• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapocane

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I actually do not have any water tools (apart from a hydrotube), let alone a bong, as I do not want to have them standing around with little kids. The vaponic (plus) has spoiled me tastewise (and made be fond of torch powered vaporizers) so I wanted an all glass alternative that fits into a drawer (or a backpack for that matter). The functionality should be comparable, though, or would you disagree? Anyway, it was very affordable (32€) and will arrive on Saturday, so I will see for my self. If it blows me away and I crave for more, I can still consider buying the standard one (also cheap: 24 € on amazon) and maybe some small bong.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: lazylathe

Whissmu

This was one of my first vapes (the second I think ..) I have come to have 3, always break in the same way; Mysteriously appeared from scratch a crack in the logo, with frequent use, that the crack progressed to split it into two parts :(

I do not end up happy to use it.

Sorry if my words discourage, I just say my experience!

Whissmu,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Did the crack appear in the j-hook or in the vapocane?
Sorry if my words discourage, I just say my experience!

Not at all, I bought it out of curiosity as a sort of a weekend device as it seems that you can get pretty big rips from it. As it happens, I actually managed this accidentally with the vaponic yesterday, when the lighter behaved differently after a refill with a different brand of gas and the flame seemed to be much hotter: the outer glas obviously became very hot very quick with the load remaining green. I had incredibly dense vapor for the first 3 hits which pretty much finished the load (and me). The taste wasn't the best (roasty) but I got hit by a steam train ;)

I do not intend to replace the vaponic plus as my regular vape, as it is very easy to handle and I am having an established ritual that I enjoy very much.

Schroedinger,

Whissmu

As you can see the crack is in the vapocane, I forgot to mention that in the three vapocanes that I had in my power were folded before leaving the crack...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Whissmu,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Whissmu

I had the same issue! E mailed the seller and he shipped me off a new one without any questions!
My crack was more horizontal around the restriction.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Morty

Whissmu

@Whissmu

I had the same issue! E mailed the seller and he shipped me off a new one without any questions!
My crack was more horizontal around the restriction.

I have always blamed myself for not using it well .. late in understanding (one is clumsy) they always break u_U

Whissmu,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Today my package arrived. The vapocane has some sort of inclusion or micro-crack already (I contacted the seller). Apart from that, wow!! I tested it with the direct heat method and a small amount of herb (0.06g) and I finished it in 3 big draws. BAM! I am impressed. I use the silicon thing and the empty marker from my vaponic to handle and store it while still hot.
Next thing will be testing the indirect heating method.

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Wow, I just tried it: what a flavor. Much better than the direct heating (but more gas needed and not as instantaneous). With direct heating, there were instantly big clouds, but I thought I had tasted a weird undertone that was gone with the indirect heat and reappeared when I finished the load with the direct heating method. And your are right, I needed a big ass torch.

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
OK, with the second try using the indirect heating method, I hit a sweet spot and was smacked by a flavory steam train. It was one extremely intense and dense cloud (and some whispy follow-ups), pretty much like a nice 10 min vaponic session condensed in one big rip. Afterwards, I floated through the sunny forest to a kids carneval party, dressed as (a very mellow) darth vader ;)

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
After some time of neglecting the vapocane, I chose to put it to some use yesterday evening and was, once again pleasantly surprised (using the indirect method): I could empty the bowl in 2 gigantic rips of extremely great taste and it blew me completely away. So it is back in the rotation ;)

*plainlazy*

What torch size is needed for indirect heating? I think my torch's arnt up to the task

*plainlazy*,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
As I mentioned a couple of posts before, I had intitially bought the j-hook version without the middle part of the vapocane (https://www.head-nature.com/Vaporizer/VapoCane-Cane-Gun-Set-A.12259-) that I used both dry and with a small bubbler. So just for fun, I bought the plain vapocane (fusion) and it is actually significantly better than the version with the modded reducer. The screen is sitting a bit deeper which obviously leads to a better heat distribution from the hot air stream - maybe the spherical glass below also contributes to a different aerodynamics. The first rip was so intensely thick, that I initially feared I had combusted, but the taste said otherwise. With the indirect heating, this thing is so tasteful but still knocks you on your ass with very little flower. The AVB comes out very evenly browned now - compared to the cane gun version where there usually was a much darker spot in the middle. To test how spent the material was after 3 hits (when I could not produce any more visible vapor but the material was only a relatively light brown), I put it in the vaponic and the Ti-Woody, heated it to a dark brown but still could not produce any vapor at all. The downside is that you need to be quite careful when using the indirect heating because the glass parts become really hot. With the correct heating technique (sharp angle from below) and a powerful torch, I managed to decrease the heating interval to 20 secs. Also by playing with the angle you can control the temp during the draw (with the angle closer to 90° the temp decreases as you only heat the glass very punctually).

TL;DR: The vapocane fusion gives way better results than the vapocane cane-gun version with the modded reducer.

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
FYI: you can definitely combust (actual burning with a glowing cherry) with the indirect heating :(. Yesterday, the last hit of the (already pretty spent) material turned into an avb bong hit (arrrrggh). I cannot recall why I ever enjoyed the sensation of smoke in my lungs - it made me want to scrape my tongue clean afterwards. On top of it, my wife complaint about the disgusting smell in the kitchen.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: MrMonss

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
OK, this seems to be my private blog now ;)
Since the vapocane is back in rotation again, I played around with it and get the best results taste and effect wise using a j-hook with the vapocane fusion. What I wonder though, is how can the same amount of herb (~0.07g) put me out of commission that fast while my other vapes I own or have tried (omnivap, vaponic, storm, mighty) get me medicated but not in such a brutal way, the AVB is even a lighter brown as when using the other vapes. Does anyone know what causes this (the amount of THC should be similar). While there are rumors about visible vapor being wasted materials, the opposite seems to be the case.
Is this the sudden frontal assault to my cannabinoid-receptors? Are there any pharmacological/neurological explanations I have not stumbled across?

Schroedinger,

Morty

the same amount of herb (~0.07g) put me out of commission that fast while my other vapes I own or have tried (omnivap, vaponic, storm, mighty) get me medicated but not in such a brutal way
Oh baby!:clap:Just got a Vapocane this past week, but have yet to use it as I'm putting another new vape through it's paces. I'm curious though, always been interested in the Vaponic, how do you feel the two compare in terms of flavor. Pretty similar ? Thanks mayne!

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I'm curious though, always been interested in the Vaponic, how do you feel the two compare in terms of flavor. Pretty similar ?

Hmm, it is not easily described. The vaponic (30% conduction and 70% convection - at least the way I use it most of the time) is more subtle and I usually draw the sessions out with small temp increases to savor all the nuances with the vapor changing its taste.
The vapocane, oh the other hand, delivers dense 100% convection hits and I finish the bowl in 1-2 huge rips with some wispy follow ups. The taste is pretty awesome too (it is like eating a tasty vapor cloud with your lung), unfortunately it is over very quickly and I cannot do a back to back session with the vapocane without having serious reality discontinuities. I usually get an extreme psychedelic high, however, I do not schedule anything for after hitting it.

It is the vaponic for staying sociable and active and the vapocane to glimpse the other side.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
As you can see the crack is in the vapocane, I forgot to mention that in the three vapocanes that I had in my power were folded before leaving the crack...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hey bud ! Lately my experience with glass vapes grew with my DIYs and also being a previous owner of vapocane i can throw some advise.. First i have to mentiion that i think the vaponic needs more mass(thicker glass),so it can hold heat better/not bend,this would prevent most users of overtorching it. Anyway there is still something you can do to avoid glass bending,which happen somewhere around 1200 C, on most of my big torches there is some kind of nozze or a switch that lets me control flame wideness from needle sharp torch stream to candle flame style.The trick is not to use it when it is sharp,cause it is 1200-1300C and also concentrates heat at one tiny spot which is often thereason that glass brakes from torching. I found a large wide stream like 0.5 cm wide works best for me. Wider flame has temp below glass melting point IMO works better with glass vapes cause you heat more surface and also is better for glass health.
---------------------------
I have found that wider flame also works best with the vaponic too,my favorite way to use it ,is with tiny alcohol lamp,cause it offers even lower temps of the flame.

Last edited:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Ah, the switch is to change the air/gas ratio for controlling temp and flame shape, I think. I usually try to hold the torch rather parallel to the upper part of the vapocane than perpendicular to increase the heated area and prevent spot heating. I will lookout for a torch with adjustable air ratio.

Schroedinger,

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
After having it been sitting on the shelf for some months, I am currently using it regularly again (after my days work is done). Technique is essential here and I am improving it constantly. My preferred method is:

1. Fill it with 0.03-0.06 g of herb
  2. Heat the upper part of the vapocane up about 20 secs with a big torch
  3. Heat (the upper part) with a big flame from the outside, moving the torch and playing with the angle while drawing slowly. As @Abysmal Vapor said, try to avoid hot spots on the glass.
  4. Exhale
  5. Repeat 3-5
I am preferring the j-hook over the bong as I can gauge temp and draw speed more directly (and you look like a Sci-Fi Sherlock Holmes).
However, I have established a ritual/protocol to minimize getting burned or to destroy the glass parts and I understand that this might be inconvenient for other users. But taste and effect justify these inconveniences for me.

Here is a funny anecdote I wanted to share:
Some days ago, the kids were in bed, the kitchen cleaned and I sat down hitting the vapocane leaving the kitchen somewhat foggy. Suddenly it knocks on the door and I hurry to open the window to let the vapor out. My neighbor asked for some eggs and a conversation ensued. While I was relatively sober when I opened the door, the effects starting to creep in and I could feel my eyes becoming small and red and my thoughts became silly and inconsistent.
When she left, I had to sit down and laugh. I wonder if she sensed me changing during the brief conversation.

Top Bottom