Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

SD_haze

I use a very high water pressure water-blast to clean my ELBs after an ISO or PBW wash. Using the same bowls for over a year now and they still are held together. Some slight fraying but plenty functional.

Edit: not a water pressure cleaner. Just a sink head with a very strong setting.

//////

I will be the proud new owner of an OG Ticker Cloud in a few days! Thanks to pngwyn. I cannot wait to try this vape.

nice! +1 on the ticker love from @Vapinghole. mine is still performing as solid as ever as well. only with my cloud are there times during a session where i think wow, i accidentally got way higher than i anticipated. i love my other vaporizers, but the cloud is just :whoa:

exit

How's the OG Ticker stack up against the Cloud+ model? Hopefully I'll be able to see for myself soon either way...

Speaking of which am I correct in thinking the OG Ticker warranties are non transferrable ? I know about the thing where these older models are not being repaired for the time being but mainly wondering if I get it then it will be covered or not should it break?

Last edited:
exit,

super20g

Well this is a never ending money pit.

I paid the $500 for the first cloud, it breaks, they tell me $150 more for the plus and an extended warranty, it breaks, now it's $200 for the one with the bugs worked out?!

What's going on here?
This $500 vape is going to be around $800 when all is said and done, huh?

I am right there with you. I have the same investment in a nonfunctional cloud that has had an open support ticket since June.

What kind of company tells you that your under warranty product can't be serviced for 'a little while' until they finish moving their service department, and then when you check up on the open ticket 6 months later that they were supposed to keep you updated on, you are told that the unit STILL can't be serviced under warranty, but you can pay hundreds more once again to trade-in for the shiny new model, err, stand in line to trade-in for the shiny new model?

That is some pretty crazy stuff right there and seems like a lot of customers should be writing reports to the BBB, IC3, etc.

Last edited:

mestizo

I noticed in these forums a lot of support for this company, and a lot of people don't mind spending a lot of money for the next upgrade after the original product they purchased failed, and is not like they have more of an option, either they wait with a broken piece or throw more money on the next model as the only alternative option at the moment.
You know the funny thing?
The guy selling the non warranty, non supported " Fake Clouds" at eBay has been repairing the ones that break down and also the ones DOA.
At the same time he has taken a lot of crap from a lot of us (me included).
Curiouser and curiouser.

exit

I noticed in these forums a lot of support for this company, and a lot of people don't mind spending a lot of money for the next upgrade after the original product they purchased failed, and is not like they have more of an option, either they wait with a broken piece or throw more money on the next model as the only alternative option at the moment.
You know the funny thing?
The guy selling the non warranty, non supported " Fake Clouds" at eBay has been repairing the ones that break down and also the ones DOA.
At the same time he has taken a lot of crap from a lot of us (me included).
Curiouser and curiouser.

eBay can shut down your listings if you get too many complaints from your buyers. I wouldn't doubt he was overloaded with DOA & not-as-described complaints.

IMO I think this happened and he still has units to get rid of, probably got rid of most of them, but at this point probably is just throwing DOA returns in the garbage and sending other stock he has.

Remember he claimed to have over 1400 for sale at once point, but the auction was removed before even 300 Fakexhales sold.

Don't forget VXL has only been doing in house manufacturing since the EVO launch, I doubt they probably had the resources to take on repair jobs, combined with tight money situation etc

:2c::peace:

super20g

eBay can shut down your listings if you get too many complaints from your buyers. I wouldn't doubt he was overloaded with DOA & not-as-described complaints.

So what you are saying is that it is a good thing that VXL isn't selling through eBay or they would have been shut down a long time ago since fanboys wouldn't be able to keep them afloat like they do on the forums?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Has everyone forgot why they had to move on, and were/are unable to repair old units...and why the "guy on ebay" is doing what he's doing? If VXL could have been fixing your units all along, they would have...but I am pretty sure that would have made their "rising from the ashes" quite impossible. They had to separate to become what they are now. You can dig up old posts, or pm folks who know specifics, but the point is, they were being sabotaged and in order to stop it, they had to abandon the faulty old design, and move on to what everyone has decided is most definitely a solid improvement on the original.

Second, I believe if you wait long enough, you can get taken care of in a warranty manner somehow. I don't believe the warranty specifically says you'll get taken care of quickly. I know that sounds ass-hole-ish, but if you know how VXL operates, you'd know that they would only resort to leaving someone cloudless for an extended time, if they had no way around it. This situation is a great example of a time when they had no better option. The cost that EVO's were going at for those in a bind (broken cloud, trading in with 50$ store credit for broken unit) was already below what they needed to take in per EVO to keep afloat/rise up. So, they couldn't do any better, or they would have. They took from their personal savings, etc, to keep things going in a positive direction.

Yes, some of us may seem like "fanboys" for being so forgiving, or whatnot, of VXL. But, that is only the way it seems when you don't look at all of the facts on the table at once. They have clearly done anything they can for us, whenever it was possible without detracting from the greater good. What good would it be to quickly take care of a minority of owners with broken units, if it would mean the end of the who company/future in general? I would rather see down time temporarily, for a life time (or a longer time at least), of new/better/supported models. They clearly tried...but if they had continued with supporting/making/fighting for the old Cloud, I doubt most users with broken units would be in much better of a position. Also, I doubt we would be where we are now, in terms of EVO status.

While this may just be my own :2c: I am sure many others will agree with what I am saying. And furthermore, I think that if you do some digging and thinking about it all, you too will realize that things aren't quite as they may seem to be. I think that VXL is doing the best they can, and better than we technically could ask for. Shit, just look at all of the whining posts that we have thrown at them (myself included!) over the years, and they are still as transparent as they are with us, and fighting to provide a tool of mass extraction to the masses! What more could we really ask for? ;)

Last edited:

exit

So what you are saying is that it is a good thing that VXL isn't selling through eBay or they would have been shut down a long time ago since fanboys wouldn't be able to keep them afloat like they do on the forums?

I have no idea how you could have possibly extracted that from what I wrote. Nothing I wrote has anything to do with any of that.

As someone who has been selling very reguarly on eBay since 1998, and shut down my account last year to the unfairness towards sellers. So yes, sure, since you brought it up, it is a good thing VXL hasn't been selling thru eBay.

Maybe you don't sell on eBay so you don't know, but for the last few years buyers can scam their sellers very easily even if the sellers have done nothing wrong and have taken eBay's steps to make sure they won't get in trouble? If VXL had themselves tried distributing thru eBay, it would be a fucking nightmare. Not for VXL themselves, but the amount of abuse they would have to withstand from customers, and the amount of time they would spend dealing with eBay to keep eBay from screwing them over.

it is not worth ANY manufacturer's time to sell thru eBay. If a distributor wants to use eBay as their platform, that's fine.

eBay is good for dumping your stock of what you have quickly and for decent money. Anyone who tries to make a business distributing their stock thru eBay is fucking insane or has no idea what they're getting into. Literally ANY company would have to be dumb as shit to sell their own product thru eBay (the only exception I can think of being non-electronics. AKA something customers cant screw up, or claim arrived dead, or what have you). If they knew what they were getting into and did it anyway, I would NOT buy from that company for it is nothing more than stock dumping.

Take it from someone who sold on eBay for 14 years with a 100% positive feedback rating until 2012, or don't. I don't care, I am just calling it as I see it.

My last day on eBay was selling a friend's old PS3. I know it worked fine. I have been shipping things for nearly 20 years on an almost daily basis. I certainly know how to pack things up. The PS3 showed up, seller claimed it was DOA. Refused to send me any proof. I said I could not honor the warranty unless I got the PS3 back in the mail or saw proof otherwise. Never got any proof. Buyer raised the case to eBay. eBay gave him a return shipping label, punished me for selling a bad item. A week later I got an 100% empty box from UPS with the eBay return label. I said to the UPS guy, doesn't this feel a little light? I had no choice but to accept it. UPS marked it as delivered and 5 minutse later eBay took the money out of my account and gave it back to the seller. After that, I deleted my eBay account. Now imagine where VXL would be if they had to deal with assholes like this on top of everything else?

Simply put if you understand what is at risk running suddenly it makes more sense why they do the things they do?

I am not commenting on your fanboy comment. If someone wants to call people who have supported VXL to date fanboys, whatever. The two VXL's I have owned I love them both but one was the Fake one on eBay and the other was a used VXL. So i am not one of the people who has given VXL my money time and time again.

From my experience running a startup you're going to run into a ton of problems and deal with a lot of people who think they deserve more and better. i think VXL has been doing a very respectable job of handling their many, and very serious, setbacks and complications along the way. It frankly does not matter to me in the least what you think of VXL but I won't have words put in my mouth.

Last edited:

super20g

No trolling. Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
I have no idea how you could have possibly extracted that from what I wrote. Nothing I wrote has anything to do with any of that.

Dude, I was trolling... Sorry to send you down an eBay rabbit hole...

I am a cloud consumer like most others here. I think the cloud is a nice vaporizer, when it works.

All I am looking for is a working product.

I have had an open support ticket to have a cloud repaired under warranty for 6 months.

I have been told there is no date to have this unit serviced.

The only thing I have been told is that if I send in my unit, I can pay a few hundred more dollars once again to finally get a working unit...

500+ original purchase, multiple shipping charges to have defective units repaired, another 150 to upgrade to cloud+, now can't get that unit serviced under warranty, and they want another 250 to swap the unit for a new model and that is my only option other than wait until when exactly to have the defective cloud serviced?

That is insane... This company is operating waaay too loosely. And this is just one customer's story for one particular set of problems.

I am glad you have a functional unit, plenty of others either do not or have had a heck of a time obtaining one over the past year or two.

exit

Dude, I was trolling... Sorry to send you down an eBay rabbit hole...

Ahah its no worries really.
I was helping a friend with an ebay disaster earlier tonight. Plus VXL threads have a history of getting rough.

So I had a couple drinks and vaked with my Clouds and set off to the boards ready to fire... ;)

I still stand by my earlier statement that the current situation is very unfavorable for current cloud owners. Personally I think knowing what they've been through I find their behavior to date to be respectable and I hope to have the funds to get my own EVO soon.

To date I have only bought used Clouds but I feel happy enough with them I wish to support the company?

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@mestizo
@super20g

You may not have picked up the reasoning why in this thread, but vxl doesn't have access to the parts to repair broken clouds during the legal process. The $250 'option' to get the evo was for those who didn't want to wait out the legal process (who does?). As far as I know, they will still be honoring warranty repairs when they become possible.

and yeah, it is a shitty situation for everyone except the asshole taking those cloud parts and selling them on ebay when they could be used to fix our broken units.

our only options as consumers are to wait it out or fight it. We could all go the BBB route and file complaints, but ultimately that would sink the ship for all of us. I take comfort in knowing that vxl is still here and hasn't tried to run and hide, so I choose to patiently wait it out. good vibes are better than bad.

Ripbongs420

vapiff
They have clearly done anything they can for us, whenever it was possible without detracting from the greater good.

I feel that is the main point. They are doing everything they can and if that doesn't satisfy you then I personally feel bad for you. If they could wave a magic wand and fix everything I'm sure they would, but this is reality. I commend SM55 and the VXL crew for making the choices they have had to make, but maybe I'm just a fanboy.

jpdnkstr

I don't even have my cloud yet so I couldn't possibly be a fanboy,I just won't do dirty business. in defense of the seller on ebay he may not have known the situation, but I still chose to purchase a used unit from a member on here at a higher cost we'll see how she goes in a couple days!

@mestizo
@super20g

You may not have picked up the reasoning why in this thread, but vxl doesn't have access to the parts to repair broken clouds during the legal process. The $250 'option' to get the evo was for those who didn't want to wait out the legal process (who does?). As far as I know, they will still be honoring warranty repairs when they become possible.

and yeah, it is a shitty situation for everyone except the asshole taking those cloud parts and selling them on ebay when they could be used to fix our broken units.

our only options as consumers are to wait it out or fight it. We could all go the BBB route and file complaints, but ultimately that would sink the ship for all of us. I take comfort in knowing that vxl is still here and hasn't tried to run and hide, so I choose to patiently wait it out. good vibes are better than bad.
Stonemonkey has stated at various times that there will be a different heater part that will be used when repairs are "feasible" to make, not anything from teamheater. It seems like the impending trial, and the fraudulent sales of parts would have zero to do with such repairs.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-610#post-416782

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-624#post-420886

stickstones

Vapor concierge
not that it matters, but I believe you are mistaken. if they had access to the parts, they could fix them. but they don't have access, so they will have to produce new and slightly different parts for repairs after the legal shit shakes out. it is the legal situation that is causing the delay.

the assembly and sale of the fakexhales has no effect on this situation. that's just a sleazy manufacturer continuing to be a sleazy manufacturer.

mestizo

My comment above was in response to a what sounded like a complaint by a member who later admitted to be trolling. I confess, I don't know what transpired prior, during, and after SM55 broke up relationships with this manufactured, I was just making a comment/stating a fact, I have no interest either way.
And definitely, don't want to keep beating on a dead horse, that wasn't my intention, sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:
not that it matters, but I believe you are mistaken. if they had access to the parts, they could fix them. but they don't have access, so they will have to produce new and slightly different parts for repairs after the legal shit shakes out. it is the legal situation that is causing the delay.

the assembly and sale of the fakexhales has no effect on this situation. that's just a sleazy manufacturer continuing to be a sleazy manufacturer.
It actually does matter quite a bit to me. I understand perfectly that they don't have the cash right no to take in all the faulty units out there...

What I still fail to understand how their legal situation is preventing them from putting a heater and some wires on a glass tube... But maybe it is not my place to understand such things...

So if the trail/decision is a factor holding up their ability to honor warranties, could @stonemonkey55, or other VXL staff please let the customers know when this trial or whatever will actually be taking place?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
It actually does matter quite a bit to me. I understand perfectly that they don't have the cash right no to take in all the faulty units out there...

What I still fail to understand how their legal situation is preventing them from putting a heater and some wires on a glass tube... But maybe it is not my place to understand such things...

So if the trail/decision is a factor holding up their ability to honor warranties, could @stonemonkey55, or other VXL staff please let the customers know when this trial or whatever will actually be taking place?
That's the whole point. They can't tell us really. They have said that they have been advised against publicly speaking about the whole deal. This isn't exactly your everyday situation. Most companies would have said screw it and folded if dealt the hand that VXL was. They chose the high road, and with it comes a lack of transparency in some aspects. Like I said previously, dig, or PM members with more specifics, and you can probably figure it out better. But to me, it makes enough sense from what they posted in the past about the situation.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The Cloud uses a custom heater. The manufacturer has access to them and has the ability to build more, while VXL does not. This is how the counterfeit Clouds are getting repaired while the genuine ones aren't.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
With all due respect @Purpl3_Haz3, VXL elected to tell us that they have an impending legal situation, they weren't coerced. It is not at all improper to tell someone the date of a trial, that is not disclosing any details harmful to their cause. I wouldn't ask them to do that.
With all due respect, as always...I never said they were coerced to tell us about the legal situation. I said they have been advised against speaking about it any further. Certain posts are no longer available AFAIK...but there are a few still where they mention that they have been advised against publicly speaking about the relationship with the previous manufacturer, etc. The point is that, until it's over, they really have to be hush hush about it from what I've read.

Top Bottom