Vapman

vapman

Manufacturer
@mtnclimber Bring it on, we want to see the photo with the lighter working on 10'000 feet!:tup:

I might be wrong but I am seriously thinking that they changed something on the lighters. I swear the lighters did not work on high altitudes years ago, I am by far not the only one claiming this. It had nothing to do with the cold, I warmed up my lighter in the trousers pocket but it did not work. I even received emails from clients in Colorado being upset about the lighter not working on the ski slopes.

Knowing that the lighters are working on high altitudes now, is simply a very pleasant surprise!

I have to write to "Verdampftnochmal" in Berlin, they are also stating on their site that jet-flame lighters aren't working high up in the mountains.

@nondarb Yes, the stainless steel washers will be standard, they are ordered and will be here in a few weeks.
I am thinking of doing a post this afternoon about the test I am doing about it. It is in fact an eventful year for me, looks like it is going to be the year of vapman, the 13th sign of the chines zodiac.

@$unnyblaq They are not marked as new basic walnuts, the wider center bore is standard on the basics from now on. Because I still have both types, let me know by email after you ordered to make sure you get the new type.

Thank you,

vapman

Spocks_Katra

one final question I am so sorry for all the posts I wish all these came to me at the same time but as I medicate I get random thoughts.

I use for pain relief purposes and I was wondering if the bowl size is enough to accommodate someone like me. I usually vape .1-.2g per session. I dont have a problem reloading it if thats what it takes but was just curious. For reference, 2-3 small enano stems get me to right about where I want to be

Philreal187

@Spocks_Katra I can't speak for your needs but only my opinion. With practice and dedication to the torch technique it will become more efficient than every other vape. Instead of full heat you can blast it quick and pull the heat out with a draw. There is certainly a magic that comes with spending quality time with this vape. Its unmatched by anything I have tried yet!!

:peace:

Spocks_Katra

Thanks for all the help. :tup::peace:

With the washers coming in soon I think a wide bore basic with a stainless washer and some concentrate sieves are just what I'll need !!

I want to say it's been awesome conversing about this Vape. Even though I don't own one yet I feel like I am part of the vapman family thanks to all your warm replies and informative posts by @vapman I am excited to see where this journey will take me

The stainless steel washers will be excellent for me as I love high temps. I plan on using crumble in this as I have a steady supply and the vapman is so good with hash. I think the consistency of crumble is somewhat comparable. Perhaps a bowl with a small sprinkle of crumble. Or some shatter placed on a couple of sieves. The possibilities are endless!
:spidey:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
^ I'm betting @M0J0 is loving this! Excellent work again Rene!

sKbIShX.jpg
Yes. Love it!

This will save me some time, and I can also send you guys some replacement crucibles already assembled.

All you'd have to mess with is three screws and that's it!

Note: I'm so sorry I haven't been here as I would wish. They changed my schedule in my "real job" and I've been pressed for time. I used to work from home before this, so I could hang out here while I was working... Now... Not so much...

I shipped a tattooed vapman to Austria this past week though. This is a first!

I've shipped to Indonesia, Germany, Spain... Vapman is everywhere! Woohoo!

I have to catch up on reading the posts now.

I've missed you guys and gals.

Peace all.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
As promised, here is a picture of the new style basic walnut. New, the center bore is bigger, it has the same size as the pan, meaning that the pan can be removed without having to remove the tubes. Good news for repair, refurbishing and modding, no special tools needed. This is only possible with the basic models, the classic ones still need to go to the garage.:cool:

be6mvr.jpg

vapman

Awesome.

As well as being great for repairs and modding, i think another benefit will be less charring of the bottom.

I have found that often extra charring is due to poor aim of the torch or from heat reflected off the pan onto the wood, so i assume a wider bore hole will minimise both of these occurrences.

vapman

Manufacturer
Rainy Sunday morning here in Switzerland, the perfect time for the post about the test with the stainless steel washer.
This is how the middle section looks after 80 bowls of flowers and 40 bowls of hash, meaning that totally 120 bowls have been vaporized. I heated the bowl 8 times on average per session leading to a total of around 960 heating cycles. Of course, I heated exclusively with the torch lighter only, heating with the station does not cause any burning on the middle section. It also became clear to me, that the middle section gets burned and stained from the great heat of the hot air passing by on the side, the heat from underneath is not an issue but the edge of the filter gets extremely hot from the torch. At first sight, there is not much difference as the side also gets stained from the heat. Here it is:

25aorw9.jpg

After taking off the filter we can see where the honey is. It looks dirty but considering that this is after 120 bowls of heavy use, there are not that much residues and it can be reclaimed, very oily and smelling real good. Because the middle section is standing on the SS washer and not in the "mud", the middle section still looks quite clean.
The core of the test is how the middle section looks regarding the burning. As we can clearly see, the middle section got stained on the outside about the same as without the washer but the flat part still looks intact and not burned at all, even the edge is still sharp!:tup:
Because the flat part of the wood is much larger with the washer and gets less hot at the same time, I am sure the middle section will stay flat and last for much longer with the washer !:nod:

2u5xue0.jpg

Here is a picture of the mid-section after I cleaned it a bit. Even when the burning should go a bit further to the inside after a while, it will never go all the way to the inside of the flat part, meaning that the wood will not erode and the spring action of the locking system will always stay tight.

2e3vq5f.jpg

Clean and ready to go for the next thousand bowls!;)

344taww.jpg

I should have thought of this washer before! I always thought the heat comes from underneath but this is not true, the issue is the hot air heating the filter on the edge more than the pan due to bad conduction of the stainless steel filter.

After 11 years of the making, I finally found the last missing link of vapman, this is kind of magic.

The washers are ordered and they will be standard on every vapman. Good thing, every vapman can be equipped with the washer at any time.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday!:)

vapman

Last edited:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Rainy Sunday morning here in Switzerland, the perfect time for the post about the test with the stainless steel washer.
This is how the middle section looks after 80 bowls of flowers and 40 bowls of hash, meaning that totally 120 bowls have been vaporized. I heated the bowl 8 times on average per session leading to a total of around 960 heating cycles. Of course, I heated exclusively with the torch lighter only, heating with the station does not cause any burning on the middle section. It also became clear to me, that the middle section gets burned and stained from the great heat of the hot air passing by on the side, the heat from underneath is not an issue but the edge of the filter gets extremely hot from the torch. At first sight, there is not much difference as the side also gets stained from the heat. Here it is:

25aorw9.jpg

After taking off the filter we can see where the honey is. It looks dirty but considering that this is after 120 bowls of heavy use, there are not that much residues and it can be reclaimed, very oily and smelling real good. Because the middle section is standing on the SS washer and not in the "mud", the middle section still looks quite clean.
The core of the test is how the middle section looks regarding the burning. As we can clearly see, the middle section got stained on the outside about the same as without the washer but the flat part still looks intact and not burned at all, even the edge is still sharp!:tup:
Because the flat part of the wood is much larger with the washer and gets less hot at the same time, I am sure the middle section will stay flat and last for much longer with the washer !:nod:

2u5xue0.jpg

Here is a picture of the mid-section after I cleaned it a bit. Even when the burning should go a bit further to the inside after a while, it will never go all the way to the inside of the flat part, meaning that the wood will not erode and the spring action of the locking system will always stay tight.

2e3vq5f.jpg

Clean and ready to go for the next thousand bowls!;)

344taww.jpg

I should have thought of this washer before! I always thought the heat comes from underneath but this is not true, the issue is the hot air heating the filter on the edge more than the pan due to bad conduction of the stainless steel filter.

After 11 years of the making, I finally found the last missing link of vapman, this is kind of magic.

The washers are ordered and they will be standard on every vapman. Good thing, every vapman can be equipped with the washer at any time.

I wish you all a wonderful Sunday!:)

vapman
René, this so freaking cool!

I love it!

It's amazing how good it looks after so much use!

You have to listen to more of my crazy ideas! They may sound crazy at first, but after a vapman session, they start to make sense...

Of course, you have to refine them and make them really work...

I remember us brainstorming and saying that the only thing about the vapman that could be improved was the wear on the middle section from heat.

Now, that part is resolved!

So, I dare say that the vapman is now freaking PERFECT.

I have to say again... After using the vapman for a few years, I tested a few battery vapes, just to compare, and I have ZERO interest in wasting any more time and money in any other vape.

The ritual and efficiency...

The simplicity of design and operation...

The beauty of the two-toned, tattooed wood ;) and René's positive energy and friendship...

There's just no reason for me to stray ever again.

Vapman is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I just received my custom tattooed vapman and this thing is amazing. I cancelled my order of another vaporizer (that I will not name) and spent the money on the vap and I couldn't be happier. Best customer service and support I've ever had. Thank you @vapman and @M0J0 :tup:

Anywho, some questions for anyone willing to answer.

• Smoke coming from canter of when using the torch normal? I'm assuming this is the charring that takes place which will act as heat protection, but I'm always paranoid lol

• Should I be using the sieves for dry herbs, or are they just for concentrates? vice-versa?

Thanks again,

-Moonz

OF

• Smoke coming from canter of when using the torch normal? I'm assuming this is the charring that takes place which will act as heat protection, but I'm always paranoid lol

• Should I be using the sieves for dry herbs, or are they just for concentrates? vice-versa?

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum. Great choice on the VM as you've discovered, a custom one from Mojo all the more personal and sweeter.

Yes, vapor can escape between the pan (Gold part) and the filter (flat SS plate on the bottom of the mid section)), the seal is not perfect always. And the heat can cause condensate in the wood of the center section to both make vapor you can see and even seep through the wood. Part of the charm, nothing to worry about.

The thick screens are intended for concentrates only, they slow down the action with herb by taking up space and insulating the pan from the load (remember, it's conduction, it depends on solid contact to transfer heat.

Anyway, great first call, want to buy some Lotto tickets for me?

OF

The thick screens are intended for concentrates only, they slow down the action with herb by taking up space and insulating the pan from the load (remember, it's conduction, it depends on solid contact to transfer heat.

Anyway, great first call, want to buy some Lotto tickets for me?

@OF thanks I appreciate it, I knew something seemed strange when I used dry herbs with screen lol. Surprised I didn't figure that out for myself.

This actually isn't my first vape purchase. I bought a Gpro that used for a while, but I realized quickly that it was not the best quality. Ordered a diff one that was still in pre-order phase which was a mistake. I would've been waiting till September at best to receive it

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@vapman maybe you could increase the length of the outside 'collar' of the ss filter to help reduce the slight charring on the middle section (or cover it up).

Although, Since it is from heat transfer through the ss filter rather than direct flame, maybe a bit of heat insulation too.

Of course completely unnecessary as it is only aesthetic anyway, and I think the charring adds character and individuallity, but just a thought for those who may want to keep it looking pristine.

OF

This actually isn't my first vape purchase. I bought a Gpro that used for a while, but I realized quickly that it was not the best quality. Ordered a diff one that was still in pre-order phase which was a mistake. I would've been waiting till September at best to receive it

I think you'll come to think that a Gpro isn't much of a vape to be charitable. VM is the real deal, as are several others.

I'm with you on promises of vapes in the future. I may someday buy a GH for instance, but for now I'll wait while they learn to deliver products that work, anyone can collect money with promises and arm waving. I'll go with established makers, proven products, good history of reliability, and proper Customer Service every time. Even over cost in some cases. To me, it's part of pride of ownership which is in turn part of the value.

Remember, 'don't be too shy with the heat'. You need to know the limits.......

Regards,

OF

Choughed

I like the idea of having a special sales day, it will happen in the near future when the stock is higher again. I also want to give away a vapman station set to the FC community, I will get in touch with Stu about a contest very soon.

