Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
It's been stated previously that the Cloud unit alone (no tube) would be available for purchase separately later on, just like the Hydratubes will be. Sorry, but it didn't occur to me that you hadn't read that. I would highly recommend that anyone who's serious about getting one of these vapes, go ahead and plow through the thread to get all the info. Just zero in on sm's posts to make it quicker. An even quicker method that would allow you to read all of sm's posts in this thread would be to search, using his username as 'author search', using this thread for 'where to search', and use 'show results as' posts.

If we continue to get the sames questions that have already been answered (more than once), we'll start deleting the post content and just leave the above directions in the post-read or search before asking.

max,

vapormonkey

The choice of color of the plastic outer cover seems like what I lot of people want. Perhaps this customization thing is the way to go.

vapormonkey,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vapormonkey said:
The choice of color of the plastic outer cover seems like what I lot of people want. Perhaps this customization thing is the way to go.

@bl4ze - the aluminum heat shield should be swappable in the future. The assembly is simple enough where you should be able to swap it out yourself but we have not finalized the assembly process so I can't say 100% for sure. It is something we will be mindful of when we do get to that point.

@iamkrazy2 - when we were putting together the requirements for the Cloud, we discussed how much drag the vaporizer should have. We came to the conclusion that the user, based on HydarTube style could choose to add more drag but there was no way you could take away drag. With that in mind, we created the Cloud to be pretty much drag free.

The one thing that really stands out for me has how thick the vapor stays even when using stronger inhalations. I'll show you guys how fast the Cloud can fill up one of my larger pieces after thanksgiving dinner. I hope everyone is enjoying the day with family and friends.

stonemonkey55,

vapormonkey

I was just reading an interview with Mark McCoy of Vriptech who says the best way to vape is in one strong blast so-to-speak. Says more chemicals get vaped. I find this to be accurate. Slow low temp vapes are OK for very dry herbs but I always like a good strong short blast the best and probably why I still use the heat gun method. Still waiting on my VHW.

vapormonkey,
stonemon, may we vote 4 a color choice so first preorder get say a blu white green knobs, sumting majority says looks best plz? o :) & edit * if the heat is still a problem perhaps a few holes preforated @ top of cloud to help vent excess heat & may b a silicone ring atop so glass piece rest comfortably with cushion in between eh? yes vapemon or hooever lets jet get a purdy stonmon green blu turquise ozone purple perhaps thcx one wuv

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I hope everyone had an awesome Turkey day and are spending family time with their loved ones. I feel especially blessed since I have had a VapeXhale Cloud in my possession over the holidays and have been extensively testing it as much as I can. There are still a few things we need to work out like our user feedback system that lets you know when the Cloud has reached optimal vapor temperature but the Cloud's main purpose, which is to produce thick, clean, blue vapor looks to be on lockdown :brow:

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
stonemon, may we vote 4 a color choice so first preorder get say a blu white green knobs, sumting majority says looks best plz? o :) & edit * if the heat is still a problem perhaps a few holes preforated @ top of cloud to help vent excess heat & may b a silicone ring atop so glass piece rest comfortably with cushion in between eh? yes vapemon or hooever lets jet get a purdy stonmon green blu turquise ozone purple perhaps thcx one wuv

That is something we may be willing to explore in the future but in order to not produce any more delays, sticking with our standard colors will help us launch the Cloud sooner than later.

As far as the heat problem goes, we have pretty much solved this issue. The Cloud is warm to the touch, warmer than a Purple Days but it won't require any perforation at the top in order get rid of excess heat. In addition to using what we believe to be one of the world's finest and most advanced thermal insulators, PowerNerd3000 has been constantly fine tuning the heating algorithm to ensure that Cloud maintains proper heat with over heating the unit. More to come as I continue my testing.

stonemonkey55,

vapormonkey

If powernerd can build a variable, on demand vape engine..well then I'd say it'll work. That combined with this sweet glass will be perfect. I hope it works out.

vapormonkey,

elixsor

stonemonkey55 said:
which is to produce thick, clean, blue vapor looks to be on lockdown

Blue vapor???!?!?!

:brow::ko::o sounds cool!

What makes it blue the thickness of the vapor?

elixsor,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
elixsor said:
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
elixsor said:
Blue vapor???!?!?!

low temps of about 357 i tink

Thats crazy never heard of that sounds cool!

i have only just discovered the joys of blue vapor. there is a huge difference in taste - blue is better. i have seen blue vapor below 300, above it starts to get whiter. 380 is near max temps, for me, using an sv.

the sv (that i am currently in love with) only goes to about 400f with any accuracy. i would hope that the vapexhale can get to 440f or so... just to get the last bit of goodness from the meds.

also, can the vxc clear a bowl in two or three pulls - if you were to put it on a bigger tube, and use high temps to start with?

notmyrealUSERname,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
elixsor said:
stonemonkey55 said:
which is to produce thick, clean, blue vapor looks to be on lockdown

Blue vapor???!?!?!

Blue vapor is most commonly seen with low temperature vapor and is not unique to the Cloud. It has been theorized that when your vapor changes from blue to white, that is a visual cue that benzene has been released into your vapor. Any vaporizer that has an adjustable temp should be able to go low enough to produce blue vapor.

@notmyrealUSERname - At the highest temperature you can clear a bowl in 2-3 hits. That's a little hotter than I personally like to go, and I do think that you are getting benzene in the vapor but it sure is fun to watch people milk their pieces at that temperature. Since you own a Supreme, you understand how much faster it can fill a water tool, it almost looks like an oil dab. The Cloud offers a similar experience to this.

Tomorrow I will have to return my prototype Cloud to PowerNerd for some additional fine tuning (currently when you turn the knob to increase the heat, there is a long wait before the new desired temp is reached). This last test cycle has been very enjoyable and am feeling more and more confident that this product will not disappoint and will live up to lofty expectations. I'll continue to post some videos of the Cloud in action while we ramp up for our impending launch, can't wait to show you the Cloud with the Sovereignty Pillar Bubbler :brow:

stonemonkey55,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stonemonkey55 said:
Blue vapor is most commonly seen with low temperature vapor and is not unique to the Cloud. It has been theorized that when your vapor changes from blue to white, that is a visual cue that benzene has been released into your vapor.

I am interested in this theory as I love my high temp vapor to get all my CBDs. Where did you get the information that blue vapor has no benzene and white vapor does?

DeepFried,

2clicker

Observer
DeepFried said:
stonemonkey55 said:
Blue vapor is most commonly seen with low temperature vapor and is not unique to the Cloud. It has been theorized that when your vapor changes from blue to white, that is a visual cue that benzene has been released into your vapor.

I am interested in this theory as I love my high temp vapor to get all my CBDs. Where did you get the information that blue vapor has no benzene and white vapor does?

i always thought that the "blue" vapor was just thin vapor... ?

the thicker the vapor the whiter the vapor

lower temps produce a thinner vapor from my experience

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
I get blue vapor from Blue Dream
White vapor from White Rhino
Green vapor from Green Crack
Red vapor from Panama Red
Purple vapor fron Grand Daddy Purple
And eggplant color vapor from watching Quentin Tarantino movies!

Oh, and I want a Tiffany Blue VCX.
When will that color be available?

Pappy,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
stonemonkey55:

Blue vapor is most commonly seen with low temperature vapor and is not unique to the Cloud. It has been theorized that when your vapor changes from blue to white, that is a visual cue that benzene has been released into your vapor. Any vaporizer that has an adjustable temp should be able to go low enough to produce blue vapor.

@notmyrealUSERname - At the highest temperature you can clear a bowl in 2-3 hits. That's a little hotter than I personally like to go, and I do think that you are getting benzene in the vapor but it sure is fun to watch people milk their pieces at that temperature. Since you own a Supreme, you understand how much faster it can fill a water tool, it almost looks like an oil dab. The Cloud offers a similar experience to this.

hey great news! clearing tubes at high temps impresses most people that have never been exposed to vaporizing before - namely the people i have shown my sv to. so far no one has asked to try my iolite a second time, it just doesn't impress smokers. however, i can't wait to show off the vxc!! :cool:

notmyrealUSERname,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@Deepfried This was told to anecdotally which is why I prefaced it by saying that it was just a theory. There is a study on vaporizers that NORML sponsored using the Volcano vaporizer and I was told by someone who was involved indirectly about blue vapor being benzene free. As 2Clicker mentioned, blue vapor is usually whispier than cloudy, white vapor but if you look at some of my youtube videos, you will notice that I am getting thick AND blue vapor.

Whether or not benzene is present in white vapor, that is something that I would like to find out once VXL is cash flow positive and we can sponsor some tests on vaporization. There are different techniques that other vapes utilize in order to improve the hot gas extraction efficiency. Vriptech uses the venturi effect to achieve milky blue vapor and that is something I strived for with the Cloud. Low temp vapor doesn't need to be whispier/thinner vapor.

Maybe Skunkypete can add his 2 cents on this topic?

@pappy - you got a special lady you want to give the Tiffany colored Cloud to? So far, no timeline scheduled for different colored Clouds, still trying to just get the standard Cloud launched :D

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
you got a special lady you want to give the Tiffany colored Cloud to?
Mom's birthday is coming up soon and I got to get her to quit smoking those Virginia Slims... She has come a long way, baby! :D

Pappy,

smarc

Hey SM55 I asked this question early but probably got lost in the sea of posts.

Are the Sovereignty glass hydratubes spoken for with the pre-orders?

smarc,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I just wanted to clarify that the reason that I was personally applauding the thick, transparent, bluish vapor in the video that stonemonkey55 posted is because it is what I have personally learned to associate with the thickest and tastiest vapor.

IMO, pure/clean vapor should be transparent with the exception of color it takes on through the refraction of light (blue/violet being the one with the shortest wavelength, and therefore the most common).

On the contrary, any opaque quality to the vapor (aside from it's refraction of light) would be from particles in the vapor (IMO, vapor with other gasses like benzine would still likely appear blue as well).

That said, I imagine that the VXC can produce opaque/cloudy vapors that are much more similar to smoke in many ways (please correct me if I am wrong SM).

IMO, a video of the potential of the VXC to make 'smokey' vapor would likely impress many (although I would not prefer to be the one to have to make it). :D

edit: I am curious about what people have to say about this blue vapor theory and how to tell how pure/clean/concentrated their vapor is, so I created this thread http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=100352#p100352

Progress,

luchiano

I think the blue vapor may have something to do with size of the particles of water, lower temp oils and small air diluting it. I was watching a commercial where a lady was using a pressure cooker and I noticed that the steam coming directly out the hole of the pressure cooker was BLUE and not a little blue but HIGHLY blue but as the steam went a way from hole it became bigger and white.

I assume this was because the steam only became diluted with air very little in the first release of it but as it keeps going more air comes into contact with it and expands it and turns it white like like eggs whites which are clear and turn white when beat and air is introduced into it and turns to whip cream.

In the case of bud there will always be some water in it unless dry to a powder and this may be the main reason for the light blue vapor. The bud has more cells that can hold water than the oils we want so I think water may have something to do with the light blue vapor being released at low temperatures and the more moisture you have to an extent the more blue vapor you will have along with the lower temperature oils.

Also the size of the water vapor particles along with the lower temperature oils may be smaller than higher temp chemicals so blue light can reflect off of them better than bigger particle chemicals. This may be why you can get a blue vapor off of good fresh water hash because it will have a lot of lower temp oils being released before being burned by the flame and the small particles give a blue hue when seen in the light most notably the sunlight.

Here's an article about this:
http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/why-cigarette-smoke-is-blue-or-white/

"When someone is smoking a cigarette, aside from the hacking and coughing, have you ever noticed that the smoke curling off the tip of the cigarette is blue, but when the smoke is exhaled it's white? We know that some nasty things are happening to the lungs, but why does the smoke change color?

The smoke changes color because the size of the smoke particles changes. The smoke particles rising from the cigarette tip are very small, smaller than the wavelengths of visible light. Because the particles are so tiny, when most light waves strike one of them they are not reflected back like a bouncing ball, but only slightly deflected from their paths. This is called "scattering."

The various colors of light have different wave lengths, and the ones toward the blue end of the color spectrum are the shortest. So, the short, blue waves are scattered about more by the tiny smoke particles because they are closer to the same size. Since mostly blue waves are scattered about the area, we see the smoke as blue. Most of the other, longer wavelengths go almost straight past the particles and we don't see most of them.

Smoke particles that are sucked into the lungs are a bit bigger because they are not burned down completely. Many of them will remain in the lungs, hidden from the world until the biopsy. Many are exhaled, though, and when they come out they have changed again. While in the lungs, and on the way out, they pick up moisture so they become bigger still.

The particles are now big enough to reflect all wavelengths of light equally. When all the wavelengths are reflected back they make white light, and so the smoke looks white."

luchiano,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
I suggest reading this thread for a good discussion on high temp vaping and benzene release.

I'm starting to get on the low temp bandwagon as well and I'm glad to see SM55 pushing it and designing a vape that maximizes the experience. While I get some people like to blow huge clouds , there's plenty of vapes on the market that already do just that.

Skunkypete,

luchiano

Yes benzene gets released but that is why vaporizers are so nice, you can adjust the temperature slowly therefore eliminating the making of carcinogenics while still being able to go high in temperature.

The benzene is made from burning of the lower temperature chemicals but if you vape those first you have nothing to burn and therefore nothing being made and can go as high as you want or at least until combustion around 451f.

If people are high off of what they do now with small amounts of herb imagine how high they would be if they took in each of the chemicals in small amounts and not exhaling most of them which is wasting the herb and raising the temperature to the 400's and getting all the other chemicals in a higher amount than they are now. They would be blasted because they are keeping the chemicals in tact due to not burning them and they will be taking in smaller amounts which means they can absorb most of the chemicals which will give a stronger affect. Plus no carcinogenics being made. If health and potency is what you want for most of your sessions a slow raise is the way to go. Of course changing it up and getting fast thick vapors is cool also but not for most sessions if you truly want to get blazed and not just enjoy the ritual.

BTW, I think people forget that the study showed benzne being RELEASED at higher temperatures BUT this means it's being MADE at a temperature lower so in essence even though you vape at lower temperatures than over 392 and up if you eat your abv you are still ingesting the benzene. I'm not saying this is bad or good that is your decision but you should take that into consideration.

luchiano,

2clicker

Observer
luchiano said:
Many of them will remain in the lungs, hidden from the world until the biopsy.

fuck combustion!

for real though good stuff luchiano

all this info is going to have me really paying attention to all my vapor and its hues from now on :cool:

2clicker,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom