Vapman

Philreal187

After a week of normal Vapman use I took off the screen to check on the mica washer. Unfortunately I got ahead of myself and started removing it with out a photo. I took the screen off while it was still warm, it was a bit stuck. Next I placed the screen onto of the pan and gave it heat. Seen some vapor or smoke so stopped and reached for my tweezers to hold the hot screen and another pair to great the washer out.

This is what I ended up with after the removal...

epMxLjZ.jpg

:doh::shrug::doh:

Nothing was stuck to the screen or middle section. It just broke while trying to get the tweezers under and lift it off.

This was probably completely user error. I did not sand my middle section down because I lacked sand paper. This is something I plan to pick up soon and give a nice clean up job on the middle section.

Here is what my middle section looks like...

aoN16V0.jpg

Fresh washer in the screen..

70VeqXu.jpg

I can definitely say the washer did not leave any funky taste or any noticeable difference to the vapor. It did help out locking the middle section into the springs with a nice tight hold. I really like how much stable it feels with the washer spacing adding just that little bit difference.

My Vapman turned one on November 22, I was trying to share some pictures of wearing on the under section and the over all Vapman. The above pictures show the middle section.

Here is the bottom but keep in mind I did attempt a poor imitation of @Mojo amazing two tone charring.

qegho1Z.jpg

CSWqNo5.jpg

I have noticed two small cracks but nothing major, I believe my Vapman performs better than ever and is still my daily driver. I don't know if this would be the perfect vape for everyone but its pretty close to the perfect vape for me!! :tup:

3h86sBc.jpg

:peace:
@AJS
I posted this showing over a year of daily usage.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-219#post-923685

DrNick420

Is the vapman station going to cause the Vapman to function differently than with a lighter?

I can wrap my mind around the concentrates plate just fine but I feel like I would just ruin it if I used it on the Vapman Station. It seems like the concentrates need the quick burst of the flame.

Am I wrong? I hope I am wrong because the Vapman Station looks neat... and I don't even have a vapman....

OF

If I buy a station should I buy the basic instead of the classic? Does it conduct the heat better?

No difference in performance, the key parts are identical. However, given the price of the Station on a VM I think the few extra dollars is a small percentage of the total to have 'the best' appearance wise. Unless you have something special planned for completing the basic model. The factory finish on the classic is much better than most of us are likely to be able to do and IMO the Mica (with it's tiny screws) is a very nice 'touch'. It would, IMO, be a pity to be really enjoying the rig and to think 'for less than 10% more in cost I could have gone POSH all the way'.

Quick trivia freaks, where does "POSH" come from (why is it a useful comparison......or is it?).

OF

Gourmet

Is the vapman station going to cause the Vapman to function differently than with a lighter?
The station can heat the pan a little bit more evenly than with the torch and thats why it increase the effectiveness a bit, seen from my experience.

It seems like the concentrates need the quick burst of the flame.
I like to use the VM and two screens for concentrates (mostly QWISO or viscous oil), and I make the Vapman-sandwich, which means: screen-oil-screen. ;) Half a sreen full is the maximum what I would recommend.

I start with the Level 3 on the station and go till 5, until it gives a slightly bitter taste. Then I clean the screens and the pan with the torch and burn the rests away. The filter of the middle section I clean on a piece of paper. If once the VM sticks nevertheless together, please heat it first up before open.

DocGonzo

Just to chime in on the basic, I love mine. I don't feel like I'm missing anything and I was able to two-tone it by intentionally charring the middle section and the inner part of the cone. Really pretty smitten with it. I'm sure I'd love a classic, too, but I don't think you can go wrong either way, one just takes a small bit of time to pretty up if you care about that kind of thing.

I'm in NYC for a jiu jitsu competition, but I'll try to post some pictures of mine when I get back home.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I managed to snag myself a Walnut Classic.
Will obviously share pictures, videos, impressions, the whole shabang, anything you wanna see me do, I'll do, to an extent ;)
I love videos. I'll try to milk some glass for you guys when it arrived. Probably Monday or Tuesday.
Sooo excited.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
No difference in performance, the key parts are identical. However, given the price of the Station on a VM I think the few extra dollars is a small percentage of the total to have 'the best' appearance wise. Unless you have something special planned for completing the basic model. The factory finish on the classic is much better than most of us are likely to be able to do and IMO the Mica (with it's tiny screws) is a very nice 'touch'. It would, IMO, be a pity to be really enjoying the rig and to think 'for less than 10% more in cost I could have gone POSH all the way'.

