Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you're right.

The more vaporisers on the market, the more benefit to the consumers.

Any company wanting to make a vaporiser should be given encouragement in my books.
It's just a pity that companies have to face huge challenges when selling a worthwhile product.

Company name changes just before launch, delays, and further alerations to the design whilst on the beta phase are not gonna help.
But I look forward to the launch day soon!!! I just wish I was friends with someone who made a pre-order.

Vapemania-original,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Hey, so brief moment of panic...
There was some sort of confirmation emaIl when I preordered right? Or am I misremembering?
Wanna make sure em set, is that possible?

rabblerouser,

xian22

Delays and design mods are a part of every product launch and going from vapexhale to vapexhalelabs is inconsequential.

SM has confirmed that you do not need your original pre-order confirmation email - you'll receive a new email invitation to order. Also, for others who have asked in the thread, you will have an opportunity to select your hydratube at the time of ordering.

xian22,

weedemon

enthusiast
hey, did you guys realize there are slits in the showerhead?

I thought it was a solid piece of glass, but i emailed sm55 and he told me there are actually slits in the dome. diffusion is new to me though, kinda been out of the scene (head shops, magazines etc...) since i moved back to the country in 2006.I used to live in London Ont if anyone knows the city. good head shops and lots of cool potheads down there :) hehe

"I'm not sure if the tree produces smaller bubbles than the showerdome, they both diffuse very well. The trees have more slits, but the showerhead uses the slits more effectively"

just wanted to pass this on as i couldn't see this when watching the vids.

weedemon,

EntRance

My pre-order is in and I'm anxiously waiting for the opportunity to confirm and pay, glad to hear SM and the VXL team are moving along for launch! This will be my first "high end" vape. Before I make my final order, can anyone give some advice on deciding between the HydraTree and Sovereignty Gridded Hydra Tree? I know there are differences in percolation, but as someone without a lot of experience in water pipes, I am wondering if the additional cost is worth it for someone like me or will its benefits mainly be discernible by veteran users? Looking into some other glass pieces, some of them like the HydraTubes can cost as much as the entire Cloud+Tube pre-order price, especially Sov's beautiful pieces (like the Peyote Pillar that SM has shown. That thing is like what...700-800+ close as I can tell online?!), so if it is a especially good deal, maybe I'll stick with Sov's Gridded HydraTree even with the price increase compared to the other options.

So, is the Gridded version "too much pipe" for a newbie to appreciate and use properly, or is it such a good deal that its worth spending with the hope I'll "grow into' being able to get the most out of it?

EntRance,

Carbon

EntRance said:
So, is the Gridded version "too much pipe" for a newbie to appreciate and use properly, or is it such a good deal that its worth spending with the hope I'll "grow into' being able to get the most out of it?
I think it's going to be nicer than the Vertigo piece both functionally and aesthetically, but that's just my two cents. That's what I'll be getting because I know Sovereignty Glass is good stuff and have played around with them before. From what I'm reading the tube will also be a similar size to the showerdome (IMO the Vertigo piece is bulkier and too big).

All of the hydratubes will work the same, so it comes down mostly to if you want to spend the extra money and what you want aesthetically. If you've already made up your mind and want a tree perc, then I'd put up the extra cash for the Sovereignty every time.

I don't think being a vaporizing newbie should have much bearing on your decision here. All of the pieces will probably work great, the SG one just has that many more points of diffusion (from what I gather).

I'll make it easier for you. If the Vertigo piece and the Sovereignty piece were identically priced, then which would you pick? That is the one you should buy then, unless you're really hard up for cash.

I keep trying to end this post but end up having more to prattle on about. Nobody is going to be able to tell you that the SG piece will give you an $80 smoother hit or $80 worth of increased diffusion. A vaporizer like this is an investment in something you'll hopefully use for a long time, so just get the one you like the best. I just hope that I've helped in some way. If any of these tubes weren't great, then they wouldn't be getting paired with this vaporizer.

Carbon,

weedemon

enthusiast
EntRance said:

hey man, i am basically in the same boat as you. a relative glass "noob". (ive owned some nice pieces in the past, but this was before precs existed. my "hi guy" bong (a B.C Glass blower from the late 90's and early 2000's) was stolen and i never spend more than 80 bucks on a piece of glass since.) but back to topic here...

the Dome is more "chuggy" the tree's are more "bubbly" and have less drag (force required to make the bubbles start coming up the tube) the gridded hydra is even more bubbly. From what I read

Even though we haven't seen the SG tube yet I think the vertigo and the SG tubes are going to look really similar with the exception of the SG tube having a recessed base and of course the gridded stems. Because I haven't seen the SG tube I can't justify spending the extra 80 bucks on it (yet). But also, I don't want to buy the vertigo one and then regret that i didn't just spend the extra 80 on the SG tube.

On a side note I remember browsing the aqualabstech website and SG glass really did grab my attention. It was the only glass blower name I retained in my memory from back then. So saying this I think the SG tube is gonna be something special. Who knows maybe it will have color on it or some other little extra.

Ok, so all that side here is what it comes down to for me. I'm going to buy the SGW one for now, get a feel for it and comfortable with the bubbler system. Then later on down the line I will buy a 2nd tube. By then I will be able to read the reviews comparing the SG and the Vert tubes. sure they will cost me a little more since i don't get the pre sale kit deal but w/e. I can see a lot of options coming to us down the line! and by then I will have even more to choose from!

my 2nd will probably be a tree style unless they come out with many more crazy designs in the mean time. I wouldn't want to own the V tree then buy the SG tree. I'd rather own the dome and a tree. (more difference between them.)

Hope that helps man.

Carbon said:
I'll make it easier for you. If the Vertigo piece and the Sovereignty piece were identically priced, then which would you pick? That is the one you should pick then, unless you're really hard up for cash.

I think that's some great advice. no regrets!

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
EntRance said:
Post #668-

stonemonkey55 posted - "Describing how the different HydraTubes hit is very difficult if you do not have any experience with any water tools in the past.

Durden's descrption does a good job IMO"

This is all my opinion so don't get too crazy please, not gonna edit it just gonna ramble a bit and hopefully thatll be helpful tongue.

Think about the difference in the construction for a second. The circulator design has all the slits at the same level, so each has nearly equal potential at any point during the hit for the vapor to pass through. The slits are also vertical and the vapor is forced through the top part of slit as much as possible so the bubbles are small. Because the slits on the circ are farther out from the stem, the bubbles dont collide with glass or each other as often and stack more. The end result is a very uniform bubbly hit (once you displace the initial water) as more slits operate the harder that you pull/drag, that still has enough airflow for fast clears.

The tree has a slightly different construction, with 2 rows of slits (or grids) and often open ends on the bottom of the tree. This means that when you pull softly, the real action is taking place in the top row of slits/grids, and as you pull harder the vapor is forced further down the trees and out the other slits/grids, and sometimes coming out the bottom ends (and out of everything when you clear it). So the more you pull the more water is displaced as the bubbles form deeper in the water, where in the circ all the water is displaced in the beginning of the hit and as you pull your just pulling bubbles through the water. There are also more collisions of bubbles with the glass and each other so you get larger bubbles forming out of several smaller ones which dont stack as high.

Gridded trees make smaller bubbles so there is more initial diffusion, but there are still many collisions of the bubbles so they don't stack as high as circs. A good mix of both worlds.

Smaller bubbles mean more diffusion, but high stacks of bubbles dont always give the vapor time to condense. Bubble stacks preserve flavor more, and trees take slightly less overall effort to operate. Then again if the vapor is thick coming in it doesnt matter how its diffused youll get thick vapor coming out brow.

My tree feels more 'normal' to me whatever that means in the glass world, and I have much more experience using them than circs, but I love using circs and think they hit amazingly smooth.2c

"I'd love to give you guys a clearer answer but without any previous experience with glass, it is hard to contextualize. Even when you do have previous experience with glass, sometimes the difference one feels when vaping is difficult to capture with words.

If I were to just give a description of a few words for each, this is how I would describe them:

ShowerDome - Drag free, nice rumble, great diffusion, medium sized bubbles."

max,

hereatlast

I think max's post (and reposting of Durden's 'ramble') is right on point. Its really hard to describe the feel/perception of the different styles of diffusion without any past experience. In any case, the Hydratubes seem to offer an incredibly approachable design to any glass user, if you've never hit a tree or a 'Showerdome' I hardly think either will disappoint.

On a related note: I'm still very much looking forward to the glass coming out the VXL studio itself, the build quality looks right on par with other great blowers. And as much as anything, can't wait to pair the Cloud up with existing glass. Hope all is well with everyone at VXL. :)

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
max said:
Thanks, Max, for reposting Durden's eloquent rendition on diffusion. It comes as close as anything I've read to describing the indescribable. :cool:

Pappy,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
I have a vertigo tree bubbler that I use for the surfer every so often. Honestly its good, but my buddies and all agree we just dont love it :rolleyes: cant really explain, but I think its that the bubbles dont stack that well. We like using the HiSi bubbler more, even though its just a fancy downstem instead of a tree. The thing about the tree though is that it does clear faster than Usain Bolt.

