Vapman

simpleasthcis

... As a box of ....
Sadly I am a fictional character, not Danny McBride.
I used the vapman, time to hit the world with some knowledge.

Trial Run
Almost burned my fingers on 3 flames in a row. Damn this thing is dangerous.
Too bad I don't have a welding glove.
On the 4th burn the lighter didn't click off - it got stuck in the on position.
Definitely overheated my VM. Almost burned my fingers again.
Combustion.

Second Attempt
Positioning the lighter upside down and flame up now.
Fingers seem to be safe. Vapor unlocked.

This character reminds me of "Sam Malone"
Just more sexist and less funny Cheers !

Choughed

When I was a complete noob, I covered the holes.. but he's wide open these days! :D
All the rest, whatever.. :rolleyes:

I have a question though, although I'm on the 3rd (admittedly shared 50-50) bowl tonight, and it might trail off a bit...

You know, I think we've only.. no, it's two! We've only used two different mj bags since Vapman came into our lives. Anyway, the last bag has lasted a long while, but we're finally out and we busted into this new bag yesterday, and it's all different and I'm wondering if the strain of the mj is what's causing it..
Uh, Vapman needs more than 6 seconds with this stuff, where the other stuff only needed 4.

Vapman is getting very warm with the extra heat times! Although this stuff is just as, if not more, effective, but there are no clouds at ALL!

There aren't any strain options available here - so it's anyone's guess / luck of the draw. I figured those who had a choice in different strains would probably know. I hope this question is allowed in here.. but I figured it's kinda specific to Vapman.. :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
When I was a complete noob, I covered the holes.. but he's wide open these days! :D
All the rest, whatever.. :rolleyes:

I have a question though, although I'm on the 3rd (admittedly shared 50-50) bowl tonight, and it might trail off a bit...

You know, I think we've only.. no, it's two! We've only used two different mj bags since Vapman came into our lives. Anyway, the last bag has lasted a long while, but we're finally out and we busted into this new bag yesterday, and it's all different and I'm wondering if the strain of the mj is what's causing it..
Uh, Vapman needs more than 6 seconds with this stuff, where the other stuff only needed 4.

Vapman is getting very warm with the extra heat times! Although this stuff is just as, if not more, effective, but there are no clouds at ALL!

There aren't any strain options available here - so it's anyone's guess / luck of the draw. I figured those who had a choice in different strains would probably know. I hope this question is allowed in here.. but I figured it's kinda specific to Vapman.. :)
Honestly sounds like the bud your trying to use may be slightly moist or sticky?

If that's the case a quick dry out before vaping might be better.

The other possibility is that your new stuff might not have as many trichromes, but you did say that it got you as, if not more medicated than the other strains. That's what makes me think it's the moisture.

DocGonzo

An easy way to test if it's moisture is to grind it fine and then spread it out in an even layer on a piece of paper. Leave it for at least 10 minutes somewhere without moist air. You want it to feel noticeably crispier than when you first ground it. If it gives sufficient clouds after that, then you just need to dry the rest of the bag out.

Gourmet

Anyway, the last bag has lasted a long while, but we're finally out and we busted into this new bag yesterday, and it's all different and I'm wondering if the strain of the mj is what's causing it..
That happens to me too! It depends really on the strain and like WakeAndVape already said, the moisture.
Personally, I love the herb with a relative humidity (RH) about 60%. But even if the RH is the same, I got some strains, they need more heat and came out greener than the others after vaping.

But the VM is ideal to deal with this differences, IMHO.

Choughed

Thank you all for the suggestions. If the herb is too moist, I usually have trouble grinding it in my acrylic grinder (one day I'll upgrade!!) and this stuff wasn't sticky, but grinding it finer helped with the flavour, for sure, but not the clouds. I guess it's no big deal, but the 6 second thing is kind of weird. I'll have to put it down to strange herb I guess. Vapman is definitely making the best of it though!

One day the random herb will be a thing of the past.. *sigh

I'll try drying out a little on paper and see what happens. Thanks again! :)

Spocks_Katra

Why don't you want mica? That's what's holding me back from getting the basic ... The classic has a hefty price compared to the basic.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, But i have heard mica dust is not very good to inhale, I dont want to take the chance that my mica may someday chip, exposing me to said dust. I may be completely wrong, and someone please correct me if I am. I want to get the best quality/safest possible.

OF

I'll try drying out a little on paper and see what happens. Thanks again! :)

By all means do try dryer, it can sometimes make a big difference (sometimes it's just strain/quality of course). The issue is there's only so much heat available at the load, using some of it to dry water out (which is absolutely necessary before getting vapor) simply 'robs' from the vapor production.

As a suggestion for next 'bag change', sample some of the new stuff right away to compare with the old in cases like this. You can wait until you're down to the last gram of the original bag and still have something of a standard to rate the new stuff by (try 'back and forth' between 'em). It's nice, I think, to know ahead of time that the next bag is good quality. If it's not, best to know right away so you can 'repair or replace'? Nice to not have to make do because 'it's all you've got'.....when with more time you could have done better.

In the dark days before MMJ, when I lived from ounce to ounce, that's the way I handled it anyway. I'd budget 1/10 ounce a week. My goal was to have the next ounce 'in the bag' (tested and ready to go) by the time I was four weeks from the end (down under half an ounce). It'd test the new stuff by substituting 1/10 of it for the next weeks' ration. My usual connection was first rate, the herb fresh and 'top shelf' before there was a top shelf, but the Black Market is the Black Market. I was able to 'take back and exchange' sub par lots, typically not an option, but that's noting like 'guaranteed, legal, fully tested' bud on that there top shelf.....none finer available.

Until the day when all can feast at such a table, let's be grateful for what we do have? Many have it tougher.......

Regards to all,

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
I remember this discussion a long time ago. Someone had health concerns, told his doctor about his vaporizer with mica, and I recall the doctor saying something along the lines of needing to snort a line of Mica for it to truly be an issue. Apparently his doctor, despite tht patient having medical issues, still approved of the mica.

Spocks_Katra

I remember this discussion a long time ago. Someone had health concerns, told his doctor about his vaporizer with mica, and I recall the doctor saying something along the lines of needing to snort a line of Mica for it to truly be an issue. Apparently his doctor, despite tht patient having medical issues, still approved of the mica.
interesting thanks for the input. I quit cigarettes and smoking mmj so id like to avoid any bad materials that I can.

vapman

Manufacturer
  • Second - the jet lighter works fine here at 8,000 feet. I am still a bit hesitant with putting the torch on the VM and thinking I am wrecking the mica or the finish but I'll get over that.
@mtnclimber Your lighter is working on 8,000 feet, really? Wow, this turns everything upside down of what I thought I knew about these lighters. Why did my lighter not work well on 5,000 feet? Is the atmospheric pressure higher in the States than here in Europe? Just kidding, but seriously, what is happening here and why did I here so many times, that people had problems with their lighter at high altitudes?
In the end, I am happy to be wrong and to read that your lighter works!:)

@Choughed You are reading my mind, I was going to do a post yesterday about this subject. After opening a new bag of weed, I also realized that I have to heat almost a third longer compared to the stuff I was using before. I experienced this many times before, it is absolutely normal that plants differ from each other, sometimes a lot. Where some plants turn brown after a few seconds of heating, others are still green at very high temperatures. Plants are not digital, thanks God or whoever is responsible for this.;)

Someone correct me if I am wrong, But i have heard mica dust is not very good to inhale, I dont want to take the chance that my mica may someday chip, exposing me to said dust. I may be completely wrong, and someone please correct me if I am. I want to get the best quality/safest possible.

@Spocks_Katra This is a good occasion to repeat of what I already explained to clients 11 years ago.

Safety was number one priority when I designed vapman. Important, a vaporizer should also be save when over heated because we can't expect that everybody is doing everything correctly at all times,
especially when it comes to vaporizing psychoactive substances.

When thinking about safety of materials, we have to distinguish between dust and toxicity!

Any dust is bad for us, regardless if the particular dust is toxic or not. Of course, toxic dust is the worst case and has to be avoided at all means!

Now, lets look at silicate (mica) and the dust of silicate in particular.

Silicate is the most common mineral on this planet and absolutely non toxic! Glass is made of silicate
and no one thinks of glass to be toxic.

Mica is made of silicate and used as a heat insulator for over hundred years in all sorts of devices of our daily life (toasters, hairdryers….) and is absolutely non toxic!

Because silicate is the most common mineral, we have to expect that we breath in dust of silicate whenever we walk on the outside and the wind is whirling up some dust from the ground. Some beaches have sand made of silicate and no one is scared of inhaling some silicate when going to the beach or climbing up the mountains.
Non toxic dust is only dangerous in great quantities and the dust has to be super fine to reach our lungs. People working all day in dusty surroundings should always protect themselves with masks
and ventilation systems but we don't need a mask on the beach, really.
In fact, dust of wood is far more dangerous than the dust of most minerals (asbestos is very dangerous) because it is organic and can carry bacterias and toxic substances.
I know this from my work!

Small chips of mica is not dust and can't be sucked in to the lungs anyway, the risk of breathing in dust of mica when using vapman is not real and not a risk in any way!

BTW, you don't find any warnings about mica in any insurance policy concerning working regulations. This is the strongest sign of mica not being a risk because insurance companies protect themselves really well against any claims!:nod:

I wish you all a safe day with vapman,

vapman:)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ahhhhh . . . another soothing post from René :myday:

Just what I needed.

And speaking of needing things, I picked up another snazzy new cozy for the little man, the other day. Blue + coral this time. I mean, is one ever enough? :cool:

UwfuH6a.jpg

:lol:

dNpAPJi.jpg

:rockon:

bigLOVE!
(In a little package)

:peace:

Choughed

You are reading my mind, I was going to do a post yesterday about this subject. After opening a new bag of weed, I also realized that I have to heat almost a third longer compared to the stuff I was using before.

Thank you @vapman, you wrote that so concisely, and yes, that's exactly what I meant! It remains green long after the old stuff would have combusted, too. It's very effective, so no complaints from me or my higher half. ;) I hope your new bag is being good to you too! :D

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks for the link, I did a post on that thread.

At the moment I am busy getting the new series of stations ready for the market and have no time for new projects. If I would have the time I'd love to try myself on that huge market of the portable battery powered vapes. I am no fan of batteries (I think batteries are the worst source for heat) but I still have some revolutionary ideas about making a efficient battery vape with a very low power consumption. I see there is still a huge gap in the market, these battery vapes are using far too much power IMO, they all have more or less the same technology and there is still some undiscovered land to be explored, I am sure about that.
I think we are still at the beginning of vaporizing, the good ones will stay and new ones will enter the market.

Let's look at the evolution of motor cars. In the beginning there were all sorts of shapes, forms and motors and these days they all have the same aero dynamics and very similar technologies. Through years long developments it became more and more clear what is good, safe, lasting and useful.
Just my own thoughts, you are welcome to disagree

Preach!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Favorite post from the beginning of the thread...if words could eat themselves!
Hindsight is 20/20 though :rofl:
This is TOO FUNNY!

you guys sure make it difficult for me to not buy this Vapman...
Is the Classic (mica) worth $30 more than the Basic? Or is it not much of a difference.
I like something that retains heat better and allows me to vape multiple times in quick succession. If the Classic does this better than the Basic, and noticeably, then I would want that.
If it's simply to stop from accidentally burning the wood or something along those lines, then hmmmmm. Not sure.

Also, anyone know if @vapman is offering a 420 sale? Randy offers a good deal and has super fast shipping, so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance, look forward to possibly being part of the VapFam.

AJS

P.S., just realized the amount of subjectivity in my post, bear with me.

Nugg

@AJS All the mica does is protect the wood from the flame. Seeing a bit of charred wood near the bowl doesn't bother me. The bowl/oven is separate from the mica and wood and the function is exactly the same between the classic and basic. The classic has a sanded and oiled finish where as the basic is raw wood.

I can get 2 - 3 hits between heat cycles but I usually only do that at low temps when I'm flavour chasing.

Most people fall in love with their vapman and order a second one. So you could get a classic to use with the torch and get a basic when you decide to buy a heating station :D best of both worlds.

@vapman Is it possible to get a basic that has been sanded and oiled? Or does the exposed end grain on a basic not finish well?;

AJS

Calm Consistency
@Nugg
Wonderful response. I truly appreciate your time :)

I guess it sorta reminds me of Lotus cap vs Lotus high temp black cap. Just sorta prevents wood charring if you over roast.

Darn...still such a tough decision.

Anyone have any pictures of a heavily used basic vapman used with a torch?
Do most people have the basic or the classic? I really like the idea of the oiled wood! But the rawness of the basic is also appealing!

vapman

Manufacturer
@AJS

@vapman Is it possible to get a basic that has been sanded and oiled? Or does the exposed end grain on a basic not finish well?;

@Nugg The original idea of the basic was solely to cut costs on the production and to be able to offer a vapman for a lower price. Of course, I could now make basic units which are fine sanded and oiled but this would be completely contrary to what I intended in the first place. May be, one day I will make basic models with a super finish, this is by the way what MOJO is doing for a while already. He actually started pepping up basics in a way they almost look better than the classics. Doing up a basic yourself can be fun and make your vapman even more personal.

MOJO also gave me the idea to make the center bore on basics as big as the bowl in order to make removing the bowl with the attached tubes, possible. This is good news for those thinking of doing up their basic model. In fact, I already have a first series of basic walnut with the larger center bore. I will post a picture when I am back at work next week.

Next week I will also report about the test with the SS washer, it is looking real good, so much I can say already. I am amazed myself how much is possible with such a "simple" device, it keeps going on and on.

As @VegNVape posted: big love in a small package!:)

Vapman

cloudsosmoke

just got pear basic - very nice clouds - burning in the wood - its starting to look like a well used tool that ive had for years rather than couple of weeks

hey @vapman

is it ok if ask a random question..

- assuming you dont mind -

do you know a Swiss guy called Casper ?

reason i ask isnt that i think everyone in Swiss knows each other lol
in London ..in 1990s (..i think) he showed me a prototype homemade vape that was
1"/2.5cm square metal base (0.25"/ 0.5cm thick) - with tiny vaporizing chamber welded on top and tiny little tube to inhale

you put it on stove to heat for minute and then just sucked the little tube ..i think it had a valve

..he was talking about getting the right metal mixture for base

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
@AJSMost people fall in love with their vapman and order a second one. So you could get a classic to use with the torch and get a basic when you decide to buy a heating station :D best of both worlds.

After three moths of intense 7/7 work yesterday I went back to my local headshop to discover that they have finally listened to me and started selling Vapmans, so I had to buy another one.
Older, beaten basic for outdoor and torch duty, new basic for station only.

@NuggDoing up a basic yourself can be fun and make your vapman even more personal.

Yep!
I oiled both my Vapmans with Olive Oil and they look way better than brand new.

@NuggMOJO also gave me the idea to make the center bore on basics as big as the bowl in order to make removing the bowl with the attached tubes, possible. This is good news for those thinking of doing up their basic model. In fact, I already have a first series of basic walnut with the larger center bore. I will post a picture when I am back at work next week.

That's a great idea!

vapman

Manufacturer
just got pear basic - very nice clouds - burning in the wood - its starting to look like a well used tool that ive had for years rather than couple of weeks

hey @vapman

is it ok if ask a random question..

- assuming you dont mind -

do you know a Swiss guy called Casper ?

reason i ask isnt that i think everyone in Swiss knows each other lol
in London ..in 1990s (..i think) he showed me a prototype homemade vape that was
1"/2.5cm square metal base (0.25"/ 0.5cm thick) - with tiny vaporizing chamber welded on top and tiny little tube to inhale

you put it on stove to heat for minute and then just sucked the little tube ..i think it had a valve

..he was talking about getting the right metal mixture for base

@cloudsosmoke I don't know any other person making vaporizers here in Switzerland, I would like to meet Casper and see his prototype as I am always interested of what others do.
Who knows, now that we are talking about him, he might hear the telepathic phone ring and show up next week, it happened before.

vapman

Top Bottom