Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Mr. Smoke No More said:
stonemonkey55 said:
We have selected a smaller group of folks local to us to put the Cloud through the ringer but that doesn't mean west coasters will get it before east coasters. They will be sent out based on the time you pre-ordered.

What about us canucks. U plan to just keep it in the US for now until bugs are worked out? Or are we also on the first come first serve basis? Either way i'm excited its finally so close...it seems so real now!!! Im ready to put one of these machines through its paces, to say the least.

Edit: Why change the name of the thread? Is the new official abreaviation for the company VXL?

You got it, VapeXhaleLabs is the new company we re-incorporated under for some business reasons.

To answer your question, asides from a select few locals and industry contacts, everyone else will be getting their units based on when they signed up. So far the testing has been going well, no one has written back stating that they have had any issues with the units sent out, we've only been getting glowing emails about the crazy clouds the machine is producing.

I want to start sending these out as soon as possible but management still wants to stagger out the release because servicing 1000 Clouds would cripple our company just in logistics costs alone. Like always, we might not be the fastest but we will certainly get it right.

For everyone that has held out on the VXC, we thank you for your patience. We know that you have a lot of choices out there and I am 100% confident that the it will be worth the wait. With the plethora of vaporizers that are being released, it has only pushed us to continually improve the unit so it is close to perfection as a v1 product can be. This is not a redesign of a existing vape, this isn't a vape that shares a common heater with any vape out there, the engine in this vape is a complete redesign of status quo, hold on tight, it's gonna be wild ride!

stonemonkey55,

lepstadder

One question that is vitally important to me is the ability to clean the main unit 100%, not the hydratube but the vaporizer itself,

This is important for those of us that travel to states that are less compassionate with our medicines.

Can you demonstrate or explain the process of cleaning the bowl/herb chamber without damaging the internal components

because i stir my herb after every single hit, and with the bowl being above the element in a vertical position a large amount of dust/sediment would accumulate, thats one concern i have...

This thread is 99.9% full of positive accolades yet nobody has used it lol

Time to play devils advocate

Also the bowl appears to take a larger amount of material than say the VHW, although it seams that the hits are larger, and that the ABV seams a bit darker from fewer hits, Maybe thats your preference and we can all try it the way we like it

Can you speculate as the amount you used in the video?

I do have concerns about the device, but with your great attitude and headstrong will to keep us all informed does quell some worries, cant wait to try it out!!

lepstadder,

Opahe

So basically.. Those of us that pre-ordered months ago, still may not get one until After 4/20 ??

Please tell me this isn't true!
I've been following this thread since page 3 started. I signed up to fc, almost exclusively because of this thread. I've watched your youtube videos along with my friends, dozens and dozens of times.

Is it really true?

stonemonkey55 said:
Mr. Smoke No More said:
stonemonkey55 said:
We have selected a smaller group of folks local to us to put the Cloud through the ringer but that doesn't mean west coasters will get it before east coasters. They will be sent out based on the time you pre-ordered.

What about us canucks. U plan to just keep it in the US for now until bugs are worked out? Or are we also on the first come first serve basis? Either way i'm excited its finally so close...it seems so real now!!! Im ready to put one of these machines through its paces, to say the least.

Edit: Why change the name of the thread? Is the new official abreaviation for the company VXL?

You got it, VapeXhaleLabs is the new company we re-incorporated under for some business reasons.

To answer your question, asides from a select few locals and industry contacts, everyone else will be getting their units based on when they signed up. So far the testing has been going well, no one has written back stating that they have had any issues with the units sent out, we've only been getting glowing emails about the crazy clouds the machine is producing.

I want to start sending these out as soon as possible but management still wants to stagger out the release because servicing 1000 Clouds would cripple our company just in logistics costs alone. Like always, we might not be the fastest but we will certainly get it right.

For everyone that has held out on the VXC, we thank you for your patience. We know that you have a lot of choices out there and I am 100% confident that the it will be worth the wait. With the plethora of vaporizers that are being released, it has only pushed us to continually improve the unit so it is close to perfection as a v1 product can be. This is not a redesign of a existing vape, this isn't a vape that shares a common heater with any vape out there, the engine in this vape is a complete redesign of status quo, hold on tight, it's gonna be wild ride!