I also have a HiSi with a bell perc (dome perc) (http://www.hisi-glass.com/product-bell.php) and I like to take the downstem out sometimes and just use the top perc with the surfer. Real nice.

Nebera,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I have a Vertigo mini shower head bubbler and it's very solid. It hits big and clears quickly. Not knowing about or using the other companies glass I went with the Vertigo. Also after SM recommended the tree for dry hits I couldn't justify the price difference. Totally might after my introduction to it!

Damn, I went back in the post and SM said Hydratube for dry hits... I ordered a tree I think, my memory is going. sheeit...

meduser#420,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Nebera said:
I have a vertigo tree bubbler that I use for the surfer every so often. Honestly its good, but my buddies and all agree we just dont love it :rolleyes: cant really explain, but I think its that the bubbles dont stack that well. We like using the HiSi bubbler more, even though its just a fancy downstem instead of a tree. The thing about the tree though is that it does clear faster than Usain Bolt.

I also have a HiSi with a bell perc (dome perc) (http://www.hisi-glass.com/product-bell.php) and I like to take the downstem out sometimes and just use the top perc with the surfer. Real nice.

That's very interesting that you didn't enjoy VGs trees as he used to make them for Luke Wilson himself but it still brings up a good point, whichever HydraTube you get is an individualistic choice, and for me, even though I have my clear favorites and daily drivers, I always like to flip it up to keep it fresh. Some of my friends like the VG, others are SGW guys, but everyone has a good experience whichever they use.

Alright guys, back to the lab to build some Clouds :cool:

stonemonkey55,

weedemon

enthusiast
get back to work! *WaahPshh!* :lol: (just kidding) :peace:

After reading Durden's post about how each type work I am only so much more excited and sure in my decision of what type to get. A very excellent description of operation.

seriously though, i am checking my email daily... :p i'm pretty excited to try it out and at the same time bad at this waiting business :D

weedemon,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hey SM,
I would love it if you put a list up of the songs used in your vids! As I said before, it seems we have very similar musical tastes (at least in the hip hop department) I think I sussed out some Beastie Boys and Quasimoto, maybe some Madvillain; but I would love to know for sure. Does VapeXhaleLabs have a theme song? Obviously this is not a priority and anyone can answer if they know which cuts are which. I just got curious because a couple of the cuts definitely belong in my line up! :D

Can't wait for the cloud guys! Rock on!

Bluntcrush,

Carbon

Bluntcrush said:
Hey SM,
I would love it if you put a list up of the songs used in your vids! As I said before, it seems we have very similar musical tastes (at least in the hip hop department) I think I sussed out some Beastie Boys and Quasimoto, maybe some Madvillain; but I would love to know for sure. Does VapeXhaleLabs have a theme song? Obviously this is not a priority and anyone can answer if they know which cuts are which. I just got curious because a couple of the cuts definitely belong in my line up! :D

I thought the music was listed on at least some of the videos. The one that stands out the most for me was Blackalicious in one of the test run vids.

Carbon,

max

Out to lunch
hereatlast said:
I think max's post (and reposting of Durden's 'ramble') is right on point.

Pappy said:
max said:
Thanks, Max, for reposting Durden's eloquent rendition on diffusion. It comes as close as anything I've read to describing the indescribable. :cool:
I'd like to make it perfectly clear that I simply reposted sm's post, which quoted Durden. None of the words are mine. I'm only taking credit for a copy and paste job. ;)

max,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Carbon said:
Bluntcrush said:
Hey SM,

I thought the music was listed on at least some of the videos. The one that stands out the most for me was Blackalicious in one of the test run vids.
Thanks! I'll re-watch them sometime and see if I can catch some info...

Bluntcrush,

xc1616

Real excited about the Cloud... wondering if there is anything planned that would let us know what number we are in line or what number in line vapexhale is currently shipping to?

xc1616,

lepstadder

Real excited about the Cloud... wondering if there is anything planned that would let us know what number we are in line or what number in line vapexhale is currently shipping to?

Ditto, many of us have been really annoying our friends and loved ones by continually talking about this thing!

lepstadder,

ShadowLink12

Activist
lepstadder said:

Ditto, many of us have been really annoying our friends and loved ones by continually talking about this thing!

Yeah, my fiance is VERY sick of hearing about it....of course she is also excited to try it out.

ShadowLink12,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL! My husband is tired of hearing about it too. He shakes his head each time I mention it.

Lo,

weedemon

enthusiast
im one of those people too! :p got another buddy to sign up too though. he's gonna get the other hydra tube so we can try them both out :p

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom