Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

stickstones

Vapor concierge
purplehaze...maybe you and I are just used to what we have been dealt for a while. I wouldn't want yours and you wouldn't want mine...that's funny! I have thought about whether or not I am getting a perfect seal, and I don't think I am (with the Ion). But I don't notice thin vapor with this rig, either. Maybe I should get a cloud buddy just to see. It would be sick if I were to get even thicker clouds than I am getting now.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . All I can say that I didn't have this issue with my original Cloud. Both the Ion and Evolver fit it perfectly. The fact that both the Ion and Evolver fit so badly on my new Cloud+ pretty much says that the male joint on this new bamboo is at fault. The only other piece of glass I can test with is my 18mm female slide stand which also wobbles when placed on the Cloud+.

If you didn't have this issue with your original Cloud and these same pieces, then yes, I agree, that points to the Plus as being the culprit.

Sorry, I must have missed that in your first post. :doh:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
And that is my problem, i.e. ability to inhale, while bottom of cloud (bamboo) is blocked. And the result is I'm getting diluted clouds which is what drew my attention to this problem in the first place.

Upon further examination I'm finding that the only point of contact between the working end of the bamboo (the male joint) and the female end of my glass pieces is at the larger (18mm) end of the male taper. The small end of the male taper of the bamboo is not touching anything when inserted into my glass pieces, hence the wobble. What I hate about this (besides the leakage) is that the stresses seen in a single point of contact (the circumference of the large end of the male joint) is much worse at that single point of contact than if the stresses were distributed evenly along the entire length of the tapered joint like it should be.

Here's a quick drawing I made to illustrate the problem:

CloudSchematic_zpsa1d84f52.jpg~original

All I can say that I didn't have this issue with my original Cloud. Both the Ion and Evolver fit it perfectly. The fact that both the Ion and Evolver fit so badly on my new Cloud+ pretty much says that the male joint on this new bamboo is at fault. The only other piece of glass I can test with is my 18mm female slide stand which also wobbles when placed on the Cloud+.

I hope your situation gets sorted out! Definitely is no fun when anything isn't right in the land of ones Cloud :\

purplehaze...maybe you and I are just used to what we have been dealt for a while. I wouldn't want yours and you wouldn't want mine...that's funny! I have thought about whether or not I am getting a perfect seal, and I don't think I am (with the Ion). But I don't notice thin vapor with this rig, either. Maybe I should get a cloud buddy just to see. It would be sick if I were to get even thicker clouds than I am getting now.

You've got it! I'm now just curious as to what the more common situation is...low or high bamboo?! I'd say on the new Clouds, they are mostly low... Post your findings when you try the Cloud Buddy setup!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Maybe I should get a cloud buddy just to see. It would be sick if I were to get even thicker clouds than I am getting now.
Why would a Cloud Buddy offer a better fit?

I've been considering the purchase of a "CB" as well. It's my understanding that it consists of two 18mm joints and one 14mm joint. Is the following labeling correct? (I'm just taking a guess...)

CloudBuddyLabeled_zps0012f29a.jpg~original

Budzman,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
No, the CloudBuddy is 18mm all the way around, love mine . . .
Now that makes sense!

I wonder why the pic on the Vap-X website shows two 18mm female joints (on the top) and what appears to be a third 14mm female joint (on the bottom). I don't see the 18mm male joint in the Vap-X pic.

Budzman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Yeah, the bamboo may be set a little high, but as it is now the bottom of the bamboo clears the table top by an 1/8" like it's supposed to. If I push the bamboo down far enough for the glass to have some support from the metal housing then the bottom of the bamboo will be touching the table top and of course that will restrict the air flow (unless the Cloud is held off the table of course).

The real problem is that the joint just doesn't seal well at all. I can put a rubber stopper in the bottom of the bamboo and I'm still able to draw air through my Glass which shows there's a lot of leakage at the joint. The other bothersome thing is that I can rock the Glass (or the Cloud) back and forth more in one axis than in another which leads me to believe that the male joint is slightly out of round as well as not being the correct taper.

I hope when you say you can still draw air you are covering the bottom or of course your pulling air it's a wide open air path. Please don't think I mean my comment as disrespect - I mean nothing more than offering advice.

And about the cloud buddy - it is a male on the bottom - or, it wouldn't work. It looks like they either cut a hole in the material for the picture or for some reason they photo-shopped it off.

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
I hope when you say you can still draw air you are covering the bottom or of course your pulling air it's a wide open air path. Please don't think I mean my comment as disrespect - I mean nothing more than offering advice.
Well I had hoped that when I said I closed the bottom of the bamboo with a rubber stopper it would be clear that as a test no air would be allowed to pass through the bamboo itself, and any air I could draw (inhale) through the Evolver or Ion at that point would have to be leaking past the joint.

And mvapes, definitely no disrespect taken! :D

Budzman,
Reactions: mvapes

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Now that makes sense!

I wonder why the pic on the Vap-X website shows two 18mm female joints (on the top) and what appears to be a third 14mm female joint (on the bottom). I don't see the 18mm male joint in the Vap-X pic.

You don't see it because that drawing is misleading. On the bottom is indeed an 18mm male.

oldiebutgoodie,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
The Cloud Buddy does come with an 18mm male glass stopper like the pic shows doesn't it?
(wouldn't be much use without it!)

Budzman,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
And let me not to forget to mention the gaping whole in the central metal enclosure, its mis-aligned, bad construction on mine.
The misalignment of the metal case halves is one thing that can be corrected by adjusting the black Allen screws. Just back off the screw on the side of the metal case half that's too close to the outer (black) housing, and then tighten the opposite screw to move the case half over to center it within the outer housing. You might have to adjust both case half's a little to get alignment but it can be done (ask me how I know :)).

Disclaimer: Only do this at your own risk!

Cloud-Misalignment_zps2a0d75f9.jpg~original

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I've been vaping with the cloud for almost a year now and the 2 or 3 times that I tried combusting over that period were just no fun at all. After you get used to the smooth, cool, flavorful clouds that envelope your lungs...smoking really will not be that great an experience any more...There is no place I would rather be than in the Clouds...:)

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Ok I joined the club.
I have a Cloud with Hydracirc ordered!!
When it gets here I'm going to quit combusting for real this time.
Hoping the Cloud will help.
My now broken Deluxe Daddy just wasn't cutting it.

Also have a Solo ordered for backup/travel....

Welcome, Darb! You won't be disappointed. In fact, I'm sure that once you get your Cloud and Solo, you'll not combust again. Great choices. :tup:

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Darb

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
In your honor, Stu. I've been reading your recent Cloud posts (i.e., stalking you) and thought about how you missed Derek. I missed him, too. So, I hit my Cloud and updated my profile. Derek will stick around for a while.

And I'm going to hit my Cloud again ;)

Edit: Stu - you may appreciate my 'enhanced' HT holder. I've rigged it to provide a soft landing after I drop it in.

green2brown

What's needed in the ELB for optimal performance is about .2 g and will last you at least seven hits

I'd be careful making statements like this because there are too many variables. For example, an ELB packed with .2g of top shelf will rarely if ever last me more than 3 hits, and typically only 2 - hit, tap the bud down, hit, gone. Flower quality, moisture content, the user's lung capacity, etc, etc, all play a part in how many hits you'll get off x amount of herb. But regardless of number of hits, the Cloud will extract just about every last bit of what you want out of your bud.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My wife has found a strain that relieves her migraines. I only use it with the Cloud because I can pack a small ELB (she is s lightweight and doesn't use much) and let her take two draws. Then she is done and medicated. The ELB lets me take it out immediately and save it for later. I've had one ELB effectively medicate her for three or four sessions like this.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
@Budzman, nice little Picture/tutorial on the re-alignment of the Cloud!
My wife has found a strain that relieves her migraines. I only use it with the Cloud because I can pack a small ELB (she is s lightweight and doesn't use much) and let her take two draws. Then she is done and medicated. The ELB lets me take it out immediately and save it for later. I've had one ELB effectively medicate her for three or four sessions like this.
Might I ask what strain? My boyfriend has horrible migraines that so far even the Cloud, paired with every strain I can find, can't soften the blow of :ugh:

On a more Cloud related note, for anyone who was interested in my Mini ELB post a few weeks back, my mini-ELB has served me well, and aside from a few sessions with a regular ELB while cleaning my mini-ELB, I have vaped through the mini-ELB exclusively since 4/19.

So far I've noticed a few things, most notedly being that I don't have to clean this bowl as often...The side walls of the bowl get quite caked, and solid, to the point where I feel it extracted a little less evenly...so I cleaned it. But, this took a couple weeks, as opposed to a day or too for me with a regular ELB. The other thing I've noticed is that the common ring of vape residue that one sees in their bamboo just below the ELB, is no longer an issue. I have cleaned my Clouds bamboo regularly (every week, to every few weeks) and am always having to scrub away that ring. Granted it's not that hard if cleaned regularly. But, where I don't have a ring of residue below the GONG joint, I do have a greater amount of residue in the higher part of the joint/bamboo. The residue that builds up below/around the mini-ELB isn't a hard to clean ring though, just a light film.

So all in all, I'll probably continue to use my mini-ELB, and order a couple of arizer EQ screen packs to make a few more mini-ELBs. I've been needing new ELBs, but have been hesitant with the price tag for just a four pack. I'll still probably keep two regular ELB caps intact, so that I can Two Cap, and use a regular ELB once in a while, for larger loads, or who knows.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: b0

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Ok I joined the club.
I have a Cloud with Hydracirc ordered!!
When it gets here I'm going to quit combusting for real this time.
Hoping the Cloud will help.
My now broken Deluxe Daddy just wasn't cutting it.

Also have a Solo ordered for backup/travel....

Great combo mate!

Enjoy your cloud/solo!

m0sh,
Reactions: Darb
Top Bottom