Opahe,

max

Out to lunch
Is it really true?
I'm sure sm will respond to your post, but I'd like to know where you've seen any statement about any guaranteed delivery date. Originally, they wanted to get production units shipped out by 4/20 (approx) of 2010. So a lot of people have been waiting patiently for about a year. You should know this since page 3 dates to Feb. of last year. If you waited 8-10 months after that to preorder, then I guess a lot of buyers are ahead of you. If you ordered last spring, I wouldn't think you'd have to wait long. But they've made a business decision not to ship all preorders out as fast as they can assemble and pack, and the choices are to wait your turn, or cancel your order. IMO it'll be worth the wait, especially since the preorder price is a discount vs. what you'd pay later on.

max,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, i'm doing surprisingly well at waiting. With brief bursts of wanting mine desperately.

It helps that i'm still a little tight on cash, and feel better having more in the bank before laying out 4 bills on a new toy anyway.

rabblerouser,

nlferret

I assume it's still possible to preorder/reserve... perhaps it came up earlier in the thread, and I'll read it all if I have to, but perhaps someone could help me out. The form on the webpage is for American orders, so are Canadian customers being served at this point? How do we order, if so?

The thing looks amazing. This thread and the videos have me convinced :)

nlferret,

Opahe

>>I'm sure sm will respond to your post, but I'd like to know where you've seen any statement about any guaranteed delivery date.

When did I mention a guaranteed delivery date?

>>Originally, they wanted to get production units shipped out by 4/20 (approx) of 2010. So a lot of people have been waiting patiently for about a year.

I know. I'm one of these people.

>>You should know this since page 3 dates to Feb. of last year.

You are correct.

>> If you waited 8-10 months after that to preorder, then I guess a lot of buyers are ahead of you.

I didn't.

>>If you ordered last spring, I wouldn't think you'd have to wait long. But they've made a business decision not to ship all preorders out as fast as they can assemble and pack, and the choices are to wait your turn, or cancel your order.

>>IMO it'll be worth the wait, especially since the preorder price is a discount vs. what you'd pay later on.

I've been waiting for this for a very long time. This will be the second 4/20 I expected to have it, and.. it looks like it may be the second 4/20 I will not. I'm hoping I'm wrong. I don't know if I am or not, thus my post. I am also sadden and frustrated that this may occur. I understand my choices are to wait, or not wait. I understand the staggered release strategy sm has posted here. I believe it has merit, just as I do with my disappointment and frustration.

Opahe,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Opahe said:
So basically.. Those of us that pre-ordered months ago, still may not get one until After 4/20 ??

Please tell me this isn't true!
I've been following this thread since page 3 started. I signed up to fc, almost exclusively because of this thread. I've watched your youtube videos along with my friends, dozens and dozens of times.

Is it really true?

stonemonkey55 said:
Mr. Smoke No More said:

Sorry, it is true, this is our first venture into the manufacturing world so we're taking precautionary steps to ensure a successful launch. I thought I set expectations clearly that only a few of the first pre-orders would be getting their Clouds by 4/20 and as we get our assembly line working faster and more efficiently, we'll be shipping out units as they are built based on whoever signed up first. Since so many of our parts are custom, and since we are basically a boot strapped startup, it is very difficult for us to stock the amount of Clouds we needed for the launch while still being able to keep the lights on. Once we get some cash flow into the company, then we can start producing more like a factory.

lepstadder said:
One question that is vitally important to me is the ability to clean the main unit 100%, not the hydratube but the vaporizer itself,

This is important for those of us that travel to states that are less compassionate with our medicines.

Can you demonstrate or explain the process of cleaning the bowl/herb chamber without damaging the internal components

because i stir my herb after every single hit, and with the bowl being above the element in a vertical position a large amount of dust/sediment would accumulate, thats one concern i have...

This thread is 99.9% full of positive accolades yet nobody has used it lol

Time to play devils advocate

Also the bowl appears to take a larger amount of material than say the VHW, although it seams that the hits are larger, and that the ABV seams a bit darker from fewer hits, Maybe thats your preference and we can all try it the way we like it

Can you speculate as the amount you used in the video?

I do have concerns about the device, but with your great attitude and headstrong will to keep us all informed does quell some worries, cant wait to try it out!!

The VXC is basically a hollow glass tube so it would be easy for you to use a Q-tip and swap it out if any or your herb should fall in. We use a very, very fine mesh for the EZ loader and I hardly notice any herb particles falling through.

As for the amount of herb actually used, I would say it is on par or less than a VHW. It is roughly the same size as a bowl you would use for a DBV or any of the whip vapes that use a male 18.8 as the herb repository but it actually holds a little less since it has to fit into the male joint.

I'm actually using a fairly low temperature in the videos you saw. We utilize a few different tricks to get better vapor extraction of the herb so you don't have to take hit after hit after hit to get where you want to. Even at lower temperatures (roughly 350-360), I'm taking 3 hits, stirring, and then 3 more then dumping out the contents. I could crank up the heat and get some more out of it, but the first few hits, with the high vapor to air ration, do a good job of getting me medicated rather quickly.

To really quell your concerns, based on where you are at in the queue, you should be able to read a lot of unbiased reviews before you actually put down your payment info. I know that it's my job to hype up my baby but I'm very confident in letting the first customers do the talking for me. Have a great weekend.

stonemonkey55,

Opahe

Thanks for the thoughtful reply sm. I understand how difficult it is, being a new start-up. I appreciate the work you're putting into this.

Opahe,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Opahe said:
Thanks for the thoughtful reply sm. I understand how difficult it is, being a new start-up. I appreciate the work you're putting into this.

Believe me, if the decision were solely mine, I would want to have everyone who pre-ordered theirs enjoying a very special 420. I know how awesome this thing is because every time I give the prototype back to my engineer, those days with the Cloud are very sad.

Unfortunately, I work with some business minded folks who are more risk adverse and although I might not like their decisions, as you said, I too believe that they have merit, it's just a bummer.

stonemonkey55,

Opahe

I didnt think I could like you more. (: No homo. (Not that there's anything wrong with it.. it's just not for me lol)

stonemonkey55 said:
Opahe said:

Believe me, if the decision were solely mine, I would want to have everyone who pre-ordered theirs enjoying a very special 420. I know how awesome this thing is because every time I give the prototype back to my engineer, those days with the Cloud are very sad.

Unfortunately, I work with some business minded folks who are more risk adverse and although I might not like their decisions, as you said, I too believe that they have merit, it's just a bummer.

Opahe,

Troi

stonemonkey55 said:
I'm actually using a fairly low temperature in the videos you saw. We utilize a few different tricks to get better vapor extraction of the herb so you don't have to take hit after hit after hit to get where you want to. Even at lower temperatures (roughly 350-360), I'm taking 3 hits, stirring, and then 3 more then dumping out the contents. I could crank up the heat and get some more out of it, but the first few hits, with the high vapor to air ration, do a good job of getting me medicated rather quickly.

Stonemonkey, Gosh there you go again, give me another reason to need the cloud today! I think this may come as a surprise to many initial users, but I have always theoretically felt that if the vaporizer was designed correctly, one could extract the needed medication without several thinner hits. If you have achieved this I just want to point out to everyone that this will make our choice to vaporize an even healthier experience. The less inhales we put our lungs through to reach desired medicated level, will mean less irritation to the lungs.

Troi,

Raf007

Retailer
SM, I know you already answers countless time about foreign orders...but will you still agree to send a unit outside of the USA if I accept the risk inherently lying within a new product ?

I am asking, because if I remember well, I pre ordered within the first 48 hours and I stated before am willing to take the risk and wish to have a US cloud asap :)...will you therefore still agree to ship it...should I be checking my emails ? :D

Raf007,

Opahe

I think he made it clear that it's not his decision. It's a joint decision to only release in their area right now.

I know, I'm very unhappy about it as well. But I'm sure he's doing everything he can to insure that process moves as fast as possible within that plan.

Raf007 said:
SM, I know you already answers countless time about foreign orders...but will you still agree to send a unit outside of the USA if I accept the risk inherently lying within a new product ?

I am asking, because if I remember well, I pre ordered within the first 48 hours and I stated before am willing to take the risk and wish to have a US cloud asap :)...will you therefore still agree to ship it...should I be checking my emails ? :D

Opahe,

Raf007

Retailer
ok, thx.

Will wait then, but I'd like to make sure I can still confirm my order like any US customer that's in the line when they will ship to all the US pre orders;

Raf007,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I am SO glad I found this thread! I am all ready for a new vaporizer and this has me SO stoked!!!!! I was on the tipping point of ordering a custom Vaporfection Stealth Novus, but honestly this thing looks so amazing, and versatile!!! I have to read the entire thread, but please keep me in the loop with the development! I am so stoked for this! :peace:

The videos are also BOSS! Man, on the contact form I originally put shower head, but that tree is OFF THE HOOK!!!

Please get these out soon!!!

Bluntcrush,

weedemon

enthusiast
i jumped in on the pre-order list too. how many pre-orders have been received so far? are we over the 1000 mark? or would the offer for pre-order be taken down then?

anyone have any idea how much more fragile the trees are over the shower style? I like the looks of the tree, but am i worrying over nothing thinking an arm will break off? never owned glass like this before.

btw how is it possible to take out the little steel basket that holds the weed so quickly after use? isn't it far too hot to touch right away?

weedemon,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
I placed my pre-order so long ago I can't even guess how long it has been accurately. I keep hoping to get contacted any day now to finalize payment...oh how I am dreaming...

ioright,

greystr0ke

I seemed to have lost my original pre-registration email confirmation. Is that going to be an issue?

greystr0ke,

livegreen

ioright said:
I placed my pre-order so long ago I can't even guess how long it has been accurately. I keep hoping to get contacted any day now to finalize payment...oh how I am dreaming...

agreed. Never have I had such a desire for money to get taken out of my account.

livegreen,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Typing on iPhone in airport again so if I miss any questions, let me know.

1. No worries if you lost your pre registration email, that isn't required to order.

2. We have surpassed the pre order limit but are continuing to accept preorders until we have caught up on production. We figure this is fair for all the people that were nice enough to order based only on the info I've been giving.

3. It's hard to say how much more fragile the trees are than the showerdome but as with all glass, handling with care is more important than how durable the perc is. Even with fully re enforced arms, a tree wont survive a fall off of a table. I'll shoot a video on best practices for handling glass and I would for everyone who will be handling your Cloud to watch the video before using the vape.

4. Very suprisingly, the ez loading bowl isn't too hot to handle after vaping. I thought t would be at first but powernerd convinced me to give it a try and for whatever reason, while it is hot, it is not nearly too hot to handle.

Let me know if I missed anything.

stonemonkey55,

weedemon

enthusiast
I don't think there is anything left for me to do except eagerly wait!(btw that is awesome to still honor the price to use who got in after the 1000 mark!) I'm gonna start with the shower dome like i originally put down. I will worry about the fancy looking trees as a 2nd piece to buy later on down the line.

that is great to hear about the ez loader being cool enough to touch still.

so i re-read pages 50 up to current today and as i understand it we are like this:

as of march 19th SM55 announced that the ez bowl was given the go head and now it was only a 30-60 day wait for the supplier to come though with the new parts. (as long as there haven't been any developments since then this means that starting april 19- june 19th we can expect the orders to really be flowing out the door?

i don't mind all the delays either because like you guys said, it's bringing us a better final product.

looking forward to this and any updates to follow ;)

weedemon,
Its a pity I can't see independent people on youtube reviewing the Cloud. That way I could compare it to every other vaporiser on the market.

Even so, I can't wait for others to buy it and try it out.

Vapemania-original,

max

Out to lunch
Vapemania said:
Its a pity I can't see independent people on youtube reviewing the Cloud. That way I could compare it to every other vaporiser on the market.
All you'd really get would be someone else's impression, and you'd have to go by whatever they said (if anything), as far as their expertise in judging the Cloud against other vapes. And you'd have no way to tell just how independent they are either. You'll really have to wait a while, until quite a few buyers get delivery, before you can get a handle on how the general population of users feels about it. OTOH if you'd been reading sm's posts on various forums for the last few years, and knew about his extensive experience with different high quality designs, I don't think you'd worry much about the performance of the Cloud. If he couldn't take it a step up from what's already out there, he (and his partners) wouldn't have bothered to start the company. :2c:

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom