Discontinued Vapir NO2

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think there is likely no damage
one load will give a dozen "pulls" or even more.
It does medicate!

Vitolo,

bayneite

Greetings, i am away from home for a few days and you wouldn't believe it... after recently buying a Wispr, a Life Sabre and a Hi, i didn't bring any of them!

So, I find myself in an unfamiliar town with no vape... Oh My! I hit the pavements and a few hours later I was to be seen purchasing a Vapir #2. Overpriced where I purchased it but I was overjoyed at finding a vape in a smaller town so I rode that one out.

Headed back to the motel and unpacked my Vapir and there was no vape in the box *sigh* After a bit of buggerising about and the sharp edge of my tongue aimed at the retailer I eventually had a heated ready to go vape in my possession.

All I can really say about the vapir #2 is it delivers what you want in a convenient and I think economical way. I'm feeling pretty fine right now so it works as it should. All the vapes I have deliver in a similiar fashion. Let's face it... nowadays, in the vape world, if your goods don't deliver you're pretty rapidly shown the figurative exit door.

Peace

bayneite

Hello friends, I thought after a few days with the vapir #2 I'd follow up with my experience.

As described in my previous post I found myself not at home without a vapouriser. Fortunately, i came across a shop provocatively called "off ya tree" in Bendigo who sold vapes. I was familiar with the brand name and the #2 by all accounts does the job so I bought it!

I was very mindful of a comment I'd read somewhere that stuck in my mind, that it was like "sucking on a big black dick" however, never having experienced that scenario I went ahead and fired it up anyway.

I have the male of the species aversion to reading the instructions but I got it all together and steaming pretty quickly despite the handicap of going in blind and ignorant. The # 2 is very easy to use and is pretty much discombobulation free ;-)

Packing the herb is pretty straightforward as is twisting the top on to seal it in. Once again attaching any bits you want to attach is relatively easy to work out. The #2's moulded shape is easy to hold and fits the contours of the palm comfortably. The easy to read illuminated dial makes it easier for poorly eye sighted folk to read or when in a darkened roomed. To date the #2 has never been hotter than comfortably warm while i've been left comfortably numb.

I find 190 celsius on the dial adequate for my needs and I am provided with a comfortable effective inhalation at that temperature. I was fortunate not to have the experience of plastic taste infusions marring the taste. The vapour was untainted first up! However, I am not a great fan of the extensive plastic body used in the #2 and would prefer a more sturdy metal incarnation. On the other side the plastic keeps the whole thing reasonably light. So as usual it comes down to whatever your preference will be your decider. I really enjoy using this vape and will use it regularly. I never, at any stage felt like I was fellating the #2! :whoa: The scat joke is unintended!

Purchasing the #2 was quite an unintended event, but I can assert with confidence that the # 2 is a very good vape that is already a well used and popular member of my fleet of steamships.

My take; Seven out of ten with and extra half point deducted for all that plastic... 6.5.

Peace my brothers.

bayneite,
Reactions: Vitolo

poonman

I really dont get why the n02 doesnt get more love, its such an awesome vape!
Anyways, question: My n02 has gotten a lot of use and the oil is building up in the tube, what is your guys method to harvest this? Do you think Iso shake and let evaporate or scrape off would be better (in terms of both ease and potency?)

Agreed Foster ,
Been away for about 6 months , and I see the NO2 is moved to the 2nd forum page behind those
vapes ?
Nothing doing .
This has been my daily driver for the past 10 months now and still going strong .
And yes , their customer service is ace-1 .
I had to get a replacement battery charger also because of the wires fraying .
Not a problem , had it mailed up here to Toronto in 5 days , free of charge .

Thanx to Mr. Vito for the recommendation in the first place .
And I see , he is still helping out everyone ( That has not changed )
And Thank you Vito ,
for those promos/discounts you send out .
Greatly appreciated .

Happy Vaping All

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
IMG_20120530_171029.jpg

IMG_20120530_171036.jpg

Its like they were made for each other!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
An update on the Incredibowl mash-up, its totally f*cking nuts! I got everyone here into it - much fun and the hits are insane! Even ran it with a vapor tamer in the mix - works like a champ!

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have an Incredibowl. I have an NO2. How do I connect them?

I used a piece of whip from my DBV. It fits perfectly into the tip of the Incredibowl without any mods. That same tubing makes a perfect seal over the tubing from the No2. Be ready for that hit - its a doozy!

mvapes,
Reactions: poonman

Norlin

Classic Rocker
I guess I should show mine, it's not nearly as cool though.

012cci.jpg

It's just a 1 3/8 id polycarbonate tube that fits over the top, airtight. It cools hits really well, I take thick lungfulls without any problem. It also has the added bonus of allowing me to twist the top off with it, although then the top gets covered in guck.

Norlin,
Reactions: poonman

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vapir Oxygen Mini (in the NO2 thread!)
I am VERY sorry to have to post this short review and video here in the NO2 area...
I had no choice as EVERY thread on this vaporizer has been closed for further reply for some reason!
Perhaps the moderators could move this post to a Vapir Oxygen Mini thread
I just was given the gift of a Vapir Oxygen Mini.
I think the Mini was given a bad rap because of it's size.
Due to it's small size it is assumed to be a portable, but it is not.
It gets used plugged in, and after using it for 24 hours and a dozen or more sessions, I decided I like this little guy.
It is inexpensive, and lightweight.
There was no unusual odors or flavors.
It has no added parts, it is self contatined.
If you are going to be tied to an outlet anyway, this is a convenient small vape to place near an outlet anyplce, and hang it up by it's convenient hanger.
Bathroom, garage, hallway, next to bed, or in the attic.. this little guy does what it is supposed to.
I am not claiming that I will be giving up any vapes for this one any time soon, but nor will I be giving away my "Mini"!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vapir Oxygen Mini (in the NO2 thread!)
I am VERY sorry to have to post this short review and video here in the NO2 area...
I had no choice as EVERY thread on this vaporizer has been closed for further reply for some reason!
Perhaps the moderators could move this post to a Vapir Oxygen Mini thread
I just was given the gift of a Vapir Oxygen Mini.
I think the Mini was given a bad rap because of it's size.
Due to it's small size it is assumed to be a portable, but it is not.
It gets used plugged in, and after using it for 24 hours and a dozen or more sessions, I decided I like this little guy.
It is inexpensive, and lightweight.
There was no unusual odors or flavors.
It has no added parts, it is self contatined.
If you are going to be tied to an outlet anyway, this is a convenient small vape to place near an outlet anyplce, and hang it up by it's convenient hanger.
Bathroom, garage, hallway, next to bed, or in the attic.. this little guy does what it is supposed to.
I am not claiming that I will be giving up any vapes for this one any time soon, but nor will I be giving away my "Mini"!

I actually have a mini too although mine is different than yours. Mine is powered/charged by a phone cord - to be exact its actually a normal plug on one side but it actually looks like a phone wire that connects to the bottom of my mini. I used to really enjoy this piece - I also have the car adapter for it and you are correct sir in saying its light and easily ported around. It was eventually replaced by the No2 which IMO is much better but a fun, discreet, and well vaping device it is. Nice review Vito.

mvapes,
Reactions: Vitolo

Just the back cover off
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heater assembly ( heater core and cover ) this one you can see the ( rubber ) melted to the top of the brass , I'll add a close up of this .

See it melted on real nice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heater core , pulled out of Stainless cover . The white is pipe tape that I used ( no it didnt work , too hot and melted ) .

*****Note the ( rubber ) ring , that is the part that melted , it sits between the heater assembly and the plastic top , its just under the funnel looking part ( from top view ) .

The very white stuff is the pipe tape **didnt work** but under that you can see the original insolation it looks more clear the only place you can see it is at the very edge's .

The electric guts . Them white wires may be getting hot also , they carry the juice to the heater * could * be helping to make the hot electronics smell . Ill do some cover off testing to have a look see .

The heater core .When I first opened it up that clear inso was flaking off , its almost like micro thin layers of glassy something , I dont think its fiberglass because it look to be in strips like if you was to wrap tape around a pipe. This is closer to out of the box state , it had another layer of the clear inso stuff over the wire layer ( the layer that was falling off ) and then a tape type of clear orange stuff over everything to keep it in place .

A mess .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I took my Vapir No2 apart as well and enlarged the holes at the bottom of the brass bowl and then drilled out four new holes in the silver metal bowl (that houses the brass bowl) so that there was improved airflow. I then enlarged the hole in the top housing where the large rubber tube connects, you know the black plastic top, and this baby hits like a champ. I did this because over time my lungs got soar from having to suck really hard (well much harder than on a cigarette) to take an inhale.

Also, my o-ring broke on the top plastic housing and I first replaced it with a rubber o-ring from The Home Depot. But I got afraid that I was inhaling random fillers and that the temps couldn't go too high (above 275 F) for that o-ring as it was specified for kitchen sinks... So I contacted one of my o-ring manufacturers (I work for an Aerospace distributor) and the sales-engineer told me not to use that o-ring as it has terrible fillers and it wasn't safe for the temps to exceed 275 F, so he recommended I purchase FDA approved silicon o-rings, part number AS-019, as the silicon can tolerate up to 400 F!!! and the FDA approval allows for inhalation and contact with skin (though your skin doesn't directly contact this part). So, success! My Vapir No2 is now hitting like a champ and I am confident that it is 100% safe!!
IMG_0431.jpg

poonman

Hey I took my Vapir No2 apart as well and enlarged the holes at the bottom of the brass bowl and then drilled out four new holes in the silver metal bowl (that houses the brass bowl) so that there was improved airflow. I then enlarged the hole in the top housing where the large rubber tube connects, you know the black plastic top, and this baby hits like a champ. I did this because over time my lungs got soar from having to suck really hard (well much harder than on a cigarette) to take an inhale.

Also, my o-ring broke on the top plastic housing and I first replaced it with a rubber o-ring from The Home Depot. But I got afraid that I was inhaling random fillers and that the temps couldn't go too high (above 275 F) for that o-ring as it was specified for kitchen sinks... So I contacted one of my o-ring manufacturers (I work for an Aerospace distributor) and the sales-engineer told me not to use that o-ring as it has terrible fillers and it wasn't safe for the temps to exceed 275 F, so he recommended I purchase FDA approved silicon o-rings, part number AS-019, as the silicon can tolerate up to 400 F!!! and the FDA approval allows for inhalation and contact with skin (though your skin doesn't directly contact this part). So, success! My Vapir No2 is now hitting like a champ and I am confident that it is 100% safe!!
IMG_0431.jpg

That was a very detailed and informed first post dude ,
Welcome to FC , ChrisTSV .
We can always use the help of a guy like yourself .

Happy Vaping

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

IMG_0431.jpg
Wow - nice work. Welcome to FC.

mvapes,
Top Bottom