Vapman

OF

I just wanted to be sure do you make a sandwich with a little cotton or a lot of cotton? I just want to know exactly what I should do because I only have one shot at trying this with concentrates haha.

I strongly advise against cotton. All wrong. This is a conduction vape, it needs solid, direct contact with hot metal to make vapor. Cotton is insulation. All wrong, no time to heat stuff up that's wrapped in a blanket of cotton. Save that for session vapes and convection.

You need something to hold the goods that conducts heat well, not poorly. And one that will take an over temperature exposure without burning....metals or glass? And glass is an insulator again, failing a different test. There's a sound reasoning behind the concentrate screen VM sells (go figure.....), I'd look to mimic that. Pieces of SS screen trimmed to fit in the pan? You should be able to do a fair job with a couple of trials. The load it warm, enough to 'dampen' the mesh but no more. You need Copper to heat the SS (through the Gold plating) to get the goods hot. It takes me longer/more 'preheat' cycles to get concentrates going, cautiously work upward?

Enjoy it, but I suggest you rethink cotton.

OF

DrNick420

I strongly advise against cotton. All wrong. This is a conduction vape, it needs solid, direct contact with hot metal to make vapor. Cotton is insulation. All wrong, no time to heat stuff up that's wrapped in a blanket of cotton. Save that for session vapes and convection.

You need something to hold the goods that conducts heat well, not poorly. And one that will take an over temperature exposure without burning....metals or glass? And glass is an insulator again, failing a different test. There's a sound reasoning behind the concentrate screen VM sells (go figure.....), I'd look to mimic that. Pieces of SS screen trimmed to fit in the pan? You should be able to do a fair job with a couple of trials. The load it warm, enough to 'dampen' the mesh but no more. You need Copper to heat the SS (through the Gold plating) to get the goods hot. It takes me longer/more 'preheat' cycles to get concentrates going, cautiously work upward?

Enjoy it, but I suggest you rethink cotton.

OF

THANK YOU OF!!!!

Something seemed wrong about using cotton to me. I can easily prepare a SS screen.

I have screens left over from my Da Buddha Vape for the wand whip, are those the right kind? Thanks Again!

OF

THANK YOU OF!!!!

Something seemed wrong about using cotton to me. I can easily prepare a SS screen.

I have screens left over from my Da Buddha Vape for the wand whip, are those the right kind? Thanks Again!

Yer welcome, glad to help. It's one of those 'good ideas' that's pretty conditional sometimes. Makes a lot of sense until you back off a bit and check the 'big picture' again.

I don't know DBV, being basically a portable kinda guy, but I suspect it's fine. Heavy enough scissors should cut it (easiest along or across the weave of course, outside curves are often done best as a series of straight cuts first). You can also shape cone shaped tapers by 'rolling' the screen around the tapered end of a wood pencil.

Could be kind of a fun project. If you had a pile of screens, and were in the mood for such stuff......

Enjoy the adventure, sounds like something to look back on later and smile in the making.

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
THANK YOU OF!!!!

I would suggest being slightly cautious when poking holes in screens to use with the vapman. I did it, it worked great...but because I didn't make the hole loose, rather a perfect (slightly small) fit...it was a PITA to get off!

At one point I felt like I might dislodge the pan

KennyPowers

I've had the VM for a couple days now.
I plugged all 3 holes and I'm water filtering the vapor through a bubbler.

Scary right? A couple days in my hands and I'm probably using the vapman more effectively than the lot of you. I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn champion , a cock like a burmese python, and the mind of a fucking scientist.

I just wish this swiss hunk of wood had a bigger bowl.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Dear Kenny

Sorry, but the condition met in your first paragraph: . . . . .
I plugged all 3 holes
. . . . Means that the outcome of which you speak in your second paragraph, is in fact, false:
I'm probably using the vapman more effectively than the lot of you.

But do keep trying! :p

b4e1c07b317df5b2e9206eebcf441821.jpg

VAPMAAAAAAN ! ! !

;)

:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Whats wrong with plugging the three holes?
I did not say that there is anything wrong with it. But stating that you are operating the VM more effectively than anyone else when using it in this manner, is not an opinion that I would share.

There is nothing wrong with plugging those holes, but it certainly is not a requirement, nor do I believe that it was ever intended to be used in this way to achieve the most 'effective' operation.

It's all pretty subjective anyway. All I'm saying is: play around a bit more.

a cock like a burmese python,
Where I come from we call that making a girl "air tight'
Ewwww, ewwwww, and triple ewwwwwwwwww!

Gross dude - this is a vapor forum! :D

Philreal187

:rofl:
I never seen that before @WakeAndVape its funny as hell.

I've only caught the first season of Eastbound and Down, and it's a classic. I think with how PC this country has become something like Kenny Powers reminds us comedy can come in many shapes and styles.
With that said I think @KennyPowers post are awesome bc I read it as if he is in character.
I found that plugging air holes definitely can give you different vapor quality usually thicker and hotter :brow: But in the end a skilled lighter will give you the ultimate experience. This little vape was well thought out and those air holes on mine are now always left open. In my opinion Kenny your still in the minor league come talk in a year :cool:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Philreal187 I have never plugged the holes...might have to try that, but generally I can get it thicker by applying a couple more seconds of flame

Eastbound and down was my shit too.
But as far as sense of humor goes...mine is dark as shit. I have to hold back alot, because people give me the crazy look.

EDIT: :party:this is my 1000th post! And I've been thinking about @KennyPowers alot. Just replace the blades with vapman...you get the picture

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Whats wrong with plugging the three holes?

Nothing wrong but in my experience if you are using the Vapman through a bubbler it doesn't change anything. I used to cover the three holes with a small rubber band but I realized that it is just useless. BTW if you are hitting it dry it makes a significant difference in vapor density and temperature.

mtnclimber

I just received my VM Classic, a wooden mouth piece, 2 lighters and butane from the vaporstore.com, this site worked great for me: fast, fair and unmarked box.
  • As we all know, the VM is small but you don't realize how small it is until you have it in your hand and are just taken away by it. IMO - the wooden mouth piece needs to go with the VM, it just makes the whole "SteamPunk" look that OF talked about - the VM is truly a classic work of art (I really just want to put it on the shelf and stare at it but my kids and wife might start asking a few more questions about my time in the garage) .
  • Second - the jet lighter works fine here at 8,000 feet. I am still a bit hesitant with putting the torch on the VM and thinking I am wrecking the mica or the finish but I'll get over that.
  • First try, heated 2 seconds, wait, heated 2 seconds, wait and then went around 5+ seconds or so then took an inhale, little cloud with great flavor. I have to say - the VM works great first try.
  • My vapor genie will be going back to the minors while the rookie VM will be playing in the big leagues now.
Thanks again everybody for all the help and input. With only 3 sessions so far I can only see my relationship continuing, blossoming and hopefully going the distance with my new VM friend.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Rocked the VM the last two nights in a row right before bed. Heavy hitting flower, as i rarely use any concentrates in the VM anymore.

For some reason, the VM is also one of my favorites on those nights where i come home half in the bag. I smoked cigs for more than 10 years, and still crave them on those heavy handed bottle nights. The VM seems to be the king of killing the bad tobacco cravings when i fill with my favorite flower instead. For some reason it is just super satisfying in this reguard even more then my VC or other vapes. Maybe it is the harshness at the end of the bowl that i really like for full satisfaction. Where when sober and not craving a cig, i often do not push the VM for those last one or two hits.

KennyPowers

Thanks to all my fans, you're the greatest because you're fans of the greatest.

Nothing wrong but in my experience if you are using the Vapman through a bubbler it doesn't change anything. I used to cover the three holes with a small rubber band but I realized that it is just useless. BTW if you are hitting it dry it makes a significant difference in vapor density and temperature.

The air holes dilute the vapor to cool it with air.
I don't need cool air, I plugged those holes because I'm using a water filter to cool the vapor instead.

Ewwww, ewwwww, and triple ewwwwwwwwww!

Gross dude - this is a vapor forum! :D

If you're trying to make me ashamed of my burmese python, I'm afraid you've bit off more than you can chew.

FYI guys I just turn the VM upside down and pull from a bubbler like this one

BU-320-2T-600x600.jpg

fits fine and creates an air seal to pull through. the whole process is handheld.
a little bit to fiddle with, the VM changes hands when i'm lighting to when i'm pulling.

w/o the bubbler I was lighting and pulling without ever adjusting how the VM was being held in my hand. but it was drying out my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gourmet

The air holes dilute the vapor to cool it with air.
It is not only to cool the air. Also the dilute is usefull for efficiency.

Before I also believed, that more it better. But all the thick clouds you breathe out contain a lot unused active substances. Our lungs are unable to assimilate all the cannabinoids in one hit; so, the thicker the clouds you exhale, the bigger the loss, IMHO.

The vapman brings in many ways an other philosophy to vape. A lot of my friends noticed with the use of the VM a lower consumption of material, but a increasing effect.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
If you're trying to make me ashamed of my burmese python, I'm afraid you've bit off more than you can chew.
No, I'm not trying to shame you, and I'm certainly not biting anything off! My intention was merely to let you know that some of your comments could be seen as pretty vulgar to the uninitiated. I mean, we all undoubtedly know that F.C is regrettably and undeniably a majority sausage fest, but surely we can still maintain a certain level of decorum in the hope that some of the non-sausage holders might feel welcome to stick around? - Or perhaps, at least not find themselves surrounded by a lot of what could be deemed by some as distasteful cock and orifice talk?

Now you might think that I'm some out-of-touch-old-fuddy-duddy-Mary-Whitehouse type, but believe it or not, I can still actually remember what it's like to have a bit of fun myself - in fact I used to play at, and pretend to be characters from my favorite films and t.v shows when I was just a young boy too, you know :myday:

Yeah, not that it would fit, but sometimes I still even wish that I had that damn costume . . . . :spidey:

Oh, hello Amazon Prime ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know! :worms:

:dog:

MuchLoveVapfam

OF

No, I'm not trying to shame you, and I'm certainly not biting anything off! My intention was merely to let you know that some of your comments could be seen as pretty vulgar to the uninitiated.

Excellent point. I really value the contributions by the few women in our numbers. I want more of them, for sure needlessly risking offending any we have is not smart toward that end. If the vulgar comments are not directly contributing to the discussions we come here for it seems very reasonable to not?

Respect, some call it?

Is that a toothpick end I see plugging the vent? How many did you plug, and for how long? I went 'round and round' with that early on, ended up with the original configuration (all 3 open). The second time I got in an experimental mood I used tape instead......much easier than prying the stubs out from the inside.

OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@VegNVape much respect! My small daughter has been the source of plenty of revelations when it comes to 'ingrained American shauvinisim' While I still think certain things are funny as shit...
Intent vs impact is real :2c:

I was thinking about what vape to take to a
friend's for a late night visit, this thread always reassures my decision.

KennyPowers

@VegNVape much respect! My small daughter has been the source of plenty of revelations when it comes to 'ingrained American shauvinisim' While I still think certain things are funny as shit...
Intent vs impact is real :2c:

Why are you all coming down on me?
I love women. Every fucking one of them, even the ugly as shit ones.

It is not only to cool the air. Also the dilute is usefull for efficiency.

Before I also believed, that more it better. But all the thick clouds you breathe out contain a lot unused active substances. Our lungs are unable to assimilate all the cannabinoids in one hit; so, the thicker the clouds you exhale, the bigger the loss, IMHO.

The vapman brings in many ways an other philosophy to vape. A lot of my friends noticed with the use of the VM a lower consumption of material, but a increasing effect.

If your argument that your way is more effective because it has smaller hits, I don't have anywhere to go from there really. There is a carb on the bubbler so I can control air intake manually wheres you are more like driving an automatic

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Respect, some call it?
:nod: :tup:

Is that a toothpick end I see plugging the vent?
Oh damn, I'm busted! ;)
Yep, you've got it - toothpicks it is. You may have even suggested them to me a while back. And indeed, getting them out can be interesting.

I tried all combinations, three holes blocked, two holes blocked - even varying which two particular holes were blocked at times. But it never lasts long with me as I alway seem to return to the original configuration, preferring all three holes to remain fully open.

And that photograph is actually from a while back, because I have for quite some time now exclusively been operating my VM with all three holes completely free flowing.

@WakeAndVape - exactly bro. And I don't generally think it is intended as malice. But we just need to be aware of how things can be interpreted.

Btw, it sounds to me like you've made the right decision :tup:

Vapman 4 the WIN!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Why are you all coming down on me?
I love women. Every fucking one of them, even the ugly as shit ones.
Not coming down on you at all. I just understand what VnV was saying.

I do find offensive jokes funny as shit, that being said...sometimes I have to remind myself that they are offensive jokes and are meant to be taken as such...even though I get pleasure from them.

Your still the man kenny fucking powers.

OF

I tried all combinations, three holes blocked, two holes blocked - even varying which two particular holes were blocked at times. But it never lasts long with me as I alway seem to return to the original configuration, preferring all three holes to remain fully open.

Thanks for the extra information. With you all the way. It's a seductive thing to play with, easy enough to convince yourself it's a good idea, only to go back.

Like I said, next time the urge strikes, try tape it's easier to back out.

OF

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Yeah, (when compared to blocking the holes) I think that leaving the holes open thus producing a less restrictive draw flow provides a better experience overall - especially when considering that it does not even (appear to) negatively effect the level of vapor density that is achievable.

But after all of that, it's just like you said @OF . . . . :science: now, where is my insulation tape . . . ?

It's fun to play!

Top Bottom