Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
This is consistent with how my Plus feels. Also ultra slow pull with take the temp down.
This is my guess, how imy VXC would compare to my EQ:
34diznm.png

Cloud's curve is nicer imo.

Seek,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since I had the thermapen stuck down the male joint and not up the rear I had to blow through the female flared bottom to simulate as if I was sucking air through the male joint.

When you write a sentence like this, it just screams to be highlighted. I assume there was a reason why you didn't stick it in the female flared bottom.

I have to assume that your first recorded temperature (steady state) was 310°F not 210. The Cloud is supposed to be designed to maintain a steady temperature despite the draw. If my assumption is correct, your tests show that it does a decent job unless you do several fast hard hits. Even then it's not terribly far off.

I love this sort of testing.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
@John Lewus - i'd love to see the inside surface temp of the bamboo at its hottest spot(s) with the sensor in contact with the glass. and how that temperature changes with airflow. i was able to take my BBQ thermometer apart and put the sensor into the middle of the herb in my vial to measure actual air flow temp through the herb.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: ogcook

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
fwiw, SM posted this on indiegogo last night:

I've been hoping that this week we would hear more about those "updates" that Troi ref'd to, which I presume to be the "expectations" that Nimbus lives up to.

Side note: I wonder if more explanation re the Plus upgrade/warranty might not also be helpful to the campaign? Troi indicated that Plus repairs would resume with start-up of VXL's in-house manufacturing facility; does that include the Plus upgrades and will the Plus still be supported through the extended warranty period? That would seem to mean that VXL would have to either maintain different components (for the Plus as well as the Nimbus) or that the Nimbus internals can be retrofitted into a Cloud (does that make a Cloud Plus into a Plimbus?). Or???

We will start releasing more specifics but we will do it on our Indiegogo page as their staff told us the more we get people talking about on that page, the better it does on their SEO page. If you guys want to have more Project Nimbus (the launch name for this vape will have to change as there is already an e-cig manufacturer that uses that name) and ask us questions there. Thanks!

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Are you not going to keep the Nimbus name?...I don't think anyone will confuse an e-cig with that name with VapeXhale products...Nimbus is used for a number of product names...even a sailplane manufacturer has used that name for decades...hope you don't have to change it...it has grown on me...:)

poonman

We will start releasing more specifics but we will do it on our Indiegogo page as their staff told us the more we get people talking about on that page, the better it does on their SEO page. If you guys want to have more Project Nimbus (the launch name for this vape will have to change as there is already an e-cig manufacturer that uses that name) and ask us questions there. Thanks!

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

Which name came in 2nd for the New Cloud version ?
or
Did you not like it ? ( New contest )

poonman,

John Lewus

When you write a sentence like this, it just screams to be highlighted. I assume there was a reason why you didn't stick it in the female flared bottom.

I have to assume that your first recorded temperature (steady state) was 310°F not 210. The Cloud is supposed to be designed to maintain a steady temperature despite the draw. If my assumption is correct, your tests show that it does a decent job unless you do several fast hard hits. Even then it's not terribly far off.

I love this sort of testing.

I will do some more testing at the noon dial today. As I look back and read that sentence someone with a dirty mind could go crazy with it. :D

The reason I did not go through the bottom was the pen was too big and got stuck in the hole. Also, I wanted to measure the point where the air first hits the herb since that is the most relevant temperature to me.

The steady state temp of 210F is correct. It makes sense if you think about it. The heat has built up inside the bamboo where the air flows over it but it is not necessarily coming out the top especially with the ridges in the bamboo restricting air flow. Right as soon as I blew any air through the bottom there was an immediate 70 to 90 degree change. You could infer from this that leaving your ELB in maybe is not quite as bad as it seems as long as you don't have any air flow or pressure changes. That has been my observation as well from use. The steady state temp takes a long time to stabilize because the temp change from the air inside the bamboo to the air outside is pretty significant so even the slightest air flow or pressure change causes a temp change. I know this because I closed the door when everything was perfectly set and the temp adjusted 5 or 6 degrees until it settled back about 10 seconds later.

I am gathering some more data now at the noon position.

@John Lewus - i'd love to see the inside surface temp of the bamboo at its hottest spot(s) with the sensor in contact with the glass. and how that temperature changes with airflow. i was able to take my BBQ thermometer apart and put the sensor into the middle of the herb in my vial to measure actual air flow temp through the herb.

I can't think of a good way to measure that but does it really matter? What matters to me is the temp of the air right at the point it hits the ELB and that the PHS algorithm can respond to how fast the temperature is changing at the point where it measure the temperature such that the actual temperature at the point air flows through the ELB is maintained. This is a tricky balancing act especially considering that extremely hard pulls will lower the temperature of the air flow at the Male joint much faster than a slow pulls. Heat transfer is very much an analog system so you can never have it maintained perfectly. There will always be some variance whether it is 0.1 degrees, 1 degree, or 10 degrees.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Are you not going to keep the Nimbus name?...I don't think anyone will confuse an e-cig with that name with VapeXhale products...Nimbus is used for a number of product names...even a sailplane manufacturer has used that name for decades...hope you don't have to change it...it has grown on me...:)

Because we have an on-going legal discussion with Cloud V and Cloud Vapes ecig companies, we thought it would be hypocritical of us to try and keep the Nimbus name. We don't have definitive next name but this is still "Project Nimbus" until we have an official launch name. We would absolutely love to read some new potential names on Indiegogo page, we'll think of a cool prize for the contributor that gives us the next name. Throw in your suggestions here - http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Gotcha, SM...I understand your reasoning.

"Good guys finishing last" is not something I feel should ever happen to you and your company. You all deserve much success...and we deserve the Vapes that come from that success! :nod:

Shrike,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Because we have an on-going legal discussion with Cloud V and Cloud Vapes ecig companies, we thought it would be hypocritical of us to try and keep the Nimbus name. We don't have definitive next name but this is still "Project Nimbus" until we have an official launch name. We would absolutely love to read some new potential names on Indiegogo page, we'll think of a cool prize for the contributor that gives us the next name. Throw in your suggestions here - http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

I tried posting on indiegogo but i didnt want to make an account. Why not just change the cloud type for the name. Like Vapexhale stratus? Then you could have the saying Vapxhale stratus it will take you into the stratosphere or smething like that

MonarchX

How do I use up the resin collected in the glass mouthpiece? I was thinking just using a lighter and burning it off, but that would ruin the mouthpiece, wouldn't it? If only there was like a scrubber accessory. I badly need to get that resin out - its all I got and there is a lot of it!

MonarchX,

MonarchX

Also, I like to take my time while vaporizing and I was wondering whether herb is slowly getting used up when I am not inhaling? I like to pause for 5 minutes sometimes and then continue vaping, but I am afraid that heat, in general, will slowly use up the herb when there is no inhalation. What is ISO BTW?

MonarchX,

poonman

So the contest starts again ?
I like both the Stratus and the Nebula .
In fact all the Cloud related terms , Cyrrius , Storm .
But I guess , we just have to make sure it's Not already taken in the vape industry .

poonman,

luchiano

I will do some more testing at the noon dial today. As I look back and read that sentence someone with a dirty mind could go crazy with it. :D

The reason I did not go through the bottom was the pen was too big and got stuck in the hole. Also, I wanted to measure the point where the air first hits the herb since that is the most relevant temperature to me.

The steady state temp of 210F is correct. It makes sense if you think about it. The heat has built up inside the bamboo where the air flows over it but it is not necessarily coming out the top especially with the ridges in the bamboo restricting air flow within the bowl. Right as soon as I blew any air through the bottom there was an immediate 70 to 90 degree change. You could infer from this that leaving your ELB in maybe is not quite as bad as it seems as long as you don't have any air flow or pressure changes. That has been my observation as well from use. The steady state temp takes a long time to stabilize because the temp change from the air inside the bamboo to the air outside is pretty significant so even the slightest air flow or pressure change causes a temp change. I know this because I closed the door when everything was perfectly set and the temp adjusted 5 or 6 degrees until it settled back about 10 seconds later.

I am gathering some more data now at the noon position.

I can't think of a good way to measure that but does it really matter? What matters to me is the temp of the air right at the point it hits the ELB and that the PHS algorithm can respond to how fast the temperature is changing at the point where it measure the temperature such that the actual temperature at the point air flows through the ELB is maintained. This is a tricky balancing act especially considering that extremely hard pulls will lower the temperature of the air flow at the Male joint much faster than a slow pulls. Heat transfer is very much an analog system so you can never have it maintained perfectly. There will always be some variance whether it is 0.1 degrees, 1 degree, or 10 degrees.

First let state that was a nice experiment. Good job!.

As far as measuring the temperature inside the bowl where your herb is plays a big part in what will be extracted due to plant fibers or dense trichomes(hash/oil) cooling off the air. This is why going slow will give a better result, the air has more time to stay in contact with the herb, and extract as much as possible, instead of the air that doesn't have much actives filling your lungs like a fast inhale would do.

As far as thick clouds you can get thicker clouds on a fast inhale, if the temperature you use is high enough to extract a lot of substances form the herb, and the environment the vapor goes to is cool such as a cool water bong/hydratube/bubbler. This will cause the vapor particles to stick together due to the cool air slowing them down. This is probably why some get thicker clouds on their VXC.

Anyway, props on the experiment.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Also, I like to take my time while vaporizing and I was wondering whether herb is slowly getting used up when I am not inhaling? I like to pause for 5 minutes sometimes and then continue vaping, but I am afraid that heat, in general, will slowly use up the herb when there is no inhalation. What is ISO BTW?

ISO = isopropyl alcohol 90%+, inexpensive at your local pharmacy. And q-tips.

The heat in the joint will eventually have an effect, although how much so will depend on quality, condition, time, temp, and how vaped the herb already is. Personal styles vary greatly too, from those who sip at low temps to those with swimmer-lungs who turn it up and take an ELB in one or two hits. When this question has come up before, some posted they leave the ELB in the Cloud the entire session, others pull the ELB after each hit. Find what's right for you. (Personally, I pull the ELB if I'm going to take a break during a session.)

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
ISO = isopropyl alcohol 90%+, inexpensive at your local pharmacy. And q-tips.

The heat in the joint will eventually have an effect, although how much so will depend on quality, condition, time, temp, and how vaped the herb already is. Personal styles vary greatly too, from those who sip at low temps to those with swimmer-lungs who turn it up and take an ELB in one or two hits. When this question has come up before, some posted they leave the ELB in the Cloud the entire session, others pull the ELB after each hit. Find what's right for you. (Personally, I pull the ELB if I'm going to take a break during a session.)
What he said. You can check for visible vapor emitting from your bowl with a flashlight. Put it right next to the vape, just above the bowl in a dark room. It's visible quickly in my testing with the Cloud -- The bowl itself is a little oven even if it doesn't get that hot, and there are convective currents flowing up the bamboo.

You can also usually smell it happening if you put your nose up to a vape's bowl. One of the sweetest smells ever. :)

Top Bottom