Discontinued Vapir NO2

ceasadh

Vitolo said:
I have done a similar "tactic' with my NO2. After filling the chamber, I have placed a pair of very tiny "twiglets" (stems) criss crossed in my chamber, to block the powdered herb from collecting on the top screen... and restricting flow.
This is the importance of repeating this procedure after EVERY chamber full Clean Top Screen After Every Load!
The criss cross stems do help if weed is too powdery...
as I am sure a piece of screen could.
I resolved this entire issue with grind and freshness. You can not always get the perfect herb though.
If you use herb that is medium grind (like oregano flake) it will not gather at the top screen...
anything more powdery will gather there.

One more factor concerning why there could be more heat- This is conductive heat... the chamber is a small oven that gets warm around the herbal matter... then you breath air through that chamber.
The metal screen is touching the "oven" (chamber) wall.. and so it it actually could be transferring a small amount of extra heat around the chamber full of weed.

I think you're right about the effect on conduction, thanks! I was quite curious about what was being changed. I did have another thought - that perhaps it helps regulate the ratio of 'speed of breath vs pulling power'

I don't always find it necessary to put in the extra screen, but it certainly does feel most important to me when the cream soda is ground to a powder. I have always preferred my soda powdery as possible for its cure though; more surface area means more getting vaporized, right?

ceasadh,
My NO2 Vapir recently broke and it's still under warranty. Does anyone know how to clean it effectively without damaging the system (Already damaged but I don't want their testing to believe it was the cleaning that did it) and still be able to mail it legally?

nuclearbroods,

Vitolo

Vaporist
use the brush and brush well.. then vacuum the chamber.
throw the top in Iso, and then dry it with a vacuum.
put whole unit in a few ziplocks, one after the next. You should be fine.
They will most likely replace the unit with a new one.

Vitolo,

SunnyInPhilly

Purchased my No2 after seeing it during a visit to my favorite disc golf / head shop. Read some good reviews and found a nice cheap one on Overstock. Then I found this forum while awaiting its arrival. Read about the infamous "toxic" smell. And my nerves ran high. Opened the box, smelled some plastic (I believe the smell has to do with the packing plastic. If my unit smelled like that I wouldn't use it either.). I had a horrible head and chest cold when it arrived. I plugged it in, set to charge, took some sudafed and read the manual.

I awoke from my antihistamine fueled nap and washed the tube and mouthpiece. A few more hours of charging and it was time. Well, I broke into it a little early but kept it plugged in. This is my first vape experience. Set it to 350F, ground my herb, packed it up. First hit is golden. Warm, moist, herbals filled my lungs. A few more hits and I was properly vaked.

3 weeks down and I cant see myself going back to smoking. Now if I can convince my friends to put the bowls away. I haven't tried it with a group, seems its good for 1-2 people.

thanks to Vitolo for all the good info in this thread.

also- 60 pages. I read it all (a 3 day struggle), this thread really needs cleaned up and summarized in the first post.

SunnyInPhilly,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
SunnyInPhilly said:
Purchased my No2 after seeing it during a visit to my favorite disc golf / head shop. Read some good reviews and found a nice cheap one on Overstock. Then I found this forum while awaiting its arrival. Read about the infamous "toxic" smell. And my nerves ran high. Opened the box, smelled some plastic (I believe the smell has to do with the packing plastic. If my unit smelled like that I wouldn't use it either.). I had a horrible head and chest cold when it arrived. I plugged it in, set to charge, took some sudafed and read the manual.

I awoke from my antihistamine fueled nap and washed the tube and mouthpiece. A few more hours of charging and it was time. Well, I broke into it a little early but kept it plugged in. This is my first vape experience. Set it to 350F, ground my herb, packed it up. First hit is golden. Warm, moist, herbals filled my lungs. A few more hits and I was properly vaked.

3 weeks down and I cant see myself going back to smoking. Now if I can convince my friends to put the bowls away. I haven't tried it with a group, seems its good for 1-2 people.

thanks to Vitolo for all the good info in this thread.

also- 60 pages. I read it all (a 3 day struggle), this thread really needs cleaned up and summarized in the first post.
Congratulations on the new NO2 AND reading all 60 pages of this thread! Vape on.

