Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoopMachine

Reserved my cloud today. I really try to avoid getting sucked into new technology because there is always something that ends up getting changed after the first production run. Hopefully as long as theyve been testing this thing, that wont happen with this product.

PoopMachine,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
^ Viva Conan!

agreed!

but i miss old Conan...
nbc_conan_2090_y2k_20060421_2255.jpg

SM, make sure to make a cloud model that has LEDs that light up the HydraTube so you can do "in the year 2000" shits like conan (patent pending)

2clicker,

Troi

Hey I know this may be off topic Pappy/Stonemonky which product of simple green do you recommenced for cleaning glass?

Troi,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@pappy - good question, and one that I don't have a good answer for. For what its worth, I usually rinse out my tubes in the bathtub with the water going full blast but now I'm a bit paranoid. Nothing has even happened to any of my glass but I'm definitely going to ease of the water pressure now.

@vapormonkey - how did American Express get access to our glass blowing facility?!?!? LOL

i <3 conan - although TBS Conan just doesn't seem the same for some reason, I still enjoy it nonetheless

@troi - just go to Home Depot and get their standard Simple Green, the one that comes in the one gallon jug. Don't dilute it, just use it full strength.

Happy hump day!

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
@pappy - good question
Good answer. :) I've eased up lately. I'm target cleaning, or as Barrack says, "Operate with a scalpel instead of a hatchet." :D

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF!

Looks like my buildabub is coming this weekend, my hard drive should have the data recovered as well, time to sit down and shoot some videos of the Cloud making friends with some glass outside of the HydraTube family!

stonemonkey55,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
stonemonkey55 said:
TGIF!

Looks like my buildabub is coming this weekend, my hard drive should have the data recovered as well, time to sit down and shoot some videos of the Cloud making friends with some glass outside of the HydraTube family!

It has definitely been a long week! I can't wait to see this video, I have been looking forward to seeing how the cloud works with different glass, some of my pieces have very little clearance around the joint.

EonBlue,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@eonblue - mind posting some pics of your pieces with limited (stemless i'm assuming) clearance? If the Cloud won't fit, we could always make a bent neck adapter.

stonemonkey55,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Its actually my Hops Peashooter the side closest to the tube only has about 3/4" clearance.

Happy Saturday!

EonBlue,

OC513

Dabaholic
My itza is stemless and has about 1/2" of clearance.......my WDZ fits no problem so I am praying the Cloud will as well.......SM55 what is the circumference of the cloud roughly? My WDZ is 8 1/2"

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't have a Cloud unit at my house right this moment but I do think the circumference is roughly the same as a PD. In addition to that, we offset the area where you would be putting the Cloud into your water tool to give you a little more clearance. It works on my SG Pillar without a problem and I think it will work with 97%+ of most water tools without an adaptor.

See pic below...

photo.JPG

stonemonkey55,

elixsor

I couldn't tell from the videos I could see, is the heating portion of the unit very loud when it is on?

elixsor,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Very smart offsetting it for a few reasons. Clearance aside, it differentiates front from the back, counterbalances the tube, and has a nice ergonomic aesthetic. I'd say it makes the whole unit more usable. BTW where do you put the herb, in the GonG joint? This product does vaporize herb, doesn't it? :D

Only time will tell if it clears Swanee's bore. Wouldn't hurt to offer an adaptor type solution for all tubes as a backstop.

Pappy,

B.

War Criminal
stonemonkey55 said:
@willeh - the electronics are completely separated from the vapor path, so from that perspective, the electronics are safe. With that said, I would HIGHLY advise anyone from blowing into the HydraTube. Hopefully common sense will prevail when using the Cloud and in our instructions, it will be abundantly clear that the HydraTube is for inhaling not blowing. :D

@ ILoveRadiohead! - You finished two drawings before I even got to mine. Think of the Cloud as housing a recessed male conical GonG joint that you can drop the bowl on top of. The bowl is essentially a female to male GonG adapter that utilizes two screens to hold the herb in place so that you can use it right side up, or upside down.

The female portion of the bowl that is attached to the male joint that is recessed in the Cloud, will feature a mechanism that allows that connection to be "stickier" than the connection from the bowl to the Cloud so you can safely lift your HydraTube off of the Cloud without worrying about the bowl coming off.

Hope this helps you visualize the bowl.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kpEL0aDZlUg/S95HHzIjAEI/AAAAAAAAECE/oZn941Glbg4/s640/Slide1.jpg

B.,

george

Personally, I still don't understand how you load your herb...even with that diagram. I don't think i will untill i see some real pictures or a video. :2c:

george,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
I can only assume that one of the two screens has to be popped out in order to load, and then reset to use.

I'm hoping that it's slightly more sophisticated than that, but we'll see...

mongorian,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just a quick update - the herb chamber/bowl has changed since we posted that diagram. I will post a picture of how the bowl works now but to answer your question, the herb will reside in the male GonG joint like the wands you use for whip based vaporizers. We did add a new twist to make loading/stirring/unloading easier.

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom