Discontinued Vapir NO2

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
The battery has integrated circuitry. I have spoken with Vapir's CEO about this on a couple of occasions.
I learned that if you remove the battery from the unit, and reinstall it twice(closing battery door fully each time to be sure contact was secure) this will reset the battery circuit. I had a battery that began to function in a limited way, but following the double battery reinstall, it was fixed. I never had to duplicate this procedure.
Another reason I will now refer to you Vito,,,,as 'the Boss'. Thank you and have a great Sunday.

Jeppy,
Reactions: Vitolo

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I tried resetting the circuit. No go. I'm really getting the feeling,,it's about the battery even though it shows that it is holding a charge. Damn, this is a drag.

Jeppy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Do you know how to test a battery?
I have a "multi meter".. but am not sure how to use it well.
There is a way to check batteries, though.
I own a spare NO2 Battery that I bought this year.
The Battery costs $39... I bought it during the sale that Vapir was having.
I paid 29.95 for the battery.. and I will make you an offer that would allow me to support "Abysmal Vapor" in his time of trouble... (Abysmal's Cry For help)
I will write to you with my information privately.
I will let you have my battery for 1/2 of what I paid... $15
I will ship battery to you, and after paying the postage(a couple of dollars), I will send ALL of the remaining money to Abysmal to help him in his dark time~

MalthusBatsLast

Hi everyone,

I am acquiring/ trading for an NO2 from a friend, and had a few questions. I am gonna spend some time reading back through this thread, very informative (thanks to many), but had a few quick questions:

My friend has had the unit for ~6 months, and has been using it without a bottom screen for a while (he says he has used it pretty lightly over that time). The unit definitely still works, I have tried it several times, but I'm assuming continuing to use it with no bottom screen will shorten the units lifespan. Is there anything I should do to clean it? It looks in okay shape, but in the chamber there are a few small brown marks (next to the 4 holes).

Is there a suggested place to order more screens? My friend says he ran through the screens provided very quickly, and didn't reorder more and the shop he bought the unit from didn't have any. The top screen is still in, I am going to clean with with alcohol when I get it. Any advice on how to make the screens last longer? He said the fact that the bottom screen got dirty quickly was his only complaint with the unit.

The unit seems in pretty good shape, it heats quickly, and I have zero complaints of its efficacy when I've tried it. Should I avoid using it at all under I can get more bottom screens, is this going to break the unit? Thanks so much, in addition to this I have already learned a lot from reading part of the thread.

MalthusBatsLast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The bottom screen should never be dirty, as air flows from beyond it, and through it toward top screen.
I get my screens from PuffItUp
If you want a couple of spare screens sent just PM me with a postal mailing address.
You can place your mouth over the wide open top of this unit, and suck hard to clear debris prior to inserting new bottom screen. You can use a vacuum if you want.
In future leave the bottom screen in.
As for the top screen....

touch to view

Vitolo,

MarcusXL

Thought I'd give the NO2 a positive bump. I've used and loved my NO2 for almost a year; the only fault is the battery life, and after some heavy use the cord began to fray. Otherwise, the best tasting vape I've tried, and it is the only one (including my Volcano Digi) that can green me out.

MarcusXL,

DeepWater

I thought I'd ask the pro's here. My No2 is just over a week old. I've used it every night so far.
it's been great up until this point.
I set my temp to 360 now and with the chamber empty, at temp, it smokes. or at least i can see vapor or smoke coming out of the chamber. at first I thought it was some residue, so i cleaned it all up. But even after cleaning, it is still smoking. it doesn't smell like plastic, but when i take a good whiff, it burns my nose.
also, I've started coughing a bit and chest is tight after use.Plus the herb doesn't taste as good after the first few hits.

what could be burning in there?
I don't see any smoke below 320. but once i set the temp higher, I do.

My intention is not to bash vapir or the unit. in fact I like it very much, and want it to work like it did last week.

DeepWater,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Remove the bottom screen, and rinse it with 91% iso.... then run very hot water over it... dry it completely and place it back inside.
I know you are no stranger to this, by your 1st post... the one before this post.. where you said:

Pretty cool. and the hash doesn't drip down or clog the top screen? I would think you could keep the bottom screen in and just add the second one like you did.
It sounds like some oil/residue from something has touched your lower screen. This can be something transferred from a tool or fingertips.
Give the rinse a try.
If you need a new screen, PM me with your postal address.

Vitolo,

DeepWater

Remove the bottom screen, and rinse it with 91% iso.... then run very hot water over it... dry it completely and place it back inside.
I know you are no stranger to this, by your 1st post... the one before this post.. where you said:

It sounds like some oil/residue from something has touched your lower screen. This can be something transferred from a tool or fingertips.
Give the rinse a try.
If you need a new screen, PM me with your postal address.

Thanks for the offer on the screen. I have a bunch of replacements. and that was my first thought also.
But i removed the screen and would still get vapor/smoke. So I left the unit on with nothing in it and turned up the heat. when I checked it again after the 20 min. time out. I fired it up and no smoke.
Hummm.

So i replace the screen while still hot, and no smoke.
I only get smoking after a session. so I'm wondering if my buds are too sticky and leaving some thc behind that is getting on the brass heating chamber.
because it seems burning it off works.

on a side note, how dry should the buds be? Mine aren't wet but covered in crystals.

DeepWater,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Since you resolved the issue previously, I am going to say yes.
It would seem you are using a very fine grind, or some very well dried herb.
As long as the unit gets you there you are OK!

Vitolo,

Foster

I really dont get why the n02 doesnt get more love, its such an awesome vape!
Anyways, question: My n02 has gotten a lot of use and the oil is building up in the tube, what is your guys method to harvest this? Do you think Iso shake and let evaporate or scrape off would be better (in terms of both ease and potency?)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am having trouble finding my "oil harvest" comments on the NO2... so I will refer you to a post I made on my blog: NO2 Oil HarvestThe Iso would be easy, but you are dealing with a pretty slender tube!

Vitolo,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I am not only happy with my NO2,,,,but as it turns out I now love Vapirs customer service. Wow! Impeccable! My NO2 started acting erratic on heatup. I made a phone call and filled out an online ticket, and sent in my unit. My unit arrived today, and I have already recieved notice that a refurbished unit will be sent out in 24-48hrs. Now that's service! :tup:

Jeppy,

Kuzmich

Hello people! I bought NO2 again. Last time from UK head shop but this time from Randy.
But the device has the smell as the first time. At first I put tube and cap separately in warm water, then NO2 into the oven and cooked @ 150 C for 10 minutes then cooled, plugged battery and charged it full. The smell still noticeable, light but its plastic vaporiser and not ABS are less quality. If that smell "cooked in" is that means that there is a chance I inhale plastic?
Its really hot to inhale directly. will 30cm inline bong(no carb) work good for that? or should I buy less sized device?
any other suggestions how to cool vape without loose it due to condensate?

Kuzmich,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Read back to see what has been said and done about this exact discussion.
The unit was not meant to be heated from the outside , and this could definitely cause ,more of a smell.
You are not inhaling plastic when using the unit as directed
You can cool vapor by getting a longer tubing.
If you use water you will lose a bit just as you would to consnsation.
To avoid condensation in tube, remove tube after session and inhale clean air through it.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Jeppy

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I'm overjoyed to report Vapir has sent my 'new' NO2 and it will be here tomorrow. Overfricken-nite delivery baby. Wow. Wow. All I can say is WOW. This company delivers and stands by it's customers. We're talking, mailing in a product on a monday and having a new one on Friday. Now,,,unless this thing stinks and I end up having to throw it in the oven on hi for 10 or 15 minutes,,,,,,,I'm happier than a pig playin in the mud.:)

Jeppy,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Well, I just got done wallerin in the mud! ;) NO2 back in the fold... Arrived about noon today. Plastic smell and taste is on it's way out. All I can say to people experiencing this is: KEEP VAPING. IT DISSAPPEARS. I naturally clean everything initially with some Isopropyl alcohol. The airflow on this unit seems a little more restricted,,,a little more controlled,,in a good way. Did I mention how impressed I am with Vapir? :clap:

Jeppy,

DeepWater

It's really not a plastic smell. more like flux or whatever they use to make the connections. And I wouldn't worry about that. the smell goes away after a dozens bowls. I bought one 2 weeks ago and love it. since then, 5 of my friends have bought them. All from Puffitup.com. Coupon codes for discounts as well. just awesome.
I recently had an issue with mine smoking after use. I emailed vapir and they got back to me right away.
Turns out, I've been using some real sticky stuff and it built up a bit of resin on the chamber walls. And they compared it to heating up a pan, real hot. it smokes. same principle. It really is a great vap. I've used a Hot box, and vapor blunt and I have to say the NO2 wins hands down, in taste and performance. I think they could get the unit a little hotter, but that just means you can use your AVB's with even more potency.

DeepWater,

MalthusBatsLast

Thanks Vittolo for the offer of a free screen, but no need as the pack I ordered from the site you suggested just arrived. (and for the other posts in this thread, i spent an hour reading through and learned a lot)

The secondhant unit I have definitely still works, just wondering though, how can I tell if it being used without a bottom screen has done any damage? (And what might be done if so?)

How many "good tasting" pulls can one expect? Obviously I will figure this out on my own through trial and error, how many rips can one expect to get out of a 75% full chamber? When a tiny bit of smoke starts to appear when I exhale, does this mean the load is done, still going, ? It's a little annoying not to be able to tell when a load is done with a vape compared to other smoking, but I am a vape convert now.

I am definitely enjoying the unit, took it to the park the other day. Lots of fun demoing it for friends, who took 5 pulls, decided they didn't think it was working, then 15-20 minutes later, it crept up on them...

MalthusBatsLast,
Top Bottom