Jeppy,

SunnyInPhilly

any thoughts on pre loads for the No2?

edibles-caps.jpg

better than carrying a bunch of shake around

SunnyInPhilly,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
^^ While this is a good idea and it's probably easy to fill them using the kit, some medical patients may have a hard time to unpack the load as these are tinny to manipulate. Personally, I simply dump pre-grinded medicine in a small Advil bottle which is white and opaque. It's easy to carry with the NO2 and I just pour my medicine in the NO2 chamber by tapping gently with my finger on the side of the Advil bottle. I don't need the scoop anymore ;)

Vaporisateur,

Lisa
Sorry if this question has already been asked but 60 pages is a lot to read lol
I love my Vapir NO2 and I did buy it used so not sure if this is the reason they were selling but after the unit is full charged as soon as I go to use it after being unplugged where it shows how much battery power is left it drops to 1 bar then after a couple scoops it starts to flash like it is empty however still keeps working for a lot more scoops

Newbie,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
^^@Newbie: The battery indicator on the NO2 is not reliable at all, this is well documented in the 60 pages... ;)

I can't tell you how much I can run on a single charge as I recharge the NO2 after each use but If I recall correctly, I think I drained the battery only once, and it was after like 3 vape sessions, so like almost 45 minutes of use.. So I always keep the battery fully charged by connecting to power after each session. If I can, I will even use it while it is connected to AC power.

You seem to be from Canada too? If your battery ever dies, you can order a replacement battery from this authorized Canadian retailler for 40$: www.vaporizers.ca

Vaporisateur,

battz0r

Hi ive had my vaporizer for a few months and now suddenly it wont hold a charge and when its plugged in it does a beep beep beep noise rather than constant like usual. Is my battery dead, is it my cord and is there a way to magically fix this. please help thanks

battz0r,

al bundy

Vaporist
^^^^^^^^^
Mine don't make any beeping noise.
You sure Its not a Solo?
does the display work? Does it show the info?
if the No2s light comes on red then the power supply should be good,if so does it reach the tempature you set it at??
either way you should contact Vapir.

al bundy,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
battz0r said:
Hi ive had my vaporizer for a few months and now suddenly it wont hold a charge and when its plugged in it does a beep beep beep noise rather than constant like usual. Is my battery dead, is it my cord and is there a way to magically fix this. please help thanks

First time I hear about an NO2 that is beeping! Are you sure this is the right product's forum?

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There is a tiny beep that occurs at the unit during charging.
The battery indicator is fine.
When the unit is on, and working the battery indicator will "cycle".. go th=rough tnbe steps, as the oven heats and reheats. This is normal and the indicator is doing what it is intended to do.
The indicator has one True function.
When unit is turned on, and is charging... the indicator will show full lines when charged.
After that the indicator will NOT show true level, unless unit is turned on, and the heater is turned off
unit - on
heat-off
When Power is on.... but heat button is off... the indicator will show if you need to charge.

Vitolo,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I bought the NO2 for my wife a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love this thing! My wife needs to medicate for pain and this has been a blessing for her. This is our first vape after 30+ years of on and off combustion. What a great tool for the beginner. We purchased it from Puffitup and couldn't be more happy their service.

Vape N Bake,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Vito, I did what you recommended with the Qtip. Works wonderfully! Tastes great! :tup:

Jeppy,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Does anyone know if this unit works well with kief?
Yes it does,,,,,and,,it will. Right after I get done typing and close this laptop. I have some Ken's GDP as well as kief. I will load the herb first with a little kief on top. Keep it clean. Getting ready for my new little friend.....NO2 till the wood comes.........goodnite now.......

Jeppy,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
So if I just fill the unit with kief will it get clogged?

When I'm in a kiefing mood (and using the Iolite), I'll pack a bit of coarse-ground herb and then a shitload of kief on top. This helps reduce screen clogage.

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom