Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

weedemon

enthusiast
How would you guys compare VapeXhale to Arizer Extreme and Volcano?

the difference is very noticeable.

the cloud has nearly no airflow restriction it breathes very easily. the flavour is so much more pronounced in the cloud and the vapor is less "dry" and also less warm.

all 3 do the same job in the end, but the cloud has nailed the finer details of the operation.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I must say the White Walker (:p) looks cool as well!

show

By the way, how thick will the bamboo glass be? 5mm? 7mm? less?

That looks amazing! I would love a white one over a black/grey one. beautiful :)))

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sorry to beat a dead horse here but I need some clarification for a friend.

My friend has a cloud that is still covered by the 1 year warranty. His cloud died. If he buys the $250 package what does he get? Obviously he gets a new nimbus, but will he get his cloud repaired as well? Otherwise he feels like his warranty was made void by the release of the nimbus, which kind of sucks for him.

I'm hoping to get an official answer so I can show him and say "see they will take care of you, chillax!"

I see his point of view completely, he has warranty time left, and doesn't want his only option to be "pay $250 for a new one". He wants to pay the $250 for a new one AND have his current $500 vape fixed so he is back in business.

Personally my ticker is running great, so I'm very excited that I get the nimbus for $250 AND have this ticker as a backup cloud.

darkrom,
Reactions: Sinclue

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

My friend has a cloud that is still covered by the 1 year warranty. His cloud died. If he buys the $250 package what does he get? Obviously he gets a new nimbus, but will he get his cloud repaired as well? Otherwise he feels like his warranty was made void by the release of the nimbus, which kind of sucks for him.

I'm hoping to get an official answer so I can show him and say "see they will take care of you, chillax!"

I see his point of view completely, he has warranty time left, and doesn't want his only option to be "pay $250 for a new one". He wants to pay the $250 for a new one AND have his current $500 vape fixed so he is back in business.

Personally my ticker is running great, so I'm very excited that I get the nimbus for $250 AND have this ticker as a backup cloud.

Here is some clarity on the $250 trade in perk. Initially, this was only for the ORIGINAL owner of the Cloud but we accepted a few contributions from 2nd owners so we decided that we should be fair to everyone else and allow anyone that owns a Cloud to trade in their existing unit for the next generation VapeXhale vaporizer.

Here are the specifics:

If you own a functioning Cloud that is under warranty, you can upgrade and keep your unit.

If you own a functioning Cloud that is OUT of warranty, you can upgrade and keep your unit.

If you own a non-functioning Cloud that is OUT of warranty, you can upgrade and keep your unit.

If you own a non-functioning Cloud that is under warranty, you can upgrade and when you send your unit in, we will give you a $50 credit towards any VapeXhale purchase. (Folks who have already paid for the Cloud+ upgrade but have not received their replacement would be in this bucket, just open a support ticket and we will tag your account so you only have to pay an additional $50 to get Project Nimbus)

I believe this covers every scenario. On a side note, we've received several emails for an even higher tier so we introduced the Nimbus Family Member perk for $5,000. This perk will allow you to become a VapeXhale member for the weekend. We will fly you out to the next trade show that we do, housing, food, and clothing will be provided to you. When we win, you will be able to party with us! At the last Cup that we won, we partied at the American Idol house so it should be good times. If anyone wants to check it out, just visit the page.

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

We will replace his unit when we are back up and running per the original warranty. If he wants a Nimbus he can upgrade now for $250. If he wants a Nimbus upgrade after the campaign, he will have to pay full price at that point. That is what he must decide, we are happy to service him in any scenario he picks.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
If you can't have "Phoenix", how about "VapeXhale Revive"?

Makes you feel Revived! Like the mighty phoenix from the ashes. Or ABV, at least.

Anonymouse,

darkrom

Great Scott!
We will replace his unit when we are back up and running per the original warranty. If he wants a Nimbus he can upgrade now for $250. If he wants a Nimbus upgrade after the campaign, he will have to pay full price at that point. That is what he must decide, we are happy to service him in any scenario he picks.

Thats what I thought. I really appreciate the reply, and I'm sure it'll be the deciding factor on him getting the $250 upgrade. He explained that customer support told him he wouldn't get his cloud back which I knew had to be wrong. I really appreciate it man and I'll let him know right away.

darkrom,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Thats what I thought. I really appreciate the reply, and I'm sure it'll be the deciding factor on him getting the $250 upgrade. He explained that customer support told him he wouldn't get his cloud back which I knew had to be wrong. I really appreciate it man and I'll let him know right away.

Just so there isn't any confusion, if he does the $250 upgrade he doesn't get his Cloud back. He can get his Cloud+ fixed for free when we are up and running though. After we fix his Cloud+ if he wants to upgrade, then he will have to pay full price for a Nimbus. Hope that makes complete sense.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Just so there isn't any confusion, if he does the $250 upgrade he doesn't get his Cloud back. He can get his Cloud+ fixed for free when we are up and running though. After we fix his Cloud+ if he wants to upgrade, then he will have to pay full price for a Nimbus. Hope that makes complete sense.

Actually that caused more confusion :(

Lets make this simple, me as a working cloud owner did the $250 upgrade. I keep my working cloud, and get a nimbus. This is correct right?

So him as a broken cloud owner, with a warranty that is valid, what does he get with $250?

Sorry I'm usually not this dense, I just don't want any surprises.

darkrom,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

If he does the $250 upgrade he doesn't get his Cloud back. He can get his Cloud+ fixed for free when we are up and running though. After we fix his Cloud+ if he wants to upgrade, then he will have to pay full price for a Nimbus.

I'm confused too.

What if you pay the $250 upgrade now and your cloud works, but then quits working in a month or two. Do you just have to wait till October and all you get is a Nimbus and $50 credit?

Tweak,
Reactions: darkrom

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just moved 44 posts into a new thread in the Lounge: Vapexhale "Coming Soon" Ad Contest. Please put any further examples of your submissions there.

Note that this is not an FC contest. It is open to anyone, not just FC members, and if you want to enter just making a post in the new thread will not qualify. For more information, see the Vapexhale Facebook Fan Page.

Edit: I thought this was a Facebook contest but apparently entries should be posted to the Indigogo page. I'm leaving the link to the Facebook page because there is still information there.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Actually that caused more confusion :(

Lets make this simple, me as a working cloud owner did the $250 upgrade. I keep my working cloud, and get a nimbus. This is correct right?

So him as a broken cloud owner, with a warranty that is valid, what does he get with $250?

Sorry I'm usually not this dense, I just don't want any surprises.

If he has a broken Cloud now, for the $250 he can upgrade to a Nimbus and get a $50 credit for his broken Cloud OR he can wait til we are back in production and we'll replace his Cloud for free (with another Cloud). Basically it's like this, if you don't upgrade now, you keep the same warranty and nothing changes but you won't be eligible for an upgrade in the future, you just pay full price for a Nimbus if you want one in the future. We're trying to incent people into upgrading their Clouds to Nimbus by giving a huge discount, if they don't want to, nothing changes, they just have to wait to get their Cloud repaired.

zeeg

I'm happy to report that I have contributed towards the $250 perk. To be honest, I had a bit of a rough start with VXL since I ordered just a few months back during a rocky phase for them. Since then, their customer service towards me has been exceptional and I was taken care of when my original Cloud broke ... it took a bit longer than I would have liked, but it's hard to not get cranky when your beloved Cloud poops out.

This company is now moving in the right direction and they are doing things the right way. I am pleased to see that they are going to persevere, weather the storm, and come out back on top. Locking up a Nimbus for $250 while being able to keep my current Cloud+ is just an incredible offer ... don't pass on it!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They can't offer Nimbus AND repaired Cloud. If they did that, a lot of people would be breaking their Clouds to get new ones or at least repaired with new parts - renewed. It sucks, but it has to be set that nobody gets terribly burnt.

EDIT: My heart just stopped few minutes ago. I tried to carefully clean the bamboo with iso as I started noticing not perfectly clean taste.
So I blocked one end of the bamboo, got a funnel in the top and slowly poured a little iso in. The ISO didn't make it through the tiny restriction! As my holes are of a 2mm diameter instead the normal 3-4mm. It overflowed and got inside these shells through misalignments on them! ISO was in insulation, electronics. It was horrible.
I feel stupid for letting this happen, I should have realised that it would be hard for any liquid getting through these below-average sized restrictions.

Luckily, the unit survived this. It took me like an hour getting the pungent smell off. Severaly cycles of heating the unit up, blowing at it with a hairdryer, blowing/sucking on these misalignments (that was awful, I was scared i will get ISO intoxicated). Now, my unit finally stopped reeking of ISO. And survived. I think I've depleted all my life luck here.

If you even try to clean the bamboo, be ULTRA ULTRA careful!

On a ligher note, this just proved how tough these units are. My unit has already survived:
-Fall on carpet from a meter, land on foot.
-Getting the male joint wet (forgetting drying the female joint on attachment)
-An ISO bath of almost whole unit few minutes ago
-Getting repeatedly heated up by hairdryer to the point I couldn't touch it anywhere. (Now the heatshiled temperature on max temp doesn't scare me anymore)

max

Out to lunch
zeeg said:
I had a bit of a rough start with VXL since I ordered just a few months back during a rocky phase for them. Since then, their customer service towards me has been exceptional and I was taken care of when my original Cloud broke ... it took a bit longer than I would have liked, but it's hard to not get cranky when your beloved Cloud poops out.
Sounds like you bought during the 'manufacturer from Hell' period. Nice to see you've been converted to a happy customer and are willing to praise as well as pan.

Seek said:
If you even try to clean the bamboo, be ULTRA ULTRA careful!
Good cautionary tale. Glad your unit survived.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Has it been determined if we have to send our working clouds in to get the nimbus now that I bought the $250 package? I'm hoping they found a better way. My ticker works fine now, and if it gets damaged during shipping I'd be down a cloud since they can't be repaired yet.

darkrom,

mmafighterthe25

Has it been determined if we have to send our working clouds in to get the nimbus now that I bought the $250 package? I'm hoping they found a better way. My ticker works fine now, and if it gets damaged during shipping I'd be down a cloud since they can't be repaired yet.

Some people don't have to send it in, depending where you live you can verify other ways

mmafighterthe25,
Top Bottom