it would take a long time and you can't touch the glass with the flame because it will form a black stain from soot.. of course, it can be cleaned easily so not really a BIG problem.

I understand, by watching the video, that the guy uses the vaponic in a way that allows for conduction to be a major part of it's process. He says he heats the herb until it starts to change its colour.. which means there is decarboxilation going on before you even hit it.
Does this affect cannabinoid extraction in terms of efficiency? How about taste? In theory, this method will only allow for one not so flavourfull hit and a few tasteless hits, which considering the almost all-glass air path, it's a shame.

And comparing to the Vapbong, the hitting method would be different since there is almost no extraction via conduction.

Any users who have both, and maybe a VG or a gn0me, can chime in? Much apreciated.
Hi vorrange,
It uses both conduction and convection and taste is very good, it tastes like it smells. The bowl is very small and efficient so your tiny load gets used quickly. The Vapbong is very similar, the Vaponic has a slightly larger bowl and heat zone markings on the outer tube. What impresses us is the ABV, considering you put in unground flowers, the ABV comes out perfectly uniform. It has a small learning curve, which is why being able to watch your flowers change color slightly in the bowl is a great helpful indicator that you are in the right temp zone, at least until you master it.
PV

PlanetHaze,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hi HSIHP,
Yes, like vorrange mentioned, it will take a lot longer to heat and depending where in the flame you hold it, could get soot on the glass making it hard to see inside the tube then. We recommend just a small, inexpensive wind proof type jet lighter.

Hi vorrange,
It uses both conduction and convection and taste is very good, it tastes like it smells. The bowl is very small and efficient so your tiny load gets used quickly. The Vapbong is very similar, the Vaponic has a slightly larger bowl and heat zone markings on the outer tube. What impresses us is the ABV, considering you put in unground flowers, the ABV comes out perfectly uniform. It has a small learning curve, which is why being able to watch your flowers change color slightly in the bowl is a great helpful indicator that you are in the right temp zone, at least until you master it.
PV

Thanks PV, i'm familiar with the learning curve associated with flame-based vapes. So, despite the smaller bowl size that can be a no-no for some, do you think the Vaponic is an improvement in every variable? (Important variables to me: taste, how long taste lasts, efficiency of extraction and even roasting)

One other thing, do you need to stir or crush the nug to further extract the remaining compounds? And would this be needed with higher emphasys in the Vapbong or the Vaponic?

vorrange,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
............As well as not needing to grind your flowers, the Vaponic does amazingly well with bubble / full melt / wax when you just roll some up in a screen and place the screen into the bowl.

Interesting !

I tried searching out vids/discussion regarding the use of concentrates but was unable to find anything. You say to roll some up in a screen and place in the bowl..... care to expand on that ? I can't figure how you'd roll it up in a screen as most are not forgiving enough.

TIA

smokum,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Interesting !

I tried searching out vids/discussion regarding the use of concentrates but was unable to find anything. You say to roll some up in a screen and place in the bowl..... care to expand on that ? I can't figure how you'd roll it up in a screen as most are not forgiving enough.

TIA

Heating the screen with your torch will make it more malleable.

VaporEyes,

smokum

Heating the screen with your torch will make it more malleable.

And burn your fingers ? :\ (I just tried to lightly heat the variety of screens -thickness & mesh counts- and don't 'think' it would work well for such a small bowl, let alone prevent a real mess with full melt).

Would a piece of organic cotton with the concentrate 'inside' withstand the torch heating perhaps ? or something else ?

smokum,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
And burn your fingers ? :\ (I just tried to lightly heat the variety of screens -thickness & mesh counts- and don't 'think' it would work well for such a small bowl, let alone prevent a real mess with full melt).

Would a piece of organic cotton with the concentrate 'inside' withstand the torch heating perhaps ? or something else ?

You would use something like tweezers to hold the screen. This is what I have to do to install a new screen in the vaponic. Heat, cut, then shape it. I wouldn't advise the use of cotton since combustion can occur.

I don't have access to concentrates so I can't really test this out but I can conceive how this might work.

VaporEyes,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Thanks PV, i'm familiar with the learning curve associated with flame-based vapes. So, despite the smaller bowl size that can be a no-no for some, do you think the Vaponic is an improvement in every variable? (Important variables to me: taste, how long taste lasts, efficiency of extraction and even roasting)

One other thing, do you need to stir or crush the nug to further extract the remaining compounds? And would this be needed with higher emphasys in the Vapbong or the Vaponic?
Lots of great questions. The bowl size of the Vaponic is a little larger than the Vapbong and yes it seems to be an improvement, we really like the guidelines on the outer tube to let you know where you can heat it and touch it safely. You don't need to stir or crush the nug to further extract the remaining compounds, we just push little bits in until the bowl is full and it always comes out evenly roasted and you can take the ABV as dark as you like.

Interesting !

TIA
Good point. Vaponic supplied us with some screens made for this purpose, they are large about 20mm and thin and fine. You lay the screen flat and put your extract on top and then just roll the screen up and insert it in to the Vaponic bowl. The screen originally in the Vaponic middle tube needs to push further down the tube a bit. As you heat it, you can visually see your extract start to melt and bubble nicely, a little goes a long way. Depending on the purity of your extract, there will be little to nothing left on the screen or on the Vaponic.

PV

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Interesting !

TIA

Hi,
I've made a video using different concentrations:
Planetvape has explained it to you very good, and you can see it in video. For liquids I use other filter, like the liquid pad for Volcano.

Other video with the different temperatures you can use Vaponic vaporizer:

:wave:

smokum

Awesome videos.... & very well done ! Music was trippy, lol.. Thank-You :tup:

smokum,

CaptainHair

Mine arrived today, my first vape so I'm pretty excited :) I am having a bit of trouble with it though, I decided to try it with regular tobacco since its cheap and plentiful while I got used to it. Only have a regular lighter, jet one is still being shipped. But I am having trouble getting it right, I'm not getting any vapor at all. I heat it up a reasonable amount at first, when the condensation starts to form, but when I inhale theres just, nothing? I heat it a little more, still nothing, then after a couple more times its all burnt and only smoke comes out.

I'm pretty sure this is somehow my own ineptitude and not the product itself. Could someone please confirm that it should work for tobacco? I feel like I'm missing something, not really sure what to try next as at this point every time is the same.

Cheers :)

CaptainHair,

justcametomind

With a regular lighter it's more difficult for me to get vapor.
When herb begins to change colour I try to take 2/3 hits, sometimes it keeps coming and coming.
If not I heat a little bit more on the sides and try again. I read somewhere that
the process of heating should take 10/15 seconds, don't overheat if you didn't get vapor the first time. It's easy to say I know :)
I'd try with a little herb instead of tobacco so you can see in it gets brown, tobacco is already brown from the beginning and maybe it has different heat up times and you get smoke fast compared to other herbs.

justcametomind,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Mine arrived today, my first vape so I'm pretty excited :) I am having a bit of trouble with it though, I decided to try it with regular tobacco since its cheap and plentiful while I got used to it. Only have a regular lighter, jet one is still being shipped. But I am having trouble getting it right, I'm not getting any vapor at all. I heat it up a reasonable amount at first, when the condensation starts to form, but when I inhale theres just, nothing? I heat it a little more, still nothing, then after a couple more times its all burnt and only smoke comes out.

I'm pretty sure this is somehow my own ineptitude and not the product itself. Could someone please confirm that it should work for tobacco? I feel like I'm missing something, not really sure what to try next as at this point every time is the same.

Cheers :)
Hi,
you need a few time to learn to use it. I agree with justcametomind. You need a torch lighter for the best use. Later, you have to inhale slow and continuously during a long time to get a good vapor cloud.:tup:

NineDelta,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hi,
you need a few time to learn to use it. I agree with justcametomind. You need a torch lighter for the best use. Later, you have to inhale slow and continuously during a long time to get a good vapor cloud.:tup:

NineDelta, what are your impressions of the Vapbong vs Vaponic? Thinking of getting one but not sure which.

vorrange,

justcametomind

I'm not nine delta but have both. Vaponic all the way!
Don't even consider the bong IMHO. It has a smaller inner tube and most of all that little screen you have to attach at the end of it, that renders almost impossible to see if you are heating too much your content. Also, inside the inner tube it has a compressed screen instead of a proper one as the Vaponic. Difficult to clean and worse air flow. I didn't get vapbong at all but I like the Vaponic a lot.

justcametomind,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm not nine delta but have both. Vaponic all the way!
Don't even consider the bong IMHO. It has a smaller inner tube and most of all that little screen you have to attach at the end of it, that renders almost impossible to see if you are heating too much your content. Also, inside the inner tube it has a compressed screen instead of a proper one as the Vaponic. Difficult to clean and worse air flow. I didn't get vapbong at all but I like the Vaponic a lot.

Thanks man. :D
I thought that screen was better for concentrates though, i think it was watTyler who said it in a earlier post.

Did you try some morocan hash or oils in the Vaponic yet?

justcametomind

No moroccan still. I tried loose pollen/kief and it worked good, also tried with a mixture of black hash and oil, in a couple of seconds everything was bubbling inside the tube. I'm just a beginner with this vape anyway. Everyone says this vape is really good with hash and Moroccan I'm sure is no exception. Just avoid to heat too much too fast, as always you should with this sort of vape.
Pure oils I think can be a risk. I'd try with really small amount to avoid it running inside the tube, as I did with my black mixture. Just a little bit on a side of the chamber, heating on the other side for better control.

justcametomind,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
NineDelta, what are your impressions of the Vapbong vs Vaponic? Thinking of getting one but not sure which.
I agree with justcametomind again. No doubt, Vaponic:nod: . With Vaponic you can vaporize more quantity, therefore, you get high quickly. You can get bigger vapor clouds, I've got good results with all kind of hash and hash oil, I've vaporized perfectly a dab of BHO, but it's less efficient than a TI nail.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Okay, it seems like its gonna be the Vaponic. :)

I have yet to do my first BHO, i plan to do an abv bho or ethanol extraction and i want to make some thc oil. Then, i'll get a nail kit to do some dabbing. :science:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Seems i had the last word. muahahaha. :D

My Vaponic is in transit, nice!

Can anyone tell me how long until your first hit, 20seconds heating it?

And the bic lighters, do they work good enough, despite the potential soot if you let the flame touch the glass? How long on average until it gets to temperature?

I recognize i should have asked this BEFORE i ordered, but i would get one nonetheless.. it just seems a nifty little thing to carry around unoticed and with a sturdy case to protect the glass.

vorrange,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
First heat up time varies depending on your lighter and dryness of your herbs. For your first time using, we recommend just a small, inexpensive wind proof type jet lighter. One of the Vaponics advantages are to be able to see your herbs turn color from green to light brown when ready. As you keep hitting and re heating, your herbs will keep getting darker.
PV

PlanetHaze,

OO

Technical Skeptical
This is nearly identical to a vape I have been using for years. The intensity of the experience is unmatched by anything else I have come across, and it is the epitome of what I call a 'freebase vape'.

I don't use a test tube however, and apply heat directly to the glass which contains the material.

OO,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This is nearly identical to a vape I have been using for years. The intensity of the experience is unmatched by anything else I have come across, and it is the epitome of what I call a 'freebase vape'.

I don't use a test tube however, and apply heat directly to the glass which contains the material.

The Ubie? I've been thinking that is problably the best simplest portable if you want to vaporize any kind of concentrates but for herbs it needs extra care and technique while hitting to not get a side burn on the material.

What do you mean by "i don't use a test tube" ?

vorrange,
Top Bottom