I haven't been able to get this out of my head since @vapman wrote it! I'm hanging out for a chance to get a station!! :D

I'm thinking of suggesting to my MIL to cancel her pre-order too, and get herself a Vapman and Station combo instead. (Either that, or the UnderDog, but my husband and I can debate that all night). Hmm, how's the aroma therapy cup progressing?? ;) It might be the tipping point I need to win! Haha. Then again, I might simply send her a link to a video of each, and let her decide..

As for me, I'm convinced! It's not an if, but when the Station will come live out in the country with me. :luv: Oh, and my husband. Can't forget about him. ;):lol:

Squiby

I have tried a few vapes and recently bought a Vapman. It is super fantastic! The vapour is smooth and suits my style. Of course you cannot overlook its beauty! I love this thing!

The only downside is that it is fun to use. Maybe too fun.....I look forward to every session like never before.

If/when there is a sale, I will most certainly get another.

When the new ring washers are available, I'm In for them too.

I am so glad that I found the Vapman!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I have tried a few vapes and recently bought a Vapman. It is super fantastic! The vapour is smooth and suits my style. Of course you cannot overlook its beauty! I love this thing!

The only downside is that it is fun to use. Maybe too fun.....I look forward to every session like never before.

If/when there is a sale, I will most certainly get another.

When the new ring washers are available, I'm In for them too.

I am so glad that I found the Vapman!
Welcome to FC and you don't find the vapman...it finds you :whoa:
(que mystic music)

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've been using my Vapman almost exclusively through the J-Hook.
It's nice because you can go through your regular routine, not know if you're getting vapor or not, and then shine a light thru the J-Hook and realize that you're actually getting pretty decent vapor. Even on exhale it looks like I've been blowing nothing, but the light shows otherwise.

When you CAN see vapor in the J-Hook, without the use of the light, I've noticed that it tends to be too hot. You want to JUST be able to see a bit of vapor when you first start pulling, and it'll look like after that burst the vapor has stopped, but a little light will show that your vapor is still being produced for a solid 10-15 seconds.

I've had some great seshes this way.

vapman

Manufacturer
@Mojo Thank you for your inputs, ideas and cooperation!:tup:Lets hope this is only the beginning of a long and lasting relationship. The chances are good, I think we can honestly claim that, vapman is a well thought-out vaporizer and we will never stop trying to improve it!

@Vapenvy Increasing the outside collar would not help that much, the photo shows that underneath the tongue, the wood is also stained. In addition to this, increasing the collar would cost a small fortune as all the tools for making the filter would have to be redone. (USD 6000.--)
What helps the most is the washer lifting the mid-section up and out of that "hot" corner of the filter, the edge of the filter gets hotter than the pan for a short period of time. Stainless steel is not a good conductor (copper is after silver the best conductor) and gets therefore hotter from the hot air than the copper pan. Lifting up the mid-section and enlarging the flat part of the wood is the perfect solution to that issue. This is a great improvement without having to change much, I am very happy and greatful for this.

@Choughed Sorry, I had no time for the aroma therapy project so far, it has to wait a bit longer but it is not forgotten.
As soon we get the first SS washers, I will contact @Stu about the contest with the station, I want this set to be the first one with the washer.

Much love to the worldwide vapman family!:)

vapman

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm honestly amazed that I'm using the Vapman as often as I am. I have an LSV turned on on my desk, a Lotus sitting on it's WPA, a new rig my friend got, yet...I'm over here, with my little vapman, stem pulled out, and placed on my J-Hook. It's been two full weeks now, and I've pretty much only used my vapman. I'm only doing 1-2 bowls, as oppsed to 1-3 lsv bowls, and I'm getting just as stoned, with less herb, and more hits.
Granted, the hits aren't nearly as large, but the overall effects are equally as strong.
Just a different journey.
The LSV is a Bugatti, Lotus is a Corvette, and the Vapman is the efficiency of a Prius with the class of a Jag.

Top Bottom