Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
blueberry haze...medicinal quality that cost me a little bit more but was worth it.
Figures. I know there are bound to be a few phenotypes...We've gone through about a half o or so of Blueberry haze from my old caregiver before we moved. It worked a bit, but ultimately wasn't doing it for him...I really got some good relief from it though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Purpl3_Haz3,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I haven't had to (knock on wood) but I can tell you with pretty much certainty you will have no problem if you clean if off well.

CentiZen,

ChiefKeefe

Just ordered a vape xhale cloud. Got the one with 220v is that the cloud+?

Hope to get it tmrw

Just realized it says international.. Did i choose the wrong one. Fuck.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Meremoth

AKA ♫ Stinky Wizzleteats ♫
Hahaha, ChiefKeefe, if it's any consolation your posts had me literally laughing out loud, then again I did just take a massive rip off my SSV.

Where did you order it from, the VapeXhale website? If I were you I'd just cancel the order completely and order it from one of the fuckcombustion sponsor sites. I'll PM you my recommendation.

BTW, I just ordered a Cloud myself. :rockon:

Meremoth

Ordered it from there site. They already took the money from my paypal.

Try and cancel it anyway you can and check your PM, I have a feeling you're going to want to purchase it the way I suggest in the PM.

There's got to be a way to call them, no? Perhaps I can try and help you find their number.

Meremoth,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just thought I'd post an update.
  • I originally purchased 2 used ticker units. I purchased my first Cloud in mid July 2012. I purchased my second (backup) Cloud a couple weeks later.
  • My first Cloud died on Jan. 30th 2013 and was shipped out for repair on Feb. 1st (paid standard $150 repair fee).
  • My second Cloud died on Feb. 27th and I decided to hold off on shipping it out for repair until I got my first unit back although I paid the $150 repair fee immediately to show my intent to have it repaired and my commitment to my Clouds :) (Hoping it would expedite the repair of my 1st a little ...)
  • I finally (after several missed dates) received my first Cloud back on March 26th (4 days shy of 2 months out for repair).
  • I sent my 2nd Cloud out for repair on March 27th and received it back from service on May 8th (6 weeks out for repair).
So ... all this being said ... am I happy with the product I've received and the level of customer service I have received?

Well ... the short answer is "Yes" ... VXL has tried (within reason) to make me a happy customer and has tried to make amends where they can, and have done the best they can (I believe based on my observations and how busy they are) to keep me updated on what's going on. Has it been perfect? Hell no! I was without a working Cloud for almost 2 months despite having bought a backup unit to specifically avoid this situation ... this is far from ideal ... that being said ... this is by no means intentional on there part and I don't feel they've deceived me ... just things didn't work out perfectly every step of the way.

I do feel that they were overly optimistic and gave me the overly optimistic message at times when they should have probably been more conservative which made my life difficult as far as planning, but apart from that, the reasons for the delays I believe were real and sometimes things just spiral out of control and no matter what you focus on you leave other things behind so you are left just trying to do the best one can while trying to retain one's sanity (this is just my outside impression of things ...)

Anyways ... in the end the first Cloud I got back works great, but the fit/finish leaves quite a bit to be desired; that being said I wanted it back sooner instead of later and if this meant a slight compromise on fit/finish (but not function), then I was willing to accept that. My 2nd unit I received back has much better fit/finish; although the casing doesn't align perfectly, at least the bottom of the bamboo is properly smoothed and not a little jagged and the cut-out on the bottom of the casing doesn't look like it was done by someone in a high-school shop class (that's what my first one looks like)

One other complaint I had was that I went from having around 15 spare ELB's to now having only 3 that fit properly in either of the two Clouds.

All things being said, I'm relatively happy. I have 2 working Clouds again, both upgraded to Cloud+ and both an improvement over the originals (although not on fit/finish). If this was a mature company with massive revenue, my expectations would be different and my level of satisfaction would be different; however, everything accounted for, I feel like I've been treated fairly and am happy with the product and service I have received.

An honest vapor enthusiasts experience with the Cloud ...

Meremoth

This may or may not be their number:

(484-453-8236)

JCat's post makes me wonder... how long is the Cloud suppose to last?

Assuming it's assembled without any defects or flaws, with daily use...

Does anyone have a Cloud from release that's still going strong?

Meremoth,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
This may or may not be their number:

(484-453-8236)

JCat's post makes me wonder... how long is the Cloud suppose to last?

Assuming it's assembled without any defects or flaws, with daily use...

Does anyone have a Cloud from release that's still going strong?

It's been stated time and time again that you're bound to get a very magnified view of the problems with Clouds here, as FC only represents a small chunk of Cloud owners. I can attest to my Cloud (ticker, purchased/received around end of July/beginning of August 2012) and its durability. Since purchased, it's been used very very regularly, and without issues! In fact, much of its life (greater than six months) has been spent being kept turned on for 16-24 hours a day via a Belkin WeMo. I'd say mine and many others units speak to the average Clouds longevity. There are also those who have had there units since release, and IIRC there are beta units still ticking away....

Meremoth

Welp, I ordered mine today from Puff It Up and it has already shipped. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple of days.

I'm really looking forward to using it, specifically for the Perpetuheat Heating System.

I love my SSV, but I really just want to be able to hit my vaporizer as hard or as soft as I want without worrying about combustion. If anything it'll be a great back-up to my Cloud, assuming the Cloud is good enough to make me bench my SSV, which I hope it is.

I didn't order any hydratubes. I'm not really that concerned about water filtration with vapor. Only reason I would want a hydratube is if it actually produced better vapor. Perhaps I'll get one on down the line.

So I'll have the SSV as a home backup unit, the Cloud as my main driver... just need a portable one now...

Is Solo still king of portable vapes or are there new ones out that rival it? I guess this thread isn't the most appropriate place to ask that question.

They cancelled my order. Is the only place to get hydratubes from there site?
I was wondering about this myself...

Meremoth,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
And that is my problem, i.e. ability to inhale, while bottom of cloud (bamboo) is blocked. And the result is I'm getting diluted clouds which is what drew my attention to this problem in the first place.

Upon further examination I'm finding that the only point of contact between the working end of the bamboo (the male joint) and the female end of my glass pieces is at the larger (18mm) end of the male taper. The small end of the male taper of the bamboo is not touching anything when inserted into my glass pieces, hence the wobble. What I hate about this (besides the leakage) is that the stresses seen in a single point of contact (the circumference of the large end of the male joint) is much worse at that single point of contact than if the stresses were distributed evenly along the entire length of the tapered joint like it should be.

Here's a quick drawing I made to illustrate the problem:

CloudSchematic_zpsa1d84f52.jpg~original

All I can say that I didn't have this issue with my original Cloud. Both the Ion and Evolver fit it perfectly. The fact that both the Ion and Evolver fit so badly on my new Cloud+ pretty much says that the male joint on this new bamboo is at fault. The only other piece of glass I can test with is my 18mm female slide stand which also wobbles when placed on the Cloud+.

The slight wobble is intentional and shouldn't affect the seal at the bottom. I read that you had plugged the bottom and that there was still air leakage so there is definitely a problem with your unit. In regards to your drawing, you are absolutely correct. We use a male 19/22 joint and the female joints in the HydraTubes are 19/26 joints. The first number is the diameter of the male joint (same) the second number depicts the length of the grind (22mm versus 26mm). We did this on purpose to avoid joint lock but again, in your situation, it looks like a poorly made male ground glass joint.

We are currently awaiting more glass and happy to replace your unit when we have the parts in stock. I apologize for any hassles this may have caused you.

Top Bottom