Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

olivianewtonjohn

I have a question, (n00b) question that is

On 12oclock how hot should the "hot plate" be? Really hot or barely hot? I know they vary but in general.

olivianewtonjohn,

Rusty778

Getting Lost
It depends on how long the unit has been on for, but after say 30 mins the top plate should be hot to the point it can't be touched for more than a second.

John Lewus

I would agree. I keep mine at 10am and on for hours at a time with a wemo and it is too hot to touch for more than a second. That why they stamped "hot" on the metal ;)

exit

i can get amazing huge hits with a dry mouthpiece but with a hydratube (vaporblunt style) or bong i cant get anything. whats with this?

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

WaxOnWaxOff

i can get amazing huge hits with a dry mouthpiece but with a hydratube (vaporblunt style) or bong i cant get anything. whats with this?

are you sure it's making a good seal? you can test by putting your finger over the bottom of the bamboo. if it creates a vacuum when you inhale through the hydra tube then you have a good seal. if not, your inhaling air that isn't passing through the vaporizer.

If the GonG joint is too far recessed on the VB hydratube you could always use a 18mm extension.

exit

Actually no i must have had no idea how i did that lol because i'm back to not getting hits wheras i get crazy hits with the dry mouthpiece!

I know I have a good seal. It must be somewith my techique?
The Persei with a Hercules with that hydratube is mindblowing and dead simple!!!!

I felt/listened the pressure in the bamboo when I was pulling it with the dry mouthpiece, and made sure I was pulling hard enough it was just "as fast" with the hydratube on top as with the dry mouthpiece of that makes sense.

The weird part is the other day with the hydtratube, i was hitting it for like 15 minute and only got wisps, then shut it off and like my 2nd hit after i shut it off, i was just getting masssive clouds until there were none left. I don't get it!

I have a question, (n00b) question that is

On 12oclock how hot should the "hot plate" be? Really hot or barely hot? I know they vary but in general.

Mine only gts kind of hot. I can touch them on the top metal part for a few seconds and even then i'd expect it to be hotter. Then again i have a fakexhale so its prob just gonna shit the bed.

Last edited:
exit,
Reactions: ataxian

TheNOTORIOUS_THC

Formerly Way2krdn8d
Thought I'd share a add-on mod I've been using with my Cloud(s):

I Took a silicone sleeve from a travel coffee mug and pulled it onto the outer top of the external case (dual purpose in the heat protection as well as adding material for the "tervis(c)" cup handle quick/swap holder to fit over and hold tightly. I never worry about jointlock anymore with any HT's when holding the Cloud by the handle; something about changing the pressure points I suppose. One other cool bonus (if you're clumsy like I can be) is that it protects the Cloud amazingly well against spills and knocks.

:peace:

wisherly

Does anyone else torch their ELB's before using them? I noticed that a lot of oil or something burns off of them when doing so. I want to burn all of that off, but don't want to weaken the connections on the ELB to much. The ELB that I did torch completely fell apart a few days later, so I'm curious what others are doing.

wisherly,

John Lewus

I don't mean to be sarcastic, but what reclaim? I don't have any to speak of from my ELB's.

If you don't clean your ELB's very often they do get sticky especially where the vapor flows through the cap. There is some good reclaim there. I clean my ELB's with PBW after 2 or 3 uses and they come out super clean each time. However part of me thinks I should be trying to reclaim off the ELB's. I just find it a bit inconvenient because if I soak in iso then bits and pieces come off and float around my iso. It just becomes more of a hassle than what I think it is worth.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
If you don't clean your ELB's very often they do get sticky especially where the vapor flows through the cap. There is some good reclaim there. I clean my ELB's with PBW after 2 or 3 uses and they come out super clean each time. However part of me thinks I should be trying to reclaim off the ELB's. I just find it a bit inconvenient because if I soak in iso then bits and pieces come off and float around my iso. It just becomes more of a hassle than what I think it is worth.

I brush clean mine after each use which removes most of the particle residue. After 3-4 uses there is enough particle build-up in the ELB pores to require an ISO bath; I use a 100ml flask. With 8 ELB's having soaked, there is still only a very small amount of particles at the bottom of the flask and the alcohol is a light-to-medium brown. (I pour the ISO thru a coffee filter to strain out the particles and reuse the ISO, which is good for several bath cycles.) I can't imagine that it would be worth the time/effort to try to squeeze for reclaim, there is so little of it.

John Lewus

I brush clean mine after each use which removes most of the particle residue. After 3-4 uses there is enough particle build-up in the ELB pores to require an ISO bath; I use a 100ml flask. With 8 ELB's having soaked, there is still only a very small amount of particles at the bottom of the flask and the alcohol is a light-to-medium brown. (I pour the ISO thru a coffee filter to strain out the particles and reuse the ISO, which is good for several bath cycles.) I can't imagine that it would be worth the time/effort to try to squeeze for reclaim, there is so little of it.

That sounds like a lot of work to clean. I use a brush as well but there are still bits in it. For me the easiest is to soak overnight with some hot water and a teaspoon of PBW. If I need them cleaned between sessions I pour in boiling water and that cleans them up in 20 min. Brand spanking new ELB's. I don't save the leftover PBW water ;)

John Lewus,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ISO is good, PBW is really good as well. Use both, PBW first, and things get super duper clean. I am experimenting with an ultrasonic cleaner, it works fantastic. I float an iso container in a water bath in the ultrasonic with proper ventilation (don't try this at home) and the results are crystal . . . :)

t-dub,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
ISO is good, PBW is really good as well. Use both, PBW first, and things get super duper clean. I am experimenting with an ultrasonic cleaner, it works fantastic. I float an iso container in a water bath in the ultrasonic with proper ventilation (don't try this at home) and the results are crystal . . . :)

I ordered a cheap, small ultrasonic cleaner after reading about yours. Brilliant idea to clean ELBs. :tup:
Think I will continue to initially throw them in ISO container as they get dirty, then when I'm down to my last clean ELB I'll throw the dirty ones in a hot PBW ultrasonic bath.

I'll report back my results.

Here is the one I picked up for about $25 shipped on ebay.
sku032841_4.jpg

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I ordered a cheap, small ultrasonic cleaner after reading about yours. Brilliant idea to clean ELBs. :tup:

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner when I got my original Cloud to clean the ELBs. I'd take a small jar, put in the ELBs, cover with ISO and then put that in the cleaner. Fill the cleaner to the ISO level in the jar and then run it. Worked like a charm.

EXCEPT that after about a dozen such cleanings two of eight ELBs came apart at the seam. Now I don't know if that was coincidence or if the vibration of the cleaner had something to do with it, but for want of a clear explanation I stopped using the ultrasonic. Now I just soak half of my ELBs in ISO all the time so I'll always have clean ones quickly.

Sinclue,
Top Bottom