Quick trivia freaks, where does "POSH" come from (why is it a useful comparison......or is it?).

OF

I thought it stood for 'port side out starboard home' and the upper classes would have it written on their luggage?

OF

I thought it stood for 'port side out starboard home' and the upper classes would have it written on their luggage?

Exactly so, or nearly. When one went to India (the driving force behind the IPAs we enjoy today......), those with the ability specified POSH accommodations. Since trade in the day was 'coasters' sailing was generally done in sight of land, or very close to it. There was no GPS yet nor even good clocks so you were SOL as far as determining longitude (latitude you do by height of 'local apparent noon' but you need to know the exact time (in GMT) to do longitude). To keep from getting lost ships typically sailed between locations on the coast.

Generally folks with money wanted cabins with good views, though ironically the air would be fresher on the other side (to seaward). Today I guess they fly first class, eat better, drink free and get there before the little people?

Full points even if it wasn't so marked on luggage (it was in cabin assignments). POSH, over time, became the term we (sometimes) use today, 'living in high style'? Like the Classic VM........

Thanks for playing,

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I like using my vapman while driving.

Most of the time I can hold the torch, the VM and then maneuver the wheel with my pinky finger.

This probably isn't too 'safe' to say the least.

@vapman ever thought of a low tech 'clip' what is flexible (rather bendable) that could attach one end to the torch and the other to the vapman to make one handed functioning possible?

OF

I always found the mica layer unattractive and detrimental to the overall appearence of the Vapman.

The difference between the Artist and the Engineer?

As in my POSH analogy above, the basic and classic VM get to port at the same time (that is they both make vapor in the same way with the same advantages), the difference is the journey? In this case 'first cabin' isn't really all that much more money, it can easily come down to personal preference.

Nice to eat at the Captain's Table, even if the meal is the same. If you like that sort of stuff.

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency

Most of the time I can hold the torch, the VM and then maneuver the wheel with my pinky finger.

@vapman ever thought of a low tech 'clip' what is flexible (rather bendable) that could attach one end to the torch and the other to the vapman to make one handed functioning possible?
Sorry but I thought this was hilarious when I read the first line. Awesome idea tho wjrh the one handed setup. Rig one up and let us know!

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor

Agreed. The VapMan and VC are great for this purpose. No need to light while at your lips, heat low where no one can see, and raise to mouth for puffs. I also will use stop lights as a chance to use the torch, and i am ready to puff away when the light turns green.

I am also a self proclaimed master of knee driving. Haven't tried in years, but used to be able to do full no hand U turns while juggling the wheel with both legs. But these days, just occasionally use knee driving while i torch my VC or VM, typically when no one else is around.

DrNick420

I've been thinking about how I can use my motorcycle's exhaust to power an e-nail and strap a rig to the handlebars, but maybe just using a vapman when i'm stopped is safer.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been out of town in Cali the past few days. On the plane back to my town as I type. The vapman is literally sitting there waiting for me to pick it up after a 4 day tolerance break.
Guys .... I'll be in another zone! New vape + tolerance break?! That's only happened once with a new vape, the E-Nano, now I got the vapman to flood my system with! Should be fun experimenting with this bad boy, unfortunately, idk how much my body can take after the T break. We'll see!

Just a few more hours.

Anyone have any pictures of a heavily used basic vapman used with a torch?
Do most people have the basic or the classic? I really like the idea of the oiled wood! But the rawness of the basic is also appealing!

Here's mine after 4.5 months of daily use. I finish sanded and oiled it myself with BLO, I've heard it said that oiling the wood doesn't actually make the vapman last longer as the burnt layer actually protects it after its built up but oiling has certainly improved the aesthetics and reduced charring. It wasn't difficult, although the tubes are pressed into the pan meaning complete disassembly wasn't possible so sanding and oiling the inner ring was a little bit of a PITA.

609533c16e.jpg

Most of the black part was from my initial bowls before I sanded and stained. With a decent torch keeping your VM near perfect is no issue, the key is a very focused torch as you only heat the apex of the pan. Welcome to the family man, I'm sure you'll love it.

Top Bottom