Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@malawigold - still waiting to get my video camera and editing machine back, hopefully this will suffice. I did this during my lunch our, holding my own iphone so sorry for the shitty quality. Also, I am towards the tail end of this bowl but I figure I'd post up something sooner than later. I'll post a real video in the coming weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGG_cfYnAqk

@stinkmeaner - Thank you for making those salient points. We look forward to the day you have a Cloud in your hand and we can get the SSOA aka Stinkmean Seal of Approval. We know you are a hard vaporist to please (along with many others on fc.com) but I'm confident you will walk away with all smiles.

@raf007 - A parallel release is highly unlikely but the fact that we do not have to alter our enclosure means that you guys should be able to get your version of the Cloud sooner than later. As I previously stated, I think it is in our best interest to make sure that the Cloud has no reliability/durability issues in the states before launching in the EMEA region. Once we feel confident that the Cloud can stand the rigors of heavy vape sessions, then it is off to EMEA and Australia :D

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
the rumble on that pillar is just insane.
I had assumed that there would be a bowl attachment that went onto the bong/bub like a VHW.......but it seems not. So the Cloud will fit directly into an 18.8 female joint with the meds in the male part of the Cloud?

OC513,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Awesome video thanks for the great demo! That bowl setup is so awesome I can't wait to see how it works.

EonBlue,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OC513 said:
the rumble on that pillar is just insane.
I had assumed that there would be a bowl attachment that went onto the bong/bub like a VHW.......but it seems not. So the Cloud will fit directly into an 18.8 female joint with the meds in the male part of the Cloud?
Awesome video thanks for the great demo! That bowl setup is so awesome I can't wait to see how it works.

Yes, the herb goes into the male gong joint. We axed the bowl altogether because it was just an additional piece we would need to make and complicated the user experience. We also wanted to avoid keck clips to hold the bowl to the Cloud so that you could easily lift off the HydraTube from the Cloud with worrying that the bowl would stick to the wrong piece.

I'm waiting for the prototype piece to come, much easier to show you the bowl than to describe it. It isn't anything mindblowing but when you guys see it, you will be like "ohhh, that makes so much sense to do that way" :D

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I hope everyone is having a great holiday month. If you guys have been following the "Customized Vape Setup" thread, you may have heard that I finally received my VertigoGlass Buildabub over the weekend.

I will be doing an Ultimate Bubbler Challenge with the following three bubs, all powered with the VapeXhale Cloud. It will be very interesting to see how each of these stack up against each other, now all I need to do is get my iMac back and we are ready to rock and roll.

photo%20(12).JPG

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
three of the sickest bubs ever made and you own them all......lucky man. How many pillar bubs are out there....not many at all I'm guessing. Can't wait to see the cloud on all 3.

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@oc513 - As far as I know, there are a couple Pillar bubs out there. This guy, SD420 has the other one and I have seem some natty splashguard pillars that look more like bubs then tubes. I think ITZA has made some pillar bubs if I'm not mistaken as well.

I really, really need to get my video editing computer back. I did a blind shootout of the three bubs with a few of my friends yesterday and it was very interesting to hear their feedback. None of these guys you would classify as "glass heads" but they are all definitely potheads.

I didn't really give them any background on any of the pieces, I just asked them what they liked best and why. I will post up the results as soon as I get my computer but as I suspected, the answers were all over the board.

stonemonkey55,

jambolaya

how big will the bowl be? What will be the minimum amount of herb you could use and still have a decent vapor to air ratio?

jambolaya,

OC513

Dabaholic
stonemonkey55 said:
@oc513 - As far as I know, there are a couple Pillar bubs out there. This guy, SD420 has the other one and I have seem some natty splashguard pillars that look more like bubs then tubes. I think ITZA has made some pillar bubs if I'm not mistaken as well..

lol....a couple and you have one! I have seen the natty splash pillars and they are very cool but really not a bub as they are considerably bigger. I love his hollow foot natty pillar. Itza is making pillars now but I have not yet seen or heard of a bub. I did see an amazing worked Itza pillar tube recently tho. I look forward to seeing your vids with these 3 as well as your friends comments. I saw someone on one of the boards recently that has an amazing collection of glass and he posted something to the effect of "After all these years and all these tubes I found out I only really need one" followed by a pic of his SG pillar.

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@danielofksi - the Cloud bowl will hold a little less than what you could put into a standard 18.8 GonG joint. As far as getting decent vapor/air ratio, I would say the Cloud is a tad bit more efficient than the other "big hitting" vapes but you should expect more or less the same efficiency as the SSVs, VHWs, Extremes, of the world. Once we get our final bowl, I will let you know for sure.

@oc513 - Hahaha, I had to do somethings for the Pillar bub that I will take to the grave with me, no donkeys involved though! Seriously though, I had to jump through some serious hoops to get these pieces made but now that I have them, it was well worth the hassle. I will say this though, VG's circ is better than any other circ I have tried, this includes gridded ones as well. He must have some tiny, proprietary saw because the slits in this thing are ridiculous thin and I think those thin, sharp edges makes it diffuse even better.

stonemonkey55,

OC513

Dabaholic
stonemonkey55 said:
@oc513 - Hahaha, I had to do somethings for the Pillar bub that I will take to the grave with me, no donkeys involved though! Seriously though, I had to jump through some serious hoops to get these pieces made but now that I have them, it was well worth the hassle. I will say this though, VG's circ is better than any other circ I have tried, this includes gridded ones as well. He must have some tiny, proprietary saw because the slits in this thing are ridiculous thin and I think those thin, sharp edges makes it diffuse even better.
lol.......as long as no animals were hurt or defiled during the acquisition its all good. I would imagine I would do some crazy things for a mini pillar or pillar bub.
I was having a similar conversation with a buddy the other day......basically in my reading up on glass & diffusion I came upon the issue of whether a gridded diffy fires on all grids.....it seems in most cases they do not fire on all grids on the inhale but will on the clear. There is even some YouTube vids, showing different diify's and how they fire on the intake and then the clear, backing up what I had read.I noticed my itza has very uniform thin slits that have sharp, almost look to be beveled edges and it fires from all slits at all times. I thought those sharp edges might help with "slicing up" the bubbles so to speak but wasnt sure.

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
stinkmeaner said:
2clicker said:
so is this thing available yet or whut???

:D

He mentioned a few posts up that they should launch around March if all goes well. He has also been keeping release updates in the Signature area of his posts. I want one also, but all we can do is wait, wait I will do gladly considering the advancements that the Cloud will be offering and finally at a fair honest price.

oh i know all of that

i thought the smilee face automatically meant sarcasm

me bad

2clicker,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
@stinkmeaner - Thank you for making those salient points. We look forward to the day you have a Cloud in your hand and we can get the SSOA aka Stinkmean Seal of Approval. We know you are a hard vaporist to please (along with many others on fc.com) but I'm confident you will walk away with all smiles.

I guess it does appear from my posts that I am tough to please. I just can not see anything that is not to like about the Cloud, I know I have not used it yet, but it just seems like it is exactly what a vaporizer in that price range should be. I had a question for you, we had talked about it earlier, if you a second at some point can you drop me a line at my new email vaporsmist@gmail.com. I lost your email.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OC513 said:
stonemonkey55 said:
lol.......as long as no animals were hurt or defiled during the acquisition its all good. I would imagine I would do some crazy things for a mini pillar or pillar bub.
I was having a similar conversation with a buddy the other day......basically in my reading up on glass & diffusion I came upon the issue of whether a gridded diffy fires on all grids.....it seems in most cases they do not fire on all grids on the inhale but will on the clear. There is even some YouTube vids, showing different diify's and how they fire on the intake and then the clear, backing up what I had read.I noticed my itza has very uniform thin slits that have sharp, almost look to be beveled edges and it fires from all slits at all times. I thought those sharp edges might help with "slicing up" the bubbles so to speak but wasnt sure.

That is something that I have been looking into myself regarding the gridded pieces and why I am so in love with pieces like the SGW Waffle, SG Stemline, and SGW gridded Showerhead. These are three gridded pieces where I notice all the holes firing for maximum diffusion. My SG Peyote Pillar's Peyote perc has 6 rows of grids and I can get about 4-5 firing at maximum inhalation. Although I do wish I could get the bottom two rows to be firing during vaporization, the Pillars provide an extra set of diffusion so it is something I can live with. Interesting point about the sharper edges on your Itza that aren't flame polished because I've heard that exact same theory from other people as well.

For me, when I judge a percolator, I am not only looking at how well it diffuses, but also what type of drag/resistance it provides, what kind of sound/feeling you get from the actual diffusion, and how evenly the slits/grids are firing. Then of course, the ultimate test is doing the blind rip and seeing which one you really like best if you take away one of your senses that provides the most feedback, your vision.

These are always interesting tests to do for yourself because in the glass world, the guys with the biggest names aren't always the ones that make the best stuff and the inverse is true as well. I have used many water tools from lesser name artists that I felt were just as good the big names. I ended up going with SGW, VG, and Sovereignty because I felt like these guys had the name recognition as well as the quality to back it up.

@stinkmeaner - incoming email

stonemonkey55,

Nycdeisel

ok guys move over, Im jumping on the bandwagon too. :lol:

Seriously, though, Im reading through as much of this thread as possible as to learn more about the VXC.

looks like things are going pretty well, and Im really diggin all the glass.

PS: love that custom build-a-bub, SM55!

Nycdeisel,

2clicker

Observer
Nycdeisel said:
ok guys move over, Im jumping on the bandwagon too. :lol:

i think the wagon is large enough for everyone

and i totally agree with stink in that this vape does indeed justify its price point

mr. monkey... have you doods been messing with the Rain piece at all?

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Interesting shop talk OC & SM.
SG pieces appear almost uniform, as if machined. The only place I really perceive hand work is the Stemline joints. Of course the gridded tree is another story. Mine leaned slightly off center, perhaps a couple of MMs. How you guys can eyeball how many grids are firing, I don't know? I'd have to shoot a movie to find out.

Pappy,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy said:
^ Interesting shop talk OC & SM.
SG pieces appear almost uniform, as if machined. The only place I really perceive hand work is the Stemline joints. Of course the gridded tree is another story. Mine leaned slightly off center, perhaps a couple of MMs. How you guys can eyeball how many grids are firing, I don't know? I'd have to shoot a movie to find out.
That is how I found out Pappy.....I shot some movies and looked in the mirror while hitting the piece. My circ or trees are not gridded so they all fire at all times but other gridded pieces do not fire on inhale it seems. SG's Peyote seems to only fire from the top half or 2/3's on inhale and then they all fire on the clear. There are a few videos on YouTube showing diffferent brands and types of diffusers firing in slo mo and you can see clearly how many grids fire. Funny you say SG's pieces seem almost machined.....I believe his screen name on one of the other sites is "Machine Maker"

OC513,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@nycdeisal - it is about time you hopped on, didn't know what I had to do to get you to join the wagon :D

Here's a sneak peek of what's to come
photo-1.JPG

@2clicker - yes, still messing around with the Rain although main focus right now is on the Cloud. I think going with a smaller torch to slow down the heat up time has proven to be a good method to keeping the Rain alive for longer heat/cool down cycles. We're still experimenting with a few different things to make it more durable but as soon as I have something close to a final unit, I'll be sure to let you know.

@pappy - nice vid! looks like you're gonna need a cameraman to help out in the near future.

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom