Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
luchiano:

If health and potency is what you want for most of your sessions a slow raise is the way to go. Of course changing it up and getting fast thick vapors is cool also but not for most sessions if you truly want to get blazed and not just enjoy the ritual.

i prefer the slow rise method as well, and when combined with a proper exhale technique, it can be incredible - :ko: . however, its not always possible for me to enjoy myself that much due to time constraints. i just want to be able to have the option of hitting high temps, for a quick trip to the clouds!

notmyrealUSERname,

malawigold

Landrace Advocate
this analyzation of vapor further encourages my idea that vaporists are scientists moreso than stoners
(never said we weren't big stoners we're just bigger scientists :p)

malawigold,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Skunkypete said:
I suggest reading this thread for a good discussion on high temp vaping and benzene release.

I'm starting to get on the low temp bandwagon as well and I'm glad to see SM55 pushing it and designing a vape that maximizes the experience. While I get some people like to blow huge clouds , there's plenty of vapes on the market that already do just that.

Actually if you read that thread you'll see that post #3 is from me:

DeepFried said:
willieR said:
It's pretty clear that many of us have our vapes set higher than required to get what we want. Further, I believe that the presence of non-cannabinoid by-products affects the buzz. These by-products are released at temps higher than THC volatilization and may not be good for us.
For example THC is volatilized at 185C. At 200C Benzene is also volatilized.
I already posted this in response to your same theory in the Iolite thread and will post it here as well:

yes that study [or more accurately..group of studies] has been on forums forever. However if you research a little deeper you will find a lot more studies that also point to higher temps being needed depending on which cannabinoids you wish to release. Case in point, the study you linked to has:

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

where as a much more controlled measurement has it at 206.3C
http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.2446.html

In regards to Benzene, Chemspider lists it as Boiling Point: 78.8 C at 760 mmHg
http://www.chemspider.com/RecordView.aspx?rid=2a57dd4d-0ffe-41f4-aab2-0ceffa91a3f6
so depending on where you read the data from you could be getting Benzene way before even THC vaporizes.

@Luchiano, thanks for the explanation on the blue vapor, I had a feeling benzene had nothing to do with the color of the vapor but could not find any articles on the subject.

DeepFried,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can I ask a really stupid question? What the hell is Benzene, and why should I avoid (and/or seek) it?

:/

Stu,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I had a random thought about the VXC today:

The hydratubes are definitely quite spectacular, but could you imagine some of the possibilities for closed-mouthpiece designs :brow: (like the mouthpiece of a bubbler instead of a bong) for the Cloud. Many nice designs (the waffle, the pilliar, etc.) are like this for their actual design anyhow, so.... :D

I keep thinking about all of these awesome things that can be done with such a basic and functional design like that of the VXC, but first the base unit should be tuned to perfection and distributed to all interested (of course). ;)

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Very, very good stuff. Thank you very much for the education and this is just another reason why I love this forum so much. The explanation for the blue hue of the vapor is very, very interesting. I will definitely take this information back and discuss with the individual that initially told me about blue vapor to see if he can add his 2 cents.

This is definitely one of those times where I wish I had more free time to really dive into this subject as I find it very, very fascinating and since we are (mostly) all vaporizing for health reason, finding the "optimal" way to vape is very important to me.

@Luchiano Just so I am understanding right, let me know if I am on the right path. I will be using arbitrary numbers here, I just want you to confirm whether or not I am following your post correctly. In order to avoid toxins that would be released at 400, I should start low, vaporize the low temp cannabinoids and then slowly move the temp up until I reach 400. By using this technique, essentially you get rid of the toxins that would be released if you started at 400 degrees. Am I following your post correctly? If so, then I am happy to say that this is the technique I have been using all along.

@Progress Funny thing you bring that up! As you know, I rarely use tubes myself and prefer bubbler mouthpieces. In my informal market research, more people seemed to prefer tubes over bubbler style mouthpieces which is why we designed our HydraTubes this way. Being that we have limited manpower for blowing glass right now, we are sticking with HydraTubes for now but HydraBubbs will be created down the road for sure.

@smarc The SG tubes have all been accounted for, I am trying to get SG to make more but he has other orders that he needs to fulfill. Go ahead and sign up for one, if anyone drops off the list, you will be in the queue of people that can order the remaining SG Gridded HydraTubes.

stonemonkey55,

jhpfunk

Although it sounds terrific, from the comments of late, it seems like this vape is still a ways away from being ready. is this correct?

jhpfunk,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
jhpfunk said:
Although it sounds terrific, from the comments of late, it seems like this vape is still a ways away from being ready. is this correct?

I'm happy to say that you are incorrect. We are in final testing phase and just fine tuning now. We were hoping to be ready by the holiday season but we won't be too far off. Expect the Cloud to be launched in early 2011 but no finalized date as of yet.

stonemonkey55,

Beezleb

Hehe, I also forest gumped my way into vaping that way too, starting low and working up.

Beezleb,

Pappy

shmaporist
This post is a warning as well as an observation. The more I get into glass the more apparent it is that the Achilles Heel of both my DBV and EQV (both of which I love dearly) is the whip -- not the glass -- the tube. Whether bonging or whipping condensation forms in the tube that traps a layer of honey and particulates I'm sure most are familiar with.

I recently got congested and started coughing (due in no small part to the Santa Ana winds). But the real culprit was a dirty whip! The bong does such a good job of filtering it's easy to become lax. So what does this have to do with the VCX? One thing that differentiates the Cloud that I'm looking forward to is an all glass air path. I know I can turn my Arizer upside down (san the whip) and use it like a heat gun but I haven't gone there yet. So until the Cloud comes out I post this warning...

Keep an eye on your whip and change it often... A dirty whip can screw up your lungs and your bong! ;) :2c:

Pappy,

luchiano

stonemonkey55 said:
@Luchiano Just so I am understanding right, let me know if I am on the right path. I will be using arbitrary numbers here, I just want you to confirm whether or not I am following your post correctly. In order to avoid toxins that would be released at 400, I should start low, vaporize the low temp cannabinoids and then slowly move the temp up until I reach 400. By using this technique, essentially you get rid of the toxins that would be released if you started at 400 degrees. Am I following your post correctly? If so, then I am happy to say that this is the technique I have been using all along.

Yep, that's it.

luchiano,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Pappy said:
This post is a warning as well as an observation. The more I get into glass the more apparent it is that the Achilles Heel of both my DBV and EQV (both of which I love dearly) is the whip -- not the glass -- the tube. Whether bonging or whipping condensation forms in the tube that traps a layer of honey and particulates I'm sure most are familiar with.

I recently got congested and started coughing (due in no small part to the Santa Ana winds). But the real culprit was a dirty whip! The bong does such a good job of filtering it's easy to become lax. So what does this have to do with the VCX? One thing that differentiates the Cloud that I'm looking forward to is an all glass air path. I know I can turn my Arizer upside down (san the whip) and use it like a heat gun but I haven't gone there yet. So until the Cloud comes out I post this warning...

Keep an eye on your whip and change it often... A dirty whip can screw up your lungs and your bong! ;) :2c:

My boss noticed any glass that has condensate with in it, he has several bongs that end up with heavy condensate and the likes because he barely uses water, if any spit makes its way down to where the condensate is, mold will form. Said he recently noticed this, and it only occurred in the glass pieces where either water or spit was allowed to touch the built up areas.
His theory is because of all the actual organic matter that makes its way past the screen, and the fact he sometimes doesnt use water, eventually builds up and gives pretty much an open salad bar for any mold or bacteria that finds its way in.
He now keeps his class as cleans as he can get it. (that, and it is a much better experience if the glass is clean anyways)

When i showed him the VXC first thing he asked was, "how you going to clean that?"
all of his pieces are enclosed bubblers so he has difficulty keeping his pieces clean. Showed him that the hydratubes look easier to clean than his intricate glass pieces.

DevoTheStrange,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ agree with your boss. I'm meticulous about cleaning glass but the dirty whip got by me. A $3 piece of plastic like the O Ring that did in the Space Shuttle! FWIW spit is more likely to wind up in a straight tube than a bubbler, bent neck, or lazy boy.

Pappy,

Raf007

Retailer
hey thx a lot for that advice ! As I newly use the direct draw wand from the LSV I hadn't really noticed how this could be a serious issue despite the fact that I have noticed that my throat is a bit more soared than when using the Volcano or a bong only.

Will keep that in mind...as well as all the informations about blue vapor.

SM: I think u got it right. From what I understood previously, by starting with low temp you allow some essentials oils (the oils that vaped at low temp)to get vaped instead of boiled/combusted if you had start with higher temps. Then you can finally vape the rest (that have a higher temp flashing point) without combusting those oils that have a lower temp flashing point.
Would that make sense ?

Raf007,

vapormonkey

Those are great observations and I totally agree. A dirty vapor path is just as bad as well, a dirty vapor path, and why I don't use a whip. I'd use a whip if I had a 500 foot role of tubing to replace after every use but then I'd be inhaling tube gas. Glass is easy to clean with sea salt and isopropyl alcohol and it doesn't react with the alcohol. Cleanliness is next to godliness when it comes to vaping and why I ask da monkey so much about cleaning.

vapormonkey,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Cleaning the HydraTubes will be very simple, just plug up the bottom and then Simple Green or Grunge Off soak and you are gold. I like to stay away from anything abrasive just because sometimes the vigorous shaking can accidentally lead to a tree arm breaking so I stick with soaking it in SG or GO for few hours and rinsing thoroughly.

Just got some pics from Vertigo for one of our VapeXhale demo pieces, enjoy!

photo%20(7).JPG

photo%20(8).JPG

photo%20(9).JPG

photo%20(10).JPG

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ congrats SM! What a piece.Use it well. Love the blue and white work. That's a non-gridded tree if I'm not mistaken?

Pappy,

vapormonkey

Wow! It even gots da cool blue and white Cloud colors. I'd like to see that color pattern extended to the actual unit itself.

vapormonkey,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vapormonkey said:
Wow! It even gots da cool blue and white Cloud colors. I'd like to see that color pattern extended to the actual unit itself.

I'm sure my wife would as well, these are our wedding colors and another way for me to trick my wife into letting me expand my glass collection. "Look honey! Vertigo did this in our wedding colors, can I keep it? pretty please?"

@pappy - yes, this is one of Vertigo's 10arm trees found in his HydraTrees, non-gridded

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
@pappy - yes, this is one of Vertigo's 10arm trees found in his HydraTrees, non-gridded
Let me know how she rips. On the subject of cleaning (a little off topic) do you think it's safe to flush the stem of a SG Stemline with water directly from the tap? I've been doing it but it occurred to be it's an awful lot of force, especially on full blast when flushing the bent neck. The bent neck duplicates a vacuum lock. SG must've put a lot of R&D into it!

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
stonemonkey55 said:
I'm sure my wife would as well, these are our wedding colors and another way for me to trick my wife into letting me expand my glass collection. "Look honey! Vertigo did this in our wedding colors, can I keep it? pretty please?"

bwaaahahahahahahahaha...

you dog!

oh and the idea of HydraBubbs has me super serially excited :brow:

is it 2011 yet?

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
vapormonkey said:
Find out how monkey glass is forged----->

Nevermind, this primitive site doesn't allow youtube embeds it seems.
but it does allow you to post the link :/

OC513,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom