Discontinued Vapir NO2

al bundy

Vaporist
right below or to the top of the brass bowl.

i dont use the scoop so i have a habit of leaving the screen off the bottom so i use a little less herbs.

al bundy,

Vitolo

Vaporist

alright thanks for the help i seem to be getting much more out of a session now. should i be filling to the brass ring or the actual top of the bowl?

DSC01903.jpg

This thread could use a bump, so I'll just rant a bit about my new toy. I picked up a barely used NO2 from a great forum member and well, dog will hunt although not fantastically. It is a vast improvement over the Vapir 1 clone Voodoo that I had years ago. That thing leaked vapor, gave off (more) unusual odors, and eventually died and had to be replaced after only a few years' use. The No2 feels and looks like a higher quality unit, although not by any huge margin.

Having read a little in the past about stinky NO2s, and knowing this unit was near virgin, I plugged it in and let it run for about 3 hours at maximum temp. Near the beginning I took a quick draw to see if I could taste anything, and indeed there was an oddly sweet plasticky vibe which seems mostly diminished by the end of the burn in period.

Keeping in mind that a new NO2 is under 90$ delivered on Ebay, it is not a terrible proposition. It has almost no learning curve, and I think it handily outperforms the Iolite and Wispr in terms of vapor production, although not the MFLB and sure as shit not the Solo. Its bulk is an obvious drawback, as you won't be carrying it in any pockets except maybe a coat's. The battery life is acceptable in a sense, but when you consider that a Solo charge doesn't get me through a typical day, and the Solo battery lasts about 2x the time while putting out more vapor on less herb at a potentially higher temperature, it's not enough. Vapor density is good for a portable when you get a good size pack in, but the claimed 400F is simply not hot enough to get at thorough, speedy extraction in my experience so far. My ABV clearly has goodies left and I will have to reload them in the VHW. You can get darker ABV but it requires leaving it in the chamber at 400F for quite a long time, so I couldn't actually achieve that dense, well extracted, CBD-rich vapor in a expedient fashion like I can with the Solo, MFLB and Evolution.

So basically, I think that if you want to spend just a little more, the made in Canada Arizer Solo really outshines it. There are obvious concerns about breakable glass stems, higher cost, lack of easy battery access and the like, but the Solo seems more efficient while putting out better vapor in a shorter period of time, which is important to me. It has a much higher temperature ceiling and is fantastic with concentrates - Deltanine's amazing and fun videos show the NO2 milking some bubble so I guess it's quite possible with the NO2 as well. I'm going to have an open mind and keep experimenting with this vape, as I know some people such as Vito really love it.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: Vitolo

poonman

Hey charliedontsurf ,
I agree with you about the Solo and mflb .
But my experience with the 400 F setting ,does get hot enough to cook the herb thoroughly and darken.
Even sometimes harsh to the throat because of the high temp .
I'm just wondering if...the reason the NO2 was sold was because of a faulty battery/charge ?

I've also shook it and waved it back and forth like a mini baton to help stir the herbs inside in
between hits . And I've bounced it on my lap and car seat to help stir-up the herbs in between hits .
And yes the ABV , is always very dark at 400 F setting .

Plus I finally had to order a new battery after 13 months of straight daily usage .
So , I'm intrigued why you can't seem to get the ABV dark and that you can even re-vaped the ABV
after the 400 F setting .

poonman,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
charliedontsurf,
384 F. Is the highest temp ill vape at, even at 377-384 ill whip out my bubbler and put the mouthpiece in the bowl part to get some coolness added to the vapor. I would let the no2 stand upright and use the medical tubing to put into the bowl but i unfortunately lost that piece.

along with al bundy I love to fill my no2 to the rim of the brass chamber and give it a good light pack but not too much, gotta keep the air flowin in between baby!

VapoRoor,

Kuzmich

Hello vaporists! How is possible to vape hash oil / wax / honey oil in NO2?
In the past I tried a piece of cotton. the oil burned inside and vaped not that good as I expected. What about to use something like liquid pad from 'cano (like metal dish wash tool)?

Kuzmich,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would sure not try a metal pad like for the volcano.. it seems like it could leak the wax out immediately. Oil(if pure BHO wax, or any full melt hash) can not "burn inside". It does not burn. the cotton must be 100% natural, and not just from any cosmetic cotton balls (which now have synthetics in them). A q-tip is where I get the pieces of cotton, inside of which I wrap a drop of BHO/wax/putty/honey oil, prior to my centering this in my NO2 chamber for vaping.
I wish you great success with this!

Hey guys, thanks for your opinions. The unit was barely used and has a good battery, and a session with the battery removed while hooked to the power outlet shows that everything is heating normally. I think I'm just not kooky about this vape, and to compare it to its contemporaries, would prefer a MFLB, Solo, or TV1/Evo over it generally speaking. It still trumps an Iolite, Wispr, or Inhalater V1 to me. Vapor density is indeed fine (new batch revealed that) but doesn't impress like the Solo, and long drags are often necessary. Going from the No2 to the m107 Solo with the glass stems I've modified for more airflow is like night and day - I'd pick the Solo 100% of the time.

Those thinking about a 40$ replacement battery might want to just think about buying a new ~85$ unit off of ebay. You could give your old unit away to a friend who could use it as a plug-in vaporizer, and for a first vape, it wouldn't be a bad one.

Vito, I think a volcano liquid pad would work fine. You just need to make sure that the "plug" or "ball" of wire that you make out of the pad is dense enough, so that the oil gets caught up in the mess of wires, sticks and vaporizes like good wax should. I've never knowingly had a case of leaking wax using the volcano liquid pads, be that when they're in one whole piece in use with the Volcano itself, or when cut into smallter pads for use with any number of vaporizers. :2c:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've always enjoyed my n02. The battery has been going on mine for quite a while so I've limited its use by making the unit my travel vape. I have to agree with Charlie and if I decided to replace the battery I would end up dumping the extra few bucks and just getting a new unit. I will say this though, as far as vapor density (not flavor) the n02 never disappoints. It will never in my opinion be able to shine the solos shoes as far as flavor. You just can't compete with the glass air path. Recently I got my hands on a davinci, I have to admit that comparatively it seems very similar to the no2. Nice big hits, almost identical taste, same heat up time, but much more portable. For the price though, especially if you take the time to shop around, the n02 makes a great intro vape for a new vaporist.

five0five

Hello up my fellow vaporists....Yesterday i picked up an N02 from a buddy at a price i could not refuse. My buddy had this thing for i wanna say 2 maybe 3 weeks, did not know much about it (he did not wanna research the NO2) decided he did not like it and sold it to me for the great price of $63.00. I thought that was a pretty good deal and i picked it up. I have read a little of this thread and learned valuable info thanks everyone. Dont really have enough time to read the whole thread , i have three daughters 18, 13, & 04. Not very much time for me..LOL..... I still have plenty of questions like is there supposed to be a screen on the top of NO2? There is one (screen) in the chamber you put your material in but none on the top...How do you change screen?? What is a good temp?(i set it at 379 and works pretty well) is that temp ok?. Are you supposed to stir or mix anytime during a session? Any tricks or donts i should know about?

five0five,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
good deal!

Yes a screen goes into the top part. It is exactly like the one in the bowl.

379f is a good temp, mine is on 383f. I used to do a variable temp but a fixed temp works better for me.

enjoy!

meduser#420,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hello up my fellow vaporists....Yesterday i picked up an N02 from a buddy at a price i could not refuse. My buddy had this thing for i wanna say 2 maybe 3 weeks, did not know much about it (he did not wanna research the NO2) decided he did not like it and sold it to me for the great price of $63.00. I thought that was a pretty good deal and i picked it up. I have read a little of this thread and learned valuable info thanks everyone. Dont really have enough time to read the whole thread , i have three daughters 18, 13, & 04. Not very much time for me..LOL..... I still have plenty of questions like is there supposed to be a screen on the top of NO2? There is one (screen) in the chamber you put your material in but none on the top...How do you change screen?? What is a good temp?(i set it at 379 and works pretty well) is that temp ok?. Are you supposed to stir or mix anytime during a session? Any tricks or donts i should know about?

When you remove the cap of your NO2 there should be a plastic piece that looks like an upside down top hat - in the middle of this piece there should be a screen. I will take some pictures tonight and walk you through whatever help you need. You got yourself a great starter vape with very little learning curve for a good price. Welcome to vaporization.

mvapes,

five0five

good deal!

Yes a screen goes into the top part. It is exactly like the one in the bowl.

379f is a good temp, mine is on 383f. I used to do a variable temp but a fixed temp works better for me.

enjoy!
thx 420............. i have had this vape for about 2 days now and it works pretty dam good and got a good battery cause it last quite a bit of sessions. been playing around with temp and 377, 378, 379f all seem to work best for me. This is my 3rd vape now (mflb,cheap vp hot box style, and now no2) and i think it works pretty good only thing is one full chamber of dried ground medication only gets me 8-10 good hits and 2-4 little hits before its gone. is that the normal? Shoot after those 8-12 hits i am feeling pretty good...lol..... I think it works,tastes, and produces nice vapors and ppl say the SOLO is way better so i cant wait to pick me up one of those bad boys. Just couldn't beat the 63.00 deal for this no2.. I found a shop here in town that has 2 silver solo m107's for 150ea. and he claims he is a authorized Arizer dealer so i am gonna save up a few more bucks and purchase one....
Anyway if there is anything you guys & gals can tell me about this vapir no2 to get the best life span and best quility hits please let me know or point me in the right direction. thx agin everyone this thread on the no2 is awesome.

five0five,

five0five

When you remove the cap of your NO2 there should be a plastic piece that looks like an upside down top hat - in the middle of this piece there should be a screen. I will take some pictures tonight and walk you through whatever help you need. You got yourself a great starter vape with very little learning curve for a good price. Welcome to vaporization.
thx mvapes....Can you use the same screens that you put in regular pipe or do they have to be the top hat looking no2 screens??? if they have to be the no2 screens can you tell me where can i get some asap cause i had only one more in the box and i just used it for the top. ONE more thing is there any replacement parts i should invest in??? Thx again

five0five,

five0five

cool thx mvapes ordring now.. you have any vids with the Incredibowl M420. saw your earlier post with pic of your no2 connected to a Incredibowl M420 and dam thats looks like it works awesome. any vids? Where can i get on of those incredibowl m420's? wanted to say thx again i got screens, tubes, and tips for 23 bucks shipped. 20 screens, 10 tips and 3 tubes all for 23 bucks shipped..LOL ... DAM!!!! that was cheap... mvapes you are a very heplful & thx for the link.

five0five,
Reactions: mvapes

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Thinkin about cleanin my No2 chamber with rubbing alcohol for the first time. many people seem to have done it before but no instructions on what to do exactly. Deeply sorry if this has been answered.
How/What do i need, to clean my No2 brass chamber?

VapoRoor,

five0five

thx vitolo i will definately will keep it clean. how often do i change the top and bottom screens?
i ordered some today so i will have plenty of screens..

five0five,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Yeah thanks Vitolo, my No2 is lookin much better. Now that I've ISO cleaned my brass chamber how long do I wait to vape?
Got my screens cleaned and my mouthpiece freshened up, they're drying as I write, whats the next step for the brass chamber for superior vaping out of a CLEAN device?

VapoRoor,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have never changed my screen... just kept it clean.
Blow an air spray in there in the chamber for a few seconds, and you are good to go. On the top piece make sure it is good ad dry.
I have a bunch of screens but have not destroyed the original yet.
Use a wooden dowel to place and shape screen if you must replace~

five0five

i have been hitting on this NO2 for three days now and i give it a thumbs up. Granted i only have 2 other vapes and i definately like it. I put a SOLO on layaway today at the local shop and i cant wait. Thx for all the help my fellow vaporists.. Still have questions so MVAPES,VITOLO please hit me up via post, email or text me.. thx again....

al bundy

Vaporist
Hey,charliedontsurf
Could be a cool running No2
I bought 7 from ebay at once and one of them was sent back to Vapir for running to cool, they replaced it and all is well.
I get dark abv if i let it sit it will turn black.
Ive actually combusted with it(weird issue with the temp setting a few times),it its 2 years old and i bought it used too.

As for the top screen I have 2,
I have one clean and ready to go to replace the dirty one. OR just soak it for 10 minutes and it will clean right up.
I use Vapir screens on the top because they're the finest screen i could find and it keeps the herbs from the mouth.
AND I sometimes soak the whole top (minus the o ring) and that will really get the gunk off.

I clean the bottom screen too but sometimes I just replace it,(I like to mix hash and herb in the No2 works GREAT) with SS screen from the head shop.
I use the finest screen I could for the bottom.I don't grind fine like the LB,no need,so they work fine.

It is a really great vape if you get a good one.
If you do go off of ebay ask the seller about warranty. The one I used gave me a receipt for full price and Vapir accepted it.

poonman

i have been hitting on this NO2 for three days now and i give it a thumbs up. Granted i only have 2 other vapes and i definately like it. I put a SOLO on layaway today at the local shop and i cant wait. Thx for all the help my fellow vaporists.. Still have questions so MVAPES,VITOLO please hit me up via post, email or text me.. thx again....

Hey welcome fiveOfive ,
All I have to add is enjoy your time with the NO2 .
There is no rush for you to get the Solo ,
I used the NO2 24/7 for a straight year before I bought the Solo .
repeat
Take good care of it and it will take good care of you . ( Clean it regularly )

btw , what are the other 2 vapes you own/started with ?

Top Bottom