Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmclark23

Keep up the hard work SM et al!

Cant wait to be repping this product all over the place...the youtube vids have already dropped some jaws....even some set in their minds batted a quick eye on delivery of these thick vape streams thru the hydra apparatuses. No one around here had heard anything about the VXC but that is all about to change...

anmclark23,

Puget

mollusk
OK, so what Pelican or Storm hard case would be recommended for the kit with showerhead glass?
(I like to plan ahead.)

Puget,

vape4life

Banned for life
That would be nice for the FC Community to kind of give back for all the updates, efforts, etc. that I trust and would be willing to pay w/o a CC.

vape4life,

Troi

As exited as all of you are; cant wait to service and share the cloud with the world.

Troi,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
vape4life said:
That would be nice for the FC Community to kind of give back for all the updates, efforts, etc. that I trust and would be willing to pay w/o a CC.

For sure, a nice gesture. We just need to keep in mind that the payment processing capability is very important to VapeXhale's business model. Like most start-ups, the company needs to establish a marketplace presence, first using a direct sales channel before it can move to distribution channels. That means it needs to take orders using conventional online retail methods. Otherwise it's a garage operation. Not that some start-ups don't get going that way, but IMO VapeXhale is too deep into this to go that route. It's make or break time.

oldiebutgoodie,
Sorry if I'm being a bit of a dumbass by asking this, but

how do I go about getting my name on the pre-order waiting list, if this is even possible. Also, is it open to European users, or is a European distribution slated to happen once the pre-orders are fulfilled?

Thanks

Xhalerated,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Xhalerated said:
Sorry if I'm being a bit of a dumbass by asking this, but

how do I go about getting my name on the pre-order waiting list, if this is even possible. Also, is it open to European users, or is a European distribution slated to happen once the pre-orders are fulfilled?

Thanks
Go to vapexhale.com

SF Giant,

oldiebutgoodie

Xhalerated said:
. . . Also, is it open to European users, or is a European distribution slated to happen once the pre-orders are fulfilled?

FAQ

Will an international version be available?

Eventually yes, we will have international models compatible with European and Australian regions. The initial units will require a converter to work with non-US electrical outlets.

I don't recall seeing a timeline quoted in this thread. Besides the product option, VapeXhale will need to be able to handle international order fulfillment, either direct or through a channel in that region.

oldiebutgoodie,

anmclark23

I listened to an audio 'snippet' of an up close and personal session with a VXC during dopecast 295 today from a few mos back...quite cool! maybe u need a yankee voice over here to record one for ya :)

A gift to the world of aromatherapy !

anmclark23,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
obj why not take money orders. sounds to me that cash flow is becoming a problems because of the delays.Investors are interested in fulfilled orders , money in the bank, and a lot of buzz from satisfied customers. 3% adds up.

jackstraw62,

Nosferatu

MarcellusWiley said:
vapor 4 life said:
Anyone know how many people pre ordered? Just curious

the number is over 1000, that's all I remember from one of SM's updates.

So we can estimate that they have about 12 or 1400 pre-orders and if he said those would be done in a few months, hopefully that means they will be shipping 6 or 700 units this month, that would be nice!:D

Nosferatu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Has anyone come to a conclusion about which HT to get? I'm still not sure. I love the quick clearing of the Vertigo unit, not sure about the non recessed joint on the bottom, could be a collectors item one day . . The circ seems nice but I am thinking VXL will have a house branded one that will be awesome that I can get in the future . . I'm just not sure yet. I have NO glass right now and I feel I am going to be demoing this unit a lot so I am leaning towards the hydra-tree at this time. Thoughts?

Edit: Which HT would be easier to use with the HA?

t-dub,

oldiebutgoodie

jackstraw62 said:
obj why not take money orders. sounds to me that cash flow is becoming a problems because of the delays.Investors are interested in fulfilled orders , money in the bank, and a lot of buzz from satisfied customers. 3% adds up.

Am I "obj"? :lol:

I expect you're right that cash is tight, and of course 3% is nothing to sneeze at. Obviously this is VapeXhale's call. I would just say that handling cash transactions is not trivial, particularly in any volume. There is manual work required, additional overhead, and risk. Processors often provide back-end merchant support systems; start-ups/small firms need these to control fulfillment and the financials because doing so in-house is usually not feasible. I would expect VapeXhale to want to be able to fulfill at the most cost-efficient capacity while maintaining very tight fulfillment alignment. Additionally, it's important that the fulfillment process be quickly stabilized and that the merchant provider and channels see the business model working. At this point it's all about execution.

oldiebutgoodie,

oldiebutgoodie

t-dub said:
Has anyone come to a conclusion about which HT to get? I'm still not sure. I love the quick clearing of the Vertigo unit, not sure about the non recessed joint on the bottom, could be a collectors item one day . . The circ seems nice but I am thinking VXL will have a house branded one that will be awesome that I can get in the future . . I'm just not sure yet. I have NO glass right now and I feel I am going to be demoing this unit a lot so I am leaning towards the hydra-tree at this time. Thoughts?

I was really undecided about this, too. I like the Showerdome's recessed joint much better than the Hydratree's exposed joint. On the other hand, I understood that the tree has less drag and is smoother, which is also important to me. Later after talking with someone who has tried both I learned that the drag/chug in the dome can be controlled somewhat with the water level, and then there is the circ diffusion if that's what you prefer. I went with the Showerdome.

My :2c: YMMV and probably will.

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
Tree or dome works great. It comes down to personal preference, and I think most people, if just a single HT is the plan, would be satisfied with either. Here's probably the best description of what you get. From page 27 (which also includes a very good 'glass basics' post by sm)-

stonemonkey55 said:
Describing how the different HydraTubes hit is very difficult if you do not have any experience with any water tools in the past.

Durden's descrption does a good job IMO

This is all my opinion so don't get too crazy please, not gonna edit it just gonna ramble a bit and hopefully thatll be helpful tongue.

Think about the difference in the construction for a second. The circulator design has all the slits at the same level, so each has nearly equal potential at any point during the hit for the vapor to pass through. The slits are also vertical and the vapor is forced through the top part of slit as much as possible so the bubbles are small. Because the slits on the circ are farther out from the stem, the bubbles dont collide with glass or each other as often and stack more. The end result is a very uniform bubbly hit (once you displace the initial water) as more slits operate the harder that you pull/drag, that still has enough airflow for fast clears.

The tree has a slightly different construction, with 2 rows of slits (or grids) and often open ends on the bottom of the tree. This means that when you pull softly, the real action is taking place in the top row of slits/grids, and as you pull harder the vapor is forced further down the trees and out the other slits/grids, and sometimes coming out the bottom ends (and out of everything when you clear it). So the more you pull the more water is displaced as the bubbles form deeper in the water, where in the circ all the water is displaced in the beginning of the hit and as you pull your just pulling bubbles through the water. There are also more collisions of bubbles with the glass and each other so you get larger bubbles forming out of several smaller ones which dont stack as high.

Gridded trees make smaller bubbles so there is more initial diffusion, but there are still many collisions of the bubbles so they don't stack as high as circs. A good mix of both worlds.

Smaller bubbles mean more diffusion, but high stacks of bubbles dont always give the vapor time to condense. Bubble stacks preserve flavor more, and trees take slightly less overall effort to operate. Then again if the vapor is thick coming in it doesnt matter how its diffused youll get thick vapor coming out brow.

My tree feels more 'normal' to me whatever that means in the glass world, and I have much more experience using them than circs, but I love using circs and think they hit amazingly smooth.2c
I'd love to give you guys a clearer answer but without any previous experience with glass, it is hard to contextualize. Even when you do have previous experience with glass, sometimes the difference one feels when vaping is difficult to capture with words.

If I were to just give a description of a few words for each, this is how I would describe them:

ShowerDome - Drag free, nice rumble, great diffusion, medium sized bubbles.

HydraTree - "smoother" sounding, instead of rumble, more of a fizzy sound, diffuses great, medium sized bubbles.

Gridded HydraTree- Similar to tree, smaller bubbles, even "fizzier" sound

The bad news is that those are poor descriptions, the good news is, no matter which one you get, you can be sure that you are getting "best in class" diffusers for each diffuser type so you really can't go wrong.

max,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
I have a feeling that for maybe the first few weeks they will have to ship them out slowly like SM said, but don't you think the processing company will gain VXL's trust rather quickly? (Meaning all the company has to do is look at how consistent VXL transactions are).

I am optimistic that it won't take a few months to fulfill the pre-order list.

Mathair Naduir,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
^ for someone who doesnt have any glass, and who might not have glass-care etiquette implemented in their behavior, i would recommend the sgw showerdome. it seems less likely to break/tip over than the vertigo hydratree. (recessed vs protruding joint, dome vs tree perc construction)
just one opinion
:2c:

moodswing,
Does anyone have an e-mail contact for vapexhale?

I can't find one on their website, and their twitter doesn't seem to be functiional. Also, I'm not a facebook user, so cannot use that to contact them.

Xhalerated,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
max said:
if just a single HT is the plan,

I would gladly pay and just have both, but have no idea if this will be an option, so thank you for helping me engage in some mindless philosophy about the choice. Your the best Max and thanks for reposting what you did. I'm gonna ponder the possibilities. I keep trying to remember back to the 1980's when I used glass all the time but . . . its fuzzy back there.

@moodswing, yes breakage and handling habits are a huge issue, another great thing to ponder . . . Although I do have a space cleared in my lab refrigerator for whatever HT comes my way.

Edit: Right now my practical side is saying "get the circ. Its a great daily driver and less prone to breakage." My other side is saying "It looked like some wet lips with the circ, they'll make a better one later. Get the big hitter tree! It will respond to larger pulls that people will want."

Anyone else?

t-dub,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
t-dub said:
Right now my practical side is saying "get the circ. Its a great daily driver and less prone to breakage." My other side is saying "It looked like some wet lips with the circ, they'll make a better one later. Get the big hitter tree! It will respond to larger pulls that people will want."

Anyone else?

I don't think the circ HT is less prone to breakage vs. the tree HT, really. In my experience both styles of percs clean up very easily, especially when the piece is dedicated to vapor, so seeing as the HTs are more or less the same design when you factor out the percs I'd say the odds of breaking either during cleaning are pretty much the same. I think maybe the point that was being made was that due to the tree HT having a protruding joint at the bottom (vs. the recessed joint on the circ HT) the odds of that HT being knocked over or tipping are probably higher. I think.

You can't set an HT down on its side when they're full of water (you probably wouldn't want to do that ANYTIME anyway: since a HT is basically a glass cylinder it'd probably roll right off of most surfaces) so how stable it is when "standing", whether on its own or on some type of stand, is obviously important. IMO the whole HT principle is really cool but the "tip-factor" does seem to be a little high...I'd really love to see the HT stands once those are ready to be revealed. IF you're taking care of your glass however either of these HTs would be as "breakable" as the other IMO.

Maybe a more important thing to consider is how you like your hit to feel. Either perc will provide ample amounts of diffusion for vapor but the feeling of the hit should be a little different. The circs should be slightly "airier" (if that's a word) with more uniform bubbles and a little less drag. The trees should be a little tighter, with chuggier bubbles and slightly more restriction or drag. In real life the actual differences are quite small honestly, and it takes a lot of experience and a lot of attention to really "get it" :2c: In my experience it's sort of like wine...I can tell the difference between a good wine and a cheap wine for sure, but when you start asking for too much detail...ehhh they all get you drunk! That being said people get into glass just the same as they get into alcohol or food or art or whatever passion you want to name, so to each their own.

My personal preference of the two styles is the tree perc and I find of the two styles trees generally work better with vapes--although the VXC might be the "great equalizer" that nullifies that statement--but I picked the circ for my pre-order because of the recessed joint. I am hoping that in the future we'll see a lot more HTs and I am personally hoping more of them will use a recessed joint. In actuality though this may matter not at all, since if you have a good way to store them (a stand perhaps :brow:) and you use caution there is nothing that makes a HT with a recessed joint that much safer than one without.

:peace:

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
t-dub said:
I would gladly pay and just have both, but have no idea if this will be an option, ...
You can certainly get multiple HT's but I doubt it'll be right away. They'll probably want to keep it simple on the preorders.

Xhalerated said:
Does anyone have an e-mail contact for vapexhale?
VapeXhale and stonemonkey55 both have form email available.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom